• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yep, my brilliant use of the English language left you flabbergasted.

I don't think the poets could have strung together a more beautiful or creative combination

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
That is too awesome, nice rhyme you had there.

I have get to see any Geno talk, seems nobody even likes him or is at least excited about wanting him in Smash 4, it's all about Megaman nowadays, but still more discussion o er the undergogs would be nice.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That is too awesome, nice rhyme you had there.

I have get to see any Geno talk, seems nobody even likes him or is at least excited about wanting him in Smash 4, it's all about Megaman nowadays, but still more discussion o er the undergogs would be nice.

At least Geno was mentioned in that fake Nintendo Viral Marketing campaign

Megaman is mentioned a lot recently because of the things that happened with Capcom

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What if Nintendo at the next E3 was like "HEY GUYS. WE HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU. WE BOUGHT THE RIGHTS TO GENO AND HE'S GOING TO BE IN THE NEXT SMASH." But then they had no idea what to do with him afterward so he became like the new Waluigi of spin-off Mario games.

OmegaXXII

Megaman seems overrated nowadays, especially with the scandals he's been having recently, I wouldn't be surprised if Megaman fanboys got outraged and boycotted Capcom if Megaman doesn't make it in Smash, as opposed to Geno, I guess it's because of the blue bomber's iconic reputation that people act the way they do.

*Looks at MML3*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What if Nintendo at the next E3 was like "HEY GUYS. WE HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU. WE BOUGHT THE RIGHTS TO GENO AND HE'S GOING TO BE IN THE NEXT SMASH." But then they had no idea what to do with him afterward so he became like the new Waluigi of spin-off Mario games.
Probably would be what would happen. Maybe make a cameo appearance in a paper mario game or (If lucky) mario main series game.

I'd like him as a recurring smash character. Smash 4,5,6,7...

OmegaXXII

I imagine capcom like this:

@Oasis: you should create a funny doodle of Geno turning into a joke like Waluigi lol..

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Maybe Super Mario RPG 2?

Except, y'know. With the M&L guys instead. OR SOMETHING. Actually this was all a stupid thing to say in the first place.

And I would never do that to Geno.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Waluigi hasn't been in ANYTHING but side games and was created FOR side games

Geno would be more like Daisy if that happened, not Waluigi

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
Haha that's what'll happen most likely.. xD but i believe even waluigi will be lower then him, because geno is actually liked my some people x)

i would like to see him in the super smashes though.. even if it is just for his theme song!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Come to think of it, if Waluigi was created ONLY to give Wario a partner in Mario Tennis, why didn't they just bring back Captain Syrup instead? I mean, they brought back Daisy from Super Mario Land. Wario Land derived from that series.

OmegaXXII

And that's what bothers me alot, why can't they add Geno for smash? He easily can be added to Mario games, why not Smash? He's part Nintendo, Square shouldn't have to debate his inclusion if Nintendo wanted him but then again they really don't seem interested.

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
And that's what bothers me alot, why can't they add Geno for smash? He easily can be added to Mario games, why not Smash? He's part Nintendo, Square shouldn't have to debate his inclusion if Nintendo wanted him but then again they really don't seem interested.

you do know that geno was one of the considered characters for brawl right? along with ridley, mewtwo and toon zelda. toon zelda and mewtwo actually made the plans and a small appearance in the core code of brawl while ridley made it as a boss and geno was considered to the "mehh not right now" category while ridley still remains there too but sakurai would rather not use him

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is there really no other character comparable to Geno...? Even aside from his third-party status. He's relatively obscure nowadays, yet he's still one of the most popular Nintendo characters. I KNOW HE'S A COOL GUY but man. So weird. So cool~

Thino

Smash Master
you do know that geno was one of the considered characters for brawl right? along with ridley, mewtwo and toon zelda. toon zelda and mewtwo actually made the plans and a small appearance in the core code of brawl while ridley made it as a boss and geno was considered to the "mehh not right now" category while ridley still remains there too but sakurai would rather not use him
What they considered before the previous game doesnt necessarily carry over to the next one.

We saw what happened in Brawl , when they considered removing Ness in Melee

OmegaXXII

So you're saying that Nintendo wanted him in Brawl all along? No wonder hexwas in Sakurai's poll, damn Sakurai with his feelings towards a character, the same happened to Ridley, but this time around all that will probably change, I'm afraid he will have no choice but to include him in Smash 4, his emotions towards him must be put aside.

I hope Megaman doesn't receive the same treatment, at least from Capcom's side that is.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm really hoping some of the things we did during Brawl's development reached Nintendo/ Sakurai.

I realize NOW that the roster had already been made long before all that happened.

Maybe the fan demands of Geno and Ridley (Mostly Geno) were heard and finally have an effect in Smash 4.

A game to have the best character AND be highly competitive!

...I can dream

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
So you're saying that Nintendo wanted him in Brawl all along? No wonder hexwas in Sakurai's poll, damn Sakurai with his feelings towards a character, the same happened to Ridley, but this time around all that will probably change, I'm afraid he will have no choice but to include him in Smash 4, his emotions towards him must be put aside.

I hope Megaman doesn't receive the same treatment, at least from Capcom's side that is.

yup that's what i'm saying =P it indeed means geno has a great chance! but it also means that sakurai can keep him on the hold for even longer, or worse.. cancel him =[

let's just keep our hopes up!

and about megaman i think he actually has a chance! i'll look for the quotes of sakurai where he says things about working together with capcom.

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
found it:

[COLLAPSE="OOH SNAP THERE IT IS"]This information comes from Masahiro Sakurai…

“I can’t say that it’s entirely out of the realm of possibility that some Capcom character could appear in the next Smash Bros. The big problem, though, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a completely different universe to fit with the style that has been dictated by Nintendo’s characters in a fighting game. In fact, I actually think it’s a miracle that we got Smash Bros. and all the Nintendo characters to work together in the first place. Especially when you bring Pokemon into the mix and a lot of the complications that are caused by that being an almost completely different entity on its own, it’s really something. So this is something that obviously will come up more as we get started on the new Smash Bros. development, but keeping those things in mind I think is important.

It’ll be very interesting to see how many third-party characters show up in the next Smash Bros. games. Right now, we don’t even know if Snake and Sonic will be returning!"[/COLLAPSE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom