• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I'm having a total derp fit right now, but I can't remember where I've seen Wolf with a gun arm. In most games he doesn't, but I know I've seen him with one somewhere...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Breadbug: Well, I looked it up, and I saw official Assault artwork that showed him sporting some kind of gun arm. But I don't think it's there the whole time... Weird.

yani

Smash Lord
Reggie said:
"It was last year that we talked about a new Smash Bros. that will have some interoperability, some linkage between Wii U and Nintendo 3DS," Fils-Aime said. "Obviously [Smash Bros. lead designer] Mr. Sakurai, having just finished Kid Icarus, hasn't made a ton of progress on that game, but that's going to be the one where we talk about how the two systems could work together on one game."
Nothing new, but whatevz

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
If the person isn't trying to sell them, then the character isn't going to SOUND interesting.

K. Rool: big croc King

- he throws his crown
- Uses Helicopter Pack
- Has a counter attack using his belly
- Is slow and heavy

Nothing is interesting unless you make it interesting.
We're probably saying the same thing from different perspectives.

My point was that you only need a short description, and that's really only for the fact that some people wont know who they are on first look. Of course, if I know K Rool, I might aagree with you because I think he's cool. This may be what happens since he's one of the most popular characters right now.

We should list the characters WE bring up the most in conversation. See how different it is than polls and stuff we've conducted
Not a bad idea.

Mitsuo came to argue. I wonder what his agenda is.
The same as the rest of us. To argue like manchilden (or women in case of that one person) about who is the bestest

Also, just an observation: Purple Pikmin are going to have their jobs taken by Rock Pikmin in Smash 4. All things that Purple Pikmin do in Brawl, Rock Pikmin do in Pikmin 3, that is to say, they don't latch onto enemies, but instead bounce off and continue to ram them. Suck it up, Purples, you're going to have to be latchable in SSB4.

And don't even get me started on Pinks.
I'm surprised no one has brought up the idea of a new Pikmin character using Rock and Flying Pikmin.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
@N
I don't quite remember the argument we were having earlier, but do you have to talk in such a flowery way that makes me have to pull out a thesaurus to understand just the meaning of words assuming they aren't worded vaguely?
Seriously, I get enough of that noise from my dad. If you want to gain some experience in how interpret the context of someone's post, I suggest you take up some reading comprehension courses.

Or better yet, just be better at being insightful. Not everyone responds the way you do.

From here on out, I will focus intentions on being incredibly blunt.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
As much as I want a playable Louie, I don't think it's entirely necessary to add another Pikmin character to facilitate the new types of Pikmin. I think just adding them to Olimar's repertoire for now can only be a good thing, making him more unique and versatile.

D

Deleted member

Description of Michael Bays Ninja Turtles

WTF is that? How about subtlety and starting off with the shredder or something

Unless your making him an alien too...

Edit: Who wants bets on if the aliens are the triceraton or not?

Even knowing very little about the TMNT story as a whole, I'm betting more on the Utroms because in the old Mirage Comics, they were responsible for the transformation of the Turtles and Splinter.

And the 2003 cartoon would've beaten Bay to the punch in terms of making Shredder an alien. ;)

On-Topic: Pikmin doesn't really need a new character since every potential option would be the same as Olimar but "with different Pikmin" or something like that.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Seriously, I get enough of that from my dad. If you want to gain some experience in how interpret the context of someone's post, I suggest you take up some reading comprehension courses.

Or better yet, just be better at being insightful. Not everyone responds the way you do.

That's why Toise is cooler than you. Brevity.

HUUUUARRRGH.

I like how Peach, Diddy, and Ganondorf were mentioned in the original Smash on the character profiles. So lucky.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Maybe letting each character's creator design their movesets would make them play more faithfully to the source material?
The problem with that is that not all of them, if any of them, have experience in designing a fighting game character so they're likely to be left with holes in their design. Then again, that's where playtesting comes in.

If Miyamoto made Fox's moveset, that'd be pretty cool because I feel he's one of the characters that seems "rightfully" executed in Smash along with Peach.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
People have mentioned the idea of a character using Rock and Pink Pikmin, but it is as Breadbug says, most prefer Olimar getting them to make him more interesting.

Not that I wouldn't love more Pikmin representatives in Smash, but it is nigh impossible for us to justify, which is a shame, especially since apparently Pikmin 3 has FOUR main characters that aren't Olimar. (Still think it is Louie, President, Wife, and Child).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Snowbud racing minigame would be the most HYPE ever.
Would it be in the snow globe=??? Or in Colorado=??? :laugh:
It seems we get more ego-inflated people by the day. I guess we'll have to continue to show them competitive players do hang around here. I enjoy shutting them down if even if I know them :smirk:
Expect more once we get a trailer. Like a lot more. Like "I BEAT MY FIVE YEAR OLD BROTHER SO I CAN KICK YOUR A** IN SMASH 4" people! :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even knowing very little about the TMNT story as a whole, I'm betting more on the Utroms because in the old Mirage Comics, they were responsible for the transformation of the Turtles and Splinter.

And the 2003 cartoon would've beaten Bay to the punch in terms of making Shredder an alien. ;)

On-Topic: Pikmin doesn't really need a new character since every potential option would be the same as Olimar but "with different Pikmin" or something like that.
The problem being I can't imagine the utrom being an evil alien invasion force

That's the triceraton's role

Edit: Perhaps the Utrom are going to be responsible for the turtles creation and the Triceraton are going to be the evil invading aliens

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I always had this idea for a semi-clone Louie. I mean, this is one case where I'd want an intentional semi-clone, just because Pikmin Pluck, and the Whistle are integral to Pikmin characters.

But I'd like to see Louie focus on swarming Pikmin, rather than throwing them. I also had an idea for a "Pikmincopter" for a recovery where more Pikmin means more vertical recovery.

I guess I should type this up sometime.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think John kept saying the credits of Smash 64 mentioned Miyamoto as the moveset designer of Fox and Falcon, but being the loser that I am, I checked to see if that was true.

It's not. He's credited as being the original creator of Mario, Luigi, DK, and Link. Not Fox and Falcon, interestingly, though that's probably because he just came up with the game concepts, and not the character designs themselves. He was also credited for giving advice.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
John says it a lot.

John.
Heh, point taken.

Seriously, I get enough of that from my dad. If you want to gain some experience in how interpret the context of someone's post, I suggest you take up some reading comprehension courses.

LOL, following my path I see. Or is it FanMan's?

That's why Toise is cooler than you. Brevity.

HUUUUARRRGH.
I disagree.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm not "all for" the idea of a playable 2nd Pikmin character. I do think if we get 5 new Pikmin, it is an interesting idea. My opinions depend on what new Pikmin are in the game.
Not sure about Falcon and ICs but Fox's moveset was made by Miyamoto.
Doesn't mean the whole thing was made by Miyamoto. And to be fair, Miyamoto helped make the movesets for nearly every character he had made or helped make for Smash 64 and Melee (just look up the Smash 64 and Melee credits). Of course, Miyamoto was also an executive producer (or something like that) for both Smash 64 and Melee. Also, let it be known Sakurai created a great moveset for Marth and Mr. Game and Watch (minus some of G&W's specials).

D

Deleted member

The problem being I can't imagine the utrom being an evil alien invasion force

That's the triceraton's role

Edit: Perhaps the Utrom are going to be responsible for the turtles creation and the Triceraton are going to be the evil invading aliens
There have been evil Utroms before, and that'd be justification enough for Micheal Bay to say EFF it and just make them evil.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You could also add the purple and red sprays from Pikmin 2. In fact I remember making an Olimar moveset during the pre-Brawl days that had both of those moves, who knew Olimar would actually be sooo much more simple. Almost everyone thought Olimar would have either the three main types or all five types of Pikmin constantly out. People gave Louie Pikmin 2 Pikmin and he used one in each hand. :laugh: Honestly, it was a poor design, I would hate to see that with Pink & Rock Pikmin.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think John kept saying the credits of Smash 64 mentioned Miyamoto as the moveset designer of Fox and Falcon, but being the loser that I am, I checked to see if that was true.

It's not. He's credited as being the original creator of Mario, Luigi, DK, and Link. Not Fox and Falcon, interestingly, though that's probably because he just came up with the game concepts, and not the character designs themselves. He was also credited for giving advice.
Maybe its' in Melee, but I remember Miyamoto being credited for "character design."

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Not so sure about that Iblis, because the Rock Pikmin follow him, not hang off of him as added weights. Otherwise I'd have to agree.

Olimar needs to be able to make his Pikmin carry him as a taunt, why wasn't that put in Brawl? Sakurai, get on our level.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Not so sure about that Iblis, because the Rock Pikmin follow him, not hang off of him as added weights. Otherwise I'd have to agree.
That Up B though, and aerials when he grabs certain pikmin to attack. It might be a for second but the gravity should still take effect.

As in, he originally designed the characters. How they look. He created them.

How they work in Smash, isn't necessarily his business.
I wish they specifically would give out who made who's moveset.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not a bad idea Iblis, but I think rock Pikmin in smash would need to do more. Maybe like break shields easier, being a stronger purple Pikmin, and not helping with recovery.
I'm surprised no one has brought up the idea of a new Pikmin character using Rock and Flying Pikmin.
I've brought up that idea for over a year! :laugh:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Also, if the point of communication is to convey ideas, and some find it hard to understand what N is trying to say, is that their fault for how he chooses to communicate? Nothing wrong with his choice, but if he's trying to communicate and it's not working then he's not choosing a very effective method.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
People have mentioned the idea of a character using Rock and Pink Pikmin, but it is as Breadbug says, most prefer Olimar getting them to make him more interesting.

Not that I wouldn't love more Pikmin representatives in Smash, but it is nigh impossible for us to justify, which is a shame, especially since apparently Pikmin 3 has FOUR main characters that aren't Olimar. (Still think it is Louie, President, Wife, and Child).
Adding another character just to add the two new Pikmin in isn't a good enough reason to me. As I said before, if you go back to my stage control concept, you would be able to implement all seven pikmin into Olimar's playstyle.

Also, said concept would be absolutely impossible to implement in a traditional fighter without it sucking so bad.

Doesn't mean the whole thing was made by Miyamoto. And to be fair, Miyamoto helped make the movesets for nearly every character he had made or helped make for Smash 64 and Melee (just look up the Smash 64 and Melee credits). Of course, Miyamoto was also an executive producer (or something like that) for both Smash 64 and Melee. Also, let it be known Sakurai created a great moveset for Marth and Mr. Game and Watch (minus some of G&W's specials).
Marth's moveset is definitely a great one. In fact, I'm willing to even call it the Smash equivalent of Chun-Li's playstyle but no fireball. G&W's.... I don't know. I can't say I've ever really liked it, but that's just me. It is faithful though.

To balance Olimar, I say the more rock pikmin he has the heavier he gets. It just makes sense.
Before we start talking about balancing, we should take into account what they all do before we talk about balance.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
As in, he originally designed the characters. How they look. He created them.

How they work in Smash, isn't necessarily his business.
"Character design" is really a vague term (does it mean making the character models? the characters' graphics? their movement? their moveset? how they work?), but I imagine Miyamoto wasn't involved with graphically making their model! :laugh:

Sakurai has leaned Miyamoto for advice and stuff before in the past. Look at what Miyamoto is credited for compared to the other 64 and Melee producers (specifically Iwata).

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Also, if the point of communication is to convey ideas, and some find it hard to understand what N is trying to say, is that their fault for how he chooses to communicate? Nothing wrong with his choice, but if he's trying to communicate and it's not working then he's not choosing a very effective method.
A valid point but I guess I just don't find it hard to understand what he is saying.

Not a bad idea Iblis, but I think rock Pikmin in smash would need to do more. Maybe like break shields easier, being a stronger purple Pikmin, and not helping with recovery.
Strongest throws, do the most damage, take the longest to die, don't go as far as other when being used as a smash, does most shield damage.

Before we start talking about balancing, we should take into account what they all do before we talk about balance.
It's not hard to infer physics onto the new pikmin. Just base it off Brawl olimar. Then imagine a faster fall when said rockmin are in use.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Marth's moveset is definitely a great one. In fact, I'm willing to even call it the Smash equivalent of Chun-Li's playstyle but no fireball. G&W's.... I don't know. I can't say I've ever really liked it, but that's just me. It is faithful though.
I would dare to say that Marth's moveset is one of the best in a fighting game ever. Like, no joke. Sakurai has ZERO bad moves in that moveset, and all kinds of versatility.

As for Mr. Game and Watch's moveset, if all of his specials that weren't his up B didn't suck. Other than that, I love watching Game and Watch play in Melee, Brawl, and Project M.

Mitsuo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3969-4738-3710
N's speech is not all that hard to understand, though. Just take away the flashiness of coined word play, and the root remains.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hey, has it been confirmed what that pink Pikmin does=??? I heard a few of y'all (specifically SmashChu) say it is a flying Pikmin. Has that been confirmed=???
Strongest throws, do the most damage, take the longest to die, don't go as far as other when being used as a smash, does most shield damage.
Exactly. That fits perfectly with the ideas I suggested for a Rock Pikmin. There really could be a lot done to make any and all new Pikmin unlike Olimar's 5 Pikmin in Brawl.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Marth was well thought out. Probably why there was basically no changes to his moveset and he transferred perfectly over to Brawl from Melee even with the physics and metagame change.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ xIblisx
I don't think any changes for Marth's moveset were really needed in Brawl, except taking away his sword range and grab range. That and they made his side B a bit different.

Really, Marth is a character that is nearly perfectly designed. After all, if it works great and you can't do anything better with it, there is nothing to fix!

Iwata: (laughs)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Except for adding chains. He'd be stupid good.
Well, Marth kinda had that with spacies in Melee. That and he had grab chases in Melee, too. But still, keep most of 'dem chain grabs out of my smash bros, especially those super broken never ending ones (which Brawl seemed to have dime a dozen).

Grab chases can stay, though. Because those are all about skill and knowing your opponent, and (I think they) add depth to Marth's gameplay and match ups! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom