• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not sure of that but I'll agree that he's the most deserving nintendo character to get in SSB 4.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Idk Lord Hokage makes a convincing 10 year old kid, while Nine is just one of those Melee elitist.

Vote: That random kid who wanted Deadpool.

On that note it's time for work. My autism is about to make me some money.

We out.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
lol I saw number two and I was like "really, that high up there?", and then I saw hemightbegiant at number four, lol

obviously I vote for myself

Asides from Ridley? Hmmmmmm............. Little Mac.

Nine has to be one of the most annoying. All he does is whine about how horrible brawl is.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I honestly can't wait to see Nine post again, for the lulz wait, but am I saying?

Anyway, Little Mac eh? Yea he's definetly a good choice, as for me I'd say Paper Mario is deserving even though I'd like to say Ray but he seems a bit unlikely to be playable.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Universal roster is a horrible idea. A mid 40s slot roster can be done, but I really do doubt the team to get it done within an universal roster, plus there are other factors to consider. As you can see, I can see Sakurai sacrificing lots of characters for his "precious" single-player mode, but we'll have to see.

@xIblisx: The worst poster right now is Lord Hokage. Chris the Ripper has at least improved, Nine is annoying with his "BRAWLZ SUK" comments, but is definitely competent, and and I have no idea why you added hemightbegiant to the list. Lord Hokage is just in a new level of horrible and the fact that he is so Anti-Mega Man for no reason and supports Goku and Sausuke for SSB4 makes me facepalm.

I honestly can't wait to see Nine post again, for the lulz wait, but am I saying?

Anyway, Little Mac eh? Yea he's definetly a good choice, as for me I'd say Paper Mario is deserving even though I'd like to say Ray but he seems a bit unlikely to be playable.

I don't think a new mario rep would be one of the MOST deserving, but Toad seems to the most deserving Mario rep.
Universal roster is a horrible idea. A mid 40s slot roster can be done, but I really do doubt the team to get it done within an universal roster, plus there are other factors to consider. As you can see, I can see Sakurai sacrificing lots of characters for his "precious" single-player mode, but we'll have to see.
I don't care about having a universal roster, as long as either of the 2 consoles has a good amount of characters.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Agreed, even if Sakurai applies compression methods to the 3DS version of the game, the single-player experience that he may want on there will probably take up a huge chuck of space that the 3DS can hold, not to mention if he plans on adding any cinematics and such.

@xIblisx: The worst poster right now is Lord Hokage. Chris the Ripper has at least improved, Nine is annoying with his "BRAWLZ SUK" comments, but is definitely competent, and and I have no idea why you added hemightbegiant to the list. Lord Hokage is just in a new level of horrible and the fact that he is so Anti-Mega Man for no reason and supports Goku and Sausuke for SSB4 makes me facepalm.
hemightbegiant was just a joke suggestion, he wasn't being serious about it, but yea Lord Hokage needs to dramatically improve before anybody takes him seriously.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Just in, contest for worst poster.

1) Lord Hokage
2) Chris
3) Nine
4)hemightbegaint

Cast votes. GOGOGOGO :awesome:
Nine is by far the worst. I missed all of LordHokage pretty much(although I doubt id read a post by a guy with a Naruto avatar), and Chris is just annoying but he knows exactly what he's doing. Nine legitimately thought that we were all melee ****. Now that's deluded!

Also, did I start a trend with the Autistic thing??? Score!

D

Deleted member

Who character's chances do you think are the most underrated and most overrated?

I'm not sure on overrated, but I think Victini's, Slime's, and Toad's chances are the most highly underrated. They aren't shoe-ins by any means, as yes, they have obstacles to worry abut, but I really do think people don't recognize that they stand much more of a chance then most people think and they have stuff going for them. The ignorance is pretty much the biggest with those three, especially Victini.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Agreed, even if Sakurai applies compression methods to the 3DS version of the game, the single-player experience that he may want on there will probably take up a huge chuck of space that the 3DS can hold, not to mention if he plans on adding any cinematics and such.:phone:
Cinematic effects I think will not happen, just at the opening, I dunno, but I do not think it will happen.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Just in, contest for worst poster.

1) Lord Hokage
2) Chris
3) Nine
4)hemightbegaint

Cast votes. GOGOGOGO :awesome:
Ok, no comment on that...

Hmm, i actually don't have much to say. I wonder how much i'll laugh at myself when the final roster comes out about who i think might get in or not...

Aww, ya left out chocobo SSBF.... Now i'm sad...

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Who character's chances do you think are the most underrated and most overrated?

I'm not sure on overrated, but I think Victini's, Slime's, and Toad's chances are the most highly underrated. They aren't shoe-ins by any means, as yes, they have obstacles to worry abut, but I really do think people don't recognize that they stand much more of a chance then most people think and they have stuff going for them. The ignorance is pretty much the biggest with those three, especially Victini.
I think Toad is more likely, smile is strange, he has no legs and no 'Vine Whip' LOL, and Victini more resembles a bonus character in pokeball, like Mew, Celebi and Jirachi.

Toad isn't underrated. It's just that people overshadow him with Bowser Jr.

Nine is the most annoying

Lord is the most illogical

Chris is starting to get better

Hemightbegiant lol

Overrated? I think it's Bowser Jr. A lot of people think he's the next SHOE-IN mario rep which is extremely false. Asides from him, I don't know.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I'm not sure on overrated, but I think Victini's, Slime's, and Toad's chances are the most highly underrated.
Are you kidding me? Tell me this is sarcasm because Toad is the most overrated Mario character alongside Bowser Jr. for the next Mario spot.

I can make you a list of at least 20 really underrated heroes.

As for overrated, well.. I'd say Ridley and Little Mac. I would like to see them in, and it's cool that they have tons of support.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If you're putting in 20 underrated heroes, can you put in chocobo(well he is KIND of a hero; he transports the main one to his next destination), chrono, the boy from secret of evermore, and the boy from terranigma?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You serious?

People here think Toad is likely but they prefer Jr.
Well here, i've seen quite the support for Toad, not much as in other places, but enough to consider it a worthy rival of Bowser Jr.

So underrated, by no means. If anything Daisy is, for example, an underrated Mario character (as far as playable in SSB goes) this time around. Her supporters are next to none. Fawful is also an underrated Mario character. Toad is extremely popular, and I bet Japan wants him in more than the west does.

True. Japan likes Toad (He's one of the top 10 most favorite video game character #6).

There are Toad supporters in Smashboards. There is a good amount of them.

D

Deleted member

@shinhed-echi: I am talking about in terms of how likely they are, not how popular they are. That's why I mentioned Victini, Slime, and Toad as the most underrated in terms of likelihood.

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
Alright, New topic of discussion please... So I find this amusing to think about. With the Wii U having "HD" graphics and the 3DS having mild Wii like graphics then how will the two be able to interract "Character model wise". Will Wii U have a Skyward Sword link? Will 3DS have OOT Link? I dont understand how this can work out.. :urg:

Actually, Toad isn't even underrated in terms of chances or how likely he is. The reason why he got like 51% instead of 75% or 80% is because of those guys who gave him 35%, 5% and lol 2%. There are some people who neglect his chances too much.

D

Deleted member

Actually, Toad isn't even underrated in terms of chances or how likely he is. The reason why he got like 51% instead of 75% or 80% is because of those guys who gave him 35%, 5% and lol 2%. There are some people who neglect his chances too much.
Exactly what I mean, many people underrate Toad's chances too much. He didn't even crack 35% in the Rate Their Chances thread at GameFAQs when he should have gotten around 50%. Some people also greatly over exaggerate Zoroark's chances and consider him a shoe-in when he isn't even close to one, although people are starting to wise up and realize this, which is why I don't consider his chances overrated, just that some people still think Zoroark is a sure fire thing.

OCD_PerFectionist

Smash Rookie
There is no way that "Toad" will make it in before any other Mario character, He isnt a fighter....:glare: Thats why he will always be Peach's meat shield.
If u can come up with a moveset for him that can convince me ill change my mind, otherwise hell no to Toad.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
@shinhed-echi: I am talking about in terms of how likely they are, not how popular they are.
And he's REALLY likely. The only thing, IMO, that would kinda keep him out of the game, would be Peach's B move. But since Toad is a race, more than a character, I bet Sakurai won't mind this.

Popularity is the easiest ticket inside SSB, if you ask me.
Playability and moveset potential seems to come second.

Having appeared as playable in NSMBW and that new Wii U game Catch Me, I'd say Toad's got a lot of attention, and moves that can be taken off both games.
(Revolving around carrying and throwing).

This is just my guess.

There is no way that "Toad" will make it in before any other Mario character, He isnt a fighter....:glare: Thats why he will always be Peach's meat shield.
If u can come up with a moveset for him that can convince me ill change my mind, otherwise hell no to Toad.
Once again, the usual horrible excuse :awesome:

The moveset is linked in my sig. Click Toad

D

Deleted member

Read berserker01's statement for move set potentials for Toad. Also, while it may show that Sakurai may not be interested in Toad, fan demands in Japan could be enough to change that. They have changed move set before, they can do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom