• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1. Get rid of the ****ing FLUDD
2. Combine Mario with Doc's Melee playstyle
3. Give Mario a Doc alt
4. Alter the Fireballs to look like Megavitamins in the alt costume (same properties and everything, just an altered look)
5. Give him a grin again like in Melee instead of making him look all SOOPER CEREAL like in Brawl

There you have it. Mario is now epic
1. Keep FLUDD. Just make it actually useful, do damage, and work as a kill/combo move. FLUDD in Brawl is garbage.
2. If by Mario you mean Smash 64 and Melee
3. Meah, I'm neutral on this.
4. Yeah, if this happens I don't mind this. Also, I think the fireballs should bounce like Doc's pills. Maybe make Luigi's work like this. Or make Luigi's fireballs come out much faster.
5. Make Dr. Mario's taunt Mario's 4th taunt.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Whom?
Also:
[COLLAPSE="Star Wars Roster for SWvsSC"]
Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Luke Skywalker
Emperor
Darth Maul
General Grievous
Starkiller
Aalya Secura
Mace Windu
Mara Jade
Count Dooku
PROXY(works like Mokujin)[/COLLAPSE]
Now, I'm confused about who's doing SoulCalibur.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: So what? I don't care if he's neeer. Besides what I've know, trolls long for attention. So ignore him.

*Puts Killer on Ignore list*

Anyway, off to play a bit with my cousins.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Characters with terrible recoveries actually surfers for the FLUDD.
:link2: :bowser2:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
How's about we make a Star Wars vs. Soul Calibur game with Soul Calibur II gameplay, and nothing else from Soul Calibur. :awesome:
Then stick in Nintendo characters.

@ Luk
You mean the characters no one plays as=??? :troll:

Edit: I is out. Gonna go to a TF2 server where apparently my bro is God! XD

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
This reminds me, one thing I really, REALLY want to see in Smash is character customization. Not the kind that affects gameplay, I'm talking strictly outfits and whatnot. You could customize the selected character with sunglasses, hats, flip flops maybe, etc. There would even be Nintendo-themed stuff, like for example, if you wanted to slap a Tanooki Tail on Snake's *** and put a DK tie on Mewtwo, you could do that

@John- I don't really like the idea of Doc being an alt either unless Mario's playstyle is more like Doc's, that's why I suggested #2

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
How's about we make a Star Wars vs. Soul Calibur game with Soul Calibur II gameplay, and nothing else from Soul Calibur. :awesome:

@ Luk
You mean the characters no one plays as=??? :troll:
Exactly,and the cape is much better than the FLUDD to edgeguard.

The FLUDD is really not very much useful.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
If what you say happens Metal, then just make Dr. Mario a semi-clone. :bee:

@ Luk
Exactly. FLUDD currently is trash.
I remember my noob friend trying to edgeguard my Lucas with the FLUDD,he really though that FLUDD was capable to stop Pk thunder 2.
:laugh:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
If we have character customization, it's probably your Mii. I can imagine a random moveset, kinda like Mokujiin. Smash has no characters like that. And don't say...:kirbybrawl:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'd rather him be his own character too

I'm just saying under that condition in particular, I wouldn't mind him as just an alt

Anyway, why would Mii's need to be like Mokujin? Just give them their own moveset

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If there's seriously not enough room for the Doc, I'm fine with an alt set of costumes. BUT, I'd rather him fully playable like any character(that isn't an NPC) was.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
don't think about the game... think about the mechanic... i only used MK as it was the first that came to mind when coming up with the idea/gimmick

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Please don't mention MK: Armageddon

PLEASE
But its customizable character option was pretty damn good for a first try in the MK series. Better than most Wrestling games. It just needed better weapon choices, perhaps a few more styles. But otherwise, it was rather good.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hm, speaking of customization, I might bring this post by BrushGuy:

I don't think its going to be a single creatable character, more like everyone on the roster can customized. Let's take Mario for example. In the 1st 2 games Mario's vB was Mario Tornado. In Brawl it was FLUDD. Which of these 2 should be the vB in SSB4? My answer is both & the player gets to pick which to use.

Now let's take that idea further, where every move"slot" has multiple options to choose from:

B
-Fireball (high damage)
-Ice Flower (makes the opponent slower for about half a second)
-or star bits (rapid fire)
>B
-Cape (defensive)
-Hammer (melee offensive)
-Red Rocket (ranged offensive)
^B
-Jump Punch
-Wing Cap (greater recovery, non-damaging)
-Charged Jump (greater recovery & damage but requires charging)
vB
-Mario Tornado
-FLUDD
-Rock Mario
Final Smash
-Mario Finale (single shot)
-Mega Mushroom (timed transformation)
-Yoo Who Cannon (multiple hits)

The player selects which ones he wants to use in his active moveset , such as

Emphasis on defense build
B: Ice Flower
>B: Cape
^B: Wing Cap
vB: FLUDD
FS: Yoo Who Cannon

or,

Emphasis on offense build
B: Fireball
>B: Hammer
^B: Charge Jump
vB: Rock Mario
FS: Mario Finale

& saves the build to his profile so Mario will always be set to it.

This concept of moveset options would be applied to every character on the roster. All of Link's acquired items through the years including different arrow types, Bowser's spells in SMRPG & M&LBIS, Fox's weapons from Assault & skills in Adventures, Pit's newfound arsenal, the possibilities aren't endless but are certainly higher than ever for SSB. & yes, Miis are entirely a possible inclusion for this as well.

Now with all that said, that would only be HALF of the game's customization features. The other half,

The return of passive stat boosts & abilities. In Brawl they only affected SSE but in KIU they carried over into multiplayer. This can pretty easily be applied to SSB4 too.

The Wii U version would be the vanilla version, all characters have pre-set moves. In other words basically the same as past games. This is the genius of SSB4: Players who simply want more of the same will be content with the Wii U version & need not care about the 3DS version at all............................until they go online & get their ***** kicked by a Pichu with Iron Tail & a resistance to knockback & wonder to themselves what just happened. That's when they begrudgingly put down $200 on a 3DS & the other version just to stay competitive.

Character customization ain't just a gameplay innovation, its a devious marketing scheme!

Personally this is how I view the customization to be like in 3DS and Wii U-version.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Mario´s brawl final smash is really nonsense,it do not have anything remembering the Mario games before Brawl lol.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So someone update me on this Twitter ****. Is it still standing or fake? Or what?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lukin: The nearest that might be origin for Mario's Final Smash might be Ultra Flame-attack from SMRPQ, plus it might refer to Mario's usual pyrokinesis (Fireball skill and such)

Shortie: Fake. Just check few pages back. That guy even called us neEEEERDs.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Armageddon's character customization wasn't bad admittedly, but pretty much everything else about it pisses me off. Oh well, at least it isn't Special Forces

Anyway, MAtgSy's idea isn't bad, but I'm not sure I really understand this part:

Players who simply want more of the same will be content with the Wii U version & need not care about the 3DS version at all............................until they go online & get their ***** kicked by a Pichu with Iron Tail & a resistance to knockback & wonder to themselves what just happened.
Is he saying that Wii U Smash players will be able to play with 3DS Smash players or what?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I would just like to say for the record, that i had this idea in this thread's predecessor, the original SSB4 thread. that's before the whole confirmation and stuff. (custom all characters)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@metal
You don't like it especially because that last line about the marketing scheme. That system makes it so that you have to own both games if you want to fully enjoy online.

:phone:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Well, it doesn't need to be. It can be different. Also, I don't think the Mii has a shot. It would've been in Brawl if Sakurai wanted it in Smash at all, but it's not always about what we wants. This is something that many people don't recognize.
Damn, I sound like a teacher.

5 post here and I've already been called a idiot. :rotfl: We're off to a great start gang.

Anyway I dunno what to think about that much customization per character. On one hand it would be absolutely amazing to have that many options per character. A single character could have so much history crammed into their moveset. Wario could finally have the classic moveset I've been waiting years for.

On the other hand it would make fights very hectic, and not in a good way, especially online. You would run into a match not really sure which moves your opponent has. Half the match would be figuring out which Up B he has on. Unless, of course, it was listed in the pre-match loading screen. But, more importantly, spending so much time on each character moveset like that would definitely cut down on the amount of characters we would get in the game.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I like that idea by BrushGuy. Here's one for Link:
B:
Arrow
Fire Arrow
Ice Arrow
<>B:
Boomerang
Whip(works as tether recovery)
Deku Nut
^B:
Spin Attack
Longshot(farther distance than hookshot recovery)
Roc's Cape(high recovery, no damage)
Down B:
Bomb
Megaton Hammer
End Blow
Final Smash:
Triforce Slash
Pirate Attack
Fierce Deity

That's all I got.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Armageddon's character customization wasn't bad admittedly, but pretty much everything else about it pisses me off. Oh well, at least it isn't Special Forces
Really, the worst games in order are... Special Forces, and Gold. The rest are mediocre to good to excellent.

Also, the generic fighting made playing a custom character much easier. Smash could easily do the same, much like Sonic Battle did.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well, it doesn't need to be. It can be different. Also, I don't think the Mii has a shot. It would've been in Brawl if Sakurai wanted it in Smash at all, but it's not always about what we wants. This is something that many people don't recognize.
Damn, I sound like a teacher.
Teachers aren't usually dumb

Well. No, I guess that's not true. Maybe you do sound like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom