• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know what could be a solution?
That some characters appear on 3DS and some others on Wii U, because then there would be room for both obvious and experimental characters...
How does that sound?

And we're not having this discussion again.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Tri-Hy and I were discussing something like this. The big problem is that Illusion provides nothing of actual substance. In other words, it's like a hologram. Your idea is much better suited for Ditto.
The thing is it may have to break the original mold in order to work in Smash. I thought that when he uses it, he'll turn into a different character and use it's moves. But the problem becomes that with 40+ characters, it would be hard to make sure Zorark's attacking works with every character. Either Zoroark uses the animation with Zoroark's parameters or there would be extra animations for each characters for Zoroark.

This idea is trying to avoid that.

Another idea:

What if Illusion was a special move that created a CPU copy of Zoroark? The CPU wouldn't do anything, doesn't edgeguard (can grab the edge at the same time as it), does no damage. Disappears when you attack it. etc.

Kind of like a lesser version of the Ice Climbers. For fake outs.
Oh, you mean this.

I agree with Kuma, so I don't think it's in the stars.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The thing is it may have to break the original mold in order to work in Smash. I thought that when he uses it, he'll turn into a different character and use it's moves. But the problem becomes that with 40+ characters, it would be hard to make sure Zorark's attacking works with every character. Either Zoroark uses the animation with Zoroark's parameters or there would be extra animations for each characters for Zoroark.

This is what I was suggesting earlier after seeing Double in Skullgirls who uses scrapped animations for the other characters for all of her attacks including three characters who haven't been made playable yet.

And if you do stretch its original mold, then it's no longer an illusion but a genuine transformation. If you do that, you defeat the purpose of Illusion. Remember that an illusion is to trick someone into thinking something's real when it's not. If you were to use transformed characters within Zoroark's physical limits, then why have her transform to begin with? Out of curiosity, is Zoroark known for using projectiles? If so, we might be on to something.

vicgur

Smash Ace
VIP: Pikachu and Jigglypuff
Best: Lucario and Mewtwo (Was PLANNED for SSBB, so obviously, Mewtwo has a strong chance of returning).
Alright: Pkmn Trainer
Low: Pichu
I, for one, think Pkmn Trainer has a better chance than just "alright".
He is the only Pokémon Character EVER to be based on the actual games, instead of the anime. If it doesn't say something, I don't know what does.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Never heard of Awesomenauts. lol

That was just an idea that suddenly popped into my head, which I haven't seen anyone give any comments on it yet suprisingly. :O

Although I suddenly want someone in Smash to fight with their tongue...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Never heard of Awesomenauts. lol

That was just an idea that suddenly popped into my head, which I haven't seen anyone give any comments on it yet suprisingly. :O

Also, Yoshi.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^Knew it. I forgot about Yoshi though. lol

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think there is a (tiny) chance that Sakurai and co may have exclusive console characters (like 1 or 2) that you can transfer with the purchase/connection to the other game...

...although I would hate that, even though I am buying both games the day they come out.

Also, I think the best Pokémon "solution" (in terms of fan support and one of the best character selection solutions for smash bros) would be to:
1. Keep Pikachu, Jigglypuff, the Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard), and Lucario.
Actually, I wouldn't mind Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard working solo.
2. Allow Mewtwo to return, greater than ever.
3. Add a 5th Generation Pokémon. Probably Zoroark.
4. If there's "extra time," for "more characters," consider adding say Meowth, Pichu, and Plusle and Minun as a new character.
However, adding only one would be preferable IMO.

That way it keeps fans of previously playable Pokémon happy (minus Pichu, which is a clone of Pikachu), fans of new Pokémon happy, and leaves a window open for other popular Pokémon to wind up being playable, which gives hope to fans of said Pokémon. :cool: It also makes speculation a tad more exciting if I do say so myself! :shades:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Have the Pokemon switch with the taunt buttons and give them their own Down Bs and there you go.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm starting to wonder if Zoroark is only best suited for being a Pokeball summon.

@Falchion
I think it should be either one of those solutions. I would really love it if Pokemon Trainer was reworked to be more like a Marvel vs. Capcom team. Perhaps Skullgirls might be a better comparison.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pretty par for the course if you ask me.
That's you I said about your mawm! OH SNAPPIDY SNAPPY SNIP SNAP SNIPPY!!! :reverse:

Quite elementary my dear Watson (lol at that name) Hootsters.

*puts on spectacles*
:108: and this guy would be of your liking. ;)

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure both rosters will be different.
Sakurai said that with the wii u,UNLIKE THE 3DS,he can do all 3 important things.So the rosters will be different unless you want a bad amount of contents/graphics,but i mean,the difference is so huge that if you put a wii u roster,your 3DS will have poligons as fighters.total poligons.

So don't you realize it?you guys are asking for the same thing,with less things.important things.
I want my cheese burger without the cheese.

You are ruining your chances of having a different line of smash bros on handelds by the making a random and useless copy past .doesn't make sense.

You even think it can handle all characters,instead it will end up with the wii u having more and more.

choose:
›what you want:brings nothing,and 3DS smashers are left
›more reasonable:both brings something,and even with less characters,they have characters the wii u don't.

random:i was doing a smash boss and porky knocked me high,but i tech'd on him when he was still in the air.lol'd.but even if i was under him,i got on top of him. :ohwell:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Both consoles have more than enough memory and processing power for smash bros. Albeit for obvious reasons, the 3DS smash won't have as good as graphics as the Wii U smash.

And even with that "limitation," the 3DS smash could still easily fit Brawl's data into a cartridge.
Have the Pokemon switch with the taunt buttons and give them their own Down Bs and there you go.
That's not a bad idea. However, it is not required. I just want the Pokémon to be able to be independent of each other. Whether this means that pressing or holding a button when you die makes you come out as a specific Pokémon, it doesn't matter to me.

However, I do think that you should be able to choose any of the other 2 Pokémon... somehow.
I'm starting to wonder if Zoroark is only best suited for being a Pokeball summon.
Wait, haven't you been all for Zoroark all this time=??? :confused: If so... HOLY CRAP! MIND IS BLOWN!!! :psycho: :rotfl:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
More long multiquote Holder action

And as far as Mr. Warheart goes, I kind of like the sound of his logic. "I like a Pokemon so that Pokemon should get in."
PORYGON FOR SMASH FOUR OMG YES

Keping the same old Pokemon roster from Brawl while adding only one new Pokemon plus one old Pokemon from Melee? Boring.
You have got to be kidding with that, that would be good for any single franchise, especially one as large as the Pokemon franchise. I still stand by the belief that a franchise is not going to jump above six, it seems far too unlikely. The only way that'll happen is if Sakurai does last minute clone editions, and considering Brawl and some of the anger towards them, he will not likely pull a move like that. Not to mention, the roster is now very large, so there is no reason to beef it up with filler clones.

Meowth won't get in solely because Mewtwo, a fifth generation pokemon, and even Prai_Mai are higher up on the queue. Even if Prai_Mai isn't, Meowth would be too much, and as SSBF said, most people would be very pleased with that.

Also, is anyone going to get Pkmn Black2 and/or White2? I am. That Anime shortclip has forced me to (And me being a PokeFan forces me to buy it, so I'll buy BOTH of them :o)
I'll be buying one of them and my brother will likely get the opposite.

And that anime clip looks like how the actual anime should be like. Somehow it just seems way more serious and interesting.

Hoots. Don't be mad. He's just a new guy. Take it easy.
He wasn't mad really, Hoots was just trying to be a... well, you know. :awesome:

yeah, this forum seems to be nice -_-
Indeed we are.

Though if there is any animosity, people may feel nervous because you are a Satan worshiping warmonger.

I don't think Zoroark should be doing a move that well, doesn't accurately fit with the actual move. If he can't have it, either put him in without it (does he seem unfitting afterwards?) or put him as a pokeball that has it as has been suggested.

[COLLAPSE="Lord Ghirahim"]
[/COLLAPSE]
There isn't room for two Ghirahim posters around these parts Kuma.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am still thinking that Meloetta is a dark horse for the newcomer spot. If it becomes a regular character in the Pokemon anime (or at least for the remainder of Best Wishes), it could end up becoming the most recognizable 5th-generation legendary.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@Mr. Pants
here's the thing, the 3DS is usually outputted at about a 64x64 to a 128x128 page per object where the Wii outputs around 256x256... pretty sure brawl had 512x512. but the games make it work. by reducing the polygons substantially and pretty much replacing it with bump maps and normal maps... and stuff... you can get all that you want... just look at Tekken 3D and Street Fighter 3D... full rosters, reduced polygons and lesser textures due to the size of the UV Page.

Sakurai will make it work, he already has experience with the tech with Uprising, so he will do it right with all characters being the same on all platforms, no exclusives unless asked by Iwata to do so.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh, forgot a quote:

Yeah, I'd like more veterans. Maybe like all the original 8 and a few more starter characters. I say save the newcomers for later. However, revealing 1 newcomer is a brilliant idea.)
Now that I think about it, even revealing a returning veteran would be fine I suppose, but a newcomer would supply us with more Post Rations. I mean, when would we hear of SSB4 again?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Which is exactly what will raise Vocoletta's chances as the 2nd 5th Generation choice for Smash. Until that Armored Cannon Beetle ends up in a movie next year.

:phone:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I was thinking that as well. Just have Zoroark use Illusion to pretend to be another Pokeball Pokemon and suprise opponents.

Although I still would like to hear some comments on my Illusion idea. :3

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
However, I do think that you should be able to choose any of the other 2 Pokémon... somehow.

Wait, haven't you been all for Zoroark all this time=??? :confused: If so... HOLY CRAP! MIND IS BLOWN!!! :psycho: :rotfl:
On Pokemon Trainer:

Skullgirls, like CvS2, allows you to set up your team sizes. As you can see, health and damage are adjusted depending on the matchups. Pokemon Trainer could work like this. You could go solo or have a team of two/three characters.

And I've never been for Zoroark. If anything, I've been pointing out the flaws in her Illusion being adaptable and that she shouldn't be in if it can't be implemented. Tri-Hy, I question if such a thing doesn't have the potential to be anything but either being really bad or really good.

D

Deleted member

Impa does, but only in the Oracles of Seasons manga. *shudders*

That's ok. Fat Impa is best Impa. :awesome:

EDIT: But now this discussion is on the epicness of Mach Rider and why he should be the new "retro revival" character like Pit and the Ice Climbers.

Just look at that redesign given in Melee!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I am still thinking that Meloetta is a dark horse for the newcomer spot. If it becomes a regular character in the Pokemon anime (or at least for the remainder of Best Wishes), it could end up becoming the most recognizable 5th-generation legendary.
Meah, I don't think it will get much support.
Now that I think about it, even revealing a returning veteran would be fine I suppose, but a newcomer would supply us with more Post Rations. I mean, when would we hear of SSB4 again?
Nintendo World in November... if it's happening this year. I am unsure. If not, Nintendo's Press Conference thing is sometime around then. ;)

Also, I don't want to argue with idiots again as to whether Samus is playable again. Making us wait until the Dojo to "officially unveil Samus" (as a playable character) was too much. Seriously, those friggen n00bs didn't get that Samus was all but confirmed in the first Brawl trailer! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edit: @ Golden Rider
Mach Rider is awesome. But please, use 'dem collapse tag! ;)

D

Deleted member

Collapse tags are for the SILVER.
Only the GOLDEN refuse to use it (unless the image is actually way too frigging huge or if trying to hide things).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But now this discussion is on the epicness of Mach Rider and why he should be the new "retro revival" character like Pit and the Ice Climbers.

Just look at that redesign given in Melee!
Hopefully he get's a revival because I'm still bummed about the Mach Rider Unchained rumor being false. 4chan likes to mess with people's hopes and dreams. :(

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Regardless, Mach Rider is a BAMF!
On Pokemon Trainer:
[COLLAPSE="Click here for a chart:"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Skullgirls, like CvS2, allows you to set up your team sizes. As you can see, health and damage are adjusted depending on the matchups. Pokemon Trainer could work like this. You could go solo or have a team of two/three characters.
Well, it doesn't require a complex chart! :laugh:

Just keep it simple. Make each of the :ptbrawl:'s Pokémon with their individual stats and whatnot.

And get ride of the dumb HP system. Nobody liked that. And by nobody, I mean not a soul. People with souls don't count. :bee: As for switching (when you get KO'd), just make it like holding down the L-button for :charizardbrawl:, the R-button for :ivysaurbrawl:, and the B-button for :squirtlebrawl:. It's really that simple. :bee:
And I've never been for Zoroark. If anything, I've been pointing out the flaws in her Illusion being adaptable and that she shouldn't be in if it can't be implemented.
I think it could work, although the concept of it would have to be seriously nuked to be nerfed from what some people are saying it should be. I'm not surprised people are making out such a character to be broken. I remember pre-Brawl some guy had a :sonicbrawl: moveset, and all of :sonicbrawl:'s moves did at least 20%. He had at least a dozen super early kill moves. :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think Mach Rider and Takamaru are the two most likely retro revival characters. I also hope we get a game for whoever ends up being included.

I wanted Unchained to be true too. :urg:

Anyway, i herd Warheart sed moar stuff, so im bak.
I'll begin with Zoroark:
I've never played any 5th Gen Pokemon games, so I don't know very much about him. When I look at his design (how he looks like), I think he looks kinda cool. I think he also has a extremely small chance to even replace Wolf (though I'm not 100% sure and I still probably want to keep Wolf) because both of them looks like villains and Zoroark could almost play like Wolf, but without Blaster and Reflector of course.
I'm not saying that he shouldn't be in SSB, but compared with other Pokemon out there, how popular is he? I personally think that Mewtwo is overall a better choice just because he's just more memorable than what Zoroark will ever be. And if Zoroark can't have his ability, he loses a lot of his character... so I don't know...
A character from one series won't replace a character from a totally different series, even if they are both lupine. If anything, he would "replace" Lucario. (it wouldn't be an actual replacement, Lucario would just be cut for lack of time).

And I agree with you about Mewtwo, I think everyone does. It's likely that if Zoroark does get in, Mewtwo will get in as well, not that they are dependent on each other. Zoroark has a difficult popularity to measure, as lists that include Zoroark sometimes do so based on expectations, not based on popularity. However, Zoroark seems to be the most popular Pokemon newcomer candidate. (not on here though)

Meowth:
I kinda like this Pokemon and I'm not sure why LOL, maybe because of his appearance or that he could be a funny partner for Jigglypuff.
I want to know a little more about him, I want to know how he could be a possible SSB fighter, how can fit in and why is he a popular candidate? If I can get some answers, I might support him even more :)
But right now, I kinda like this guy (even though the anime is horrible)
Meowth could work, but he isn't especially likely. He isn't as popular as he used to be, but he's probably the most likely 1st gen newcomer. (other than Mewtwo -- who isn't a newcomer).

When I compare Melee and Brawl, I see that they've followed the same path, kept the same playstyle or whatever I should call this. Pikachu and Jigglypuff in all games and most notably, the difference between Mewtwo and Lucario. What's unique about Lucario is because of his Aura and that's pretty much about it. And if Zoroark will be added, will he follow the same path as what Mewtwo and Lucario, or will he take a different one? This is exactly why I prefer Metagross because the choice will be a lot easier. He's a heavyweight fighter (not too big) and he's got four legs and that's already good factors for experimenting.
Mewtwo and Lucario weren't as similar as everybody seems to think they were, and neither will Zoroark if he is included, but I think I get what you mean. True, Metagross would be more different than Zoroark and Lucario, but the same could be said for pretty much any Pokemon that isn't a canine-based bipedal. And technically we already do have a quadruped Pokemon.

Many may think that Metagross isn't popular, but he actually is in Pokemon games, he's actually one of the most used Pokemon. OK I admit, he's definitely not as popular as Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lucario, other legendaries or some other Pokemon (he also rivals with Tyranitar) but like I said above, he's got more stuff to play around with.
So is Ferrothorn, but he's not getting in either. I think asage said it well when he categorized likelihood based on movie prominence, popularity, and relevance.

Metagross has none of these. His popularity is high in general when compared to all Pokemon, but it doesn't match Pokemon that are actually used regularly in promotion, such as the possible 5th gen candidates.

I think the time for a 3rd gen rep has come and gone. Even if we did get one, it would most likely be Plusle and Minun (if they were prai_mai). Sakurai would already have an idea of what he wants to do with them. Second would be Deoxys, who has still decent popularity, and would at least fit two of asage's three categories.

So my question is, why can't we choose a different path, instead of sticking with the same, and extend the boundaries even more?
For me, it really doesn't matter what Pokemon there will be, I just want to see a mix of classic and new playstyles and when I mean new, I mean something completely different than what I've seen so far. And since I don't like gimmicky characters, I want the characters to be solid rather than having a completely random playstyle.
Uniqueness doesn't equal popularity or likeliness. Even if it did, there are so many other Pokemon that would also play differently that the ones currently playable. Metagross really doesn't stand out that much when compared to other popular pokemon that would provide unique movesets.

And were sticking to the same path because it's most likely what Sakurai will do, and that's what we are predicting. The chance of him including a fifth-gen (or whatever the newest gen is) rep is much much higher than him choosing a random and not often requested third-gen rep. And if he did, he would go with the previously planned or the popular.

I know that I'm probably coming off negative, but picking a Pokemon based on your personal affinity towards it and the fact that it could be unique aren't solid reasons for actual consideration.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, I think Zoroark looks like a semi-rip off of Lucario, Houndoom, and Mightyena.

Also, as much as I like Deoxys (although not anymore as a playable character), he ain't gonna be playable. He was Pokéball'd fairly early in the Brawl Dojo, and he seems best suited as an OP legendary Pokéball Pokémon that destroys everything on the stage. :bee:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Regardless, Mach Rider is a BAMF!

Well, it doesn't require a complex chart! :laugh:

Just keep it simple. Make each of the :ptbrawl:'s Pokémon with their individual stats and whatnot. And get ride of the dumb HP system. Nobody liked that. And by nobody, I mean not a soul. People with souls don't count. :bee: As for switching (when you get KO'd), just make it like holding down the L-button for :charizardbrawl:, the R-button for :ivysaurbrawl:, and the B-button for :squirtlebrawl:. It's really that simple. :bee:
It's only complex because both sides can adjust their team sizes. I think this solution is better because I know most people liked to only play with one of them, but you had those that preferred to use them all as a team. You could simplify the chart above for the Pokemon Trainer like so:

Three Pokemon: Base attack strength and weight.
Two Pokemon: Attack strength and weight are multiplied by 25% of their base values.
One Pokemon: Increase attack strength and weight base by 50% of their base values.

Not too complex, and map the taunts as your tag outs. With this system, assuming the roster was balanced, it would just be a matter or trial and error to determine the proper scaling values. But yes, that stupid stamina thing has to go.

I think it could work, although the concept of it would have to be seriously nuked to be nerfed from what some people are saying it should be. I'm not surprised people are making out such a character to be broken. I remember pre-Brawl some guy had a :sonicbrawl: moveset, and all of :sonicbrawl:'s moves did at least 20%, and he had at least a dozen super early kill moves. :laugh:
I just have a hard time seeing it being anything but a gimmick or something horribly unbalanced on either end of the spectrum.

D

Deleted member

NeonKid speaks the truth.
I like Entei and it can be unique, but I'm not picking it as a potential candidate even if it has two movies under it's belt, as it's still minor of a Pokemon in terms of promotion.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly, I think Zoroark looks like a semi-rip off of Lucario, Houndoom, and Mightyena.

Also, as much as I like Deoxys (although not anymore as a playable character), he ain't gonna be playable. He was Pokéball'd fairly early in the Brawl Dojo, and he seems best suited as an OP legendary Pokéball Pokémon that destroys everything on the stage. :bee:
I agree about Deoxys, but he's more likely than Metagross.

I guess that proves my Zoroark bias, I also really like Houndoom and Mightyena. :awesome:
Lucario's cool too. I still think that if time constraints are an issue, he will be cut though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom