• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Here's the exact quote from Nintendo Power about Sakurai's next possible retro revival. I was looking for it for a while.

Nintendo Power said:
NP: As a big fan of classic games, are there any other long-dormant franchises or characters that you'd like to bring back?

Sakurai: If there were such a character, I might be planning it's revival for the next Smash Bros. game. Maybe I have someone in mind?
You know, you could probably say that I'm the best in the world when it comes to giving second acts to classic video game characters. That's mostly due to Smash Bros., and now I can't believe that I'm doing the same thing with Kid Icarus!
I'm thinking whatever character he has in mind is from the NES days. Although I guess SNES or early Gameboy could be possible too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would want to think it would be Mole Mania. Dual Screens for the above and below ground areas would be perfect.

I'd say either Mach Rider: Unchained, Mole Mania: 3Dirt, or Murasame Castle: Revenge of the Samurai

Albeit with better names:awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What if he rebooted Star Fox and added Krystal. subSpaceShip.

@Neonkid: Oh thank you. So cool, Mach Rider confirmed.
But it sounds like Retro has StarFox, so I figured pretty much F-Zero made the most sense considering everyone has been expecting a remake since forever. And Sakurai DID make Kirby Air Ride, no?

Also, Bi curious Roy 4 Smash.

[COLLAPSE="PSH"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm thinking through the first revealed characters for Brawl

Meta Knight: Fan favorite
Pit: Returning with a bang
Zamus: huminahuminahuminahumina
Wario: Main character conspicuasly absent from previous games.
Snake: Third party.

If we use this templete what do you think will fit

Fan Favorite:
Nostalga
Female:
Main:
Third Party:

Me

Fan Favorite: Mewtwo
Nostalga: Little Mac
Female: Palutena/Krystal
Main: I'll say Ridley cause no one else comes to mind Scratch that, Shulk of Xenoblade
Third Party: Mega Man
I'd have to guess...

Fan Favorite: Ridley
Nostalgia: Little Mac
Female: Palutena
Main: Starfy
3rd Party: ???

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mach Rider 3DS could make use of the gyro controls. Turning to the tunes of that theme. You'd have to lean with the 3DS too, to keep the 3D effect. ADDS TO THE EFFECT OF MOTORBIKE RIDING.

Did Toise say to make a Toise Wager on the trailer picks?

Ridley
Mii
Palutena
Little Mac
...Mega Man too I guess.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nostalgia: Takamaru/Mach Rider (whoever Sakurai's new revival character is)
Main: Little Mac
Third Party: Megaman

Whoever ends up in the first trailer, I think Sakurai will want to appease popular demand and hype worldwide, which is why I think if Ridley and/or Little Mac end up being revealed, a character that is also fairly popular in Japan (Takamaru, Shulk, etc.) will also be revealed.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just wish that after the reveal it gets better from there. I just hope my only wished newcomer I get is Dixie Kong (and Palutena). Unless Sakurai's that easy to predict. /No Toad, Starfy, Lip or Saki for obvious reasons/

D

Deleted member

I think the revival character Sakurai's talking about is either Mach Rider or Takamaru, both of whom I can see him doing a lot with.

@Oasis_S: Toise made a wager on which game Retro was going to reveal. I'm saying new IP.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Maybe the Samurai Blade being Sakurai's favorite weapon in Uprising is a HINT.

Also Toise should have a wager on everything.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Takamaru would be interesting in terms of cosmetics I suppose, but he would need a bit of diversity to separate himself from other sword wielding characters.

Speaking of swords, anyone think that maybe the next game might have too many sword wielders in the game? We have stuff like Krom, Magnus, Saki, Issac, Samurai Goroh, Takamaru, Roy, and Shulk as potential newcomers (or returning in Roy's case) and we have Link, Marth, Ike, Meta Knight, and Toon/Child Link as potential returning characters (or guaranteed in Link's case). Of course this is all hypothetical, but still worth a brief thought.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Fan Favorite: Bowser Jr.
Nostalgia: Ridley
Main: Mii
3rd Party: Crash Bandicoot idk

@Mario & Sonic guy:
Nice avatar.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Takamaru would be interesting in terms of cosmetics I suppose, but he would need a bit of diversity to separate himself from other sword wielding characters.

Speaking of swords, anyone think that maybe the next game might have too many sword wielders in the game? We have stuff like Krom, Magnus, Issac, Samurai Goroh, Takamaru, Roy, and Shulk as potential newcomers (or returning in Roy's case) and we have Link, Marth, Ike, Meta Knight, and Toon/Child Link as potential returning characters (or guaranteed in Link's case) . Of course this is all hypothetical, but still worth a brief thought.
What a jerk. Putting Magnus over Saki.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In all seriousness I'm not worried even if we have all of those sword users because they would all be pretty diverse as sword-wielders. Though I don't know much about how Krom fights. And I doubt Magnus would be playable anyway. AND I hope Roy would be decloned.

Doubt Isaac would even use his sword enough to call him a sword-user. Kind of carries an "exclusive" connotation to it.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Okay, I can play this game:

Nostalgia: Lil' Mac [even though his series already returned]
Main: Isaac
3rd Party: Mega Man

Dazzit.

EDIT: Also, heard about the fake Sakurai's Twitter news. Bummer. But at least it got me more excited for the E3 even though there might not be any SSB.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
why is everyone doing these? ah whatever...

Fan Favorite: Little Mac
Nostalgia: Lip
Female: Captain Syrup
Main: Peach Claus
3rd Party: Mega Man X

dunno if i even did that right...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think I sparked something with this.

I wonder what category the Mii would be though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How do you mean?

I tend to group the Mii with R.O.B. and G&W as characters that represent hardware. Though their series would be the Wii series.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai states that Mii's have an innocent charm that would be ruined if they were in a fighting game like Super Smash Bros. In other words, no Mii's. He also applied this to Animal Crossing characters.

That and Mii's personally annoyed me in Mario Kart Wii.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sounds like you're thinking of the Villager.
And let's remember that the Mii's are the Mii's and Sakurai probably didn't realize HOW BIG they were going to be/are now. I mean, they lived passed the Wii years and now are on the Wii/3DS/Wii U. And they have expanded much much beyond their silly "Mii" channel on the Wii.

The Mii's really scream "connectivity", which, is what this new Smash is all about right?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It's not even just with Mii's, user-created avatars in general are a big thing now with new consoles

So, it's pretty safe to assume that Mii's will be in Smash some sort of way, even if they aren't playable

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, when Brawl was in the development stage, Miis had, like, Wii Sports and Wii Play. He had no idea how huge they'd become. Now they're in everything. Even less "innocent things." Heck, they BOXED in their FIRST. GAME. Not to mention Swordplay in things like Wii Sports Resort.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How do you mean?

I tend to group the Mii with R.O.B. and G&W as characters that represent hardware. Though their series would be the Wii series.
Speaking of which...is there a single character that could represent the 64 and Gamecube hardware? Just curious.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
And let's remember that the Mii's are the Mii's and Sakurai probably didn't realize HOW BIG they were going to be/are now. I mean, they lived passed the Wii years and now are on the Wii/3DS/Wii U. And they have expanded much much beyond their silly "Mii" channel on the Wii.

The Mii's really scream "connectivity", which, is what this new Smash is all about right?
What did he say about Miis anyway. Something about theme being associated with casual games and not wanting Smash to be grouped with those.

PRETTY FUNNY if you ask me. It's not like Smash is meant to be competitive.

@Opossum: The Hey You, Pikachu! microphone would represent the N64.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That right there would solve all of the debate on Pokemon representatives. :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Miis

Of course, I think there was a possibility of taking Smash Bros. in a more casual-gaming direction. For example, we could make the art style simpler or make it possible to use Miis. However, with the various titles that the Wii was to offer, I felt that people were looking for something different. That’s the reason I decided in very early stages of development that the Wii pointer and motion movements would not be a primary feature of the game.
10chars

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My boyfriend had no idea Smash Bros Brawl existed. He's one of the lucky ones.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom