• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
No, its not that I can't comprehend you, Kuma, its that more often than not your presentation value is whack and avoids the context.

Beyond spouting one liners and reading partially between the lines, the gist of what you have to say degenerates to the run of the mill responses found in the is thread.

Starphoenix said:
Holloseums are meant to be mini arenas, as such I think a static stage would be appropriate.
Its mostly that I have it in mind that a panoramic virtualization would really fit what Custom Robo has to offer.

I didn't realize you took Custom Robo so personally.
We're both kinda ticked by the state of this Thread.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
You guys are going to have one unhappy Iblis on your hand when its all said and done.

By what he just expressed to me, it's not going to be friendly

We're talking SSBFan mad.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
THAT WASN'T A REAL QUESTION.

UH. I dunno. Something about broken power lines and Luffy vs. Akainu. Oh, and my brother's dog was a jerk.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Really based on the outcome of the Smash games, its apparent that there was more emphasis placed on how to make these games less focused on the technical aspect of fighting.

As players are introduced to the capabilites of the genre, they have more than enough details to be convinced that this is not a fighting game.

So where are we at this point? Well a good majority of our conversations concerning this subject is whether or not Smash introduces game mechanics that promote balance. That balance researched settings, character abilities, attributes...really the emphasis of this style of gameplay is centered around what options cater to the mechanics.

KumaOso describes this as a sort of character mold, which would be introducing character options based on Specials and what inputs build up their profile.

I like Brawl in how it helped us to discover the nature of this genre. Being only the third iteration in the series, certainly there were some things that we've come accustomed to expect from any progression of sequels as far as depth is concerned; especially to the magnitude of such a blockbuster title as Smash.

There are several fighting games have innumerable sequels and spin offs, which the focus of these sequels is to retain the essence of their respective genres. Then we have a game like Street Fighter 4 where there is meant to be specific level of significance as far as progression is concerned: What have we seen before and how does that knowledge help us appreciate new expansions to the genre?

I digress to help propogate some appreciation for the evolution of series. Brawl had many of us concerned for the essence of what made Melee an exceptional addition to the series (In reality we're only looking at number 2). If you'll notice, there are a lot of ways Brawl deviated in respect to how players evaluated the Smash metagame; so much so, that there have been full scale projects dedicated to reinstating those aspects.

The real question is how much emphasis are we placing on a specific style of play that motivates the direction of a specific genre?

To answer that question is to understand what extent the next sequel can alter the Smash formula we've come to understand.
This has got to be one of the most vague things I've ever read. This is so vague, in fact, I can't even tell if it's pro-brawl or anti-brawl, so alas, I cannot troll. Or even be obnoxiously loud about my disdain for its style, for that matter.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
So you're basically saying nothing then? Sounds about right.

Though if you're curious as how I've made such a determination, perhaps this will liven the atmosphere in here.

It was definitely worth the entertainment.

[COLLAPSE="Drinking Food."]I can't say I'm surprised by a response like yours, granted my guess as how well read you are is about as good as anyone elses.

What with how you've failed to actually present any reasoning as to where I was being vague. Much less to determine how.

Or that you felt compelled to mention your dislike for the phrasing of some internet jockey, who of which already doesn't care for you.

Or perhaps (the best part about this) how you based the premise of your factual reasoning on whether or not to troll per that same person's standpoint on a particular video game (again apparent bais against a certain demographic)

I'm not sure where you stand little man.[/COLLAPSE]

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, it's funny. Whenever I see the phrase "drinking food", I think of rotten milk.

And I'm so glad that the hotel I'm in wisened up and got internet routers in every room.

EDIT: And while I think that Kirby is fine as is, I think he could make use of more Copy Abilities. IMO, I'd love to see a Tornado move.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Battle Revolution seemed pretty good to me as far as the battles go graphically. No by today's standards it is nothing extraordinary, but it wasn't bad.
I remember the opening was really spectacular for a Gamecube game, but I guess I should go back and play some of the actual game again, I might be confusing parts of it with V2 for the 64. :laugh:
Either way, yeah it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't the best looking game. Not that it really bothered me, it was still fun as hell.

If they make one for the Wii U, even if it only ran in 720p, it would still blow my mind. :awesome:

I'm also enjoying the holosseum stage ideas, I could never come up with a good idea for one.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You guys are going to have one unhappy Iblis on your hand when its all said and done.

By what he just expressed to me, it's not going to be friendly

We're talking SSBFan mad.
Have no idea whats going on, I'm usually far removed from the general workings of this thread. Hopefully he won't let it get to him too much.

I remember the opening was really spectacular for a Gamecube game, but I guess I should go back and play some of the actual game again, I might be confusing parts of it with V2 for the 64. :laugh:
Either way, yeah it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't the best looking game. Not that it really bothered me, it was still fun as hell.

If they make one for the Wii U, even if it only ran in 720p, it would still blow my mind. :awesome:

I'm also enjoying the holosseum stage ideas, I could never come up with a good idea for one.
Yeah the 64 gamers were pretty bare basic as far as design goes (although the animations were pretty fluid).

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
[COLLAPSE="Drinking Food."]I can't say I'm surprised by a response like yours, granted my guess as how well read you are is about as good as anyone elses.

What with how you've failed to actually present any reasoning as to where I was being vague. Much less to determine how.

Or that you felt compelled to mention your dislike for the phrasing of some internet jockey, who of which already doesn't care for you.

Or perhaps (the best part about this) how you based the premise of your factual reasoning on whether or not to troll per that same person's standpoint on a particular video game (again apparent bais against a certain demographic)

I'm not sure where you stand little man.[/COLLAPSE]
Your abuse of lofty language is clearly an attempt to establish dominance over your peers due a desire to hide your raging inferiority complex.
I'm quite well read, I assure you, but I don't feel the need to prove it to anyone else because I don't need to prove it to myself. My self esteem isn't that low. It's not even so low that I'm not willing to make myself the fool for my own entertainment. I could hardly care what you see in it. I wouldn't have even considered becoming so serious about this had I not wanted to knock you down a peg.
Besides, the less you know about where I stand, the better. I'd rather be confusing than predictable.
And if you're going to try to appear intelligent, please try to spell 'bias' right.

[collapse="Also, this arrived for you."]
[/collapse]

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
LOL you're STILL editing that post? I must have really struck a nerve.

No really, I head off for a few hours just to find you churning away. Good man!

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Hey, the matter is I really don't have any malicious intent towards you, its important to draw the line between attacking another's character and defending yourself from someone who clearly has ought in their intentions.

But I won't stop you from grasping at any detail that makes me seem less credible, however negligible those cases are.

Are you one to talk.
I'm going to ride that one out just in spite of you.
It seems you're the only one that really pays attention to that...XD!

editing dot dot dot

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Drinking Food said:
Your abuse of lofty language is clearly an attempt to establish dominance over the less credible posters (ie trolls such as myself)
Fixed.

Man I can't believe there hasn't been any other conversations to hold our attentions

Osis Dreams?

No Star, stuff like this isn't a matter you can just "get over", its eroding canyons bad.

Getting your kicks Oasis? Edits and Edits and Edits and Edits

...and edits...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
How about my earlier idea? Giving Kirby more Copy Abilities in his moveset. More than just Fighter, Yoyo/Fire, and Suplex. Like, for example, I'd love a Tornado attack.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Lol, do I know you?

Shoo fly, come back when you learn how to not Strawman away from relevant arguments.

Like really are we done yet? Whats with this meaningless endeavor you seem to want to carry on?
If you want to act up SO bad, meet me in a PM.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I did like that, but I'm more interested in how you envision it in accordance to Smash.
Just basically changing some of Kirby's physical attacks to spread it out amongst more abilities instead of JUST Fighter Kirby. Like how Kirby's dash attack in Melee and Brawl was Fire/Burning and Yoyo, respectively.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Actually, that is very considerable. What sources did you get those ideas from?

Well aside from how copy abilities are sort of Kirby's thing/deal. (edit for Osbrosis)

DrinkingFood said:
...What relevant arguments?
Like how this really started, something about a blanket accusation of how vague I was being.

OASIS ARE YOU WATCHING THIS BRO?!?!

Edit somo': Or better yet how a mishap on my spelling here and there makes me seem really unintelligent, Woah man that one sure knocked me down a peg.

Or how my being 'mad' "evoked name calling" yes that made a ton of sense

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Actually, that is very considerable. What sources did you get those ideas from?

Well aside from how copy abilities are sort of Kirby's thing/deal. (edit for Osbrosis)

Like how this really started, something about a blanket accusation of how vague I was being.

OASIS ARE YOU WATCHING THIS BRO?!?!
I just thought of it out of nowhere today, though Kirby's dash attack in Melee might have helped, telling me that it could be done. It seemed like an interesting idea, so I decided to share it.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'm going to give you the inside scoop PoppyBro, I really like the idea.

Its a neat observation that's brought to my attention that I often forget (brother brings it up from time to time)

but when I'm reminded of it, I am reminded of how diverse and almost indistinct Kirby is that they can play with his moves all the time (like some sort of ....silly putty)

N3ON said:
Even if Rare isn't the same as it used to be, hearing stuff like this makes me sad.
Looks like someone's hurting for cash. We may very well see some DKC style design on their next project.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm going to give you the inside scoop PoppyBro, I really like the idea.

Its a neat observation that's brought to my attention that I often forget (brother brings it up from time to time)

but when I'm reminded of it, I am reminded of how diverse and almost indistinct Kirby is that they can play with his moves all the time (like some sort of ....silly putty)
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
What with being diverse and indistinct?

Well PoppyBro, that's Kirby's trademark and it will define his nature as a fighter.

However its really up to the fans of his Franchise to decide whether or not its a good thing.

(Another Oasis edit for the books)

The point of the discussion, I think, is that somehow there should be moves based around elements from his titles. I like how you brought up the Yo-yo thing, it reminded me of Ness.

Master Rapier said:
I don't know what the arguement about but..
Pretty much the ideology found in your signature

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't know what the arguement about but I did see comments about Custom Robo. I like the gameplay of custom robo but the gamecube game had a really dull storyline. I began to only care about getting to the next battle. Now Custom Robo Arena was really good with an interesting story (though very predictable) and cool parts.

Ray as a character I would love to see but I have no idea how he would play. What kind of gun, bomb, pods, and boots would he have? You could make him more OP than Metaknight. Now with this "customization" idea that Sakurai mentioned you might be able to choose what gear you can give him.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
What with being diverse and indistinct?

Well PoppyBro, that's Kirby's trademark and it will define his nature as a fighter.

However its really up to the fans of his Franchise to decide whether or not its a good thing.

(Another Oasis edit for the books)

The point of the discussion, I think, is that somehow there should be moves based around elements from his titles. I like how you brought up the Yo-yo thing, it reminded me of Ness.
Well, I'm one of Kirby's ultra-fans, so to me, that's a very good thing in this case. :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Looks like someone's hurting for cash. We may very well see some DKC style design on their next project.
Their next project will probably be Kinect Sports: Season Three :troll:

I would love it if they made a DKC style game for the 3DS. I heard their portable team closed down though, so I doubt we'll get any collaboration with Nintendo (or 3DS games in general) anytime soon.

yani said:
I just saw this on the site. I died a little on the inside.
Me too. :(

I would've much rather had either of these two games over an inferior remake of an existing title. (That didn't even have Banjo or Conker)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh yeah, my bug escaped in my dream. It was my dad's fault. For some reason some giant, weird looking spiders were all over the car port too.

I was worried about my little Snozwald.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So it's Nintendo who're not wanting to make any good use of RARE anymore?

I guess it's all clear. If Nintendo doesn't want to cooperate, don't expect RARE and Nintendo coming together ever again.

yani

Smash Lord
I would've much rather had either of these two games over an inferior remake of an existing title. (That didn't even have Banjo or Conker)
It was rumored that Nintendo wanted Banjo in the game but Microsoft wouldn't allow it unless they bought the IP. Not sure how true that is though. I'd be happy with a Banjo-Kazooie port in threeie-D :awesome:

:phone:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'm pretty sure Banjo kazooie would be released as an FPS if Microsoft really wanted to revive the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom