• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yea, Toon Sheik of course.

ALRIGHT FELLAS!!!

let's get ready to dance like this guy here:

Why!?!!! Because it's time to face the music and enjoy my....

<- YEAH!!!!!

:phone:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I like Jigglypuff because she's so unique and she has such a unique playstyle. A PURE aerial character. Multiple jumps, super high aerial mobility, strong and quick aerials and her aerials have a lot of uses. However, she's still a bottom tier. Lol
Did you know that I finished the event 50 with Jigglypuff in Melee because of their ability? It gave me an advantage over both hands! Sakurai could improve the ability of it, for increase the damage of air strikes.

OmegaXXII

The thing with Jigglypuff is that she resembles Kirby and her moves could use a little more creativity, they seem boring IMO, Sakurai should modify her moveset a bit, that's what I think.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The thing with Jigglypuff is that she resembles Kirby and her moves could use a little more creativity, they seem boring IMO, Sakurai should modify her moveset a bit, that's what I think.

Her moveset is a bit lackluster, but still the way she plays is unlike any other character. I'd rather Pokemon get 5 slots than cutting Jigglypuff for another character, lol.

Though she better be more like her Melee-self. >8O

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Jiggly's changes to:

1 - Modify the style similar to Kirby;
2 - Increase the power of 'DownB';
3 - Increase the distance range of the singing;
4 - Increase the damage of air strikes;
5 - Six multiple jumps.

Outside joke character, enters a powerful character and sweet!

Actually..... Her aerials are different from Kirby's... The only thing that's the same would be the d-air. Other than that, their aerials are different.

For Jigglypuff's change? I suggest giving her more options in the air. Faster pound animtion.

Changes for fox.....
U-smash = 100 frames. --> Win :awesome:

Changes for snake....
F-smash = 1 frame --> Win :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Jiggs singing makes me sleepy, dude yellow version is the bomb.

On topic: Yea, her melée self would be awesome, just with a modified buffed moveset, also make her a bit heavier, she's too easy to K.O at 80% lol...

Yeah.... Got a problem with that!? Snake is gonna get buffed with the power of.....

FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Increase U-tilt's range and F-tilt's range. Make it outprioritize EVERY attack in the game.

Err..... Oasis... You there?

D

Deleted member

My hierarchy for Mario characters:
Paper Mario
Bowser Jr.
Geno
Toad
Waluigi
Kamek
Fawful
Daisy
Dr. Mario
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Yeah I got it, thank you! I'm not in the mood to be editing my site though.
You're welcome. Looking forward to you editing the site.
BlueZelda said:
Does anyone have a feeling that ganon will be #1 tier in ssb4? I think that because since he was so bad in brawl, he is getting major buffs.
No, not at all. As a matter of fact, I think if he doesn't become unique, he will end up sucking again in SSB4.
Barbasol said:
Well, I'm actually glad that there's a lot of direction for the Mario series to take. With no good definite contender, that makes sure things are kept interesting!
Toad- Longtime Ally
Bowser Jr.- Newage villain
Kamek- Longtime Villain. Yoshi Series antagonist
Waluigi- Spinoff character
Paper Mario- Spinoff variant
Geno- Fan favorite

I'm glad for all the possibilities.
I don't think Geno is a fan favorite anymore. Support for his inclusion has already reach their peak and he can only go downhill from here.
OmegaXVII said:
I have get to see any Geno talk, seems nobody even likes him or is at least excited about wanting him in Smash 4, it's all about Megaman nowadays, but still more discussion o er the undergogs would be nice.
It's not that we dislike Geno (I actually want to see him in as a playable character), its that we have generally agreed that he is improbable.
PsychoIncarnate said:
Megaman is mentioned a lot recently because of the things that happened with Capcom
This. Mega Man will continue to be a hot topic of discussion in regards to his chances for a long time...
OmegaXVII said:
Megaman seems overrated nowadays, especially with the scandals he's been having recently, I wouldn't be surprised if Megaman fanboys got outraged and boycotted Capcom if Megaman doesn't make it in Smash, as opposed to Geno, I guess it's because of the blue bomber's iconic reputation that people act the way they do.

*Looks at MML3*
The outrage for Mega Man not getting in Smash being justified depends on if a Capcom character gets in or not. If Ryu/Phoenix Wright get in instead of Mega Man despite being the most requested, I would say it's justified to get mad at Capcom for doing so, although not to the point where you boycott them as if I had the money (Which I don't since I'm buying SSB4 regardless if Mega Man gets in or not), I would still be buying Capcom games since there are other options. If there are no Capcom characters period, then I wouldn't consider it justified because it showed that Capcom at least had the decency to not anger the fans with another characters inclusion. Personally, if we get no Mega Man in Smash, I would want to see Capcom put in no one because I don't want to have the feeling of being betrayed and neither would other fans and that I would find it understandable.
PsychoIncarnate said:
If Geno gets in, we should start a Mallow campaign
If you want to hear my thoughts, this should have been done in the first place.
OmegaXVII said:
I hope Megaman doesn't receive the same treatment, at least from Capcom's side that is.
That's why really has me worried about how likely he truly is. This is why I prefer no Capcom rep over Ryu/Phoenix Wright getting in over Mega Man.
PsychoIncarnate said:
I'm really hoping some of the things we did during Brawl's development reached Nintendo/ Sakurai.

I realize NOW that the roster had already been made long before all that happened.

Maybe the fan demands of Geno and Ridley (Mostly Geno) were heard and finally have an effect in Smash 4.

A game to have the best character AND be highly competitive!

...I can dream
I believe the following were highly hyped before fans were let down:
- Ridley
- King K. Rool
- Bowser Jr.
- Mega Man
,- Krystal
- Geno
- Deoxys

Looking back at Brawl, most of the highly anticipated character for Melee like Wario and Diddy Kong were added in SSBB. I think Ridley, King K. Rool, Bowser Jr., and Mega Man have a decent shot of being playable.
Sonic Poke said:
But among the characters clones cut from Melee, only Roy and Dr. Mario can return, because they are planned, Young Link is already in, and Pichu would be replaced by Plusle & Minun probably, but did not. http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Plusle_&_Minun
Not sure why Mewtwo can't return.
Hoots said:
I know people want to make room for Mewtwo and 5th gen while axing Jigglypuff and Lucario, but where the **** is the logic in that, eh? Just because they don't like Jigglypuff? I just don't get it.
This. With five slots, it's not impossible for Mewtwo to replace Lucario and Zoroark/Victini/Genesect to get in, it's not like the franchise has to stay with just four slots.

By no means Jigglypuff is a shoe-in, but I think he's getting in and staying. I want the original twelve to stay.
OmegaXVII said:
I think this is why Jigglypuff is hated; he's not exactly the type of player people get excited about to play with. I would like for Sakurai to make her more exciting.

@Oasis: I thought you'd have an idea of what we were talking about. You know how to hack right?

@SSBF: I might as well ask you this question....

Did you just say decent instead of something more than decent? New post by the way in the toad group. I replied to your post

D

Deleted member

berserker01 said:
@SSBF: I might as well ask you this question....

Did you just say decent instead of something more than decent? New post by the way in the toad group. I replied to your post
Yes I did. This is mainly because I think recent events has brought Mega Man's chances down considerably, but he still has some things going for his inclusion. If not for Legends 3 cancellation and had he been in UMvC3, I would say he's practically a shoe-in. Sadly, that is not the case.

However, I do feel that Ridley is near guarantee no matter how fans look at it. King K. Rool and Bowser Jr. also have solid shots of being playable, so I'm expecting Ridley, King K. Rool, and Bowser Jr. to make the cut. The same can't be said for Mega Man.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis: I thought you'd have an idea of what we were talking about. You know how to hack right?
Nope. I think I know what you're referring to though. A while back I had come across somebody's Mediafire page where they had uploaded all of Brawl's data. I had been looking at how much memory everything took up to EASE WORRIES about the 3DS not being able to handle ~50 characters.

Also I hope you put up a WANTED POSTER for me in your little Toad Brigade. Yes, that would make Ridley proud. Space Pirates are always wanted men.

OmegaXXII

@SSBF: Actually, nobody is truly safe, only the mainstreamed characters like Mario and Fox are, basically any character could possibly get cut, this is only saying it hypothetically of course.

A wanted poster eyy?

I can do that. After all, there's nothing wrong with an alliance helping another alliance. I'll ask Star for the poster

D

Deleted member

@SSBF: Actually, nobody is truly safe, only the mainstreamed characters like Mario and Fox are, basically any character could possibly get cut, this is only saying it hypothetically of course.

That's true that there are no locks as I am of the opinion that there are no newcomer locks for SSB4. With the evidence going for King K. Rool, Bowser Jr., and Ridley however, I am expecting them to be playable as I think they all are likely to be playable.

If Ridley is not playable then that proves Sakurai dislikes him since he would go THAT far

He can't run. Ridley must be added

D

Deleted member

Yes, I got the 20,000th post. Go me.
If Ridley is not playable then that proves Sakurai dislikes him since he would go THAT far

He can't run. Ridley must be added
I have to agree. Ridley is a necessity at this point. Along with King K. Rool, Little Mac, and one of the following:
Isaac
Saki Amamiya
Starfy
Ray (Custom Robo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom