• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
wait what? so capcom is making this hypothetical thing? i thought it was sakurai making a smash vs game... i mean... it's smash vs... not capcom vs...

cause if it is in the vein of MvC... then i change my mind on P. Trainer.
was under the impression it was Capcom characters in a platform fighter... T__T

Deucalion

Smash Cadet
wait what? so capcom is making this hypothetical thing? i thought it was sakurai making a smash vs game
Working together, influences of both. Like Other M was EAD and Team Ninja, only this one will be a good game.

EDIT: Bother, realised I left out King Dedede and will have to get rid of someone.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
so this isn't a platform fighter like smash? or is it that but you can switch out your characters?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is that what I'm known for nowadays?

I really hope SSB4 keeps tripping. :awesome:
Happy now?

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Not like a Nintendo vs. Capcom game is very likely, but my 30 choices for Nintendo characters are all numbered 1 through 30 on that big list of my priorities for Smash 4 characters.

As for Capcom characters, I'd have to rely mostly on my knowledge of a few Capcom franchises. I'd only be able to come up with these 9 characters:
MegaMan
Dr. Wily
Rush
Leon Kennedy
Jill Valentine
Chun-Li
Ken
Ryu
M Bison

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ryu, Megaman, Jill Valentine. The first two are definitely more recognizable face-wise, but Jill's franchise DEFINITELY outsells theirs.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Not like a Nintendo vs. Capcom game is very likely, but my 30 choices for Nintendo characters are all numbered 1 through 30 on that big list of my priorities for Smash 4 characters.

As for Capcom characters, I'd have to rely mostly on my knowledge of a few Capcom franchises. I'd only be able to come up with these 9 characters:
MegaMan
Dr. Wily
Rush
Leon Kennedy
Jill Valentine
Chun-Li
Ken
Ryu
M Bison
What? No Arthur from Ghost n' Goblins? He was in Marvel VS. Capcom 3 and he showed how amazing he can be. Wouldnt mind seeing him in Smash either. But Mega Man and Viewtiful Joe are a lil more deserving.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I might be a little late with this, but here's my hypothetical Nintendo vs. Capcom roster.

[COLLAPSE="Nintendo"]1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. Link
7. Zelda
8. Ganondorf
9. Red (with Pikachu & Charizard/Blastoise/Venusaur)*
10. Mewtwo
11. Samus
12. Ridley
13. Donkey Kong
14. Diddy Kong
15. Kirby
16. Meta-Knight
17. Dedede
18. Fox
19. Krystal
20. Captain Falcon
21. Takamaru
22. Marth
23. Roy
24. Saki
25. Isaac
26. Lip
27. Pit
28. Ness
29. Olimar
30. Wario

*I don't mean you would pick between those three, I envision it as some attacks "summon" different Pokemon from the pokeballs and they return after the attack is finished, except for Pikachu, who would always be out (Red would actually be in the fray, instead of in the background, and he would take damage). Also, it really could be any iterations of the Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur evolutionary line.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Capcom"]1. Ryu
2. Chun-Li
3. M. Bison
4. Akuma
5. Juri
6. Alex
7. Megaman
8. Zero
9. Dante
10. Morrigan
11. Talbain
12. Felicia
13. Jill
14. Leon
15. Wesker
16. Chris
17. Arthur
18. Phoenix Wright
19. Date Masamune
20. Viewtiful Joe
21. Captain Commando
22. Strider Hiryu
23. Frank West
24. Ryu (Breath of Fire)
25. Amaterasu
26. Felyne (Monster Hunter)*
27. Hagger
28. Akira (Rival Schools)
29. Batsu
30. Edward Falcon

It really could be any MH rep, but Felynes are awesome. :awesome:[/COLLAPSE]

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Viewtiful Joe is on that list, huh

Hell yeah

**** Chris, though, swap him out for Nemesis or Barry or even his little sister

Okay, not really, but I just don't like him lol

Oh, and Deucalion, BTW, I haven't forgotten you, I'll get back to you later on today hopefully

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
*looks for journal*
When the rumor first started I drew a picture of it. It wassss:

Mario vs. Ryu
Peach vs. Chun Li
Link vs. Leo
Kirby vs. Megaman
Pikachu vs. Chibi Amateresu
Samus vs. Jill Valentine
Fox vs. Dante
Kirby vs. Pit
Marth vs. Strider

***BOSSES***
Boswer vs. Haunzer
Ganondorf vs. Akuma

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hoots is being a disgruntled father.

No one ask him to play with you, because he's too tired and just got home from work.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wish it made sense for N to have Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer / Meowth / X
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer N

Would be almost as cool as my Champion Cynthia idea ;-;

Also, if Sakurai revealed this to be Smash vs. Capcom, I would cry. Out of sadness.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
*looks for journal*
When the rumor first started I drew a picture of it. It wassss:

Mario vs. Ryu
Peach vs. Chun Li
Link vs. Leo
Kirby vs. Megaman
Pikachu vs. Chibi Amateresu
Samus vs. Jill Valentine
Fox vs. Dante
Kirby vs. Pit
Marth vs. Strider

***BOSSES***
Boswer vs. Haunzer
Ganondorf vs. Akuma
When was there a rumor for a Capcom VS. Nintendo? This is my first month back on these boards so I was just wondering?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
When was there a rumor for a Capcom VS. Nintendo? This is my first month back on these boards so I was just wondering?
Last summer I think. Plus, I've heard that if CvT couldn't come to the west, they were gonna make CvN or CvSE

Oh yeah, Star, I wanted your opinion on this roster. How would you feel if this was Smash4's roster?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Because a lot of people actually LIKE the idea of Porky being playable.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Last summer I think. Plus, I've heard that if CvT couldn't come to the west, they were gonna make CvN or CvSE

Oh yeah, Star, I wanted your opinion on this roster. How would you feel if this was Smash4's roster?

It's alright, but not sure what is up with the design?

Deucalion

Smash Cadet
I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but I'd say Toad is a waste of a character. Given that in NSMB and NSMB U., he's simply a Mario reskin, I think you could make Toad an alternate skin for Mario, and free up a character. In addition to this, in recent years Bowser Jr. has become one of the most important people to the Mario series. He was in Galaxy, Galaxy 2, NSMB, NSMB Wii, NSMB2, NSMBU, all the sports games - and he occupies a more important position than toad.

Ghirahim seems... unlikely. It would be like having a place for Zant in Brawl. Ghirahim is a bit here one day, gone the next. We may even have had the next Zelda released before SSB4, even if it is unlikely, so I just can't see Ghirahim happening, even if he is the best Zelda character in a long time. That said, I personally want Ghirahim, he's on my "ideal" list, if not my "expected" list, I'm just saying this based on what I expect. Much the same applies to Shulk. I really don't think he's likely - but he is awesome, so -shrugs-. Roy is just blatant fan service. If we are going to have an FE Lord for blatant fan service, it will be Sigurd, damnit! Or for a non-Lord, Alvis. Sexy, sexy Alvis... *er-hem*. Same thing applies to Ike as applies to Roy.

Waddle Dee seems totally unnecessary filler. It'd be like having Goomba as a playable character, nobody wants that. Mach Rider is a kinda boring choice if you're going for retro characters. I mean, you could have had Sukapon there, you could have had Prince Sable (<3) there, you could have had Lip there, you could have had Balloon Fighter there. Mach Rider is just really... unimpressive.

Krystal is a terrible character and Star Fox is not an important enough series to merit 4 whole characters. In a similar way, Mother/Earthbound seems waaaay over-represented. 3 characters for a series that only made it out of Japan once? That said, I love all of those characters, so I'm not complaining in the way I am Krystal, I just find it unlikely. I'd love to be able to main Porky.

That's mah feedback.

Deucalion

Smash Cadet
I don't really want Bowser Jr., personally, he's an awful character, I just think he's the most likely Mario representative by a looong way. My personal hope for Mario is either Paper Mario, or, somehow, if the universe implodes, Fawful, because his taunts would kill grown men.

AIM0001

Smash Lord

Wow that would be another amazing Wii U exclusive!

I seen your roster and I really like the fact you but K Rool and Kystal. But about your Diddy and Dixie Kong being a team? Would it be like Zelda/Sheik? Where they both have their own movesets or were you thinking more Like Ice Climbers?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but I'd say Toad is a waste of a character. Given that in NSMB and NSMB U., he's simply a Mario reskin, I think you could make Toad an alternate skin for Mario, and free up a character. In addition to this, in recent years Bowser Jr. has become one of the most important people to the Mario series. He was in Galaxy, Galaxy 2, NSMB, NSMB Wii, NSMB2, NSMBU, all the sports games - and he occupies a more important position than toad.
You could say the same for Luigi, but of course, that's silly. Your last two sentences are full of bias and tip your hand.

Waddle Dee seems totally unnecessary filler. It'd be like having Goomba as a playable character, nobody wants that.
Except a Goomba has never been a playable character in a Mario platformer.

Mach Rider is a kinda boring choice if you're going for retro characters. I mean, you could have had Sukapon there, you could have had Prince Sable (<3) there, you could have had Lip there, you could have had Balloon Fighter there. Mach Rider is just really... unimpressive.
It's funny you list characters that have either already been rejected by Sakurai, or have little to no chance at all. If you need some inspiration for Mach Rider, watch this.

Although Takamaru is probably next up for the abandoned NES franchise team anyways, so this argument is really moot.

Krystal is a terrible character and Star Fox is not an important enough series to merit 4 whole characters. In a similar way, Mother/Earthbound seems waaaay over-represented. 3 characters for a series that only made it out of Japan once? That said, I love all of those characters, so I'm not complaining in the way I am Krystal, I just find it unlikely. I'd love to be able to main Porky.
Representation does not work the way you think it does.

Back to the topic a couple pages back. Why is everyone calling Smash Vs. Capcom that? Should be Nintendo Vs. Capcom; Smash Vs. Capcom is just a stupid title.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I knew you'd Swoop down with your "conventional wisdom is bull****" thing.

Like a Superhero.

Saving the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom