• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: That doesn't really feel like a sniper rifile...but if that's how Power Stone did sniper rifles, then I shouldn't judge.
Sakurai could implement it slightly differently if he wanted to push such an idea, right now Power Stone is the only idea I have to go off. I think the idea could work.

Dream rosters eh?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yoo, guys, anyone feel like rating my roster? (-l3l-); My "dream roster's" like where I collect most of the characters that would feel most complete of a Nintendo-presentation for Sm4sh.

I need to axe out some characters to make it more realistic-looking in size and representation. I keep Starfy and Toad tho.

/Wolf not in? Because well... he didn't really interest me much. /

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Yoo, guys, anyone feel like rating my roster? (-l3l-); My "dream roster's" like where I collect most of the characters that would feel most complete of a Nintendo-presentation for Sm4sh.

I need to axe out some characters to make it more realistic-looking in size and representation. I keep Starfy and Toad tho.

Axe Roy , put Wolf , I think it's either Krom or Ike and a female protagonist from Fire Emblem (Lyn is highly possible), axe one Snes character put that Takamrou or whatever he's called , axe snake.... it's either Medusa or Palutena and instead put Magnus or
Hades

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would probably cry if this was the roster:
Tasty, although I do wish you would have added a "New" Pokemon character. Tasty nontheless.

@YH, I hate the layout of your roster. I don't know whats what. And I also am not a fan of Impa. But whatevs. I don't see why you would cut wolf but include some of the characters you did. Keep wolf, and cut Louie.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
IkeSama: I might even axe Roy depending is his game very notable in FE-series as a whole. And there's Takamaru. Lip's only SNES retro there, I should axe her?

Medusa, I won't take her out. Seniority (Thanks so much Sakurai for destroying her) and also Magnus or Hades seem pretty much like kicking the first KI out of the continuum in the series. Besides Magnus would be more like an Ike-clone and Hades seems more fit as a boss character. /HE'S TOO BIG!/

Shortie: Buhhh--- I thought the layout looked somehow good! You can see the character's layed out by the genre (retros), series (Mario especially) and what role they have (to some extent, look at Kid Icarus and Metroid, check which place Pit and Samus are, same for Medusa and Ridley)

Anyway, Wolf's prety demanded? (-l´l-); I personally don't see why include Wolf if he would stay as he is. I might even go so far as cut Krystal or even Falco because none bring anything new to SF-representation. (-=_=-)

About Impa, I thought should Sheik be seriously be added again, as in, SS-style. I have nothing against Sheik, but I just wonder why bother with her.

Oh, IkeSama ninja'd me.

King Of The Bugs seems pretty unpopular. /Puts on the list/

I might consider Wolf though if more keep suggesting him. Louie's not like tho.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Tasty, although I do wish you would have added a "New" Pokemon character. Tasty nontheless.

@YH, I hate the layout of your roster. I don't know whats what. And I also am not a fan of Impa. But whatevs. I don't see why you would cut wolf but include some of the characters you did. Keep wolf, and cut Louie.

Impa character can be argued , but why Skyward Sword is different than Twilight ? why do I think Sheik won't be upgraded to Skyward level and Impa is gonna take her place ? it's very simple it depends on the character of Zelda , Zelda in Twilight Princess probably was shiek but the game never showed you that but still you can see how wise and strong Zelda convention is, but the Zelda in Skyward Sword is very cute and she never had the time to learn becoming Sheik, and she was very weak compared to TP and OoT Zelda....that's why she had Impa all the time with her....

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
Here's that Bowser Jr. Moveset I promised.

B-Neutral---Paint Shot---Bowser Jr. uses his paintbrush to fire a ball of paint at his opponent. However, the paint may randomly select a different after-effect. A 1 in 5 chance of catching fire, slowly doing damage for 10 seconds, a 1 in 10 chance of freezing the opponent, and a 1 in 50 of doing 50% damage. It can arch up or shoot forward, depending on how long B is held down. The longer it is held down, the straighter the Paint Shot fires.

B-Side---Sonic Roar---This move is from Mario Strikers Charged. It sends a large sound wave to resonate across the stage. It does moderate damage. More importantly, if used close up, it will stun opponent for about three seconds. It can wake up other players.

B-Up---Koopa Clown Car---Junior’s own personal Koopa Clown Car is being used as his recovery move. It can move in all directions, at about the same speed as R.O.B’s recovery move. It lasts about 5 seconds before it disappears.

B-Down---Paint Trap---Jr. pulls out his paintbrush and leaves a puddle of paint on the ground. When it is walked over, whoever walked over it slips, but there can be after effects. There is a one in ten chance that the victim of the paint trap will get paint on their feet, slowing down their walking speed by quite a bit.

Final Smash---Mecha Bowser---In honor of his father, Bowser Jr. has rebuilt the Mecha Bowser from Super Mario Sunshine.It includes a flamethrower and an endless array of Bullet Bills. When Jr. activates his Final Smash, the Mecha Bowser rises in the background to rain terror on Junior’s foes. He jumps on its head and lets loose a flamethrower by holding down the A-button. With a press of the B-button he can launch a Bullet Bill. You can change the direction the weapons launch. It lasts about 10 seconds before disappearing.

So, opinions?

Cut Kamek, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, Impa, Krom, Medusa, Tingle, Loulie, Lip, Prince Sable, and Shulk.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I wonder why people are against Krom , his game is the most successful in the Series for now......and I'm the biggest Ike fan you'll ever find and my best argument for Ike was Aether but now Krom has it to...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Metal Mania: DIXIE?! WHY THE HECK I SHOULD CUT DIXIE?!

Are you nuts? Shulk's also pretty popular nowadays, Xenoblade's become very popular lately and is critically acclaimed around the world.

Impa and Medusa discussed above. I'll keep Tingle because we need a comic relief character which isn't a clone. /And so you can beat the snot out of him in SMASH :awesome: /

I might cut Prince Sable, but nuh-uh for Takamaru and Lip. Krom too. His game's been so well-selling now. Sheesh.

I consider Kamek and Prince Sable

*Puts Kamek and Sable to cut-list.*

/I seem to negotiate the axing more than asking for them... (-l~l-);/

What you think is a good number for a good roster?

Habanero: KURURIN! COUNT BLECK! demille?!

1027327234328y3881224832828821§+§+2+101023194290343908230835743972q984732843920000001000000/10

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
Metal Mania: DIXIE?! WHY THE HECK I SHOULD CUT DIXIE?!

Are you nuts? Shulk's also pretty popular nowadays, Xenoblade's become very popular lately and is critically acclaimed around the world.

Impa and Medusa discussed above. I'll keep Tingle because we need a comic relief character which isn't a clone. /And so you can beat the snot out of him in SMASH :awesome: /

I might cut Prince Sable, but nuh-uh for Takamaru and Lip. Krom too. His game's been so well-selling now. Sheesh.

I consider Kamek and Prince Sable

*Puts Kamek and Sable to cut-list.*

/I seem to negotiate the axing more than asking for them... (-l~l-);/

What you think is a good number for a good roster?

Habanero: KURURIN!

10/10
Well, I just don't think DK needs four represenatives, but thats just me...

And when it comes to Krom and Shulk, we just have to many sword users ( and in Krom's case, to many blue-haired swordsman.)
Oh yeah, and you have too many retro characters, so that's why you should cut Lip and Takamaru.
But hey, that's just my opinion...

*looks at Habanero*

That boy ain't right...
Just laughed the hardest I have all day, thank you for that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Why wasn't Dixie Kong included as a seperate character after the idea of a tag-team was scrapped? Since Sakurai probably counted Diddy and Dixie seperate like he does with Zelda, Sheik, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and the Pokemon, what difference would it have made if Dixie had been seperate in the first place?
If he didn't add Dixie on her own in Brawl, I can't see why she'd be an immediate priority to add over K. Rool this time around. Although her popularity has skyrocketed since those days, so has that of K. Rool to an even more significant extent.

Plus, her having been planned as a partner for Diddy means little for her chances now. It seems as though Dixie fans inflate her probability quite a bit based on the Forbidden Seven data. Why is she the only non-Mewtwo/Roy cut character with higher chances than those of a more popular character from her own series? You certainly don't see people placing Dr. Mario above Bowser Jr., or Toon Zelda over anyone else...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well, I just don't think DK needs four represenatives, but thats just me...

And when it comes to Krom and Shulk, we just have to many sword users ( and in Krom's case, to many blue-haired swordsman.)
Lol too many swordsmen. Compare people who use fists in this game. Why's that never addressed?

Going on, it could be worse. We'd get more plumbers than bluehaired swordsmen.

D

Deleted member

You're just jealous of my selection of characters, AND my knack for spelling!
I ain't jealous of nothin'.

Now shame on you for not understanding a reference to a great show that died for our sins. (But not in the way you might think.)

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
People need to understand that the Weapon isn't and indicator in SSB. the game isn't Soul Calibur or Fire Emblem where weapon type mattered.... the game is concerned about putting Nintendo characters into endless Brawl having a Sword , blue hair wouldn't matter the least atleast everyone who play smash can read....and Krom=/= Ike or Marth....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The lines between chatter and insanity are rather indistict.

New Topic: Which character's inclucsion would cause you to riot in the street?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If he didn't add Dixie on her own in Brawl, I can't see why she'd be an immediate priority to add over K. Rool this time around. Although her popularity has skyrocketed since those days, so has that of K. Rool to an even more significant extent.

Plus, her having been planned as a partner for Diddy means little for her chances now. It seems as though Dixie fans inflate her probability quite a bit based on the Forbidden Seven data. Why is she the only non-Mewtwo/Roy cut character with higher chances than those of a more popular character from her own series? You certainly don't see people placing Dr. Mario above Bowser Jr., or Toon Zelda over anyone else...
Dixie Kong is the most likely of the Forbidden 7 outside of Mewtwo/Roy because she is the only one of them that actually is a very important character within her own series (though Doc can also be argued) and is actually popularly requested by the Smash Bros. fanbase worldwide.

Also, I am quite anxious about next week. I feel there is a 50% chance we will get a trailer next week with some newcomer confirmations. I am excited for this because Mega Man is the most likely newcomer to be unveiled, and he is my second-most wanted newcomer for Smash 4. Mega Man is only one of two newcomers that I wanted in when Brawl was unveiled (the other being Ridley) that did not get into Brawl.

However, the one character I am crossing my fingers for the most is none other than Ridley. I have been anticipating a playable Ridley in Smash Bros. for over 11 years. For all of this time, Ridley has always been my number one most wanted character for Smash Bros. Practically every character that I wanted in, has gotten in as of Brawl. Really, if Ridley and Mega Man were to be confirmed in a Smash 4 unveil trailer, my most wanted characters for Smash 4 would be Mewtwo and Roy, characters whom have already been playable in Smash Bros.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
People need to understand that the Weapon isn't and indicator in SSB. the game isn't Soul Calibur or Fire Emblem where weapon type mattered.... the game is concerned about putting Nintendo characters into endless Brawl having a Sword , blue hair wouldn't matter the least atleast everyone who play smash can read....and Krom=/= Ike or Marth....
wat

10characters

:phone:

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
The problem is Sakurai is quite unpredictable....he can lose Ike for Krom anyday...and basically Krom will have Ike moves....Krom even have Aether as a Skill....
I just don't think we need Krom AND Ike. Seems redundant too me. I'd rather see Ike over Krom anyday.

Crap, didn't mean too double post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom