• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Speaking of past stages, I was thinking...

64: Princess Peach's Castle
64: Mushroom Kingdom
Melee: Kongo Jungle
Melee: Temple
Melee: Brinstar
Melee: Yoshi's Story
Melee: Fountain of Dreams
Melee: Venom
Melee: Mute City
Melee: Flat Zone
Brawl: Delfino Plaza
Brawl: Bridge of Eldin
Brawl: Norfair
Brawl: Battleship Halberd
Brawl: Lylat Cruise
Brawl: Port Town Aero Dive
Brawl: Flat Zone 2
Brawl: Skyworld
Brawl: Green Hill Zone
The ones in bold I approve of, other stage i'd like to see as well:

64: Meta-Stage
64: Saffron City
Melee: Fourside
Melee: Final Destination
Brawl: Castle Siege
Brawl: Shadow Moses Island
Brawl: Yoshi's Island

:phone:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
64: Princess Peach's Castle
64: Saffron City
64: Metal Mario Stage
Melee: Fourside
Melee: Fountain of Dreams
Melee: Great Bay
Brawl: Yoshi's Island
Brawl: Lylat Cruise
Brawl: Smashville

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
To save time and useless arguments to read when I get back.

I'll just repeat myself. Bring back all stages, keep them in their original graphics, if they are pressed for time release the stages in a DLC pack.

OmegaXXII

I doubt they'll include Melee stages since they didn't include 64 stages for Brawl. Although I'd think 2 or 3 of them would be pretty fine.
Actually, that wouldn't be impossible see Sakurai and team could offer past stages through DLC content, then we'd be getting almost every stage from past games as well, I don't see why they shouldn't release it as a DLC pack.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If I had to choose 3 from each game:

-Hyrule Castle
-Saffron City
-Mushroom Kingdom (warp pipes)

Melee:
-Kongo Jungle (the daytime one)
-Hyrule Temple
-Pokemon Stadium

Brawl:
-Skyworld
-Shadow Moses
-Norfair

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@m&sguy
Add hyrule castle to 64

Megaman is easily the most overrated and victini is pretty underrated. Toon link is the most underrated vet

@omega
Why not release it as part if the game instead of separate dlc

Feels

Smash Cadet
To save time and useless arguments to read when I get back.

I'll just repeat myself. Bring back all stages, keep them in their original graphics, if they are pressed for time release the stages in a DLC pack.
I doubt they'll even consider that, they'll probably just include five or so stages from the last game just like they always do.
DLC pack would be a good idea, but it wouldn't happen. (Has Nintendo ever had a DLC pack for a game yet?)

OmegaXXII

It's not like they have a "rescale" button. What is this, MS Paint. Resizing. Preposterous.
How so? But I guess you have a point, Fox's head did seem bigger, IMO the Melee character models looked better for some of the characters such as Donkey Kong, Fox, Ganondorf and a few others.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'd want them to update the graphics for past stages, actually. :V

HD Kraid on Brinstar Depths. Yehs.

I think they could do four from 64, eight from Melee, and eight from Brawl.

@Omega: I'm just poking fun at people who say Ridley is too big, lol. As though they'd spend 8,000 polygons on just his foot or something. My Sarcasm is the Strongest in the whole world.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I doubt they'll even consider that, they'll probably just include five or so stages from the last game just like they always do.
DLC pack would be a good idea, but it wouldn't happen. (Has Nintendo ever had a DLC pack for a game yet?)
Well... they didn't have the technology for that yet, so we can't really o there.

I support all past stages for DLC. I bet Melee would be a bit more expensive than n64 stages.

... DLC Melee characters too?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Ooooo! We're doing past stages?! Heck yes! Here is THE list.

64-Kongo Jungle
64-Saffron City
64-Hyrule Castle
64-Sector Z
Melee-Fourside
Melee-Fountain of Dreams
Melee-Princess Peach's Castle
Melee-Brinstar Depths
Melee-Great Bay
Melee-Venom
Brawl-Smashville
Brawl-Port Town Aero Dive
Brawl-Distant Planet
Brawl-Luigi's Mansion
Brawl-Pokemon Stadium 2
Brawl-Yoshi's Island
Brawl-Delfino Plaza
Brawl-Pirate Ship
Brawl-Castle Seige
Brawl-Halberd

OmegaXXII

Don't doubt it at all, the only reason why it hasn't been done was because of Wii's poor online infrastructure, it wouldn't have been able to handle it anyway, I believe the Wii-U on the other hand will handle online content much smoothly and possibly have online features that would keep it on par with the PSN/XBoxLive or maybe even surpass it seeing that's it's an all new, powerful console of the next generation.

@d: Well I only mentioned DLC only if Sora and team are pressed for time and are trying to release the game, but IMO they should take their time as this game needs to be close to perfection as possible, especially when it comes to online content, character balancing, mechanics etc..

Feels

Smash Cadet
Well... they didn't have the technology for that yet, so we can't really o there.

I support all past stages for DLC. I bet Melee would be a bit more expensive than n64 stages.

... DLC Melee characters too?
Yes, they didn't, but I don't see the reason why some people are expecting DLC to be a staple on the WiiU or Smash. They would probably just put whatever they want in the game itself and then move on to another project. (Also, I don't think the 3DS gets DLC, so why include it for the Wii version?)

OmegaXXII

I'd want them to update the graphics for past stages, actually. :V

HD Kraid on Brinstar Depths. Yehs.

I think they could do four from 64, eight from Melee, and eight from Brawl.

@Omega: I'm just poking fun at people who say Ridley is too big, lol. As though they'd spend 8,000 polygons on just his foot or something. My Sarcasm is the Strongest in the whole world.
HD graphics FTW!!

Ridley being that big as a playable character?? Pleeeeeease! Why not Black Knight instead!

Oh yesssssss :awesome:

I think the Wii did DLC, but the service had to be done by the developer. Something like that. (actually nevermind, if it was done by the developer, then the Wii itself didn't have it I guess, lol)

You'd get new items each month on Animal Crossing, after all. :/
I guess it was mostly intended for Guitar Hero and Rock Band, I never even knew the Wii even had such a feature! 0_o

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess it's more that the capability was there, but as a service it was not supported?

SOMETHING LIKE THAT...

I still don't think we'll be getting DLC for Sm4sh, lol.

OmegaXXII

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
I miss going into the pipe of Mario to escape the hammer! This could only do in the Mushroom Kingdom 64!
Oh, my...
When I looked at your location I thought it was me posting.
Do you know 1upsmash forums?

About the past stages, what would be nice to have:
64- Saffron City
64- Hyrule Castle
Melee- Fourside
Melee- Kongo Jungle
Melee- Fountain of Dreams
Melee- Poké Floats
Melee- Venom
Brawl- Castle Siege
Brawl- Frigate Orpheon
Brawl- PTAD
Brawl- Yoshi's Island
Brawl- Green Hill Zone (assuming Sonic is back)
Brawl- Mushroomy Kingdom
Brawl- Smashville

I tried to get a stage from each franchise. Retro is not included.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hmm, what I want as a past stage?

64 - Saffron City or Melee: Fourside (little better than Saffron)

Melee: Peach's Castle
Melee: Subcon/MK2
Melee: Fountain Of Dreams
Melee: Termina

Brawl- Pictochat
Brawl- Mario Circuit
Brawl- Pirate Ship
Brawl- Mushroomy Kingdom
Brawl- Smashville
Brawl- Flat Zone 2
Brawl: Delfino Plaza
Brawl: Halberd
Brawl: Norfair
Brawl: Summit

There ya have it. BTW, two new signatures!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Updated graphics? No, no, I'd rather have the nostalgia that comes from high-res characters interacting with a low-res stage, especially if 64 stages return.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Updated graphics? No, no, I'd rather have the nostalgia that comes from high-res characters interacting with a low-res stage, especially if 64 stages return.
I think that only applies to 64 stages. In Brawl, the Melee stages hardly looked out of place, so they may as well should have updated them. If the Brawl stages were brought back, I think they could only benefit from a graphical update.

I'm CONFLICTED when it comes to the 64 stages. Since I want the others to be updated though, I guess I would lean toward having 64 stages updated as well.

Maybe you could switch between original and HD but NAH that'd be too much work. :V

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
From the sound of the Temple update on the DOJO, it seems they had to recreate the Melee stages. So it would probably still take time making them either way, whether or not they have updated visuals. I guess it's a question of whether you want 60 new ones or 40 new ones and 20 old ones, lol.

OmegaXXII

I think that only applies to 64 stages. In Brawl, the Melee stages hardly looked out of place, so they may as well should have updated them. If the Brawl stages were brought back, I think they could only benefit from a graphical update.

I'm CONFLICTED when it comes to the 64 stages. Since I want the others to be updated though, I guess I would lean toward having 64 stages updated as well.

Maybe you could switch between original and HD but NAH that'd be too much work. :V
Wouldn't that be ackward though? I mean to completly updated character models appear on classic 64 stages untouched?

For me it would, the stage i'd like to really see the most is the Meta-Stage, it would be one of the greatest neutral stages in HD yet, aw man that would be so awesome.

Aside from stages; I'd also like to see classic music themes such as these:

Metal Mario Battle (64)

Master Hand Theme (64)

Giga Bowser Theme

SSBMelee theme (Menu 2)

Metal Battle Theme (Melee)

Pokemon Battle Themes (Gold/Silver)

Against the Black Knight (Brawl)

Space Armada Theme (Brawl)

Sector 1 Theme (Brawl)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis

Whats wrong with Retrograding the stages? Worked for Project M (among other details). Its like having HD where you need it, however the nostalgic effect is intact.

EDIT- I didn't catch that recent post, my bad
UHM, I'm not familiar with Project M. I don't mean to sound like I'm AGAINST non-updated visuals for past stages, I'd honestly be happy either way. I SUPPOSE YOU COULD SAY I've enjoyed the past stages as they are, but now I'm curious just what updating the visuals could do. HD KRAAAID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom