• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
I need some stage ideas for my roster.
Anybody have any ideas for a stage ROB, Caeda, Saki or Snake could inhabit?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Caeda eh? Hmm.. I'd be interested to see that. :D

as for Snake well since Shadow Moses has already been done I'd say the Underground Basemant would be good or the boat stage from MGS2.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I need some stage ideas for my roster.
Anybody have any ideas for a stage ROB, Caeda, Saki or Snake could inhabit?
Hector's Lab for R.O.B.
Dunno about Caeda
I'll have to trust Starphoenix that this is the best Sin & Punishment choice. :p
And Snake... If not Shadow Moses again, then either Big Shell, a Soviet jungle or Gronzyj Grad, OR Outer Haven.

Eh, this reminds me. We've all wanted Bowser's Castle since Bowser became a character, but what could Ganondorf's stage be? Death Mountain? Ganondorf's Tower? HELP ME OUT HERE, I haven't played many Zelda games (for shame, I know >: ).

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I love how I'm gone for more than half a day, and we get over 100 posts in this thread. :)

@topic: yes, well I believe Ridley definetly stands a chance and the fact that he's been requested since Brawl just made him more demanded than ever, he is definetly the most deserving Nintendo character so far, even if Sakurai tries to sidestep his inclusion if fand demand is big enough he will have no choice but to include him in the roster.
I've listed all the reasons Ridley should be in SSB4 before. If we, for whatever reason, only got one character for SSB4, then that characters should absolutely be Ridley - he is the most deserving Nintendo character we have.

Who character's chances do you think are the most underrated and most overrated?

I'm not sure on overrated, but I think Victini's, Slime's, and Toad's chances are the most highly underrated. They aren't shoe-ins by any means, as yes, they have obstacles to worry abut, but I really do think people don't recognize that they stand much more of a chance then most people think and they have stuff going for them. The ignorance is pretty much the biggest with those three, especially Victini.
List of Overrated/Underrated Characters With Chances in SSB4

Overrated:
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Takamaru
  • Samurai Goroh
  • A new Kid Icarus rep or two
  • Ray (though I do agree he's deserving enough *puts up flame shield just in case*)
  • Krystal
  • Travis Touchdown
Underrated:
  • Paper Mario
  • Toad
  • Black Shadow
  • Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Bubbles, or any new retro characters, including those scrapped in Melee
  • Victini
  • Professor Layton
  • A new WTF character

I really wouldn't mind seeing Fourside again, the music was phenomenal and the site of the city was spectacular, if only they redid it for Smash 4.
Regarding past stages for Super Smash Bros. 4...
Super Smash Bros.
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Saffron City
  • Hyrule Castle

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Basically all the stages that returned to Super Smash Bros. Brawl with some exceptions:
  • Replace Rainbow Cruise with Princess Peach's Castle
  • Replace Pokemon Stadium with Poke Floats
  • Add in Fourside and Kongo Jungle

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Halberd
  • Summit
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Skyworld
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Port Town Aero Drive
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pictochat
  • Mario Circuit
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Flat Zone 2
  • Pirate Ship

With this list, the "Big Three" franchises get the most returning stages, with Mario getting four past stages and Pokemon and Zelda getting three each. The rest of the consistent SSB franchises - Kirby, Metroid, F-Zero, Mother, Yoshi, Star Fox, Donkey Kong - get two past stages each. Fire Emblem, Game & Watch, Kid Icarus, and Ice Climber all keep their Brawl stages. Pictochat returns as well.

OmegaXXII

List of Overrated/Underrated Characters With Chances in SSB4

Overrated:
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Takamaru
  • Samurai Goroh
  • A new Kid Icarus rep or two
    [*]Ray (though I do agree he's deserving enough *puts up flame shield just in case*)
  • Krystal
  • Travis Touchdown
Underrated:
  • Paper Mario
  • Toad
  • Black Shadow
  • Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Bubbles, or any new retro characters, including those scrapped in Melee
  • Victini
  • Professor Layton
  • A new WTF character
I won't flame on you this time ;)

..but why do you believe Ray MK is overrated? I know for a fact that he's deserving us looks cool; but I don't get as to why you said so..:confused:

As for Krystal, I agree with you on that, even though she would be unique she isn't popular enough or deserving for that matter.

Travis Touchdown is also overrated IMO, if any 3rd party should get in it should be either Megaman/Ryu or Slime.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hector's Lab for R.O.B.
Dunno about Caeda
I'll have to trust Starphoenix that this is the best Sin & Punishment choice. :p
And Snake... If not Shadow Moses again, then either Big Shell, a Soviet jungle or Gronzyj Grad, OR Outer Haven.

Eh, this reminds me. We've all wanted Bowser's Castle since Bowser became a character, but what could Ganondorf's stage be? Death Mountain? Ganondorf's Tower? HELP ME OUT HERE, I haven't played many Zelda games (for shame, I know >: ).
I want to see a tribute to link to the past. So yeah, death mountain is a good choice. I'd also like the castle in the beginning of the game to be done. If star isn't listening to this then i'm actually gonna come up with this one by myself, purely for the nostalgia and the music i have in mind....

OmegaXXII

I love Bowser's Castle, it should definetly look like this:

But Starphoenix's version also seems interesting:
So after a wild update yesterday I've decided to swap unexpected for something a little more requested. On top of that it will be a little more subdued than some of my past entries. Not meaning I'm sacrificing quality by any means. But as far as stage mechanics are concerned this one is the least "gimmicky" of them all. Everyone has wanted this stage, much clamoring and whining have ensued. Yet we have never seen it? Until now!

Behold! The frightening, dark tower of the Koopa King himself! Bowser's Castle is as menacing and as conceited as the big turtle/ox thing himself. Over time I have seen many ideas for this stage that usually involve you fighting inside the castle. I'm going a different route. You will be fighting outside atop the castle. This will be more of a "traditional" stage in that it isn't a walk off. You can fall to your deat-err KO... The stage itself will be similar to Super Mario World's Bowser fight, in that you fight on the roof of the castle, except not 16bit and under detailed...

It will be large, after all Bowser is a big king and he needs all the space for his minions. There will be three platforms above the roof of the caste. The sky is dark red, lightning flashing in the background, airships floating in the sky, Koopa Troopa's patrolling the air, Bullet Bill Cannon's line the hills, and Goomba's march in the hills along the backdrop. Menacing stuff indeed. If you look really closely at one of the stars you can see one of Bowser's dark galaxies being formed, cameo paying tribute to Super Mario Galaxy. The lava moat surrounding the bottom of the castle boils while the Podoboos hop about with the occasional eyeing from a Blargh beneath the pool. Off on one of the rooks the Koopa Clown Car is chained down, obviously because Bowser doesn't want some Goomba joy riding in it and dropping a massive bowling ball into the castle. :D

While not as wild as many of the other stages, this stage would be a classic in it's own right. The many background cameos alone make this stage very unique and enjoyable.

Stage Example:
...........__
.......__....__
....__________....

Stage Name: Bowser's Castle
Stage Icon: Mushroom

Super Mario World/SMB3 - Castle/Boss Fortress (Brawl)
Super Mario Bros 3 - Pipe Land (World 7)/Dark Land (World 8)
Super Mario Bros 3. - Airship Theme (Brawl)
Super Mario World - Bowser
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Final Boss
Super Mario 64 - Bowser in the Sky
Super Mario Galaxy - Desperation
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Koopa Road
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Volcano
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Castle
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - Vs. Dark Boswer
Mario Sports Mix - Bowser Jr. Blvd
Wario Land: Shake It - Mt. Lava Lava

For anyone wondering why Galaxy 2's Bowser music was not listed please refer back to my Starship Mario concept. Overall I'm pleased with this, but I've hit a dilemma. Where do I go for my next stage idea? I am unable to accurately pick a stage for Kirby or Zelda as their latest titles have not been released yet. But one idea sticks out to me, so I will see how that develops. Until next time!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh no i didn't mean bowser's castle, star has already done that. I mean a zelda one, however more of a tribute to link to the past(there's probably room for two stages don't worry!)

Yeah so i'm tossing up between the castle at the beginning of the game(and also in the dark world corresponds to the place which is the end of the game):

I was specifically thinking the throne room in the center. Whats nice about this level is it will, in addition to the sounds inside the castle, you will also hear sounds outside:the sounds of rain and thunder in the night.

The other one i might go for is death mountain:

Maybe this one will be better:

Either Turtle rock or the bridge, both are good, although i'd still prefer the bridge in the dark world, it might be cool to have it in the light world if done correctly.

So yeah those are my two ideas. I'll decided on one of them and elaborate depending on what you want.

OmegaXXII

I'm sure we'll most likely get some kind of stage representation from Skyward Sword and such, I'm not to sure ATM what it would be or even look like, but I bet it's going to be interesting nonetheless.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah i just posted it on the previous page for you guys to see. I want your opinion on one or the other. And as i said, there's probably room for 2 stages. LoZ deserves that much at least. :)

OmegaXXII

Hmm.. A retro looking stage eh? I wish they brought back Mushroom Kingdom 64 with the warp pipes and Pow blocks and all, it would be awesome.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah i loved that stage. It just wasn't good for Ness though :/ . Also, i'm not the only one who noticed: The ship has been shortened. Corneria, how could they do this.... I loved sector X! Or was it Z..... Grrr... But the point is the whole ship was shortened in size. I loved it as a big stage!

OmegaXXII

Yea, Sector Z was easily one of the longest Smash stages ever, it was huge! It was a shame that Corneria was reduced in size, I guess it had to do with the character polygons being recreated and all.

@off-topic: Also Im finall. Going to get Chrono! I can't wait to start it. ^_^

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Off topic: Yay!

On topic: I wonder if it's possible for them to redo the size and make it big again. You wouldn't believe how shocked i was at it when i first played it(IN BRAWL). Also i loved the original Kirby's Dreamland music. They did a nice remastered version, but i still kinda prefer the old one. ^^

Ok, so which did you say you prefer? Death Mountain or the Castle? As i said what i'll do depends on what ppl want.

Oh yeah and you can't beat the old Master Hand theme.

Erm, did anyone notice how the music slowed down slightly when you started playing? I got so used to that i can still whistle the songs and slow down when it's meant to(although i do know it wasn't meant to, it was just the game trying to handle several things at once). The best example i ever had with this was Peach's Castle.

Yeah i've gotta stop doing this or i'll get carried away again and do a two hour long post like i did last time with 28 music links ^^

OmegaXXII

Don't worry about it lol..

I agree with the Master Hand Theme from 64, it definetly should be brought back, it brings back good memories, I also enjoyed how Kirby was buffed in that game, hopefully Meta-Knight gets nerfed a bit as well.

As for Bowser's stage, I'd like the inside of the castle better, it reminded me of Bowser's Super Mario Bros., it would take place in the final stage where you are confronting Bowser at
his bridge, of course for Smash a few platforms could be added as well as a stage hazard such as the bridge getting knocked down and lava appears to make things more fun and interesting,

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah i just posted it on the previous page for you guys to see. I want your opinion on one or the other. And as i said, there's probably room for 2 stages. LoZ deserves that much at least. :)
Erm, LoZ, not the big M. I'm talking Hyrule here. Star already did a Bowser stage :p

I just mean castle or death mountain for LoZ. Err, just clearing that up :)

OmegaXXII

Well I have no ideas ATM aside from Hyrule castle from 64 would be nice, another one I liked was Bridge of Eldin, nice scenery and the floor hazard was fun to deal with, as for brand new stages, I'm sorry, I've never played any Zelda games so I wouldn't know of any. :rolleyes:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Why has no one said Gerudo Valley for Ganon? Tbh, I would like either a changing Water Temple or Temple of Time as playable stages in Smash 4.

Speaking of future stages, I vote that this song plays on the Sonic stage in the next game. :awesome:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It's a mashup of Spring Yard Zone from Sonic 1 and Bobby Brown's Every Little Step, it was a joke, sorry to get your hopes up (altho still an awesome song!)

OmegaXXII

Spring Yard Zone theme was the best from Sonic 1 IMO, why wasn't that in Brawl?

Water temple for LoZ? Anybody mi d showing me what it looks like?

It's too big and complicated. It's better to play the dungeon (Or spend a day on it).

But here's the dungeon map:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
..but why do you believe Ray MK is overrated? I know for a fact that he's deserving us looks cool; but I don't get as to why you said so..:confused:
Although I do think he has an OK chance at becoming a playable character, he is lacking in some attributes that can help determine a character's chance and reason for being in SSB4:
  • Relevance - His last game hasn't released since 2007, so the series is in hiatus. Comparably, the last Advance Wars game was released in 2008, and the last Chibi-Robo and Sin & Punishment games were released in 2009, so those three franchises are more recent than Custom Robo
  • Popularity - He's not very demanded nor popular as a character. Little Mac, Isaac, and perhaps Starfy and Saki too are more likely to get in than Ray is
However, he's not completely overrated as Travis Touchdown or Krystal are. Even though his franchise is on hiatus, he's probably the fifth-in-running new franchise character outside of the four I noted above due to his growing (but still small) popularity and moveset potential.

So when I said Ray was overrated, I didn't mean like his predicted chances by other people are overblown. He's just the least likely "likely" new franchise character we'll get. My predicted chance for him is somewhere around 50%.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
City Escape would be an interesting new stage for Sonic. It would basically be a scrolling stage, like Mute City. When the match takes place on the road, be weary of the giant GUN truck that'll occasionally appear. Players will be warned about the truck coming their way, and need to head to the sides of the battlefield to avoid it. Anyone who gets hit by the truck will almost always get KO'd.

For some possible music tracks...

City Escape
Grand Metropolis
Metal City

Toad.... I don't know if he's underrated. Honestly, he's probably at the middle of over and underrated (Nearer to under). I know that Bowser Jr. is VEEERRRY overrated. I even thought the Jr. supporters think he's a shoe in for sure.

And yes Omega, the dungeon is THAT BIG.

JavaCroc, relevance isn't much of a factor.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
I lol everytime I see somebody's sig that has SSB4's supposed title in brawl's title format. :awesome:

Wtf is over-rated? :glare:

OmegaXXII

City Escape would be an interesting new stage for Sonic. It would basically be a scrolling stage, like Mute City. When the match takes place on the road, be weary of the giant GUN truck that'll occasionally appear. Players will be warned about the truck coming their way, and need to head to the sides of the battlefield to avoid it. Anyone who gets hit by the truck will almost always get KO'd.

For some possible music tracks...

City Escape
Grand Metropolis
Metal City
yea, I had an idea for Sonic as well, it would probably look like this:

Basically the stage comes from the upcoming Sonic generations game, it would be a perfect addition as the modern version of his stage for SSB4.

Good question Chris:

o·ver·rate
   [oh-ver-reyt]
–verb (used with object), -rat·ed, -rat·ing.
to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate: I think you overrate their political influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom