• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sounds like a MOOT POINT to me. If your Pikmin is a zombie, are you just going to WAIT? No. Shotgun is the only answer. If it "dies" a zombie then it will forever remain a zombie.

SO IT'S A ZOMBIE, SHUSH.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can't believe I missed another retro discussion that I could have brought Muddy Mole into...

but maybe I shouldn't make a mountain out of a mole hill...

Ba Dum Tss.

But on a serious note, I think if those Pink Pikmin are hard to obtain, Olimar's recovery could change to him being carried by one.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But on a serious note, I think if those Pink Pikmin are hard to obtain, Olimar's recovery could change to him being carried by one.
This is a pretty good idea. Maybe he could still have a Pikmin chain as his recovery, but if he has any pink Pikmin, after he sends the chain out, they could automatically move to the front of the chain and could sort of "carry" the rest, moving him vertically a small amount, to give him a little more recovery. The more pink Pikmin he has, the further they would lift him and the better recovery he would have.

Just an idea.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@N
I don't quite remember the argument we were having earlier, but do you have to talk in such a flowery way that makes me have to pull out a thesaurus to understand just the meaning of words assuming they aren't worded vaguely?

Also, just an observation: Purple Pikmin are going to have their jobs taken by Rock Pikmin in Smash 4. All things that Purple Pikmin do in Brawl, Rock Pikmin do in Pikmin 3, that is to say, they don't latch onto enemies, but instead bounce off and continue to ram them. Suck it up, Purples, you're going to have to be latchable in SSB4.

And don't even get me started on Pinks.
Here's an interesting thing they can do to purples. Make them where they do latch like Gooey Bombs and they increase the gravity of the opponent and reduces their knockback in a way that allows specific combos. When the latch, though, they don't inflict damage.

Also, I guess it's Smash so canon doesn't matter, but why can Olimar just pull Pikmin out of the ground where f*cking ever he wants? That's not how Pikmin work. It would at least help my brain get some closure if his intro animation included the Onions spewing seeds all over the battlefield. That still wouldn't account for Whites and Purples, though...
The one thing I had in mind was that parts of every stage would be places you could pull out specific Pikmin. For example, the middle platform of Norfair always pulls out red Pikmin, but the one to the left pulls out yellow pikmin always. This would emphasize stage control and would truly reflect the strategical aspect of the Pikmin games better than the card drawing that's in Brawl.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You don't get it. The player vs. player vs. stage aspect of Smash does not require platformer skills.
And you don't get that Smash Brothers is more than just a fighting game. Several others have already posted that their experiences with other fighting games vary, Smash Bros. blends more elements in. It isn't that Smash Bros. is more complicated, because it really really isn't.

If you can't take this I'm sad to say I thought of you as one of the better post. :-/
I don't like posting here when the quality of posts are... well... trash. XD Why must I spend hours of my day during those times, how does that make me any worse of a poster? The reason why people like you can think I am one of the better posters is because I do not participate when it gets all derpy. There are several posters like me in this way. Those are the people that generally hold the most respect from me, they aren't here to just mess around, they are pretty serious about the topic. I would go elsewhere to do mess around, or better yet, not be on a forum posting.

But no hard feelings. <3 It's whatever.

As for Rock Pikmin, I can tell they will not take the place of purple pikmin. Rock Pikmin do not latch like Purple Pikmin, nor do they have 10 times strength, nor do they stun. They are purely for breaking hard surfaces and dealing initial high damage. In SSB4, it could be a shield breaker Pikmin, while Purple can simply do a lot of damage.
And every once and a while, you can pluck a Reggie.

I think Pink Pikmin should fly out a bit when thrown, and perhaps flutter a bit if it is at the end of a Pikmin Chain (just noticed N3ON said that before me :laugh: Sorry!), thus demanding more attention to Pikmin order, same as how Rock Pikmin can be timed to break shields.

I could use the extra bit of strategy using Olimar, I honestly feel my mind shutting off when I play him, which is why I initially stayed away from playing with him in Brawl despite him being my favorite character. As for Kuma's ideas, they have my support as an Olimar user, that'd make gameplay very amusing and interesting all at the same time.

@N's posts, yeah they are hard as hell to read, and not because of any vocabulary usage, but the manner in which it is put. But I like it, gives him character and that, "Yeah, that sounds like something he'd say," feel. That's rarer than a Pikachu in Viridian Forest.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That reminds me. What'd be another cool thing would be that you have a "taunt" that rotates Pikmin around like in the Pikmin games. This "taunt" could be done any time. This way, you can use a particular Pikmin in your group when you want instead of having to rotate with different attacks.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I said this before, but commanding my army of pikmin like that is my favorite thing to do. Any implementation of that would be priceless. That sound it makes with the whistle is a must as well, sometimes I'd walk around doing it just to make the sound.

Hope all characters kind of get that extra bit of attention and love, considering Sakurai isn't too concerned with adding a lot to the roster. Might as well give what we got tons of options and strategy, you know? Another idea that I've seen in a moveset revamp of Olimar is where you could hold onto the Pikmin and charge the throw while moving around. Maybe you could aim it as a bonus in a direction specified.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ray as a character I would love to see but I have no idea how he would play. What kind of gun, bomb, pods, and boots would he have? You could make him more OP than Metaknight. Now with this "customization" idea that Sakurai mentioned you might be able to choose what gear you can give him.
I think Chronobound did a moveset for him. I'll have to take a look and see if I can locate his post.

EDIT: Found it.

[COLLAPSE="Chrono's Ray moveset"]Ray moveset:

Ray, as mentioned earlier, is basically the icon for the Custom Robo series. Custom Robo has had five games to date, and there has been a fair amount of Custom Robo representation in Smash since Melee. However, I feel that it is time that the series get a playable representative for Smash 4. Ray is the best character to adequately represent the Custom Robo series.

As for what kind of character Ray would be, I would suggest being a small, fast character with lots of powerful projectiles. Custom Robos are tiny (only a few inches tall), however, Ray can easily be resized to be the size of oh say Olimar. While Ray will be very light and small, he will have some of the best projectiles in the game and strong for a character of its size. Ray’s projectiles include lasers, bombs, and missiles. Not only that, Ray’s projectile attacks even extend to his A-moves. Ray A-moves also take advantage of the blades that he has on the sides of his arms.

As for Ray’s design, since the Smash Bros. series usually goes with the most recent design for a character, I guess the design that Ray would be would be his MKIII model. However, if a new Custom Robo is made, the new Ray design from that game will be the one to use. However, regardless of the Ray model, Ray will still be just called Ray. As for Ray’s official artwork for Smash 4, I am imaging him hovering in the official artwork in a battle position (though it is hard to describe what I mean a battle-ready position). I am hoping that you will like my Ray moveset and shows what a Custom Robo character could bring to Smash Bros.

Ray regular moves:

A: Ray punches with one of his arms.
AA: Ray does a punch with his other arm.
AAA: An energy blade comes out of one of Ray’s arms and his does a slice with it.
Running-A: Ray gets pushed forward by his jets on his back and then he shoots out small flare cannon from both of his arms (the flare cannon is length of ROB’s thruster attacks).
Side-A: Ray slices with an energy blade that emerges from one of his arm cannons.
Down-A: Ray shoots out a laser while laying low.
Up-A: Ray shoots a missile upward, however, the missile is weak.
A–Air: Rays spins with his arms stretched out with energy blades coming out of both of them.
Forward-air: Ray will thrust himself very hard into his opponent (Ray will have an energy field around his body during this attack).
Backward-air: Ray slashes with one of his energy blades in back of him.
Down-air: Ray’s hands turn into drills and he falls down quickly drilling into his opponent, does a lot of damage.

Up-air: Ray fires a missile upward.
Forward-Smash: Ray can momentarily paralyze his opponents with this attack by using his stun gun. While it does not do much damage, the longer this smash attack is charged, the longer your opponent is paralyzed.
Down-Smash: Ray will shoot lasers at the ground of both sides of him.
Up-smash: Ray will drill one of his opponents with his drill gun.

Grabs:
Grab-A: Rays will shoot lasers at his grabbed opponent.
Forward-Grab: Ray throws his opponent forward a bit then hurls a bomb at him or her which knocks them ever farther forward.
Backward-Grab: Ray throws his opponent backward a bit then hurls a bomb at him or her which knocks them even further backward.
Down-Grab: Ray slam his opponent to the ground, and then slashes them with his blade gun.
Up-Grab: Ray throws his opponent up a bit, then hurls a bomb at him or her which knocks them even further up.

To Be Continued
---
Play It Loud
Snakey
(Topic Creator)
Posted 6/30/2011 10:00:53 PM

Ray moveset continued:

Ray special moves:

Regular-B: Scatter Shot: With this special Ray can fire a whole bunch of lasers very rapidly. However, the lasers have no knockback, like Fox’s laser. However, unlike Fox’s laser, lasers can be continually shot out by just holding B, and Ray can also aim the gun that is shooting the laser, which means that he can shoot his opponent below and above him.

Side-B: Flamethrower: Ray takes out his flame gun, and shoots out fire from his gun. Unlike Bowser and Charizard, the attack does not lose strength over time, however, since Ray is small, the attack has much less range. Very effective to use when your opponent is backed against a wall.

Down-B: Homing Missiles: Ray fires a homing missile on his opponent. The missile is not that strong (only does 5% damage), however, it does home in on your opponent, and can be a major pain for them when trying to recover.

Up-B: Booster Thruster: This allows Ray to fly for a short period of time, however, unlike R.O.B.’s booster, Ray can actually changes the direction of his flight (think how the Ray Assist Trophy in Brawl flew). He can also perform his other special moves in mid-air while his thrusters are on.

Final Smash: A.I.R.S.: Ray will temporarily become A.I.R.S. the extremely powerful, gold military variant of the Ray line. While in this form, Ray will be able fly indefinitely, be able to shoot out lasers and missiles much faster, and will be much stronger as a whole. This wears off after about 20 seconds.

Ray’s taunts are as follows:
1. Ray will hover in the air and spin around, showing off his blade guns.

2. Ray will pump his fist.
3. Ray will rise in the air a bit, and clench both of his fists.

Ray’s victory animations are as follows:
1. Ray will simply give a thumbs-up with one of his arms.
2. Ray will hover in the air, and shoot out some lasers from both of his guns.
3. Ray will do a back flip, and land perfectly erect on his feet then do some slashes with his arms.

Running animation:
Ray’s running animation is that he hovers above the ground in a similar fashion as Meta Knight, Charizard, and Mewtwo. Interestingly enough, Ray gets pushes a little forward on the initial start-up for the thrusters when beginning to run, so in a way, just tapping the control to make Ray get that initial thrust, makes him faster than he regularly would be (and Ray is already fast to begin with).

Idle animation:
Ray stands perfectly erect, with his arms in a battle ready pose. Being a robot, Ray does not fidget much, and only sometimes does he look at the guns that he is holding in his hands.

To Be Continued
---
Play It Loud
Snakey
(Topic Creator)
Posted 6/30/2011 10:01:56 PM

Ray moveset continued:

Costumes:
1. Ray has a yellow coloring to where he is normally blue.
2. Ray has a red coloring to where he is normally blue.
3. Ray a green coloring to where he is normally blue.
4. Ray has a purple coloring to where he is normally blue.
5. Ray has a black coloring to where he is normally blue.

Kirby Hat:
Kirby’s Ray hat has the helmet thing that Ray’s head appears to have as well as the mouth veil. I think many of you have seen the Ray 01 Kirby Hat mock-up. Kirby with the Ray hat has the ability to perform the Scatter Shot.
[/COLLAPSE]

It's not even that homie
Well I knew that. I was just trying to be lighthearted to alleviate the tension.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
[COLLAPSE="response pic"]
[/COLLAPSE]

I was disappointed to see how "simplified" Olimar was in Brawl. As I've said with those two things, it's definitely possible to represent Olimar faithfully in Smash if you have some creativity. Heck, who's ever heard of a character in Smash where being at a particular point on a stage mattered so much? IMO, Olimar, just by his game's nature, should not be an easy to learn character, but he would be so rewarding once you learn to strategize with Olimar.

There are definitely other characters who I feel are not being represented to their fullest, namely Luigi (just that Side B that came out of nowhere), Samus, the MOTHER kids, and Ganondorf (duh).

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I would love to see something like that....but I think it should be optional like how Soul Calibur IV let you choose between regular vs. and special weapon vs.

I wold hate to be forced to use that system like how Stree Fighter X Tekken makes you use the Gems.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Speaking of which, I haven't touched that game in a while. It has some really great concepts, but they all fall short along with balance issues. Maybe Street Fighter itself needs to go back to the drawing board before working on Street Fighter 5, whenever that may be. You can even kind of see this with most of the SF roster in X Tekken being rather bland in moves compared to their Tekken opponents.

Meanwhile, I'm just happy with Virtua Fighter.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How in the world could they have messed TMNT 3 so bad.

It's not that hard to make it at least corny but fun

The entire movie shouldn't exist

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Does anyone else think the Wiiu and the 3DS versions of this game are going to be different in terms of roster? I'm thinking that the 3DS will get Kid Icarus characters, and the WiiU will get famous Wii characters. So the 3DS could include Magnus, while the WiiU version may include Shulk and Ghirahim.
I think it depends on whether they want to go the same route as MK, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 etc. where they are pretty much the same exact game but one on console and the other is portable. Or they could do something dramatic and have some characters be on the Wii U and others on 3DS.

You can even agrue that the stages will be diffrent on the Wii U and the 3DS.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Description of Michael Bays Ninja Turtles

Aliens invade Earth and inadvertently spawn a quartet of mutated reptile warriors, the Ninja Turtles, who rise up against them to defend the world.
WTF is that? How about subtlety and starting off with the shredder or something

Unless your making him an alien too...

Edit: Who wants bets on if the aliens are the triceraton or not?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
One Piece isn't the longest, and Naruto isn't longer, surprisingly. Naruto is really getting close to ending (they're definitely milking this last arc though..), not sure if One Piece has the end in sight. Keep hearing it is better than Naruto, starting to believe it with how Naruto is being.

Dat sharingan.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
One more off-topic post for the night.

@Anime: OP and Naruto? They're not even close, Pokemon has been on longer than either, and even beating that would be Doraemon which has been on since the 70s.

I should have a new stage concept for tomorrow, until then later.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is something I have been thinking about. I have always thought that we would be getting a New Super Mario Bros stage in the next game, since that is the next major Mario series since Brawl, but I've imagined it being some type of spiritual successor to Mushroom Kingdom. Lately I've been thinking that maybe the best (and likeliest) route is to have Bowser's Castle be the NSMB stage, considering it is that series that even brought back the main castle element in the Mario series. Makes sense to me.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...I log in, and Holder is talking about Naruto. (although hopefully that anime/manga ends, because I am tired of that crap; One Piece at least isn't terrible)

By the way, THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE RIDLEY! RIDLEY DANCE TIME!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Naruto was pretty good back in the day

Before it came out in America, me and my friends used to read translated manga and play imported japanese games

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think we can all agree Gundam is a freaking more awesome than Naruto. :shades:
Article on the Wii U launch Glad other people feel the same way as me, Smooth, Romance, pants, and John.
My thoughts on Nintendo showing off 2012/early 2013 releases isn't what I necessarily wanted at E3, but it makes sense. Regardless, the Wii U will do great. I mean, it's already got a much better launch library than the GameCube or Wii did. With the Wii, we didn't get a 2nd great game (after Twilight Princess) unlike like Mario Galaxy, Brawl, and Metroid Prime 3. Maybe No More Heroes, but even then, we didn't have many "great" games for the 1st (almost)2 years of that console.
Why is uniqueness a deciding factor? That seems awfully silly as an inherit deciding factor. Like I could see if there were two characters with otherwise comparable credentials, but uniqueness as a prime reason? Just silly.
Well if you don't think uniqueness is a factor, then play smash without uniqueness. Literally play every match for the rest of your life as Mario against only Mario players.

You can't get yourself to do it, right=??? Point prove. :smirk: Without uniqueness, we are limited to a very simple/limited science, instead of a limitless ocean of potential; much like art.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I had no idea Psycho was so hipster.

And John, call me out on the one time I go off topic. :laugh: Dang it.
Uniqueness is definitely the unique factor in character factoring, characterized best by Ghirahim. In this way, he is confirmed.

Also I was thinking Rock Pikmin might be hard to be eaten or could not be eaten, though I suppose that isn't true or else we would have heard about that already. Man those Bulborbs must be breaking their teeth on dem Pikmins.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well the question of "what is unique" is subjective and not concrete. Plus again, Sakurai is more creative at making "unique" characters than us. Literally, who else could turn a race car driver into a BAMF physical machine, a space pilot into an awesome fighter with cool technology, and two lame a** mountain climbers into one BAMF team=??? :laugh:
You can talk about them all you want, there just isn't a point. I SWEAR I read somewhere where Sakurai basically said the roster would be universal. I'm not going to look for it now, but I will later. He didn't say "The roster will be the same on both games" but, he said something that insinuated it.
Making say 6 new characters and splitting them evenly amongst 2 games is minimally harder than having them in both games. Splitting them up IMO is a waste of time and money.
That reminds me. Project M did a good job with changing his moves. I watched about a minute of the gameplay in that video and immediately noticed his new FAir.
Hopefully, Sakurai will change Sonic since he had nothing to do with how he turned out.
Played Shroomed's Sonic, I got owned. Because of that experience, I know that Sonic can be amazing, have great shield pressure, and can have some mad combos.
Recently I discovered I would love Maxwell from Scribblenauts in. He'd have a very unique moveset I'd imagine.
I would love to see Scribblenauts in Smash. I love that series so much. Freaking that game series is brilliant. I love it.
Also, I know earlier I said I thought that E3 was dying, but now I think it is becoming more of a AMERICAN 3rd party conference, since all of the press there is AMERICAN!

Edit: This video is freaking hilarious.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
One Piece isn't the longest, and Naruto isn't longer, surprisingly. Naruto is really getting close to ending (they're definitely milking this last arc though..), not sure if One Piece has the end in sight. Keep hearing it is better than Naruto, starting to believe it with how Naruto is being.

Dat sharingan.
One Piece has been "about halfway finished" for a few years now.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
How did I miss Star's post up there? Bowser's Castle is the 0NE new Nintendo stage I know I really want

Other than that, maybe a new Sonic stage if Sonic comes back and Phendrana Drifts and I'm all set when it comes to stages

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well the question of "what is unique" is subjective and not concrete. Plus again, Sakurai is more creative at making "unique" characters than us. Literally, who else could turn a race car driver into a BAMF physical machine, a space pilot into an awesome fighter with cool technology, and two lame a** mountain climbers into one BAMF team=??? :laugh:
Not sure about Falcon and ICs but Fox's moveset was made by Miyamoto.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I find it laughable that IGN gave Sakura Samurai a better score than Dillon's Rolling Western. I found Dillon way more enjoyable than Sakura Samurai. You can't spell ignorant without IGN. :glare:

I believe the unintentional 9/11 references (terrorist, building destruction, ect.) could be the reason why Disaster: Day of Crisis never had an American release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom