• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
hey! hokage! quit pouring water on my chemical burns.

unfortunately for myself, i will never speak derpinese. as for understanding it. i understand how it is written, i understand what one says when speaking derpinese; but when derp is written without saying derp derp, i need to understand the words with logical views rather than derp views.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well I'll leave you guys for now LOL, it's time for the band to head over to DCI. It's a show were college marching bands, like Blue Devils, compete.

We out

Kantrip

Kantplay
He is not yet over 9000, but he is nearing it.

Seeya guys who are leaving.

Now let's get back on topic so they come back to copious amounts of anti-derp.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
He is not yet over 9000, but he is nearing it.

Seeya guys who are leaving.

Now let's get back on topic so they come back to copious amounts of anti-derp.
Yes, it was fun. ^_^

Now then let's get down to some good ol' fashion SSB4 discussion shall we?

Okay I might post this in the K.Rool thread but what do you guys think if his chances agaisnt Dixie Kong as a solo or Duo with Diddy Kong?

:phone:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well, I don't know much about game programming or whatnot, but I do know that Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Sheik have differing transform times based on the games latency. This is because the game has to process the switch over because it doesn't have both transformations loaded at once. Ice Climbers don't have to switch, so they're fine, but Diddy and Dixie would simply not work with brawl technology because their animation is supposed to be quick. This is why I believe they gave up on the pairing in Brawl. A transformation switch couldn't work and another ICs would be lame.

If the technology for the Wii U is improved enough, it could be possible to implement Dixie as was intended. This could hurt K. Rool's chances. If it is still not implementable, that opens the door for K. Rool. Personally, I think he deserves the spot anyways, but Sakurai has his own priorities. :/

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If the technology for the Wii U is improved enough, it could be possible to implement Dixie as was intended. This could hurt K. Rool's chances. If it is still not implementable, that opens the door for K. Rool. Personally, I think he deserves the spot anyways, but Sakurai has his own priorities. :/
I'm sure the technology will have the capability. I'm still not sure why you think Diddy/Dixie wasn't possible with Wii tech? I mean, what part of the partner switching isn't possible? The quick timing? I was assuming they would play like switchable IC's right? Just maybe with unique moves. I don't think it really hurts King K Rool's chances that much either, I mean, look at Kirby in Melee, and look at Kirby in Brawl. He gained two companions in a single game. 1.5 companions isn't that far of a stretch. I think diddy making the transition to diddy/dixie is the biggest stretch out of anything.

OmegaXXII

@Crimson: Wow, so do you think that the limiting factor that involved a Zelda/Sheik tranformations is what caused Dixie to be scrapped from the duo? But don't you think they would have worked better as a loaded duo like the Ice Climbers? Or do you simply think of it as a tag team like Tekken Tag Tournament style for example?

I believe that if Sakurai does find potential for Dixie to be brought back in a duo, I still believe K.Rool would still have a chance at Smash 4 if Sakurai realiazes how demanded K.Rool is, not to mention he's a popular antagonist as well.

If Sakurai were to consider Diddy and Dixie as one character representing the DK franchise then I definetly can see K.Rool's chances going up considerably, even though Diddy/Dixie count as two characters, if Sakurai shows enough interest in K.Rool then I definetly can see it happening.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Obviously the Diddy & Dixie pair would be nothing like Ice Climbers at all. I was merely comparing for the sake of having another pair as reference. Diddy and Dixie would of course do their partner swap. The thing is, that would switch the moveset (as the one leading would have different attacks). The game needs quite a bit of time to switch, and the Diddy and Dixie switching animation just doesn't give that time. They can make it a hitbox if they want to, but that's not the point. The point is that Sakurai and his team abandoned the duo concept because it was too difficult to implement. Perhaps now that may have changed.

EDIT: At above two posts; the thing is, as soon as you swap values of moves within the moveset around via switching, the game needs time to buffer that.

OmegaXXII

Hmm...I see so regardsless if the Wii was able to handle such transformations or not I still wouldn't worry so much, after all the Wii-U will definetly prove to be the more powerful system around, maybe even more so than the PS3, so I really wouldn't worry about lag latency or frames and such since it will probably be able to run it and handle it smoother than it Wii counterpart.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh wow, that's a good point about the Diddy & Dixie switch. I was wondering why they would have had problems with that. A problem that minor would surely be solved by the WiiU's power.

WOULD that hurt K. Rool's chances...? While, yes, that would technically add another character, it's not adding another slot... Though that hardly means a thing. WOULD REALLY PREFER K. ROOL since he would add a bit of variety to the MONKEYS. Also, he'd be a heavyweight. :D

Kantrip

Kantplay
I understand, you're saying that the amount of processing could immense for the switch. As the game needs to load the move sets each time the move is selected.

Know that you mention that, how did DKC Returns approach switching? I don't quite remember, I'm pretty sure it switched to diddy once DK ran out of hearts but then again that style wasn't necessarily designed for co-op as the originals handled it.
There was no switching in DKCR. Donkey Kong was the character you play as, and then when you get Diddy he adds extra hearts to yours and you use his jetpack for jumping. In co-op mode the 2nd player gets to control him, but there's no switching. This is part of what made me sad about this game other than lack of familiarity (kong family, animal buddies bar rambi and squawks, KREMLINGS).

No doubt the Wii U will be able to handle the pair. The only question is if Sakurai would backtrack and take away the character that Diddy has become on his own for that. I don't think it's needed, to be honest. Adding K. Rool and having more time to do the rest of the roster without time constraints is better than adding K. Rool and implementing Dixie but having time problems.

I really hope they consider K. Rool this time around. Villains need representation, and there's not many options for any franchises left that are re-occurring and popular and recognizable and important and all that jazz.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Considering Sakurai doesn't like alienating players (TOON LINK, GANONDORF, FALCO), he probably wouldn't change Diddy like that. At least, there's not a precedent for it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@nLiM8d: You mean Dixie?

I suppose there's no real good reason why Dixie couldn't fight alone, but I kind of feel like her chance was with Diddy, and obviously that didn't happen. AGAIN, NO GOOD REASON TO FEEL THAT WAY, but whatever. Probably biased, lol.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@nLiM8d: You mean Dixie?

I suppose there's no real good reason why Dixie couldn't fight alone, but I kind of feel like her chance was with Diddy, and obviously that didn't happen. AGAIN, NO GOOD REASON TO FEEL THAT WAY, but whatever. Probably biased, lol.
I second this. I think her fighting on her own would look a lot like how Faclo and Fox ended up. I know that if smash as taught us anything it's that if characters look similar, they will play similar. So, if you don't like the "Space Animals", you'll probably end up hating these two monkeys as well.

4 player DKC is more likely then you think.
Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, Tiny(Not a big Kiddie/Lanky/most other kongs fan)? Can I say win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom