• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Exactly what I mean, many people underrate Toad's chances too much. He didn't even crack 35% in the Rate Their Chances thread at GameFAQs when he should have gotten around 50%. Some people also greatly over exaggerate Zoroark's chances and consider him a shoe-in when he isn't even close to one, although people are starting to wise up and realize this, which is why I don't consider his chances overrated, just that some people still think Zoroark is a sure fire thing.
Eh, so this is what you meant by underrated.

To me Underrated means characters who are completely overlooked that nobody talks about, that have played important roles in their respective games, and aren't even considered.

Well, in terms of most popular character choices, yeah, Toad could be considered an underestimated character, in moveset potential.

I'm not sure how people know that Toad isn't interesting to Sakurai. There are other possible reasons.

Wait..... SSBF, Shin.... Isn't it a bit of suicide to talk about Toad? Maybe I'm exaggerating

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
Im going to post this agian, Alright, New topic of discussion please... So I find this amusing to think about. With the Wii U having "HD" graphics and the 3DS having mild Wii like graphics then how will the two be able to interract "Character model wise". Will Wii U have a Skyward Sword link? Will 3DS have OOT Link? I dont understand how this can work out..

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I think both Toad and Bowser Jr. are overrated. Toad especially. People keep citing NSMBW as a game that has him in the spotlight...but even there he just does the same stuff as Mario.

@B: NO ONE is going to read that
:(
Exactly what I mean, many people underrate Toad's chances too much. He didn't even crack 35% in the Rate Their Chances thread at GameFAQs when he should have gotten around 50%. Some people also greatly over exaggerate Zoroark's chances and consider him a shoe-in when he isn't even close to one, although people are starting to wise up and realize this, which is why I don't consider his chances overrated, just that some people still think Zoroark is a sure fire thing.
Or more than 50% honestly.

Well that's Game FAQ for you SSBF.
I think both Toad and Bowser Jr. are overrated. Toad especially. People keep citing NSMBW as a game that has him in the spotlight...but even there he just does the same stuff as Mario.
How about Bowser Jr? People keep saying "TOAD IS MINOR". People keep saying "Bowser Jr. is awesome and is most likely next. See for yourself in the past pages. The only people who I see who support Toad over Jr. is me, Shin, Kuma? (Doesn't care about Jr I think) and Chrono. The rest are Jr supporters

Also, no one said anything about Toad taking the spotlight. He's just one of the main playable characters. That's all

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Toad is by far the most likely character of Mario. I put this way about the probabilities:

Toad-75%
Bowser Jr. - 70%
Paper Mario-65%
Daisy or Waluigi-20%
Geno-17%

The rest is irrelevant!

D

Deleted member

Today is the day that Victini's movie premiere. I would expect the amount of Victini supporters to go up. As I will be actively pushing for his inclusion, I have lots of work to do in that regard.

@Ganonsburg: You do have a point there, thought I don't see many people considering Bowser Jr. a shoe-in.
berserker01 said:
How about Bowser Jr? People keep saying "TOAD IS MINOR". People keep saying "Bowser Jr. is awesome and is most likely next. See for yourself in the past pages. The only people who I see who support Toad over Jr. is me, Shin, Kuma? (Doesn't care about Jr I think) and Chrono. The rest are Jr supporters
Well to be fair, Starphoenix isn't really for Bowser Jr.'s inclusion and my most wanted Mario rep is Paper Mario.
Sonic Poke said:
Toad-75%
Bowser Jr. - 70%
Paper Mario-65%
Daisy or Waluigi-20%
Geno-17%
I wouldn't really say that by your rating, Toad is that much more likely then Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario. As a matter of fact, it seems as you only consider Toad to be slightly more likely.

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
Today is the day that Victini's movie premiere. I would expect the amount of Victini supporters to go up. As I will be actively pushing for his inclusion, I have lots of work to do in that regard.

@Ganonsburg: You do have a point there, thought I don't see many people considering Bowser Jr. a shoe-in.
Well to be fair, Starphoenix isn't really for Bowser Jr.'s inclusion and my most wanted Mario rep is Paper Mario.
:scared: Omg bad thought! Pikachu is replaced by Victini! Why did I just think that?

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
Oh right. I forgot. Star is more on Toad's side.
Can i ask you one question? Why are you so obsessed over a stupid talking mushroom head? I can name plenty of characters that would be a better pick before Toad. Would'nt you want someone more bad @$$? Like Skull Kid, or Medusa or King.K.Rool? RIDLEY!?!?!?

D

Deleted member

@OCD_PerFectionist: Skull Kid would be a very bad pick for SSB4. No longer relevant, has very low demands, and is not that important to the Zelda series. He isn't really too interesting to me anyway.

Can i ask you one question? Why are you so obsessed over a stupid talking mushroom head? I can name plenty of characters that would be a better pick before Toad. Would'nt you want someone more bad @$$? Like Skull Kid, or Medusa or King.K.Rool? RIDLEY!?!?!?
Those aren't even Mario characters. The reason why I like Toad is.....

He's freaking awesome and I played as him ever since SMB 2 up to Mario Sports Mix and soon in Mario Kart 3DS.

Skull Kid!? Wtf. He was a one shot character. I think Toon Link will stay.

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
Same reason folks like the Koopa Bros, they are interesting and add storyline elements/significance.
Smash isnt a storyline/Rpg its a smash em up beat em up game, therefore I dont agree with a mushroom kid being in the game. Maybe as an AT but no more than that. (he is already Peach's shield enjoy that because thats probably all you will get :(

@berserker01
WHAT!T!T!T!T!T!????!?!?!? Toon Link? really? I know for a fact that douche is going to be given the boot. (Tlinks games for LOZ totally rewend the series...)
They made ganon fat and rediculously kiddie like.... ugh i dont even want to go into details.

Oh ****.

Here we go again. You don't have a valid reason. That's why I don't bother replying to why you don't like Toad

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
He's freaking awesome and I played as him ever since SMB 2 up to Mario Sports Mix and soon in Mario Kart 3DS.

I like Toad for this reason. If we had Toad, not only would we have the final indispensable, IMPORTANT character to the Mario franchise, but we could be able to play as the SMB 2 (usa) cast. And that would be pure gold, in the eyes of this SMB2 fan.

In fact, Toad is the only Mario character I would like to have added. None other is, in my humble opinion, more deserving than a character that has been with us ever since Mario stepped into the Mushroom Kingdom for the first time.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
May I ask you one question? Why are you so ignorant to the point he is making? He isn't rating Toad's chances to other characters from other franchises. He is rating Toad compared to others in the Mario franchise, due to maybe having another character from the Mario side. So before you go out of your way to make a post like this again, think about the topic and it's relevancy at hand.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I wouldn't really say that by your rating, Toad is that much more likely then Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario. As a matter of fact, it seems as you only consider Toad to be slightly more likely.
I prefer toad hundred thousand times more than bowser jr, the only reason I put in this way is the popularity of bowser jr, if I were to put my foma I put like this:

Toad-99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.2%
Waluigi-75,99999999999999999999999999999999%
Daisy-50%
Geno 49%
Bowser Jr. - 2%

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No work today. The blessing of having a family owned business. Going to a smashfest today instead.

So I'll chill until I leave, which is around 1.

n8 guy: We're talking about why we like Toad. Not how it affects the chances
@berserker01
WHAT!T!T!T!T!T!????!?!?!? Toon Link? really? I know for a fact that douche is going to be given the boot. (Tlinks games for LOZ totally rewend the series...)
They made ganon fat and rediculously kiddie like.... ugh i dont even want to go into details.
Douche? :(

I don't know. I prefer Toon Link much more than Young Link. He has a potential to have his own moveset. Lol wait. Are you gonna say he doesn't? Lol.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
A discussion about overrated characters and no one has mentioned Takamaru? For shame!

Geno is probably one of the most underrated characters. Even though his chances aren't great, they aren't nearly as pitful as everyone says. On a forum that supports Ryu, Mike Jones, Tails, Travis Touchdown, and the like, the severe and irrational hatred towards Geno is hilariously hypocritical.

Edit: Sorry berserker and sonicpoke that I don't respond to what you say, but I physically can't read dark blue font on my phone.
:phone:

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
What if the whole Japanese cast their vote for any character happens agian like it did with Brawl (which became the outcome of Sonic) Who wins that fight?

It would probably be Megaman... but if it was Nintendo only id say Geno would win that fight.

Can you read this hoots?

It's alright :)

I was just talking about Toon Link, Young Link, Toad and other stuff.

@n8guy: Okay....

OCD asked why I like Toad. That's why

Those aren't even Mario characters. The reason why I like Toad is.....

Skull Kid!? Wtf. He was a one shot character. I think Toon Link will stay.
I never said anything about me liking Toad affecting the chances

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
This some ol bullshi.

It's raining here too.

Also who is supporting Tails, I think I'm one of the biggest Sonic fans in here and I can basically tell there won't be another Sonic rep. (If there is I will argue for Shadow until the character roster is released)

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Can you read this hoots?

It's alright :)

I was just talking about Toon Link, Young Link, Toad and other stuff.

@n8guy: Okay....

OCD asked why I like Toad. That's why
Yeah I can read that. Iblis' green font is the darkest I can read. As far as toad and Bowser Jr go, I don't particularly like either, but I'd say they both have equal chances, and maybe Toad has a slight upper hand. Although Toad is a generic race and is part of Peach's moveset, Toad is one of the most iconic Mario characters, ESPECIALLY for the plebs and the hooples who only play the new casual Wii stuff. However, being so generic has made his moveset potential a little lacking, but Sakurai could easily think up something. I dunno, I just find it hard to choose between Toad, Bowser Jr and Paper Mario.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom