• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I still say that Sukapon deserves the revival treatment, even if Sakurai is so iffy about the subject.

Wait a minute...

Sukapon
Sakurai

Doesn't both names sound kind of similar?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd love a joy mech fight reboot

If I was better in flash, I'd make one myself. In all seriousness

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Have you read Chu's blog? That, AND the whole Snake in Sega All stars really pushed my already leaning suspicion that 3rd parties weren't going to happen.
Yeah I read it and commented on it (on this thread), but I'm still going to stay neutral on 3rd parties. For as I've said before, who the heck knows.

I do remember that Sega All Stars Racing interview that mentioned Mario. Kind of a dumb move by them IMO, seeing that Racing is better than the Olympics. But I don't think that applies to Smash just yet, mostly because Smash suprisingly wasn't mentioned and both Brawl and the original Olympics came out around the same time. I think it can be taken either way.

EDIT: Wait, you meant Snake and Sony All Stars. lol

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Third-parties can pretty much be summed up like this:

"It's a hard process to include them and some weren't sure if it should be done, but IN THE END they were great additions that added a lot to the game."

Can't a guy say something is difficult without people thinking it was some hellish, regretful experience that will never be done again. I guess we won't have any Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon characters either since he's said "negative" things about their inclusion too.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Third-parties can pretty much be summed up like this:

"It's a hard process to include them and some weren't sure if it should be done, but IN THE END they were great additions that added a lot to the game."
Pretty much what I've been trying to Say, only Stronger.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Does anyone know the average roster size for handheld fighters?
All 35 SSFIV characters are in the 3D version.
Tekken 3D: Prime Edition has All 41 characters from Tekken 6

there isn't really an average... it's based on the characters of the series, the limitations of the system, the storyline of the edition, fan demand, and what have you... a handheld game is usually outputted at a lower UV template (3-Dimensional polygonal models, not sprites) so more can be put in the game... it doesn't mean much since you are looking at a small screen anyways, but at least you get all the characters and content you want.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Spice it up however you like Oasis, they're still just Non-Nintendo characters who are a pain in the *** to deal with. And he doesn't sound too thrilled by the thought of adding them again.

Is that quote from Sakurai

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
In fact, I actually think it's a miracle that we got Smash Bros. and all the Nintendo characters to work together in the first place. Especially when you bring Pokemon into the mix and a lot of the complications that are caused by that being an almost completely different entity on its own, it's really something.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174797p1.html

My contribution.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Spice it up however you like Oasis, they're still just Non-Nintendo characters who are a pain in the *** to deal with.
A lot of things are a pain in the *** but you do them anyway because they're WORTH IT. When developing a thing like Smash, what WOULDN'T be a pain in the ***.

"**** that balancing crap."

And he doesn't sound too thrilled by the thought of adding them again.

Is that quote from Sakurai
Because SmashChu said Sakurai said "It's not impossible," right? If Sakurai had phrased what he said in a way that could be read "It's possible Capcom characters could appear," I think you know what that would imply, or at least what everyone would think it implied.

And no I wasn't quoting Sakurai, silly gooslebutt.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And no I wasn't quoting Sakurai, silly gooslebutt.
Oh, that's funny because I was.

Just remember, your mom has said a lot of things are "possible", and Im sure they never bloomed. Like that horse you wanted. Or that time you asked for a dress for you birthday. Or when you thought she bought you a Wii for easter. It was "possible"

But so is me kissing ladies.

At the end of the day though, you can look at the quotes however you want. We will just have to see who is right.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I didn't get that dress for my birthday because she knows how picky I am and it's hard to guess sizes, so, y'know, she gave me money to get it myself instead. SO I MEAN, in an indirect way I got it for my birthday.

SO SHUT UP, you don't know anything.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Remember when I asked you to make a tier list of the major contending newcomers? It was based off who you think was most likely, or something. I wanna see that again, so if you feel like whipping that up quickly sometime tonight, Shorts would be pleased.
Not happening tonight. Going to have to work on that some other day. I've already had something in mind, but I just cannot justify the effort to do it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Let's just wait and see what Sakurai does. He doesn't always keep his promises, and we're not exactly the minority on what happens. So whatever happens, happens.

Also in other news, I've changed my roster.

[COLLAPSE="Opinions are painful"]

Sheriff is still the best character.[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

I haven't been following Kakusei at all, but is it true that Krom uses electricity in his sword like Roy uses fire? Someone told me that he does.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I haven't been following Kakusei at all, but is it true that Krom uses electricity in his sword like Roy uses fire? Someone told me that he does.
Not from what I've seen nor have read.

That would be cool none the less. Although, that does take away from some of the ideas I had for Samurai Goroh...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If he's replaced by Dillion, i'd be ok with it...I guess
Except I can't see Dillon playing exactly like Sonic since he's not a fast runner. I still think turning his roll into a command dash (think Yoshi's Side B, but no damage) would be a great idea.

That reminds me. I'm thinking Toad doesn't need a turnable Toad Rush. I think a forward rush kind of like Sonic's spinning moves is something more suitable and leaves room for another move.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Fan Favorite: King K. Rool
Nostalgia: Little Mac, Takamaru, Lip or Muddy Mole
Female: Krystal
Main: Isaac
3rd Party: Mega Man

And for those who don't know already, the version 3.0 of the Roster Maker is now available. Use this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320445 to download it and to give your thoughts.
For some odd reason when I try to open Roster Maker after I downloaded it, the Norton Anti-Virus keeps *****ing about it being unsafe and deletes the program. Probably it is being too overprotective.

Jakor

Smash Ace
For some odd reason when I try to open Roster Maker after I downloaded it, the Norton Anti-Virus keeps *****ing about it being unsafe and deletes the program. Probably it is being too overprotective.
Yeah, probably. There must surely be an option to reduce the security level for that. I personally use Avast as my anti-virus.

You can always search on google to find a solution. Maybe this will help: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/pfdocs/199829164436

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
D

Deleted member

I think Oasis_S basically summed up the third-party situation with this:
Whenever or not it does happen remains to be said, but like Sakurai stated himself, it's worth it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How about we stop dragging up old quotes. There's one week to go until Ninty's E3 conference. I doubt Smash Bros will appear on stage but at the very least we'll get a breakdown of new changes. I wonder if they'll add stuff like tag battles?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's just wait and see what Sakurai does. He doesn't always keep his promises, and we're not exactly the minority on what happens. So whatever happens, happens.

I just wanted to give my thoughts on the roster, in my opinion.

[COLLAPSE="Opinions!"]

-This is just a minor thing, but you should move Bowser under Toad so he's with the Mario series. Mii can go somewhere else pretty easily. Just a minor subjective thought.

-Toon Link shouldn't go. Sakurai stated that he likes to have two versions of Link: the adult that the fans like, and the child, which he feels is the "true" Link. If you want a link (lol pun) just ask.

-With Kid Icarus, Sakurai said that he does not plan to do more of it after Uprising. With this, I think he may be apprehensive of adding many Kid Icarus characters. Magnus is in, in my opinion, a worse situation due to him only being in Uprising. Medusa, for example, is at least more important to the series as a whole. Not to mention Sakurai is wary about adding too many of his own creations, which Magnus falls under. He has the deck stacked against him. Even then, I'd only bet on 1 new KI rep.

-I'd replace Pulseman with a Pokemon. I see what you were trying to do, but one thing stands in Pulseman's way: he only appeared on Sega systems, not Nintendo. That alone makes him ineligible. With Pokemon, why not re-add Lucario, for example? He's still pretty popular.

-I personally don't see a reason for Ike to leave, but eh, to each his own.

-Louie isn't exactly the best choice. In Pikmin 2, he literally did the same things as Olimar. Not to mention that was in 2004. Pikmin 3 should be shown at E3 hopefully, so maybe it will change my mind. Perhaps you could play on the "King of Bugs" thing.

-I'd change Matthew for Isaac. He's more popular and is more of the "face" of the series.

-Matthew, Little Mac, Starfy, Dillon and Shulk for miscellaneous. Pretty good, minus Matthew for Isaac.

-Muddy, Sable, Sukapon, Mach Rider, and Sheriff. Quite a lot of retros. I'd say axe a few of them. Mainly, can you give me a reason for Sheriff? Nice job with Muddy though.:cool:

-Axe Primid. Sakurai doesn't want to overrep himself. Plus, many had negative views on Primid and the SSE as a whole. Why should he be remembered by being a playable character? The lack of Nintendo enemies was one of the SSE's biggest drawbacks.

On the plus side, other choices you made were great. Goroh, Toad, K. Rool, Ridley, Mii, Palutena, Muddy... just a few rough patches here and there.

[/COLLAPSE]

I dunno, maybe take this into account?

JPW

Smash Ace

You're going to cut Ike just to replace him with Roy?

Ike is more FE then Roy will ever be. And some fans do want Rambo Ike in the next one.... like me!

I hated Roy. Marth was the better one and still is. And besides Marth, Ike is the only person to be the main in 2 FE games. Roy doesn't count because you didn't use him in Fe7 he was only part of the end story.

So Ike has more of chance returning than Roy does. Sad for you.... but true.

I also reckon 3rd party characters will return. I can see Konami begging for Snake to be in it again. Sega will want another piece of the pie and i'm pretty sure Capcom will try and get one of their characters in. Capcom and Nintendo are like best buddies as of late.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think Roy's chances are nil but there's no chance they'd drop Ike for him. Chances are if Roy is coming back he's gonna be Luigified big time (we need to start using that word again, Luigified).

I'd think the FE reps would be Marth, Ike and whoever the latest protagonist is.

D

Deleted member

I seriously doubt Ike is going to get cut. As far as I'm concern, it's between Roy and Krom for the third spot.

The only cuts I could see happening are Sonic, Snake, Lucario, and Toon Link. I don't think the latter two will go, but I think Sonic and Snake are getting the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom