• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It would look bad if Star Fox was represented with three different colored dogs, lol. Falco got in over Wolf in Melee because he actually looked MARKEDLY different.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The part about adding a character that will turn the youth of America into fur***s.
Like Krystal is the first Furry to hit the American public.

#*****please

Also, I guess all women and gays who play Smash should be furries already because Diddy, Fox, Wolf, Falco, ect. Have been in Smash for ages. Heck.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Instead of wanting to add a new character JUST to have a unique character from that series, why not focus on the two already there and make them unique? I mean, Wolf is practically there, all he TRULY needs in my opinion is a new FS, as his Special moves work different enough from Fox, and has completely original normals.
Falco on the other hand, needs his double guns from the SSE, some heavy artillery like his Assault artworks, and an Arwing to better reflect the fact that he "poisonally prefuhs da AIR".
I fully agree with you about Wolf I wouldnt take him out of Smash 4. They need all the villians they can get. There is so much room for improvment. I'd change his Final smash to maybe a Wolfen assault by the rest of the Star Wolf team.
As for Falco...For me personally it would take a whole lot of convincing for me to want him to stay since I would like Krystal to replace him as the Star Fox's team representitive.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Like Krystal is the first Furry to hit the American public.

#*****please
What are you talking about? The only reason why Mickey Mouse and the like aren't turning kids into fur***s is because they're beloved AMERICAN icons. Krystal's got that euro*** thing going on.

Not only that, but let's not forget that Spongebob is making kids gay too.

And don't forget Donkey Kong with his large muscles and Bowser being a Big Beautiful Man.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It would look bad if Star Fox was represented with three different colored dogs, lol. Falco got in over Wolf in Melee because he actually looked MARKEDLY different.
That settles it. Slippy Toad is getting in over Krystal and he is going to be a clone of Fox with a green Landmaster whether we like it or not. :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Eat your heart out Minnie Mouse.

Also, Krystal is definitely the hottest furry, ever. Period.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Awww Krystal dont even look like a dog. Fox and Wolf look pretty similar but Krystal not so much. Atleast to me haha and plus I would forget all that when Im dominating everyone with her amazing staff and moveset.

Just because Falco is a bird doesnt take away the fact that his move set may be the exact same if he was in Smash 4.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That settles it. Slippy Toad is getting in over Krystal and he is going to be a clone of Fox with a green Landmaster whether we like it or not. :troll:
The prediction in my blog post a few pages back came true. :facepalm:

As for the furry stuff, I really doubt Sakurai cares at all. Moving on.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

#Swaggeraggers

Also, it doesn't matter, but I like playing along with Golden.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Just because Falco is a bird doesnt take away the fact that his move set may be the exact same if he was in Smash 4.
Who cares. He's different enough from Fox as it is. People who still complain are dumb. Krystal isn't a good enough character to just replace Falco solely because she has a staff.

Also I wonder what's more important in Krystal's case. Variety or consistency? I was thinking it would be better to have her in her Adventures outfit, especially if she came with a Dinosaur Planet stage, because that sort of... TRIBAL... PRIMITIVE theme hasn't been seen in Smash yet. But at the same time she's in STAR FOX, which is pretty distinctly SPACEY.

There's not exactly a precedent for this sort of thing. It's not really important, I guess.

I don't even remember who Kaa is. *Googles although that sounds like a terrible idea considering the topic* Oh it's that snake, lol.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yep lets hope that we see an even better version of NG3 on the Wii U, certainly would give more reason to get a Wii U and more reasons for us fanboys to brag.
That and if such a better version of said game sold well, it would convince developers to improve games more on re-released/ports, which is good for gamers in general! :)
It was grab, throw, x5, then kill. It's weird, but that's what happened, I'd never forget a KO like that.
Yeah, the only way out of that is good DI, shining (if you are Fox only), or your opponent smacking you downward. Overall that is a terrible way to lose! :laugh:
I've actually played a translated hack of Fuinn no Tsurugi many times, I'm a big Fire Emblem fan. It's a good game, although Seisen no Keifu, Thracia 776, and Rekka no Ken are all better. But no, my problem with Roy has nothing to do with whether his moveset is or isn't good, it has to do with the fact that it's impossible to justify picking him over any other long-gone Fire Emblem lord.
The problem with many of the other Fire Emblem Lords is they share time being the main character with others. Roy doesn't have that problem. He's the main character all the way. Maybe that leaves Sigurd and Leaf, but even then, Sigurd kinda looks like Marth, and Roy's game was the newest. Plus, again, he has the Melee popularity to back him up.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
STARPHOENIX, WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE. I don't remember, would your Starship Mario stage conflict with your guess for a StarFox stage.

Y'know, both spacey.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh GOD! Furry discussion *ducks and hides under cover*
I've actually played a translated hack of Fuinn no Tsurugi many times, I'm a big Fire Emblem fan. It's a good game, although Seisen no Keifu, Thracia 776, and Rekka no Ken are all better. But no, my problem with Roy has nothing to do with whether his moveset is or isn't good, it has to do with the fact that it's impossible to justify picking him over any other long-gone Fire Emblem lord.
The problem with many of the other early Fire Emblem Lords is they share time being the main character with other characters. Roy doesn't have that problem. He's the main character all the way. Maybe that leaves Sigurd and Leaf, but even then, Sigurd kinda looks like Marth, and Roy's game was the newest. Plus Roy being playable in Melee helps...
Well Damn, this place is starting to get interesting.
We got some interesting-ish new peoples and opinions. I kinda like it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Please have this battle happen.

[COLLAPSE="VS"]

[/COLLAPSE]

The story writes itself.

Did Star even make a SF level?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh God, that battle would be the battle of the two annoying character (fan bases). Why not just have Waluigi Tingle versus Wesker the Emo Dante from DmC=??? :laugh:
Over representation is a thing though, you know. But only Mario and Pokemon really need to worry about that.
You can really "over represent" a series like those two that have sold well over 100 million copies each. Because if we went by sales, Mario characters would outnumber Fire Emblem characters 200-1. You can, however, argue you can "over represent" minor (and somewhat irrelevant) franchises like Fire Emblem, Star Fox, F-Zero, and MOTHER.

While such an argument would make sense, I still would rather play as characters than franchises! :laugh: Discussing individual characters rather than franchises is more fun, anyways.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If you think adding a single character to ANY of the current franchises would cause overrepresentation.

You, are wrong.

Because Morrigan is awesome and I want to see her OBLITERATE HIM.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Skullomania vs. Slippy Toad would be the Capcom vs. Nintendo battle of the irrelevants! :laugh:

@ Shortiecanmelee (because that has better tagged on everything)
Nah, I'm just presenting the argument that is frequently used, and I explaining it. I only kinda sorta believe You know, like how F-Zero only gets 1 character, and Pokémon has had 8=??? :laugh: That is all I believe in terms of representation-based stuff, along with who has the (most and the) best potential newcomers (hint: Pokémon).
Krystal didn't ruin Star Fox, Rare did (with Star Fox Adventures).
I though Adventures felt like it just tagged on the "Star Fox" name for no reason. Other than that, it was just an average game. IMO the game that ruined Star Fox was Assault (and kinda Command) because most Star Fox fans found them boring. Thus the 3 best-selling games in the franchise are remakes of the original; Star Fox, 64, and 64 3DS.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wait, maybe the StarFox games aren't bad? The fans just suck.

Assault is a good game. GTFOI.

And thats because it was. The original game was going to STAR Krystal. Thank god StarFox was tagged on, otherwise she would be a Microsoft character now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also I wonder what's more important in Krystal's case. Variety or consistency? I was thinking it would be better to have her in her Adventures outfit, especially if she came with a Dinosaur Planet stage, because that sort of... TRIBAL... PRIMITIVE theme hasn't been seen in Smash yet. But at the same time she's in STAR FOX, which is pretty distinctly SPACEY.

There's not exactly a precedent for this sort of thing. It's not really important, I guess.
Wario says hi.

Please have this battle happen.

[COLLAPSE="VS"]

[/COLLAPSE]

The story writes itself.
However it's written, it will end in sweat, shame, and then escalating happiness.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I also thought Adventures, Assault, and Command had no replay value, and I haven't touched any of those since the 1st time I played them. I still play the original Star Fox and Star Fox 64. They got a certain timeless and classic appeal. I didn't grow up playing the original, so I know with that game my opinion isn't influenced on nostalgia.
Assault is a good game. GTFOI.
I thought the only thing "good" about it was the soundtrack. The gameplay (especially out of the Arwing), the "humor," the graphics, and the multiplayer were all below par IMO.
And thats because it was. The original game was going to STAR Krystal. Thank god StarFox was tagged on, otherwise she would be a Microsoft character now.
Maybe it would be owned by Rare/Microsoft, but probably not, judging by how legally aware Nintendo would be with the series. If Nintendo was aware that there was a likely chance Microsoft was going to buy Rare, they would have probably sealed up legal ownership of the-then new IP, Dinosaur Planet.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, Nintendo was more than aware of the whole thing with Rare and Microsot considering they sold their shares in Rare. So, Dinosaur Planet would've been a Rare IP along with BK and the highly underrated Kameo.

Despite what people may say, Krystal is definitely in better hands with Nintendo considering what Microsoft has turned Rare into.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
STARPHOENIX, WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE. I don't remember, would your Starship Mario stage conflict with your guess for a StarFox stage.

Y'know, both spacey.
No more so than having two Mushroom Kingdom stages, two Pokémon Stadiums, two Yoshi levels from the same game, two Green Greens, etc... Just because it is set in space does not necessarily mean the setting must look or interact the same, this is especially true considering Starship Mario, at least according to my concept, will be buzzing through various galaxies of different variety.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
NOU John. Because I completely disagree.

If I had Assault, I would play it frequently. I havent touched SF64 since... ever? My brother bought it on the Wii. Before then, i was probably 12 or so. Seen the game be played WELL ENOUGH to know... itsnotthatawesome.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I wish I could interject into Starfox discussion, but I've never played a Starfox game. :urg:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If I had Assault, I would play it frequently.
After I beat Assault's single player and played its' multiplayer for about an hour, my friend and I played Star Fox 64. He lent me Assault for like 2 weeks, and I never wanted to touch it. I thought the controls were too shaky, the Landmaster gameplay was awful, the on foot gameplay was pitiful, the bosses were a mixed bag, and the locations were bland.
I havent touched SF64 since... ever?
If you haven't played it, how do you know=???
My brother bought it on the Wii. Before then, i was probably 12 or so. Seen the game be played WELL ENOUGH to know... itsnotthatawesome.
Maybe you should play it. And yes, it is awesome. Most of the stages are very memorable, awesome bosses, cool fights, nice challenges, and a very basic but fairly fun multiplayer.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The original Star Fox is also quite a fun game. It is also noticeably harder than the others, but it is quite enjoyable. Star Fox 2 is worth checking out if you like the original Star Fox.
Actually, Nintendo was more than aware of the whole thing with Rare and Microsot considering they sold their shares in Rare. So, Dinosaur Planet would've been a Rare IP along with BK and the highly underrated Kameo.
Not if Nintendo declared that the IP would be in control of Nintendo in the form of a contract. That is what I am saying that Nintendo may have done.
Despite what people may say, Krystal is definitely in better hands with Nintendo considering what Microsoft has turned Rare into.
Rare is now a completely different company with a completely different staff than it had before. Maybe a handful of people remain from the 90's glory days.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Actually, I guess I'm KINDA wrong...

Once at a summer camp when I was little, someone brought a Gamecube and I think Assault. We played Multiplayer. I remember winning every match as Slippy. I thought it was kinda fun. Other than that, though, nothing.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way Brit.

New topic anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom