• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I didn't know you wanted Krystal

Or do you?
I don't really care about her much, but I think she'd play uniquely and would be a cool character. Plus, I think the Starfox franchise deserves a character that doesn't have a moveset that's a cheap knockoff of Fox's.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And I just hate seeing newbies with HOPE in their eyes. Heart breaking.

I just want to sit them down and explain everything to them.
No one wants to do that Oasis. Because they don't listen.

Krystal genuinely makes me sad. She marks the death of Star Fox as a good series.
See what I mean?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
@AIM... you're giving Bowser's final boss music to his son? lol

@Oasis_S... weren't you one of the supporters of sukapon back in the halcyon days?
i mean, didn't you have a ridley and sukapon in a swimming pool with doughnut flotation devices as your sig?
Haha I was waiting for someone to say that....I know technically it was for Boswer/Baby Bowser in Yoshi's Island but it would still work for Bowser Jr. or alteast just be a playable song in a Bowser castle level of some sort. I love this song and would like to see it in the games soundtrack.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Probably late and off-topic, but here's mine:

[COLLAPSE="Nintendo"]1. Mario
2. Bowser
3. Wario
4. Link
5. Ganondorf
6. DK
7. Samus
8. Ridley
9. Pit
10. Palutena
11. Meta Knight
12. Fox
13. Captain Falcon
14. Lucario
15. Mewtwo
16. Ike
17. Ness
18. Saki
19. Little Mac
20. Takamaru
21. Mr. Game & Watch[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Capcom"]1. Ryu
2. Chun-Li
3. M. Bison
4. Mega Man
5. Roll
6. Zero (MMZ)
7. Sigma
8. Morrigan
9. Demitri
10. Leon S.
11. V. Joe
12. Amterasu
13. Phoenix Wright
14. Guy
15. Arthur
16. Dante
17. Frank West
18. Rad Spencer
19. Monster Hunter Character
20. Ingrid
21. Gene[/COLLAPSE]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'd like if Krystal came packaged with a Dinosaur Planet stage. Her addition could add a lot, I think.

But I wouldn't expect it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Stole this bit from my blog, pretty much summerizes my thoughts on Krystal:

Who else is there that would work as a character (“waits for a bored troll to say Slippy”). Anyway she has both a fanbase and a hatebase that are always at end with each other, each side being irrational about the character (would be unique and furries). I really doubt Sakurai cares though, seeing the amount of characters the series has received (are all furries) and the fact that they’re all variations of Fox (not terribly unique). Unfortunately, Krystal herself pretty much has everything to do with the Star Fox series after 64, which is the only game that people, the Japanese included, seem care about, hence the remake. Her last hope at standing out among the characters from other series would probably be the rumored Wii U game, but even then it would depend on how the game is handled and if she’s actually in it.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
no, not unique character... unique playstyle/moveset compared to other characters in smash bros, yes.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Also before anyone mentions it, no a stupid stick won't make Krystal a unique character.
Although I'm not sure how you can so easily dismiss a staff-based moveset, fine. What about magic and dinosaurs? Seems unique to me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hoots is talking bull**** as Wolf isn't a clone from Fox. Neither is Falco at this point I feel. I'm perfectly fine with all three of them as they are in Brawl. Though Wolf could maybe have a new side B, or a slightly chargable Blaster. And Falco, how about duo lasers? And a few more new moves, though I don't feel that's needed. Only character that REALLY needs work from the 'Brawl clones' is Ganondorf. All others to me are perfectly fine.

Krystal still is the most logical addition to StarFox I feel though yeah. But I don't think a new StarFox character is as likely as many think. Moreso on the level of a possible new Zelda character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

My concept behind this roster's arrangment was, four similar sections. Since Star asked.

Section 1: The Mario Universe
Here we have the Mario, Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong characters.

Section 2: Space Universe
Here, we have all the characters who are Spacey/futuristic. Fox, Sin & Punishment, F-Zero, Pikmin, and Metroid ll fall into this catagory.

Section 3:Really, this one was more of... me adding the two cutesy looking franchises (Mother/Pokemon) together, and then me just needing a spot for Isaac and Little Mac.

Section 4: Sword / Fantasy Universe
Pretty much, any characters that have the whole "Fantasy" vibe went together here. Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Xenoblade.

Kirby / Retros / Miis
I kind of liked the idea of Sakurai's baby, and historical/older franchises of Nintendo, sort of standing on their own. I also put Mii's in the center simply because Miis are, well, us, and their inclusion will be something special. I doubt they would have a simple slot on the roster either. Their inclusion will mean a little more, in some respects.

I also, put the faces of the franchises on the outside, with the rest of the characters sort of filling in the rest of the spaces. The SHAPE itself, was just to make the roster visually different. I think it's more appealing, and almost looks larger in some ways. It definitely looks FRESH, and new this way.

BUT MEH, I'm sure the roster will look lame and square. IN A PERFECT WORLD.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder what Habanero doesn't like about Porky?

The mech? Maybe he's just a Masked Man fanboy, some kind of remnant from the pre-Brawl days.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rare didn't ruin StarFox, as Nintendo forced them to make 'Dinosaur Planet' a StarFox game as the main protagonist was also a fox. True story bro.

4 Fire Emblem characters seems more likely than 3 Mother characters to to me. And I want separate Dixie, and separate Sheik Impa

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I was half expecting him to say "Sheik ruined Starfox :troll:"
you know he wanted to.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Rare didn't ruin StarFox, as Nintendo forced them to make 'Dinosaur Planet' a StarFox game as the main protagonist was also a fox. True story bro.
And in turn, made another ****ty game regardless. Deal with it. :awesome:

I found my old roster, gonna need to change that ish around

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Personally Assault is my favorite game in the series. >:/

D

Deleted member

I don't get why people say Krystal CAN'T be another character with similar specials to Fox.

She can easily be another Wolf, in that she has unique normals (due to staff), but similar specials.

B: Fire Blaster-Shoots firebolts like lasers.
Side B: Krystal Projection-Dashes forward in an ice field.
Up B: Rocket Boost-Flies in a pressed direction, staff first.
Down B: Force Field-Creates a barrier that reflects projectiles.
Final Smash: LANDMASTAH. :troll:
3 of these Specials are even taken from Adventures. The Side B is the only Special that's not, but it's based on the fact that the staff has ice projection powers. And I suppose the Up B was changed a little to reflect the Fire Fox/Fire Bird/Wolf Shoot (screw it being called "Fire Wolf").

D

Deleted member

I don't care as long as she doesn't have a Landmaster, but she could easily be more unique than what you're making her out to be
So could've Wolf, and you saw how that turned out.
Doesn't help though, that three of the Specials are DIRECTLY FROM HER SOURCE MATERIAL (just slightly compromised).

@Diddy: Agreed. Mewtwo FTW.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Woah, I made two distinctions. There are characters I think are poor (Krystal, Toad), and there are characters I think are unlikely, even if they are awesome (Porky). Don't confuse the two. Also, slots are numbered. To pretend otherwise is silly. Would you create a 100 character roster? No. Would you create an 80 character roster? No. There is a limit to the amount of characters; and, as such, adding a character creates an opportunity cost. Every character you add means there are characters you haven't added. If you're aiming for 60, and you add Mach Rider, you've reduced the amount of space available for, say, King K. Rool. That's factual.

Additionally, I'm fully aware that Smash is "fan service". But, it's not really fan service to us. If Smash was fan service to us, Brawl would not be floaty, tripping would not exist, and you would be able to turn stage hazards off. Smash is fan service to all Nintendo fans. That's not even all internet Nintendo fans, that's all Nintendo fans full stop, from seven year-olds who just bought their first Pokemon game to thirty year-old women who've bought Super Mario 3DLand thanks to that ridiculous advert featuring the one from Sex in the City. You are a minority voice; in the grand scheme of things you are not important. I'm not actually thinking like a Smash speculator. If I was, I'd add Roy and Pichu and Dr. Mario and other totally inconsequential characters that people outside of the Smash community don't give a damn about. I'm the one who is avoiding thinking like a Smash speculator, and thinking: hey, SSB4 is for all these other fans too, what would they want?

But hey, sure, brush off my reasoning without actually approaching it.
And you say Bowser Jr. is more important than Toad? People like a 7 year old kid or a 30 year old woman who buy New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario All-Stars, AND New Super Mario Bros. U are going to think Toad is more important than Bowser Jr. simply because Toad is one of the playable characters in those main Mario games.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This is the part where I comment about Mewtwo not coming back and then everyone craps on each other.

Oh, and then Oasis comes in and talks about Kid Icarus: Uprising.

D

Deleted member

They're going to think Yellow Toad and Blue Toad are more important. :smirk:
Conversely, they're going to think "The Toad" himself is a useless idiot that needs saving in almost every level. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They're going to think Yellow Toad and Blue Toad are more important. :smirk:
Conversely, they're going to think "The Toad" himself is a useless idiot that needs saving in almost every level. :troll:
Good God! Palette swaps! PALETTE SWAPS!!! The Toad himself can have Yellow and Blue Toads as palette swaps.

D

Deleted member

While I'm not arguing that can't be the case, I'm just pointing out a huge hole in your argument.
Newbs to the Mario series (as you say) see Yellow Toad and Blue Toad as heroes, while the Red/Blue Toad as a coward.
Guess which ones they will be expecting if anything? :troll: Of course, that's assuming that Mario Newbs know what Smash is and care about it enough to want a specific character in it. :laugh:

I don't think Little Timmy Who Never Played a Mario Game or Aunt Gertrude care enough to want Toad in Smash because of Ala-Gold and Bucken-Berry :awesome:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Personally if Toad does become a playable character, I'd rather see the ice Toad and fire Toad variants as two of the pallet swaps.

Deucalion

Smash Cadet
And you say Bowser Jr. is more important than Toad? People like a 7 year old kid or a 30 year old woman who buy New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario All-Stars, AND New Super Mario Bros. U are going to think Toad is more important than Bowser Jr. simply because Toad is one of the playable characters in those main Mario games.
I'd say overall Bowser Jr. comes away better, because Bowser Jr. features in SMG, SMG2, NSMB, NSMBWii, NSMBU, and NSMB2 as the secondary antagonist. Meanwhile, Toad is the tertiary protagonist in NSMBWii and NSMBU. Still seems in Bowser Jr.'s favour to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom