• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I dig your new avatar Metal (Samurai Champloo FTW)

I dunno if anyone wants to rate my roster, it's pretty HUGE but that's why I wanna know which characters feel like they should get axed so roster would feel more realistic for Sm4sh to be seen:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think playstyle-wise Roy was like Ken to Marth's Ryu. Roy was simpler to use, had cool fire effects and his "shoryuken" hit multiple times for greater combined damage. The main downfall was the sweetspot mechanic. Marth's favoured being at mid range while Roy's needed to be in grab range for it to work. Ike's Giant sword, to the best of my knowledge does roughly equal damage at all parts of the sword making him a mor eeffective heavy hitter.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
more people are embracing my ideals of a no guest roster? awesome!
PFFF, they're SmashChu's ideals. Loser.
Damn right
they are our ideals, smart arse... in this thread's predecessor, i still held those ideals while at the same time promoting Mega Man X... i never wanted the two guests returning and i felt that if we had to have a guest, it should be Mega Man X.
knvclknbvfdk

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seems that a lot of reosters are leaving out Wolf. I like his playstyle and as long as they give him a better final smash I think we're good.

Ah remember the Everyone is Landmaster poopstorm?

D

Deleted member

I laugh at people that remove Wolf for Krystal just because she has a stick so "she can't be a clone".
When in reality, she can pretty much end up the same as Wolf, in that she has Specials derived from Fox while having completely unique Normals.
B: Fire Blaster-Shoots blasts of fire from her staff.
Side B: Ice Dash-Dashes in a field of ice, phasing through opponents while potentially freezing them.
Up B: Rocket Boost-Pretty much like the Fire Wolf/Wolf Shoot, expect Krystal flies staff first.
Down B: Force Field-Self explanatory.

So it's really picking your poison. Either a Veteran Smasher with more importance to the StarFox series, or a Newcomer with less importance.

D

Deleted member

She could become one as you said, but I don't it's that likely as Wolf had... unless Sakurai's that easy to predict.
Trust me. No one from the StarFox series is safe. Except maybe Andross, but how likely do you think he is?

And it doesn't help when three of the moves I listed are directly taken from Adventures. The only one improvised was the Ice Dash.

And then there's the fact that Krystal can pilot a Landmaster in Assault....

D

Deleted member

Hm. I guess I take out Falco, Wolf AND Krystal. What difference there is anyway...
Except then you piss off a lot of people, since while Falco is similar to Fox, he has an overall different feel to him. And Wolf is barely similar, only thing being Specials, and even then, much different feel.

In which case you might as well take out Toon Link, Ganondorf, Luigi, Lucas, Roy, Krom (potential clone of Ike), etc.
EDIT: In short, learn to play as the characters before you dismiss them as the same.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lol, thanks Horsetail

I can't decide who I like more between Mugen and Jin. I love all three of them, though

Oh, and who needs a new Star Fox rep when you could have a Galaxy Dog rep:

[COLLAPSE="Little Wyvern"]
[/COLLAPSE]

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Except then you piss off a lot of people, since while Falco is similar to Fox, he has an overall different feel to him. And Wolf is barely similar, only thing being Specials, and even then, much different feel.

In which case you might as well take out Toon Link, Ganondorf, Luigi, Lucas, Roy, Krom (potential clone of Ike), etc.
EDIT: In short, learn to play as the characters before you dismiss them as the same.
Wait, what? (-==-)? I've played as three of them time to time.
I might lean to Falco though because he's sorta like "aerial-based" Fox and feels more luigi-fied than him, which I like.
Wolf's like Fox but with very disjointed hitboxes in his attack (I think, correct me if I'm wrong, not ) and feels at times more uninspiredly done than Falco, especially from some specials.
(-l´l-);

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can think of one major way that the could make Dixie NOT a Diddy clone, give her the ponytail twirl as a sort of glide ability like Peach's umbrella or G&W's parachute. There's a lot of other stuff to do with her moveset but something like that just helps set them apart.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
BrushGuy: I agree. I though think she MIGHT be inspired by Diddy to some extent, because both have pretty similar bodybuild, something Sakurai might make good use of.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
BrushGuy: I agree. I though think she MIGHT be inspired by Diddy to some extent, because both have pretty similar bodybuild, something Sakurai might make good use of.
True they'd both be about the same size and build. I was just sating they need to consider how Dixie can stand out.

And on an semi-related topic the one thing that was sorely missing from Diddy in Brawl was DKC2's Monkey beatboxing for a victory pose.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
BrushGuy: Oh yes indeed. I remember saying this too so much back many months ago. I think there's even emoticon put in this board to trigger this.

BOOMBOX DIDDY FOR SM4SH.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
And he better carry those crates and barrels with her hair.

Geez, how strong and sentient her ponytail is, anyway? (-l0l-);;

Metal: YAY MY LIFESAVER *Tackles you*

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
King K. Rool has a better chance then Dixie Kong, mostly due to being a generally more requested character and offers something different from Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. Plus more villains in the roster never hurts.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
King K. Rool has a better chance then Dixie Kong, mostly due to being a generally more requested character and offers something different from Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. Plus more villains in the roster never hurts.
True but the way I see it the basic roster representation is
Hero: Mario/Link
Sidekick: Luigi/ Young (toon) Link
Female: Peach/ Zelda(Shiek)
Villain: Bowser/Ganondorf

If we aply this to the DK series we get
Hero: DK DONKEY KONG
Sidekick: Diddy Kong
Female: Dixie Kong
Villain: King K. Rool

I think there's a chance of both getting in if Ninty judges DK to be as important as Mario and Zelda.

And just for fun
Hero: Fox
Sidekick Wingman: Falco
Villain: Wolf
Female: Krystal

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm still a proponent that if Snake gets the boot, then Wolf's specials should mirror Star Fox: Assault utilizing grenades, a rocket launcher and mines. Up special is fine as is, only needs to function better.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
MetalManiac: Heh, I better go tell him. But try to fix that pic you put up. (-l´l-);

Star: Now that sounds pretty interesting. I'd be all for Wolf being completely decloned character. I might also think that Snake's time has ended since he doesn't still contribute much to Nintendo and was (according to rumors) added because Kojima's son wanted to see Snake in Smash. (Maybe the motive of why Kojima begged Sakurai to add Snake in Smash.)

yani

Smash Lord
I'm still a proponent that if Snake gets the boot, then Wolf's specials should mirror Star Fox: Assault utilizing grenades, a rocket launcher and mines. Up special is fine as is, only needs to function better.
That's a pretty cool idea. I can dig it.

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
I've always thought Falco should have the Rocket Launcher as his B-over, because in Assault, his pictures always feature him with it. Plus his B-up could be the Jetpack from Assault too. Wolf is fine IMO, just change his Final Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom