• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani

Smash Lord
I've always thought Falco should have the Rocket Launcher as his B-over, because in Assault, his pictures always feature him with it. Plus his B-up could be the Jetpack from Assault too. Wolf is fine IMO, just change his Final Smash.
Falco and Wolf are fine imo, but giving Falco the Jetpack as a new B^ and Wolf the grenades for a new B would be perfecto.

D

Deleted member

Because Bowser Jr. is so lame that he needs a stupid gimmick to stay relevant.
I don't think you know what "relevant" means....
EDIT: If you did, you would realize that Shadow Mario is pretty much the OPPOSITE of relevant.

D

Deleted member

@MetalMania:
The main reason why not to use Shadow Mario is simply because Jr. doesn't need it.
Whatever Shadow Mario can do, Jr. can do himself, since it's the paintbrush that gives him his power, not the transformation. The transformation was simply to disguise himself and frame Mario.
All Jr. really needs is the paintbrush. Then Shadow Mario is obsolete.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Habenero, who needs your opinion? Anyway, the roster looks great, new guy. In fact, that looks like a real one. Just replace MR with Takamaru, and you're fine. Also, how do you put slides on this site or a different site. I wanna share my roster.

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
@MetalMania:
The main reason why not to use Shadow Mario is simply because Jr. doesn't need it.
Whatever Shadow Mario can do, Jr. can do himself, since it's the paintbrush that gives him his power, not the transformation. The transformation was simply to disguise himself and frame Mario.
All Jr. really needs is the paintbrush. Then Shadow Mario is obsolete.

Hmmm...Fair enough, I'd need to rework the moveset I made for them. Perhaps I could combine the best points of both of them into one great character. I'll be sure to post it here whwn I'm done.

Edit: Anybody care to teach me how to Multiquote, I've needed to use it a couple of times, but I have no clue how to use it. Thanks!

D

Deleted member

All I do is respond to someone, copy the entire post, delete it, quote someone else and respond to them, then paste my previous repsonse above it. And repeat until I've said all I needed to say. :awesome:
Takes more work, but I at least know it works.

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
All I do is respond to someone, copy the entire post, delete it, quote someone else and respond to them, then paste my previous repsonse above it. And repeat until I've said all I needed to say. :awesome:
Takes more work, but I at least know it works.
I couldn't find the Delete Post option anywhwere. I can find it on Serebii forums, but not here....

D

Deleted member

I couldn't find the Delete Post option anywhwere. I can find it on Serebii forums, but not here....
No no no...not "delete post".
I mean, instead of actually posting the response, I copy it, then delete it (with backspace), then quote someone else after going back a page.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
We don´t have the option to delete a post on smashboards...

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
No no no...not "delete post".
I mean, instead of actually posting the response, I copy it, then delete it (with backspace), then quote someone else after going back a page.

Brilliant. Let me try this.

We don´t have the option to delete a post on smashboards...
No wonder I couldn't find it then :p

Hey! It worked! Thanks GoldenYuiitusin!

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
So, I've been thinking. I'd like to see Little Mac in Sm4sh, but does he really have that much moveset potential besides his A-Moves. The only special move I could think of would be his B-up could an uppercut that could launch him into the air.

EDIT: Yay, 100th post!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, I've been thinking. I'd like to see Little Mac in Sm4sh, but does he really have that much moveset potential besides his A-Moves. The only special move I could think of would be his B-up could an uppercut that could launch him into the air.

EDIT: Yay, 100th post!
He could use the moves of other Punch Out boxers as inspiration like Ryan's Glove on a rope or Ball Bull's charge.

And We all know what his Final Smash would be: GIGA MAC!

Edit: Woo! 50!

D

Deleted member

Well, I've already figured that B would be his infamous Star Punch, and you have to charge it with Stars. Haven't really thought about how this system would work, though.

Up B, I thought could take a cue from Aran Ryan and his boxing glove on a rope trick. So essentially, a tether recovery.

Down B, while probably a stupid idea, I feel could be the headgear, where he puts it on, and temporarily has increased knockback resistance and takes less damage from attacks.

Side B, I've pondered this for quite a bit. I feel he should "borrow" one of his boxing opponent's techniques, like the Bull Charge or Clothesline Trio. Hell, maybe even the Dreamland Express. Just nothing that doesn't fit his body type, like the Hippo Hug or anything that wouldn't make sense for him, like the Mirage Dance.
Though the Bull Charge would be best IMO, since Bald Bull is frigging iconic.

But that's just what I think.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
King K. Rool has a better chance then Dixie Kong, mostly due to being a generally more requested character and offers something different from Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. Plus more villains in the roster never hurts.
Also, Dixie wont get in before K. Rool.
Sakurai begs to differ, you know, with Dixie being planned for Brawl and K. Rool not. Unless Sakurai didn't see Dixie functioning without Diddy, I would say Dixie is probably one of our best shot characters. (Same with K. Rool though TBH)

But I personally would bet Dixie over K. Rool based on the forbidden seven junk.

I'm still a proponent that if Snake gets the boot, then Wolf's specials should mirror Star Fox: Assault utilizing grenades, a rocket launcher and mines. Up special is fine as is, only needs to function better.
I agree. I don't want him to "Take over" Snake's moveset, but I think he could use some of those weapons instead. Maybe Falco could too, even. I have a dream that Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal could all play uniquely.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
In all reality, Dixie makes more sense as a tag-team with Kiddy. DK could get a more iconic moveset having to do with barrels, while Kiddy can get his moveset, Dixie with moves including her hair and agility and...boom. Perfect DKC representation.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I've always thought Falco should have the Rocket Launcher as his B-over, because in Assault, his pictures always feature him with it. Plus his B-up could be the Jetpack from Assault too. Wolf is fine IMO, just change his Final Smash.
See since Wolf is the heavier of the three it would make sense for him to have the heavier artillery. Falco could use a sniper rifle.

I definitely agree about the Final Smash. Wolf Landmaster was a lazy cop out.

I agree. I don't want him to "Take over" Snake's moveset, but I think he could use some of those weapons instead. Maybe Falco could too, even. I have a dream that Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal could all play uniquely.
Yeah, the rest of Wolf is fine, but I have always had this desire to see Wolf's specials reflect Assault's weaponry. Of course seeing Solid Snake's moveset forced me to realize that was not going to happen, but if he's gone then there is a sliver of hope my childhood fantasy might be realized, what, eight years later?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Kiddy seems bit unnecessary, he felt like some replacement for DK. I say let Dixie be alone. (-l3l-);

And Falco better get Arwing this time as his FS since he personally prefers the air so much.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How would a sniper rifile translate into Smash?
I could see it functioning similarly to the sniper rifle in Power Stone. Granted, it is a different game, but I could see the mechanics of that weapon working the same in Smash Bros. Basically Falco would stop for a minute and let out one swift and powerful shot. Catch is he has to stay still and it takes some time to fire. Nothing overly violent. Power Stone is a great example of how gun items can be cartoonish without being gory. If I could make a video illustrating that I probably would.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My personal roster of ultimate dreams.

For a dream roster, I don't think it's too nutso, besides the amount of course.

And good luck Star, you're fighting the battle I fought with Jill Valentine 4Smash. (Still prefer her over Megaman)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Calling bull****. Esp because SEGA, HAL, and Konami are listed at the bottom.

Cool though.

That's absolutely fake. The background animation is using footage from Metroid: Other M's E3 trailer and the music is from some movie.
Was waiting for someone to recognize the background.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's absolutely fake. The background animation is using footage from Metroid: Other M's E3 trailer and the music is from some movie.

D

Deleted member

When I asked that question, I meant more on the order of "how it would work".
@Star: That doesn't really feel like a sniper rifile...but if that's how Power Stone did sniper rifles, then I shouldn't judge.
@lordvaati: That would be something on the order of a heat-seeking shot.

yani

Smash Lord
Sakurai begs to differ, you know, with Dixie being planned for Brawl and K. Rool not. Unless Sakurai didn't see Dixie functioning without Diddy, I would say Dixie is probably one of our best shot characters. (Same with K. Rool though TBH)
It also is possible that he may use the tag team concept for Dixie/Kiddy instead, so she does have a lot going in her favor.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Fire Emblem Awakening , destroy every dream for Caeda.....there better protagonist in the new one and Krom is basically awesome and very popular now, and Roy hopefully he will be included but Roy over Ike ? I don't think so, it seems intelligent System is pushing for Ike more than other lords , you can consider Ike is on par with Marth in their vision and specially Ike>Roy for being globally known for his games (Roy game was Japanese only and Sakurai nearly removed the Fire Emblem characters from the global versions just for being exclusive to japan, so expect Sakurai to run around and choose lords that are more globally recognized)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Fire Emblem Awakening , destroy every dream for Caeda.....there better protagonist in the new one and Krom is basically awesome and very popular now, and Roy hopefully he will be included but Roy over Ike ? I don't think so, it seems intelligent System is pushing for Ike more than other lords , you can consider Ike is on par of Marth in their vision and specially Ike>Roy for being globally known for his games (Roy game was Japanese only and nearly removed the Fire Emblem characters from the global versions just for being exclusive to japan, so expect Sakurai to run around and choose lords that are more globally recognized)
Shut up. It's a dream roster so it's always the best.

D

Deleted member

While what that guy said about Sakurai saying that it was tag or nothing with Dixie was lying, I feel he could be on to something.

Why wasn't Dixie Kong included as a seperate character after the idea of a tag-team was scrapped? Since Sakurai probably counted Diddy and Dixie seperate like he does with Zelda, Sheik, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and the Pokemon, what difference would it have made if Dixie had been seperate in the first place?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Shut up. It's a dream roster so it's always the best.

Chill out man :), I'm not criticizing I'm just laying out facts...for me a dream Roster will include World of Warcraft characters and Soul Calibur characters , but I know such roster far from being true....I even want to replace Marth with
Lucina
but I don't think it's possible , I don't want Ike removed but Krom seems to be very suitable for Ike spot....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom