• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally I would've preferred if Mushroomy Kingdom was a bit more vibrant and colorful, although I can understand his choice for the artistic direction he chose for that stage. I just found it kinda boring, and mixed with the fact that it was a scrolling stage, I barely ever played on it.

It was a interesting aesthetic decision though, and at least there were technically two stages. It will also be interesting to see if he does that with a stage in SSB4, perhaps from a different NES game. And hopefully not a scroller...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There is a lot of bias for 64. I for one think a few concepts from 64 should return, such as having large stages that aren't camping hell stages (like the large stages in Melee and Brawl).
REALLY? I've never ever seen any here on the boards, let alone on this thread aside from jokes. Also fixed it for ya.

Although I would call Sector Z a camping (and wall infinite) stage

Should pop in 64 again later, I'm in need of some fresh new ideas to expand upon.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Surprised Level 1-2 wasn't turned into a bomb shelter.
lol, that would at least make it a little more exciting. I honestly don't even remember if it had a theme, I haven't played on it in like two years. :laugh:

The abundance of blocks (especially the ones on the top) really turned me off the stage (as well as the scrolling).

If they ever had a stationary Mario stage that was post-apocalyptic themed with castle ruins and abandoned airships or something, maybe even with Dry Bones as somehow part of the stage, I would definitely play it regularly.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Eh? How was it Commandy?

You based your two Kirby picks on the first levels of their respective games, right? So that means Patchland or whatever is all greeny and junk, like it's non-patchy counterpart? You should fix that. Maybe.

I don't remember what they were like.
This got me thinking. What if the stage list was this:
Halberd
Grass Land
Halcandra

Make a Kirby stage full of machinery and fire. Sounds fun to me. :chuckle:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This got me thinking. What if the stage list was this:
Halberd
Grass Land
Halcandra

Make a Kirby stage full of machinery and fire. Sounds fun to me. :chuckle:
That would definitely be different than previous Kirby stages, and that list sounds fine to me, but with all the lava, fire, and machinery Halcandra would have, Sakurai wouldn't be able to come up with any new Metroid stages! :troll:

Seriously though, it would be interesting to see a different series get a fiery stage so it wouldn't always have a Metroid-vibe with it, and Kirby is as good a series as any (although there are a lot of series with lava and/or machinery areas to work with). Not that a Metroid-vibe is bad, but the series can be expanded much past "rising lava" stages we've got in all three games, and will probably receive again.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't know how many of you remember my discussion with ChronoBound months ago about the cut off point when Sakurai will likely stop being influenced by games after a certain time. Sakurai had his roster finalized in 2005, not long from when he began development. The last game to significantly influence Super Smash Bros. Brawl was Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, which was released in Japan, September 2006; a little under a year and a half prior to Brawl's completion. What this likely means is by the years end, and possibly into the start of next year, the games we have now will probably have the most impact on the content we see in Super Smash Bros U. Here is a list of this generations Nintendo titles listed for each series.

Mario - Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario: Sticker Star*, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon*, New Super Mario Bros. U*

Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong Country Returns

Yoshi - Absent

Wario - WarioWare D.I.Y, Wario Land: Shake It, Game and Wario*

Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks, Ocarina of Time 3D, Skyward Sword

Metroid - Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid: Other M

Kid Icarus - Kid Icarus: Uprising

Ice Climbers - Absent

Gyromite - Absent

Kirby - Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Pikmin - Pikmin 3*

Star Fox - Star Fox 64 3D

F-Zero - Absent

Pokémon - Pokémon Platinum, Pokémon Black & White, Pokémon Black & White 2*

Fire Emblem - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem, Fire Emblem: Awakening**

Mother - Absent

Game and Watch - Absent

Other:

Mii - Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play: Motion, Wii Party, Wii Music, Wii Fit Plus, Pilotwings Resort, Pass Quest, Wii Fit U*, Nintendo Land*

Animal Crossing
- Animal Crossing: City Folk, Animal Crossing 3DS**

Punch Out - Punch Out!!

Sin and Punishment - Sin and Punishment: Star Successor

Golden Sun - Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Legendary Starfy - Legendary Starfy

Famicom Wars - Advance Wars: Days of Ruin***

Rhythm Heaven - Rhythm Heaven Gold, Rhythm Heaven Fever

Xenoblade - Xenoblade Chronicles

Fossil Fighters - Fossil Fighters, Fossil Fighters: Champions

Flingsmash - Flingsmash

*: Slated to be released by years end
**: Likely will be released the following year
***: Never released in Japan

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@N3ON: Yeah, I'd like to see more stages like Frigate Orpheon. Rising lava/acid is a pain...

But honestly, if there's gonna be an Epic Yarn stage, I kind of want it to be either Space Land or Treat Land.

@Star: You forgot Kirby's 20th Anniversary game. :p

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
That would definitely be different than previous Kirby stages, and that list sounds fine to me, but with all the lava, fire, and machinery Halcandra would have, Sakurai wouldn't be able to come up with any new Metroid stages! :troll:

Seriously though, it would be interesting to see a different series get a fiery stage so it wouldn't always have a Metroid-vibe with it, and Kirby is as good a series as any (although there are a lot of series with lava and/or machinery areas to work with). Not that a Metroid-vibe is bad, but the series can be expanded much past "rising lava" stages we've got in all three games, and will probably receive again.
I myself decided upon Onion Ocean and Nutty Noon as my hoped-for stages to represent the Kirby series. I'm not asking for any Epic Yarn stages because it's my understanding that Return to Dream Land is better than Epic Yarn. Though Mt. DeDeDe wouldn't hurt to replace one of those two.

For Metroid stages, I can't remember what I asked for a matter of months or years ago, but I think I said Torvus Bog and either Elysia or Bryyo. None of those three have rising lava or acid.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Thrillhouse, COME BACK!!! I got more ideas where that came from!
(although you must admit Mewtwo is the best Pokémon idea for a Pokémon character not in Brawl)
The only stages I am curious about are the ones where the respective series has not had a new game released. Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, F-Zero, to an extent Star Fox; these series intrigue me because I am not sure what Sakurai is going to do. It's difficult to try and peg what will happen, considering this is the first time this has really been an issue. Earthbound is the only series I don't question because there is such a large demand for a new stage, particularly Saturn Valley, that I think Sakurai will listen. Sure, Game and Watch could easily go the Flat Zone 3 route, but I am still not 100% positive that will happen.
Yeah, it does make me wonder.[COLLAPSE="Here is what I think on the matter:"]I think we may get a stage from Yoshi's Island DS, or perhaps another SMW2: Yoshi's Island stage for Yoshi.
For Ice Climbers, I expect some zany retro crossover stage somewhat related to Ice Climbers. You know how the Balloon Fight fish was on the Summit stage=??? Well, I expect other retro series to get included in some kind of wacky crossover even moreso than that.
For Game and Watch, I think a stable one or two Game & Watch game would be nice. I think that may even happen.
With F-Zero, there's all kinds of stages to choose from. I can't pick one in particular, but I think a stage with minimal F-Zero racer interference is possible, while still making the stage feel like a race.
For Star Fox, I either expect more of a "generic" stage, something from Star Fox Wii U/3DS, or something from Star Fox 64. I would, however, love a stage based on Macbeth from Star Fox 64, especially if you could ride on that train. That would be so, so, so, so COOL!!!
For EarthBound, either the village/island MOTHER 3 takes place on or Saturn Valley are the obvious choices.[/COLLAPSE]

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm still hoping for Magicant to be the next MOTHER stage

Saturn Valley is another great choice, and a more likely one, but imagine the possibilities of the Magicant

@John- I know Mewtwo is, but as I said, the LIKELY choices. :awesome: I understand that GameFreak has a VERY tight hold on Pokemon rep, which is fine, but Lucario was pretty much designed with Smash in mind and I get that exact same vibe from Zoroark so much it's annoying really.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it does make me wonder.[COLLAPSE="Here is what I think on the matter:"]I think we may get a stage from Yoshi's Island DS, or perhaps another SMW2: Yoshi's Island stage for Yoshi.
For Ice Climbers, I expect some zany retro crossover stage somewhat related to Ice Climbers. You know how the Balloon Fight fish was on the Summit stage=??? Well, I expect other retro series to get included in some kind of wacky crossover even moreso than that.
For Game and Watch, I think a stable one or two Game & Watch game would be nice. I think that may even happen.
With F-Zero, there's all kinds of stages to choose from. I can't pick one in particular, but I think a stage with minimal F-Zero racer interference is possible, while still making the stage feel like a race.
For Star Fox, I either expect more of a "generic" stage, something from Star Fox Wii U/3DS, or something from Star Fox 64. I would, however, love a stage based on Macbeth from Star Fox 64, especially if you could ride on that train. That would be so, so, so, so COOL!!!
For EarthBound, either the village/island MOTHER 3 takes place on or Saturn Valley are the obvious choices.[/COLLAPSE]
For Yoshi, I think the Ice Mountain/Cloud World (World 5) or perhaps the Scary World (World 6) from Yoshi's Island would work best.
For StarFox, I was hoping for Area 6 and/or Meteor. Space Armada would be my 3rd choice.
Anywhere in the Mother EarthBound series would be good, but I'd prefer Magicant or Snowman.
For F-ZERO... Sand Ocean!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Thrillhouse
That's a great idea I strangely haven't thought of. I couldn't think of a good MOTHER 1 stage other than the Zoo; which was kinda in the SSE (although it was abandoned).
REALLY? I've never ever seen any here on the boards, let alone on this thread aside from jokes.
Yeah, a lot of people love those huge Smash 64 stages... at least some of them. If you ask me, Kong 64 is the perfect teams stage, and Dreamland 64 is THEE perfect stage, period. Hyrule Castle, of course, is a fan favorite combo zone, Saffron City is made for all kinds of gimping, Peach's Castle 64 has cool bumper combos, and Brinstar had lava! :laugh:
Although I would call Sector Z a camping (and wall infinite) stage
Yeah, Sector Z (and to a lesser extent, Corniera) has always had wall infinite problems... and kinda sorta camping.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Star
Yeah, I figure that Sakurai has most of the "rough draft" of newcomers done by now, with only a few stragglers (like Sonic, Wolf, etc. were) to be added later.

Of the already repped series, I definitely see the Galaxy games, the NSMB games, DKCR, Skyward Sword, Uprising, Epic Yarn, Pikmin 3, Black & White (and B&W2) and Awakening as getting a good deal of content in Smash 4. Not to say the other games on your list won't be represented (they probably all will be in some form), I've just got a feeling that those games in particular will be heavily represented, at least stage-wise.

For the new series, even if reps are added from the original games (Isaac, Saki, etc.) I see most of the other representation coming from the newest game in that series.

@N3ON: Yeah, I'd like to see more stages like Frigate Orpheon. Rising lava/acid is a pain...

But honestly, if there's gonna be an Epic Yarn stage, I kind of want it to be either Space Land or Treat Land.

@Star: You forgot Kirby's 20th Anniversary game. :p
Those do sound more interesting for an Epic Yarn stage, but I've got the suspicion that we will see some area in Grass Land as the stage from Epic Yarn, especially if the other hypothetical Kirby stage isn't the usual "Dream Land-esque" stage we usually get.

I myself decided upon Onion Ocean and Nutty Noon as my hoped-for stages to represent the Kirby series. I'm not asking for any Epic Yarn stages because it's my understanding that Return to Dream Land is better than Epic Yarn.
It's fairly subjective if Epic Yarn is better than RTDL, but opinions aside, EY did quite well, was critically acclaimed, and would offer a stage much different than any other game in any other series could. We will probably see a stage from Epic Yarn, but that's not to say we also couldn't get one from RTDL.

For Metroid stages, I can't remember what I asked for a matter of months or years ago, but I think I said Torvus Bog and either Elysia or Bryyo. None of those three have rising lava or acid.
I would be ecstatic if Skytown Elysia was made into a stage. There are just so many different areas in the Prime series that would work so well and be different than a typical rising lava stage. Even Other M, while being.... Other M, has a number of a different areas I think would work well as stages.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Space Armada isn't a bad idea GTA Hater. And actually quite a few times a lot of us agreed a World 5/6 stage from Yoshi's Island would be awesome (based on a concept by Arc).
@John- I know Mewtwo is, but as I said, the LIKELY choices. :awesome: I understand that GameFreak has a VERY tight hold on Pokemon rep, which is fine, but Lucario was pretty much designed with Smash in mind and I get that exact same vibe from Zoroark so much it's annoying really.
I don't know about "tight," but I would imagine that they would be happy to let Mewtwo return, especially since everyone and their mother wants Mewtwo back as a playable character in smash. And yeah, I do get that same vibe from Zoroark. Hopefully Zoroark turns out as awesome as Lucario did in Brawl (or even better, Project M Lucario!). :love:

@ N3ON
Skytown or the Fleet from Metroid Prime 3 would make excellent stages.

D

Deleted member

Huh. There's some conflicting things regarding character number.
Brawl's in-game Data says there are 35 characters (counting by slots), while Sakurai says there are 39 (counting by characters you can control sans Giga Bowser and Wario-Man).

So, let's say hypothetically, Sakurai's repeated mention of 50 actually holds some merit. Would it be 50 characters by slot, like how Brawl labels characters, or by characters you can control, like Sakurai labels them?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The last game to significantly influence Super Smash Bros. Brawl was Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, which was released in Japan, September 2006; a little under a year and a half prior to Brawl's completion.
You do have to remember though, that DP started development all the way back in mid-late '04. So you may have to change that particular cutoff a bit.

But yeah, the cutoff line is going to be interesting this time around.

@Johnknight: Lost an on-campus casuel Smash tourney in the final round because someone abused Sector Z and Wall Infinites. >:/

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Huh. There's some conflicting things regarding character number.
Brawl's in-game Data says there are 35 characters (counting by slots), while Sakurai says there are 39 (counting by characters you can control sans Giga Bowser and Wario-Man).

So, let's say hypothetically, Sakurai's repeated mention of 50 actually holds some merit. Would it be 50 characters by slot, like how Brawl labels characters, or by characters you can control, like Sakurai labels them?
50 would also include enemies and bosses in SSE2

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
For an Ice Climber stage, I'd love a Arcade/NES stage in the style of 75 M or Mario Bros, kind of like their Break the Targets in Melee.

And for the record I hate both Icicle Mountain and the Summit, why do they always get the shortest end of the stick? You could say it's because of their esoteric and limited history but I still think Sakurai hates the Inuit people.

Characters you control has been Sakurai's consistent, so that one.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
For an Ice Climber stage, I'd love a Arcade/NES stage in the style of 75 M or Mario Bros, kind of like their Break the Targets in Melee.
I kinda imagine something ice-related that also goes through references and stuff from games like Balloon Fighter, Panel de Pon, Mach Rider, Clu-Clu Land, Wario's Woods, and other random and somewhat forgotten retro arcade/NES/SNES games. A quality stage or two that is a collection of that era of gaming would be awesome for smash bros! :)
And for the record I hate both Icicle Mountain and the Summit, why do they always get the shortest end of the stick?
Both stages have too much going on, that's why. The staff seems to be trying to hard. I personally, for some reason, like a lot of the concepts of the Summit, but the parts of it need to be spread out, slowed down, and we need to take the "changes" one at a time. Also, both stages are way too big. Shrink 'em, and make it harder to win by camping.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dang, I forgot something, Game and Watch actually did, sort of, have a couple of new titles. Game and Watch Collection I & II for the DS. Also neglected Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros. 2.

[COLLAPSE="UPDATED Game Generation"]Mario - Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros 2., Paper Mario: Sticker Star*, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon*, New Super Mario Bros. U*

Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong Country Returns

Yoshi - Absent

Wario - WarioWare D.I.Y, Wario Land: Shake It, Game and Wario*

Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks, Ocarina of Time 3D, Skyward Sword

Metroid - Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid: Other M

Kid Icarus - Kid Icarus: Uprising

Ice Climbers - Absent

Gyromite - Absent

Kirby - Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Pikmin - Pikmin 3*

Star Fox - Star Fox 64 3D

F-Zero - Absent

Pokémon - Pokémon Platinum, Pokémon Black & White, Pokémon Black & White 2*

Fire Emblem - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem, Fire Emblem: Awakening**

Mother - Absent

Game and Watch - Game and Watch Collection, Game and Watch Collection II

Other:

Mii - Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play: Motion, Wii Party, Wii Music, Wii Fit Plus, Pilotwings Resort, Pass Quest, Wii Fit U*, Nintendo Land*

Animal Crossing
- Animal Crossing: City Folk, Animal Crossing 3DS**

Punch Out - Punch Out!!

Sin and Punishment - Sin and Punishment: Star Successor

Golden Sun - Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Legendary Starfy - Legendary Starfy

Famicom Wars - Advance Wars: Days of Ruin***

Rhythm Heaven - Rhythm Heaven Gold, Rhythm Heaven Fever

Xenoblade - Xenoblade Chronicles

Fossil Fighters - Fossil Fighters, Fossil Fighters: Champions

Flingsmash - Flingsmash

*: Slated to be released by years end
**: Likely will be released the following year
***: Never released in Japan[/COLLAPSE]

@Star
Yeah, I figure that Sakurai has most of the "rough draft" of newcomers done by now, with only a few stragglers (like Sonic, Wolf, etc. were) to be added later.

Of the already repped series, I definitely see the Galaxy games, the NSMB games, DKCR, Skyward Sword, Uprising, Epic Yarn, Pikmin 3, Black & White (and B&W2) and Awakening as getting a good deal of content in Smash 4. Not to say the other games on your list won't be represented (they probably all will be in some form), I've just got a feeling that those games in particular will be heavily represented.
Several things are kind of funny to me as I look at the list:

- If you remove remakes and and collections Kirby, Pokémon, and Wario are tied for the most new titles this generation not named Mario or Wii/Mii.

- Post-Brawl was kind of the Mii explosion with nine games in total all revolving around Mii's (hence some of the stranger placements such as Pilotwings Resort and Nintendo Land. It is also why I did not call it the "Wii" series).

- I never realized how many Mario games there have been since 2008.

D

Deleted member

Don't forget The Last Story, which is being released later this year (last I knew).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Don't forget The Last Story, which is being released later this year (last I knew).
I'm still not positive that it is technically a Nintendo IP. As far as I know it is shared between Mistwalker and Nintendo, kind of a Mario RPG type deal. Same thing with Pandora's Tower.

Honestly, ever since Nintendo has begun helping developers publish and work on games, it has become difficult to keep track of whats what anymore. I hear Nintendo is helping Tecmo develop Ninja Gaiden III.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is it too bad that Ice Climbers have an iron grip on the whole "icy stage" atmosphere.

No other series is allowed to have icy stages now.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm pretty sure since Nintendo paid for its' development and is the developer that the Last Story is a Nintendo 2nd party IP. If not, it's probably a shared IP (imagine that, huh!). :laugh:
For F-ZERO... Sand Ocean!
That wound be a good idea. Also, Fire Field, White Land, or Devil's Forrest! I love the latter stage in F-Zero X SOOO MUCH!!! That track is awesome! Also, that epic song on Devil's Forrest rocks, too!!! While I am it it, this epic remix of Big Blue needs to be in smash bros!
@Johnknight: Lost an on-campus casuel Smash tourney in the final round because someone abused Sector Z and Wall Infinites. >:/
Were they Fox or Pikachu=??? But yeah, once I lost a match to my brother on Corneria because he threw me forward at the bottom level's wall. I went through the stage and died.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I hear Nintendo is helping Tecmo develop Ninja Gaiden III.
I think you mean re-develop Ninja Gaiden 3. Certainly gets my hopes up for Ryu Hayabusa though. :bee:

Which reminds me that I have yet to finish my 3rd parties blog. lol

\
Were they Fox or Pikachu=??? But yeah, once I lost a match to my brother on Corneria because he threw me forward at the bottom level's wall. I went through the stage and died.
I was Pika, the other guy was DK.

Sector Z can change a match so quickly it's rediculous. >:/

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Is it me, or was the fact that nearly all of the songs from Melee returned in Brawl and were remastered a totally awesome thing=??? Seriously, Smash Wii U and 3DS need that for all the songs in Brawl! And bring back the Melee songs that didn't make it (specifically the Wire Frame them, the original 2nd FD song, and I think the Yoshi's Story theme).
Honestly, ever since Nintendo has begun helping developers publish and work on games, it has become difficult to keep track of whats what anymore. I hear Nintendo is helping Tecmo develop Ninja Gaiden III.
The difference is this (2nd version) of Ninja Gaiden III (since the 1st Ninja Gaiden III came out on the NES) is a re-release, and the game already came out on the PS3 and 360 (to mediocre reviews; the series' quality went down with each title). I think Nintendo wants to help make the Wii U version the best port, and also allow to improve the graphics.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think you mean re-develop Ninja Gaiden 3. Certainly gets my hopes for Ryu Hayabusa though. :bee:
Get my hopes up for Ninja Gaiden III. My friend Sean (who is a fanboy of the 1st NG, and a big fan of the 2nd) was disappointed by it. He's my Ninja Gaiden expert. I trust him! :laugh:
I was Pika, the other guy was DK.

Sector Z can change a match so quickly it's rediculous. >:/
Let me guess; grab, throw, aerial, throw, grab, throw, aerial/grab (and if it's the former, it is followed by a grab), throw, and then kill... right=??? :p

Edit: Anyways, I'm out.
-A Friend First and Smasher Second-,
~His Knightliness Himself~,
-Johnknight1 Watson

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm still not positive that it is technically a Nintendo IP. As far as I know it is shared between Mistwalker and Nintendo, kind of a Mario RPG type deal. Same thing with Pandora's Tower.
The thing that makes me wonder how much of The Last Story IP Nintendo actually owns is when Xseed announced they were publishing it in NA. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time (not counting Mario & Sonic games) that Nintendo wasn't publishing a title in NA they published in Japan. I still believe it is most likely a co-owned 2nd party IP, like John said. I guess we might get some more clarification if those sequels rumors turn out to be true, but then again it might just make things more complicted. :laugh:

I think Nintendo owns at least part of the IPs it publishes in every territory, such as series like Starfy or Golden Sun, but games like Layton and Dragon Quest that it publishes just outside of Japan, I doubt it owns any of the IP. Just a guess though.

And yeah, Nintendo is re-working Ninja Gaiden III and adding Wii U features and hopefully adjusting it to not suck so hard. :awesome:
And they're also publishing it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, why hasn't Sakurai revived Ice Climbers?

I'd love to play a game where you bash seals over the head

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like how, Ganbarion, the creators of Jump Super Stars and Jump Ultimate Stars made Pandora's Tower. That makes me want a lot of content from that in Smash Wii U and 3DS.

That is all.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
STAR, YOU FORGOT THE POKEPARK GAMES! caps
He forgot all the many Pokemon Spin-Offs, but they probably don't matter much either way.

Get my hopes up for Ninja Gaiden III. My friend Sean (who is a fanboy of the 1st NG, and a big fan of the 2nd) was disappointed by it. He's my Ninja Gaiden expert. I trust him! :laugh:

Let me guess; grab, throw, aerial, throw, grab, throw, aerial/grab (and if it's the former, it is followed by a grab), throw, and then kill... right=??? :p
Yep lets hope that we see an even better version of NG3 on the Wii U, certainly would give more reason to get a Wii U and more reasons for us fanboys to brag.

It was grab, throw, x5, then kill. It's weird, but that's what happened, I'd never forget a KO like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom