• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
About a playable Cranky, not for Smash. That was more for a 4-player DKC thing (kiddy would be safer even though IDC for him) that was mentioned; I didn't want to do multi-quotes on a phone. And yeah, K.Rool's absence hurts his chances, but even though DKCR did well without him (AFAIK), hopefully the 'where's k.rool :(' comments show how popular he is.

:phone:
Well, I wouldn't be feeling so down, the important thing is that Sakurai might and probable does recognize K.Rool as a potential candidate, he is definetly deserving enough, moreso than Dixie imo, so i'm pretty optimistic about K.Rool's possibly getting in.

I may not be Sakurai, but it would be pretty strange to see two characters work together when their movesets aren't even alike.

Plusle & Minun would work, since their moves are highly identical, but their inclusion is highly doubtful now.
Hmm.. thenhow would you suppose they would have worked in Brawl if Sakurai would have gone through with it? or could that mean he found a Dixie/Diddy duo as a complication in terms of movesets?

"Looking threw my Nintendo Power collection".

I did find that article, but other then what was already mentioned above there's not much else.

Except that the roster was chosen before 07, so this does raise Victini's chances quite a bit. That and Wave Dashing still may not return for SSB4 as he said it was originally in Brawl before they took it out.

He also admits slowing down the gameplay on-purpose.
I could really care less if wave-dashing returns or not, slow down game play for appealing casual was a bad move imo, what he should do in smash 4 though is appeal to both casual and competative players alike, more character balancing would be nice such as balancing up Ganon or nerfing Meta-Knight to a certain extent.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, I wouldn't be feeling so down, the important thing is that Sakurai might and probable does recognize K.Rool as a potential candidate, he is definetly deserving enough, moreso than Dixie imo, so i'm pretty optimistic about K.Rool's possibly getting in.

Hmm.. thenhow would you suppose they would have worked in Brawl if Sakurai would have gone through with it? or could that mean he found a Dixie/Diddy duo as a complication in terms of movesets?

I could really care less if wave-dashing returns or not, slow down game play for appealing casual was a bad move imo, what he should do in smash 4 though is appeal to both casual and competative players alike, more character balancing would be nice such as balancing up Ganon or nerfing Meta-Knight to a certain extent.
K. Rool is more deserving than dixie, but dixie is up there. If K. Rool gets added in SSB4 and in another SSB game(assuming there is) we expect another DK rep then my first choice would be dixie.

As for diddy and dixie, i wouldn't say they'd have much of a problem with a team with different movesets. They did it in DKC2, so i doubt it would be a big problem in SSB4(if that were to happen). Btw, if dixie's up-B were to be like DK's, then maybe it should have a special feature, which is to go slightly up(like DK's), and when that is finished she keeps doing the move, making her descent much slower, like peach's umbrella?

Hmm... Btw i might like to see a rep from brutal. It was an interesting fighting game, although the animals looked as though they were being stretched so thin you could use them as a rubber band. :-P

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Thanks Starphoenix. Now I'm going to find a way to get it to link to Project: Unova inside it.
OmegaXVII said:
Well then, that's good to hear, likewise I support Victini for the reasons that have been mentioned before.

Hope to see a Victini alliance soon.
Now that I'm back, after this post, I'm going to form it and link to it.
OmegaXVII said:
I have already planned a group with Barbasol, we will create it soon.
I am very much looking forward to it being formed.
Starphoenix said:
Kudos to SSBF for accurately guessing my most supported character for SSB4. For the record, the other character I support just as highly is Starfy.
[COLLAPSE="Spoiler for those who want to know what I guessed"]It's Ray.[/COLLAPSE]
OmegaXVII said:
Okay I might post this in the K.Rool thread but what do you guys think if his chances agaisnt Dixie Kong as a solo or Duo with Diddy Kong?
That depends. If Diddy and Dixie Kong are together, King K. Rool still has a good chance of getting in. However, in the unlikely case that Dixie takes the third spot, King K. Rool will probably not be playable. I'm hoping for the former.
CrimsonFeint said:
If the technology for the Wii U is improved enough, it could be possible to implement Dixie as was intended. This could hurt K. Rool's chances. If it is still not implementable, that opens the door for K. Rool. Personally, I think he deserves the spot anyways, but Sakurai has his own priorities.
I don't think putting Dixie and Diddy together will hurt his chances that much. Popularity and importance to the series might be all King K. Rool needs to be playable. If Dixie is not used, his chances goes up to 85% as he's likely the only choice we have for a DK rep (Cranky Kong is possible, but I doubt he's getting in).
Starphoenix said:
Chances are the 4th Kong would either be Funky or Cranky Kong.
Funky Kong is cool, but please no Cranky Kong.
OmegaXVII said:
LOL. don't you mean this is a request from SSBFAN? What about a Project Begnion? with Black Knight??
Never requested it, Barbasol did. Still, I thank you for this.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
For those of you creating your alliances, I'd like you to take a look at Project Begnion's main page: http://www.projectbegnion.blogspot.com/

If you'll notice, there are Petition counters for both Black Knight as well as Victini. I believe that we could all benefit from conglomeration in this method. By linking things together and mutual support, it becomes a much larger movement.

Those of you, like Berserker, who are starting their own movements, feel free to contact me and we can talk about some options.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Good ideas.

I've now signed up on both petitions. Hope it helps. ;)

D

Deleted member

Hey Barbasol, I'd like to help with getting my site organize. I'll put in everything, you can just give me suggestions. Thanks.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I wish i could make a group but i really don't know who for.... I mainly support these characters(that i think haven't been done yet): Chrono, Paula, Chocobo(a chocobo and slime team i'd be happy with too, but i think that's star's jurisdiction), the protagonists from the games of terranigma, Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore and either dixie kong or K. Rool(my earliest memories come from DKC and DKC2). I also support various other characters but the above list are the ones i'd be willing to make groups for. But if i were to choose one....

D

Deleted member

The problem with a localized group is that it has no chance of garnering momentum. By having something beyond an individual board, you can tap into so many different communities with supporters.

But hey, to each their own. :)
Pretty much this.

I think our biggest problem will be trying to avoid our posts looking like adversitement. I'm very worried about support being stifled because it got misread as it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why don't you just make a blogspot at the least? It's pretty easy to make! I've done it a few times. (One Personal Blog, and a SSB4 Blog last year)

I think our biggest problem will be trying to avoid our posts looking like adversitement.
This. You have to watch yourself. If you want some numbers, I suggest you move to other sites.

OmegaXXII

Hey, I think he's optimistic enough that Toad has good chances for him going not only on this site, but elsewhere as well seem to agree, and that is a good thing.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
This. You have to watch yourself. If you want some numbers, I suggest you move to other sites.
Are you referring to moving our blogs to other sites?

One way that I think we could avoid getting our sites flagged for advertisement is try to establish a base for Project Unova without linking to the site, but I don't think that would be entirely efficient.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
What we're doing here is okay.

But it's like when a new member with four or five posts goes in and advertises to sign a petition, people get mad. So, it definitely has to be done gracefully. It can go foul fast.

OmegaXXII

Hmm.. Seems like it's an okay to do so, just as long as we keep our signature out when making short post, I'm relieved.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Right, hey Omega, if you'd be interested... we could use someone on Nsider2. Nsider2 is a huge market for Smash Bros people. I'm currently working on Serenes Forest myself, in hopes of garnering Fire Emblem hopefuls under one banner.

OmegaXXII

I'm officially kicking off my own alliance. Early enough so that way I can build up supporters for my most supported character for SSB4. Feel free to join!

[COLLAPSE="Who is it?"]Ruffians Forever: Saki Amamiya for Super Smash Bros. 4!

[/COLLAPSE]
Oh, and here I thought it was slime the whole time.

Right, hey Omega, if you'd be interested... we could use someone on Nsider2. Nsider2 is a huge market for Smash Bros people. I'm currently working on Serenes Forest myself, in hopes of garnering Fire Emblem hopefuls under one banner.

Yea, that would be a great idea, I actually happen to have an account there but I'm not on as much, I will start doing so just to garner more potential supporters.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh, and here I thought it was slime the whole time.

I support Slime, but I'm going to begin with a more realistic shot. Not that I won't create a Slime group, but Saki Amamiya is my most supported character.

Right now I could use supporters.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I support Slime, but I'm going to begin with a more realistic shot. Not that I won't create a Slime group, but Saki Amamiya is my most supported character.

Right now I could use supporters.
I'd recommend petition creation here: http://www.petitiononline.com/
And using Blogger to setup a homepage. Then you can tap into the vastness of the internet, not merely smashboards. :)

If you do, let me know, and we can happily link together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom