• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm sorry, I have failed.

Now, I need to go make out with guys to recharge my gayness.

Yes, it works like that

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
By the way your location reminds me that the Exo-tank in Uprising should have been called the Exodash... Exodasher...?

Oh, and the Magnus Club should be an item in Sm4sh.

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: I think this would be an ideal roster:
In celebration of Jakor's new version, here's a roster that I think would be best for Smash 4 (56 characters, transformation included):

Below the final roster are the alternatives I laid down. Toad can be switched with Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario, Meloetta can be switched for Zoroark, Victini, Genesect, or 6th gen, Roy can be switched out for Krom, and Duck Hunt Dog can be switched out for Mach Rider for people who would prefer a different Mario/Pokemon/Fire Emblem/retro rep.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know, I have a feeling there won't be any third party characters. At least Snake and Sonic won't make it if Sakurai is truly emphasizing the whole "guest" thing. Hence my last list created lacked any third parties.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
so... does that mean if you stop making out with guys... you become Bi? and then eventually straight?
Yes, I'm in the early stages of Bisexuality D: Someone kiss me quick.

....SSBF? ;)

Bahaha, anyways. Yeah, i think that that is an almost ideal roster. Not on a personal level, but I think the majority would be happy with that roster. Personally? I would rather have Ghirahim/Tingle, Waddle Dee, and another "fun" addition than nay of that third party junk. But I think you have the "ideal" universal roster right there.

You know, I have a feeling there won't be any third party characters. At least Snake and Sonic won't make it if Sakurai is truly emphasizing the whole "guest" thing. Hence my last list created lacked any third parties.
I'm actually betting against all third parties at this point.

D

Deleted member

more people are embracing my ideals of a no guest roster? awesome!
I'd rather have that over just Sonic and Snake returning (which IMO, sounds really dull and I would rather they get rid of third-parties if they're just going to rehash them). But ultimately, I would much prefer for Mega Man or Geno to be in.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well yes. If the roster was plagued by every third party in the book, it would kind of defeat the purpose of Super Smash Bros. as a Nintendo crossover. Sure Snake and Sonic did add some charm to Brawl, but that magic will quickly turn into one big sell out that will eventually lead to a generally more poor quality product If too many people jump on the bandwagon. Not to mention getting third parties in the first place was a miracle in itself, something that Sakurai himself laments about.

It's like adding spice to a stew. You can make a tasty stew even more delicious with spices, but too much can make it disgusting to the pallet.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Here's the thing, Smash bros is a Nintendo game. So it's safe to say, all the Smash fans are fans of Nintendo. You can't say all Smash fans are fans of Sonic/Snake/Sega/Konami ect. It only makes sense to add Nintendo characters, for the Nintendo fans, to a Nintendo game.

Plus, Sakurai doesn't seem down for 3rd Parties, and he's stated that they're a big *** hassell, and insiders of Nintendo don't like the idea of them being in Smash.

So yay, 13- 15 newcomers, plus ones to replace Sonic and Snake... all from Nintendo games <3

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Dillon will replace Sonic and Mach Rider will replace Snake. A decent trade off in my opinion.
Bonus points if there is a huge backlash if it actually happens.

:denzel:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sorry for the comparison, but Geno supporters are like bronies.

They know why they like Geno[MLP], and they have to endure harsh disrespect from haters.

One thing about the haters[both bronies and Geno], they don't have enough reason to dislike.

"Blablablah I hate the fandom" - Yeah, very mature.

[Yup, I'm a proud Geno supporter]

EDIT: Oh, look! I'm a Smash Ace!
This is actually pretty accurate, though I'm coming from the opposite side of the spectrum as you are as far as the comparison. The similarities are actually a bit surprising.

On the topic at hand, honestly, if I had to get rid of two characters, they would be the third parties. Because, at the end of the day, it IS a Nintendo game. I wouldn't be too upset if they got cut, though I wouldn't want them to.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
they are our ideals, smart arse... in this thread's predecessor, i still held those ideals while at the same time promoting Mega Man X... i never wanted the two guests returning and i felt that if we had to have a guest, it should be Mega Man X.

D

Deleted member

Dillon will replace Sonic and Mach Rider will replace Snake. A decent trade off in my opinion.
Bonus points if there is a huge backlash if it actually happens.

:denzel:
If Sonic and Snake are cut, I seriously doubt they're going to receive replacements. They'll just be cut, plain and simple.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is actually pretty accurate, though I'm coming from the opposite side of the spectrum as you are as far as the comparison. The similarities are actually a bit surprising.

On the topic at hand, honestly, if I had to get rid of two characters, they would be the third parties. Because, at the end of the day, it IS a Nintendo game. I wouldn't be too upset if they got cut, though I wouldn't want them to.
Since when did MLP die for our sins?

And raise into the heavens and promise to be back one day?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
3rd Parties do have their benefits though, so it's one of those big hassle, big pay off things.

Thank you. I think that once you play these characters and learn their moves, you’ll realize how they differ from other characters. Ultimately, they account for characteristics that can’t be obtained simply by increasing the number of Nintendo characters. I was even able to go all-out with their showy performances.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You're absolutely right. Motorcycles are highly silent vehicles maximized for ultimate stealth action in even the most dangerous of situations. They also have cup holders!
There are Ninja Motorcycles

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i really want to draw the Mach Rider now for some reason... however... i have since weened myself from fan art... so if i do draw this, i will consider it an original character (since mach rider doesn't really have a modern look)

awesome remix!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tvgqcicQQU

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386
I really hope that keep some of the cool unique characters that appeared in brawl such as rob and pit

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nice try,

But if you were to stack up the chips, its pretty clear the negative comments would out weigh the positive ones. (Coming from Sakurai specifically)

He doesn't seem interested in third parties..
But I put up a better argument than Golden though, right?

D

Deleted member

You call that the gay list?!

Where is Thanatos? Where is Tingle? Where is Saki? Where is Mewtwo? Where in the hell is Geno!? And most importantly, where is Pac-man? You cannot make a gay list without the king of all homosexuals. He eats balls all the time and he's a cross dresser!

You did NOT just call Mewtwo gay....

Also, can't say Saki is gay since he banged a girl and had a son. :troll:
Or Tingle, since he has had sex with a female in Rupeeland. :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You go right ahead.

I think everyone could use a bit of a Snicker.
Adding characters from other series and from other worlds, really, outside the Nintendo universe, is an incredibly difficult process. In some ways it's more difficult from just building a game from the ground up because you're really trying to make everything match and in some ways that creates limitations.

hope that people can understand that's the reason we can't include more characters from outside the Nintendo universe.
But there are also problems because having these non-traditional characters in there -- even with just Snake and Sonic -- has resulted in a number of people who do dissent in seeing these characters put into the Smash series
Internally and externally, there have been people who have raised objections to it.
The big problem, though, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a completely different universe to fit with the style that has been dictated by Nintendo's characters in a fighting game. In fact, I actually think it's a miracle that we got Smash Bros. and all the Nintendo characters to work together in the first place. Especially when you bring Pokemon into the mix and a lot of the complications that are caused by that being an almost completely different entity on its own, it's really something.
The only "hopeful" things he has said on the matter:

I can't say that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that some Capcom character could appear in the next Smash Bros.
And, of course, I believe that when you increase the number of worlds, you're also increasing the number of people who could potentially enjoy that videogame and the series that you're putting in there
Where's my prize?

Habenerororor should watch what he says, I don't think Gatlin would like him calling gays the abomination of society.

D

Deleted member

Silly Psycho, Twix are for kids. :troll:

Anyways, going off on past discussion of Retros that Sakurai may want to revive, I still say Mach Rider has the biggest shot, since Sakurai said that he was his favorite character for "Smash 2". (And because Takamaru was already sort of "revived" with Samurai Warriors 3.)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm postive now that 3rd parties are a mixed bag in both speculation and execution in-game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm postive now that 3rd parties are a mixed bag in both speculation and execution in-game.
Have you read Chu's blog? That, AND the whole Snake in Sega All stars really pushed my already leaning suspicion that 3rd parties weren't going to happen.

The idea of third party characters is not going to go away.
Of course the IDEA won't. But as soon as the roster is finalized, that's that. It's either third parties or not. The IDEA, like all ideas, will live on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom