• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
l can’t sleep, so I decided I would take this time to write a little something up. The topic for tonight’s rant is: “Finishing” the franchises. What do I mean by that? I mean, adding all the final “Key characters” into the pre-existing franchises that have been established in SSBB. I guess I should just begin:

Super Mario
• Mario
• Luigi
• Peach
• Bowser
• Toad (Debatable)
• Junior (Debatable)
I really don’t think Toad or Junior are QUITE on the level that the other four are, TBH. But, I added them because I think it could be argued that they are/will be. Doc doesn’t actually make this list, even if he is a legitimate choice, I don’t think he is a key character to the Mario franchise. Same goes for Paper Mario, and Geno, and that loser Waluigi.

Yoshi Story
• Yoshi
• Kamek
No one wants Baby Bowser right? Kamek is the main villain IMO. Shy Guys can piss off, and so can the Baby Bros. They’re…. they’re whatever.

WarioWare/Land
• Wario
• Captain Syrup
• Mona/Jimmy T.
Mona has my vote, but I think either is fine. Characters like Ashley remind me of…. Jiggs. They’re randomly popular, but not all that “Important”. Plus Ware probably only needs a single character. But whatever, I thought she was worth mentioning.

Donkey Kong Country
• Donkey Kong
• Diddy Kong
• King K. Rool
• Dixie Kong
For Donkey Kong, I would like to make a note of Cranky Kong. While he isn’t playable character Material, I do think he would be considered a “Main” character, despite being less important that the four I’ve listed above. Funky Kong, doesn’t mean much to Smash… just putting that one out there.

Legend Of Zelda
• Link
• Zelda / Sheik
• Ganondorf
• Child Link
• Tingle
The reason Sheik is on this list is because she simply IS Zelda, and when it comes to Smash she is just as important as Jiggly and Ness. They’re weird veterans who have big fan bases, even if they aren’t too important to their series’. Ghirahim and the other one shots, not important. I could list them all, but we know who they are. Also, I guess I could bring up Toon Zelda / Tetra. There. I brought them up.

Pokemon
• Pikachu
• Jigglypuff
• Pokemon Trainer (Char/Ivy/Squirt)
• Lucario
• Mewtwo
• Fifth Generation rep / Sixth Gen Rep
• 2nd/3rd Generation rep (Debatable)
While I think it’s a travesty that the third Generation never got it’s rep, it probably isn’t going to happen. It could be argued you need all Gens to rep Pokemon correctly, and it can also be argued you only need the first Gen to have all the key characters. Pick a side, or don’t. I don’t care. And never talk to me about Pokemon Rangers. You fool.

Kirby Series

• Kirby
• King Dedede
• Meta Knight
• Bandana Dee (Debatable)
I honestly DON’T KNOW how prominent he is, but I think he’s worth a mention… I think. He might fall under the same Junior/Toad argument. I don’t think Magalor and Fluff need to be explained? Do they?

Metroid
• Samus / ZSS
• Ridley
I actually think ZSS is an important character, but whatever. Shoutout to Dark Samus. If I was going to add “Kinda Important” characters to the list, she/he would be up there.

StarFox
• Fox
• Falco
• Wolf
• Krystal
That’s it. No Leon, no Slippy. These four. Although I think I SHOULD mention Andross. An important, obviously, NPC.

Mother
• Ness
• Lucas
• Porky
• Claus / MM
I would like to start off by saying I think Ninten might make this list, but I think four is enough for Mother. Giygas probably should be mentioned as well. He falls under the Andross category.

Fire Emblem
• Marth
• Ike
• Roy
• Chrome/Future FE Lord
Chrome may not mean a thing, but someday, there might just be another FE lord that is as important as these three. I’m sure there are more I should mention, but I think they fall under the same category as Mother. I can’t mention every freaking important FE character.

F-Zero
• Captain Falcon
• Samurai Goroh
• Black Shadow
The way I’ve had it explained to me is sorta like this? CF is Fox, Goroh is Wolf, and BS is Andross? Shoutout to Jody Summers. Toise can make that argument for her, I certainly can’t.

Kid Icarus
• Pit
• Medusa
• Palutena
Regaurdless of how well KI:U sells, these characters are necessary if you want to complete this franchise. And no, that guy with the big sword, isn’t. Magnus. That’s his name.

~ Now, there isn’t anything wrong with less important characters. I like Dark Samus, Geno, and Midna.. I just don’t expect them, and they really don’t mean NEARLY as much as the characters listed above. This list is all about Key Characters, and finishing franchises. They are cool though, I can give them that. Olimar, Ice Climber, ROB, and Game & Watch are, fine. You should know that.

D

Deleted member

I see. I'm sort of releived that it's fake. Anything that may constitute Geno having even a remotely decent chance worries me. Mostly because that'll mean I would have to eat my words in regards to what I've said in the past about Geno.

Obviously Mega Man won't be in the next Super Smash Bros game, due to Capcom having some sort of hatred toward it's own IP. Not to mention Sakurai is sort of iffy with adding third party characters.
There is so much derp in this post, I don't even know where to begin...other than the Sakurai being iffy part. The Mega Man/Capcom part is the derp.

EDIT: Oh dear lord. Habanero badmouthed Krystal towards shortie. May Arceus have mercy on his soul...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
@Shortiecanbrawl

Bandanna Dee, Krystal, Porky, Dixie Kong, Mona, Medusa, Kemek, Child Link, and Junior...

...And you told me that I have terrible taste? Sheesh.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortiecanbrawl

Bandanna Dee, Krystal, Porky, Dixie Kong, Mona, Medusa, Kemek, Child Link, and Junior...

...And you told me that I have terrible taste? Sheesh.
lol.

I like how you think this is some sort of roster, when if you would have read like a good little nothing you would have known what this list is of.

D

Deleted member

When's ChronoBound going to make his assessment of last night.
Knowing Chrono, he'd probably say things like "there still is a chance this may be true" like he did with the Universe leak. :laugh:

Or am I confusing him for someone else....?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
lol.

I like how you think this is some sort of roster, when if you would have read like a good little nothing you would have known what this list is of.
It was a list of characters that can fill in the gaps to "complete" the established franchises represented in Super Smash Bros with all of the "key characters". It was clear to me like ice.

But you still picked some really stupid choices regardless. Not to mention it's impossible to "complete a franchise" since the very definition varies wildly depending on the person asked.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be honest, I don't see how you can think Dixie Kong is a "stupid choice."

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Or Porky and Medusa.

But Kamek has always been stupid. And Mona. Really hate all the Waddle Dee support too.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It was a list of characters that can fill in the gaps to "complete" the established franchises represented in Super Smash Bros with all of the "key characters". It was clear to me like ice.

But you still picked some really stupid choices regardless. Not to mention it's impossible to "complete a franchise" since the very definition varies wildly depending on the person asked.
This list is generally regarded as complete by most of the older speculators. It's pretty much an updated version of the one Toise made in '09.

And, if you don't agree with me, you're not agreeing with Star either. Which would be okay, WRONG, but okay.

However, you're essentially, disagreeing with Toise, which means, you're going to Smash Spec hell. Because Toise is Jesus.

Also, NO U, your picks are stupid.

Me/Star/Toise > Dillon lover.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Just to talk about my maining to lukin,i forgot to answer you but my parents wanted me to sleep.
sleeping s*ckz.
The reason why i don't main anyone is because i tried everyone,in every game,and i can't define who's playstyle i like,who i play the more or less,that bugs me,but i've enjoyed playing with yoshi recently ;) (in brawl),i'll try to see if i'm sure,and maybe the two other games too,wait and see...

Irony?i think i like lucas too:rotfl:

And then there's the time,and my parents.
bye.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's where those who worship Baby Daisy go.

But in all seriousness, I'm hoping for at least the name to be shown at E3. I doubt we'll get much more than that, but I would love it if we did. Then again, I'm a pessimist, so...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't worry about the Smash spec hell thing, I've been there and back. It's actually much better then you think, especially since it has buttered lobster tails for breakfast and has some very lavish bedrooms.

Also I still hate Baby Daisy regardless of where I am. It's part of my criteria, you see.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't worry about the Smash spec hell thing, I've been there and back. It's actually much better then you think, especially since it has buttered lobster tails for breakfast and has some very lavish bedrooms.

Also I still hate Baby Daisy regardless of where I am. It's part of my criteria, you see.
Do you hate Honey Queen too? Because I can't be the only one on this forum who does.

:phone:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd put her in the category of the biggest troll character in a racing game. She recieved way more negative criticism than the likes of Baby Daisy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I never believed this rumor/hoax upon reading it. Sakurai probably receives hundreds of requests from Smash fans a week, no way he would respond to one in particular (especially one with mostly popularly requested characters). Plus it had Geno mentioned in it, and I know how much that fanbase likes to make stuff up.

I see this hoax as another failed attempt by Geno fans to do CPR on their fanbase (by making people think Geno is likely confirmed).

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Just to talk about my maining to lukin,i forgot to answer you but my parents wanted me to sleep.
sleeping s*ckz.
The reason why i don't main anyone is because i tried everyone,in every game,and i can't define who's playstyle i like,who i play the more or less,that bugs me,but i've enjoyed playing with yoshi recently ;) (in brawl),i'll try to see if i'm sure,and maybe the two other games too,wait and see...

Irony?i think i like lucas too:rotfl:

And then there's the time,and my parents.
bye.
Awesome,my 2 favorite brawl characters...
But you need to decide it for yourself.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I hope the background from Collection in Melee comes back(the one with the shelf in the background; it had a TV, a GameCube, a Game Boy Color and a N64 with a Smash 64 cartridge in it)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Pretty much.

Knew something was fishy. Was gonna say why I didn't trust it and it gets debunked. You guys should listen to good old Smashchu more often.
I don't want to be one of those guy's that's like "OH I KNEW IT WAS FAKE ALL ALONG."

Like AugustoFOULes over there. Y'know, like foul smelling.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I never bought into it to start with.

But, I do find it hilarious that a bunch of trolls who went through the trouble of actually photoshopping this **** are getting their rocks off to the end result. It's like...really? You expect people not to talk about something like a roster leak in a thread dedicated to an upcoming game?

And I love the reaction that most of ya'll gave when it was debunked: Shrug.

Smooth Criminal

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
And I love the reaction that most of ya'll gave when it was debunked: Shrug.

Smooth Criminal
But he accomplished everything he wanted to.

Which I guess was to have a few people ("THIS HAS EXPLODED ON SMASHBOARDS") buy into it for half a day. Then he couldn't wait to let everyone know he was behind it. And then everyone started talking about Dr. Mario or something.

He could of at least had the ambition to make it as memorable as the Universe junk. Though, I bet even so we'll still have people come in every so often saying "have you seen this?"

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
hey!! i did have my suspicions believe it or not. it's nsider for Christ sakes.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I don't want to be one of those guy's that's like "OH I KNEW IT WAS FAKE ALL ALONG."

Like AugustoFOULes over there. Y'know, like foul smelling.
I knew it was fake all along =]. I was going to photoshop something similar but approving bomberman to show how easy it was to fake it but it got disproved before I got around to it. Oh well =\

Dittolicous

Smash Cadet
Sad that it's fake, but really, it gave me something to think about. And honestly, I have nothing better to do at the moment. I'll still be hoping for something at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom