• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mach Rider also has a moveset in Smash Bros. Crusade. He's essentially a generic fighter, with a Wario-esque bike special, in addition to a rapid-fire gun.
I heard he's just a edited version of Kenshiro from... I guess one of those Jump fighting games.

@Tryphen: Did you even read it? Lol.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Charizard needs to kill of PT, Ivy, and Squirt. And become a full fledged character.

I thought of a similar thing for charizard though. It was sword dance though. I like the idea of him gaining percentage in exchange for a power/range boost.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I Skimmed it... :p

:O
:smirk:

Except Belly Drum is kind of a crappy move on Charizard. What's the point if you'll get anal ***** by Stealth Rocks anyway?
LOL.

Pokemon *****s are sketchy. My friend told me at pokemon tournies they go through your bag and steal your deck. Same goes for Yu-Gi-Oh

*****s need to get sent to the Shadow Realm

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually HATE Stealth Rock.

Why not add a stealth Ice while their at it?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I Skimmed it... :p
I COULD TELL.

I feel like I should make a full Mach Rider moveset sometime, but I also feel like if you need to make a full moveset for a character to convince people, then that character probably isn't very interesting/worth adding.

Charmeleon is the best. I never let him evolve. Also, the Pokemon metagame has gotten so bloated now, that it's pretty much a game of luck. There are sooo many strategies and what not out there, that you CANNOT defend against everything with just six Pokemon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I feel like I should make a full Mach Rider moveset sometime, but I also feel like if you need to make a full moveset for a character to convince people, then that character probably isn't very interesting/worth adding.

That's silly. Take away move talk, and all characters aren't "interesting" additions.

K. Rool on his own is big Crocodile with cataracts and a stupid crown. Roy is a ginger, and Mewtwo is a Mew clone.

They aren't all THAT interesting without getting into HOW they can be interesting.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's silly. Take away move talk, and all characters aren't "interesting" additions.

K. Rool on his own is big Crocodile with cataracts and a stupid crown. Roy is a ginger, and Mewtwo is a Mew clone.

They aren't all THAT interesting without getting into HOW they can be interesting.
Not saying don't talk about moves or what they could do. Just that you can DO THAT without having to write up an entire moveset. If you can't convince someone in a few sentences, then it's not worth going further.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Clones are just Chinese knock offs of better characters put in at the last minute as filler. Of course they will never be interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Still think Mike Jones would be the most unique new addition

WIth his psychic powers, and mighty yoyo and baseball bat

How much more unique can 1 character be>

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not saying don't talk about moves or what they could do. Just that you can DO THAT without having to write up an entire moveset. If you can't convince someone in a few sentences, then it's not worth going further.
Genesect would use his drives. Each beam has different types of effects. He could use things like U-turn, fury swipes, and gyro ball as well. He would be one of the heavier characters.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Genesect would use his drives. Each beam has different types of effects. He could use things like U-turn, fury swipes, and gyro ball as well. He would be one of the heavier characters.
Genesect isn't even close to being able to have his moveset options discussed seriously.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I COULD TELL.
:p

Some Strong Stuff here.

So basically Mike Jones would be a teenager version of Ness?
To some extent I guess. I don't remember what weapons he uses exactly but I do remember that he has a Yo-Yo, Baseball Bat, and a Gun.

@Iblis: Nope.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Zoroark has priority over Genesect as a character when it comes to 5th gen representatives. But at least Genesect can be a Pokeball Pokemon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Genesect isn't even close to being able to have his moveset options discussed seriously.
My point was that interesting is subjective and based a lot on how well the person writes. I can throw together some dazzling sentences and make a character sound awesome, or, write blandly and have no one pay attention.

Also, we're talking about Mach Rider and Balloon fighter. I don't think serious was even going through anyone's mind.

Deoxys, Gensect, all clone material.
Of who?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Break out your martini's, we're about to witness a debate between Zoroark and Victini!

Satire, my friend. A pun on the DNA based creations.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Don't worry, N. Victini support died long ago.

@Shorts: BLAND OR DAZZLING WRITING, YOUR IDEA WILL SHOW NO MATTER HOW STRONG OR WEAK IT IS.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
People supporting Victini are kind of dumb. They're so dumb. Not as dumb as Geno though, but still fairly dumb. Dumb I tell you!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't worry, N. Victini support died long ago.

@Shorts: BLAND OR DAZZLING WRITING, YOUR IDEA WILL SHOW NO MATTER HOW STRONG OR WEAK IT IS.
And yet the way you sell an idea counts almost as much as the item itself. MY POINT.

People supporting Victini are kind of dumb. They're so dumb. Not as dumb as Geno though, but still fairly dumb. Dumb I tell you!
Didn't you say Dixie was a bad choice?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I can throw together some dazzling sentences and make a character sound awesome, or, write blandly and have no one pay attention.
I wish I could do that. I have to write down anything I want to make sound good on paper and then type it up.

Break out your martini's, we're about to witness a debate between Zoroark and Victini!
Nah, Victini died the day SSBF (Fanman?) left back in February, even though he came back, and then left us again after E3.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Victini is dead. It's all down to Zoroark and maybe Genesect/Meloetta. (Depending on if either of them are sold as well as Zoroark was) Plus time is winding down, so even if THEY ARE, it could just be too late.

, it's just that King K. Rool seems more interesting at the moment.
Oh, lol. See? Subjective Oasis. SUBJECTIVE.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Take it easy with the dissension already. I think we've faced enough of that with irrelevant points made today.

YES Shortie, I'm talking about me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
And yet the way you sell an idea counts almost as much as the item itself. MY POINT.
Maybe if you're talking to dummies. We're both fans of dress-up here, but if your idea is bad no dress is going to make it not ugly.

You can try your hardest to make a boring character look interesting, but they're still boring. I freely admit with my idea of how Mach Rider would work, it was just my way of making him seem interesting and not so similar to Falcon. I do not expect at all that he would have a moveset resembling my idea of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom