• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
If Rare should revive any series it should be Battletoads! Never could get past the hoverbike stage but still a lot of fun.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It was rumored that Nintendo wanted Banjo in the game but Microsoft wouldn't allow it unless they bought the IP. Not sure how true that is though. I'd be happy with a Banjo-Kazooie port in threeie-D :awesome:
I guess I understand why Nintendo would pass, and I wouldn't realistically expect them to go for it, but if it was ever confirmed that Microsoft offered to sell B&K back to Nintendo and Nintendo passed, I would be inconsolable, lol.

I would be satisfied with a port though. It's better than nothing. I haven't been able to play Banjo-Kazooie for a long time anyway, my 64 is broken. And I can't bring myself to buy it on XBLA. :laugh::urg:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't care what Microsoft says. I need an actual Banjo-KazooWiiU.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Why would Nintendo make a game that we wouldn't play? It doesn't even have the word "Mario" in it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I kinda hate all the attention Mario gets to... :/ TWO new NSMB games is too much. Especially if you're also making a Paper Mario AND another Luigi's Mansion! Where's the love for the other series?

The rejection of DKC4 made by Rare is very disappointing, but expected. Unfortunately... :/

:phone:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I kinda hate all the attention Mario gets to... :/ TWO new NSMB games is too much. Especially if you're also making a Paper Mario AND another Luigi's Mansion! Where's the love for the other series?

Not to mention that Nintendoland has a Luigi mansion, Mario, and Yoshi minigame. I know Yoshi has its own series but I still consider him a Mario character.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
2 movies and some food and this happens LOL

I didn't realize you took Custom Robo so personally.
It's not even that homie

I AGREE, N.

WHO WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT MY NEW DREAMcaps.
About how you circlejerk with you and your many personalities?

*raises hand*
I want to hear it, too

Sheep.

This has got to be one of the most vague things I've ever read. This is so vague, in fact, I can't even tell if it's pro-brawl or anti-brawl, so alas, I cannot troll. Or even be obnoxiously loud about my disdain for its style, for that matter.
Maybe it's vague because you just can't comprehend

Your abuse of lofty language is clearly an attempt to establish dominance over your peers due a desire to hide your raging inferiority complex.
I'm quite well read, I assure you, but I don't feel the need to prove it to anyone else because I don't need to prove it to myself. My self esteem isn't that low. It's not even so low that I'm not willing to make myself the fool for my own entertainment. I could hardly care what you see in it. I wouldn't have even considered becoming so serious about this had I not wanted to knock you down a peg.
Besides, the less you know about where I stand, the better. I'd rather be confusing than predictable.
And if you're going to try to appear intelligent, please try to spell 'bias' right.
This has been returned to the original mailer due to package not recieving the address
[collapse="Also, this arrived for you."]
[/collapse]

The fact that you continue to respond to the "worthless" makes you just as low. You want to appear intelligent, you might not want to contradict yourself.

It's not even so low that I'm not willing to make myself the fool for my own entertainment.
You've made the fool of yourself and it provides great entertainment.
Nah I wanted to add that image. Had to find it first.

I didn't see the post right away lol.
Psssh. You do that all the time, nLim8d. Not just when people troll or aren't credible.
All people who normally speak with a higher vocab normally must all be patronizing. Herp.

How about my earlier idea? Giving Kirby more Copy Abilities in his moveset. More than just Fighter, Yoyo/Fire, and Suplex. Like, for example, I'd love a Tornado attack.
Please, save this.

Oh yeah, my bug escaped in my dream. It was my dad's fault. For some reason some giant, weird looking spiders were all over the car port too.

I was worried about my little Snozwald.
He's dead.

I don't care what Microsoft says. I need an actual Banjo-KazooWiiU.
Yeah, remember Tooie's multiplayer? It'd be a real kiddy-oriented FPS.
If Rare should revive any series it should be Battletoads! Never could get past the hoverbike stage but still a lot of fun.
I guess I understand why Nintendo would pass, and I wouldn't realistically expect them to go for it, but if it was ever confirmed that Microsoft offered to sell B&K back to Nintendo and Nintendo passed, I would be inconsolable, lol.

I would be satisfied with a port though. It's better than nothing. I haven't been able to play Banjo-Kazooie for a long time anyway, my 64 is broken. And I can't bring myself to buy it on XBLA. :laugh::urg:

Click the picture.

@Star: No I'm not going to rage about the unstability of the topic even when a subtopic of it can be brought up that relates to main one and the supposed speculators don't keep the attention span to follow through. I'm just going through now and I'm going to be blunt as hell.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, to be candid, I don't care who gets the attention as long as it is done well. Honestly, they seem to be doing it well, though they will likely need a Mario moratorium lest they start pumping out the same thing over and over again. As for what is coming Mario related, seems unique and high quality enough to forgive sharing the one franchise. Afterwards, leave room for some Pikmin, Starfox, F-Zero, Zelda, Donkey Kong, retro revivals, new IPs, and whatever else can be thought of. Then after some time has passed, give us a 3D Mario on the pretty HD Wii U. :D

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm on a 3DS. I can't see the picture. :laugh:

Also, is "Save this." good or bad in this case? Not sure.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not to mention that Nintendoland has a Luigi mansion, Mario, and Yoshi minigame. I know Yoshi has its own series but I still consider him a Mario character.
Haven't read up about Nintendo Land much yet, cause I didn't know there was so much info about it already. And yeah, I consider Yoshi as a Mario character to.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah, he gets everything done in one go, just like how Hiei beats his opponents.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
If I could borrow this one more time

TheFirstPoppyBro said:
Also, is "Save this." good or bad in this case?
That means your idea is something we need to preserve, perhaps in the BackRoom or something like it.

No no Metal , we only reserve those mentions for the true Hur Dur.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I've spoken my peace, may we move on.

@Poppy: Just bring your topic back up, I'll talk with you about it if no one else will.

If that falls through, I want to know. Since Nintendo seems to still care about F-Zero and Takamaru do you think they will have stronger place in Smash this time around?

I don't think I saw much of their stuff in E3 during in Nintendo Land, I was doing better things than watching 3rd parties run rampant. Did they show any type of gameplay for their minigames? I think we could pull some ideas from their to get a little closer in line with Smash will have.

@Metal: Don't worry fool about me saying such things. It wasn't so much that I made that whole post for getting attention to myself but for the lost topic this thread was meant for. Made your day? :smirk:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Iblis: Basically, I just brought up that I'd like to see more diversity in Kirby's moveset, other than JUST Fighter Kirby. Like Tornado and Ice.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Eh? Personalities?
Secrets

@Iblis: Basically, I just brought up that I'd like to see more diversity in Kirby's moveset, other than JUST Fighter Kirby. Like Tornado and Ice.
So do you think maybe his down B could be a little more fleshy, like changing his specials to Tornado, Ice, and/or Sword.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Iblis- I'm not sure if their appearances in Nintendo Land will affect their presences in Smash specifically, but maybe this means we could see a revival of Takamaru's and F-Zero's series in the future? Especially the former

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Kirby has the Smash ability in Smash. :awesome:

That only covers his Specials and Nair. EVERYTHING ELSE IS UP FOR GRABS.

@Iblis: Moreso just physical attacks. The specials are diverse enough, I think. His physical attacks need more than Fighter, like Melee Kirby's Fire/Burning dash attack.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hopefully. Although I'm not pleased that the Donkey Kong mini game is based on the Arcade game instead of DKC :/

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Iblis- I'm not sure if their appearances in Nintendo Land will affect their presences in Smash specifically, but maybe this means we could see a revival of Takamaru's and F-Zero's series in the future? Especially the former

Their revivals wouldn't make them more smash viable or at least a stage introduction?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If that falls through, I want to know. Since Nintendo seems to still care about F-Zero and Takamaru do you think they will have stronger place in Smash this time around?
I think with the increase in attention Nintendo has given him, Takamaru's chances for Smash are looking pretty decent, especially since there are no other super likely characters to fit into the retro revival "slot". However I could also see Sakurai picking Mach Rider or someone else as the character he wants to revive, but I think Takamaru is the most likely.

Even though F-Zero is getting a game in Nintendo Land, it doesn't seem like Nintendo wants to do anything else with it right now. I'm just going off what has been announced, there could very well be an F-Zero game in the works. Assuming there isn't, or it isn't going to come out for a while, I can still see F-Zero having a stronger place in Smash this time around simply because it's one of the original franchises in Smash, and unlike Yoshi, it has other characters that are both requested, popular, and would work well. If there is an F-Zero in development, and Sakurai knows about it, I definitely see F-Zero getting more representation in SSB4. Personally I don't view Nintendo Land as boosting it's chances greatly though, unlike with Takamaru.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Yet that's not purely Nintendo though.

There's a reason they have R&D development teams handling the Country series.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would like to remind everyone that what Nintendo does as a whole deosn't neccisarily affect Smash's roster. Simply based off this being the forth installment, and what Sakurai has said I would say that F-Zero and Takamaru have good chances of being recognized this time around. HOWEVER, it's not solely because of NintendoLand. I think their recognition in NL wouldn't do anything other than remind Sakurai that they are still around. I mean, no one is talking about Balloon Fighter being possibly playable simply because his icon showed up in NintendoLand? Why is that? Because of what Sakurai has said on the subject of him being playable. Not what Nintendo is currently doing.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Gotta see what he was saying.

Though its interesting nonetheless to see them promoting valuable assets like Takumaru who wouldn't otherwise have frequent chances to don relevancy.

Like say, the OOT remake

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would like to remind everyone that what Nintendo does as a whole deosn't neccisarily affect Smash's roster. Simply based off this being the forth installment, and what Sakurai has said I would say that F-Zero and Takamaru have good chances of being recognized this time around. HOWEVER, it's not solely because of NintendoLand. I think their recognition in NL wouldn't do anything other than remind Sakurai that they are still around. I mean, no one is talking about Balloon Fighter being possibly playable simply because his icon showed up in NintendoLand? Why is that? Because of what Sakurai has said on the subject of him being playable. Not what Nintendo is currently doing.
You're pretty good.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Iblis: Moreso just physical attacks. The specials are diverse enough, I think. His physical attacks need more than Fighter, like Melee Kirby's Fire/Burning dash attack.
Anything but his dash attack, that thing had the Roy Effect (You're moves are punishable even if you hit somebody)

Maybe another character rep or more than one stage in the modern representation

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Anything but his dash attack, that thing had the Roy Effect (You're moves are punishable even if you hit somebody)

Maybe another character rep or more than one stage in the modern representation
Just the diversity aspect. Like a Uair with Tornado, a Dsmash involving Spark, an Fair involving kicking ice blocks, etc. Diversity is all I'm really looking at here.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I were playing Kirby and the smash gang were bosses, I'd probably be using tornado, electric, or ice

Fighting would not be my number 1 choice

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
New F-Zero character?

Definitely Goroh, although Black Shadow or Pico would be awesome, too

As for a stage, I was gonna suggest that Aeropolis could be the new moving F-Zero stage this time around, but I'm not sure how that would work out

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pretty good point and as a reminder is a good way to put it.

I forgot about Balloon Fighter, personally I'd put him a head of Mach Rider on my personal chances/gut feeling list even before NL.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Just the diversity aspect. Like a Uair with Tornado, a Dsmash involving Spark, an Fair involving kicking ice blocks, etc. Diversity is all I'm really looking at here.
I see, check my lower

If I were playing Kirby and the smash gang were bosses, I'd probably be using tornado, electric, or ice

Fighting would not be my number 1 choice
Word! Maybe we could you know, put the status elements into effect so it's not just pokemon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about Mike being his forward smash, and he has a number of animations for it?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Balloon Fighter would be such an improvised character considering he can only stomp balloons in the game. I wonder if he'd throw ducks, shoot lightning or use any stage hazards as part of his moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom