• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
[By the way, this picture is what I envision John doing all the time.]
I still insist Sakurai to make Rover and Anna from FE to meet and be the guides for Sm4sh. (-l<>l-)

But indeed, it was a fake. At least this thread was being pretty populated again, which hasn't happened for some time. (-l3l-)

[collapse=BTW guys, remember that tweet I made for Sakurai now but left it? Someone decided to answer to it...]

It would lead to this pic again.[/collapse]

Anywhoo, moving on.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I guess I'll go do a roster too.

EDIT: Done.

My personal dream roster. (-=3=-<)

EDIT: Whoops, I dunno why I made Diddy unlockable. (-l~l-);; Might just have slipped up there.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I still insist Sakurai to make Rover and Anna from FE to meet and be the guides for Sm4sh. (-l<>l-)
I would actually like this. I'd love to see NPCs make appearances outside of the usual. Anna would make for a great online Smash interface.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I've always suggested that NPCs could have roles in Adventure Mode in the form of side quests

Random thought, how about the ability to unlock/choose different announcers? Like, instead of the default voice, we could have Tikal from Sonic Adventure as the announcer, the F-Zero TV newsguy from F-Zero FX, or Slippy? lol

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I've always suggested that NPCs could have roles in Adventure Mode in the form of side quests

Ranom thought, how about the ability to unlock/choose different announcers? Like, instead of the default voice, we could have Tikal from Sonic Adventure as the announcer, the F-Zero TV newsguy from F-Zero FX, or Slippy? lol

:phone:
Indeed, this is yet another good way to incorporate more Nintendo-feel to this game and even pay some tribute to NPC's themselves.

I dunno about annoucers though, seems nice but I hope it won't full of crappy voice acting, not to mention it would take a lot of time since there's many things to announce.

Still thinking Anna and Rover would be nice guides for Sm4sh's menus. Does anyone more guides like them?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hey Bionic can you try your best to get an updated pic of the Wii-U controller after E3?

I distinctly remember the words subject to change on the specs.

There was a leak of a redesigned version with true analog sticks and I want to know if this comes up as true.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Hey Bionic can you try your best to get an updated pic of the Wii-U controller after E3?

I distinctly remember the words subject to change on the specs.

There was a leak of a redesigned version with true analog sticks and I want to know if this comes up as true.
I'm not Bionic but... NO...

not only is this controller not confirmed as the final controller, but E3 is just a week away.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Updated my roster as far as unlockability with Jakor's roster maker.

[COLLAPSE="Roster"]
[/COLLAPSE]

For fun, here's the Starting Roster:
[COLLAPSE="Starting Roster"]
[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

I don't mean to nitpick, but why is Diddy an unlock while K. Rool is a starter, Opossum?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
muddy mole seems like the kind of character you'd expect as an unlockable.
with Ness, C. Falcon, and Jigglypuff as now starters, it sucks for weegee always being left out... always an unlockable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do people want Medusa? Why not Magnus or
Hades
?
Because Medusa is awesome, and was in ALL 3 GAMES of the series

Magnus is the generic tough guy, and ...I just don't like
Hades

Not sure why that needs to be spoilered

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't mean to nitpick, but why is Diddy an unlock while K. Rool is a starter, Opossum?
Well, I wanted a certain number of newcomers to be starters/unlockables. It looked a bit weird to have all three DK reps be starters in my opinion, and I wanted to have K. Rool as a starter, so I figured since everyone pretty much knows Diddy Kong would be in it, I figured making him unlockable would be an okay solution. Just sort of a personal preference (and I felt he should have been an unlockable in Brawl anyway :p)

With Muddy, I kept him a starter due to the retro feel of the Ice Climbers and (then) Pit. He fits that role more so than the role that Game and Watch and ROB played.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Because Medusa is awesome, and was in ALL 3 GAMES of the series.
Actually she only appeared in two games. She never made any appearances in Myths of Monsters (which is apparently not canon anyway). Not to mention that Medusa has a surprisingly minor role in Kid Icarus: Uprising as a glorified scapegoat for
Hades

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually she only appeared in two games. She never made any appearances in Myths of Monsters (which is apparently not canon anyway). Not to mention that Medusa has a surprisingly minor role in Kid Icarus: Uprising as a glorified scapegoat for
Hades
I never got to the end of myths and monsters, I always figured Medusa was the boss.

Oh well. She's still Pit's archenemy for 2 games, even if she's being used in the second

Her, palutena and pit actually have history together.
Hades
is someone they never met and only knew about.

He's just fighting them for the sole reason he's evil, really.

That makes his character even more 2 dimensional than Medusa, with her limited role

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it's also based on Mario's fire attack from Mario RPG, mentioned somewhere

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Why do people want Medusa? Why not Magnus or
Hades
?
Because seniority, Habanero. Medusa was there long before Hades was even created. I think that was they way it was meant to be in first place.

Hades being in over Medusa ín Sm4sh is like trying too really poof out the first KI of existence. Uprising made way too much changes to world of KI anyway. (Medusa would have really worked better as the antagonist, because she'd been first major female villain but noooo, Sakurai had to make her a doll for a man. )

Besides, I think Medusa seems more viable because what she can bring or do. Hades would be more of a boss character.
(Even Medusa would battle against him as seen in the final fight in KIU)

Psycho: Ultra Flame from SMRPQ, you mean? Also would refer to Mario's skill of Pyrokinesis (Fireballs being his signature attacks)

D

Deleted member

In celebration of Jakor's new version, here's a roster that I think would be best for Smash 4 (56 characters, transformation included):

Below the final roster are the alternatives I laid down. Toad can be switched with Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario, Meloetta can be switched for Zoroark, Victini, Genesect, or 6th gen, Roy can be switched out for Krom, and Duck Hunt Dog can be switched out for Mach Rider for people who would prefer a different Mario/Pokemon/Fire Emblem/retro rep.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Medusa may have the advantage of seniority, but she's not exactly a character of high priority in the series. She was the main antagonist in only the first game as a pathetically easy boss, completely absent in the second game, and a glorified scapegoat for
Hades
in Kid Icarus: Uprising. The latter is also important to take note of since Kid Icarus: Uprising was directed by our good friend Sakurai, but wasn't involved with developing the first game in any shape or form. The only reason why she appears to have such a big role is due to advertising for the game, but to only contain the surprise plot twist after you beat her and supposedly beat the game.

I do understand why she could theoretically be a playable character since she's the dark counterpart to Palutena, tried to take over Skyworld, imprisoned Pit and the centurions, and all that mushy crap, but that doesn't mean she would be a high priority for Sakurai as a character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
She's more developed than Hades

Hades is just a bat**** crazy evil guy - That's his entire personality

I don't see what advantage he could have at all

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I read the gamecrunch article and I can agree with many of the points (especially since we're all guilty of the characters thing). But I'm pretty sure nobody requested for Master Chief for Brawl due to the Halo series being a exclusive Microsoft IP (obviously). Unless they are those 8 year olds from GameFAQs or something.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But I'm pretty sure nobody requested for Master Chief for Brawl due to the Halo series being a exclusive Microsoft IP (obviously). Unless they are those 8 year olds from GameFAQs or something.
I don't know if anyone SERIOUSLY did, but I remember it. It was probably just a big running joke. I was on Nsider back then.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone knows reporters for news column don't understand humor and take everything literal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom