• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@ChaosKid: I wouldn't say Mewtwo was replaced by Lucario given that Mewtwo was planned to return, just that they did not have time to add in Mewtwo.

Likewise, if say, Zoroark got in and Lucario did not yet Lucario was planned, then I doubt they wanted Lucario to go so much as they didn't get the time to keep him in.

BWT, your avatar is awesome. Wow, The Avenger truly is an event.

D

Deleted member

I didn't say she had a lack of popularity. Just that she isn't really wanted as a Smash character. More expected than wanted.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Having visually deceiving hitboxes is something that can and will go horribly wrong in the long run.
In my scenario, I didn't imagine Zoroark would have visually deceiving hitboxes. When Zoroark changed into the Illusion, she would gain the same hitboxes as the character she is mimicking. It isn't entirely faithful, but it's better than being broken.

@ChaosKid: I wouldn't say Mewtwo was replaced by Lucario given that Mewtwo was planned to return, just that they did not have time to add in Mewtwo.

Likewise, if say, Zoroark got in and Lucario did not yet Lucario was planned, then I doubt they wanted Lucario to go so much as they didn't get the time to keep him in.

BWT, your avatar is awesome. Wow, The Avenger truly is an event.
Yeah, this is what I meant, I just didn't say it well, sorry :embarrass:. I meant that due to time constraints, Sakurai wasn't able to include both characters, and since Lucario/5th gen had priority, they got in. I know that it was never Sakurai's mentality to "replace" Mewtwo or possibly Lucario. It's that many people just assume they got replaced by whoever is new, a misguided view, and one they would blame Zoroark for more than another possible 5th gen, due to the similarities between her and Lucario.

And thanks! I actually just saw the movie a couple days ago. If I hadn't, I would've been plenty upset that Cobalsh spoiled the potential villain for the next one a couple pages back.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I HATE that pokemon thing that was posted. It is making me pick between Serperior and Hitmonlee. UGH HOW DO I CHOOOOOOSE

It keeps giving me tough decisions and I am like only halfway through. >__>

As a result, I feel like it won't be too accurate, mostly for fun I guess.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I didn't say she had a lack of popularity. Just that she isn't really wanted as a Smash character. More expected than wanted.
True, the polls were just for Pokemon, not for Smash, but I don't see how any other 5th gen is more wanted. In Shortie's poll (which is far from official, but a decent gauge) Zoroark has the most votes for a Pokemon newcomer.

She may not be wanted as much as other characters, but she is wanted just as much (or more) than any other Pokemon newcomer. And since a Pokemon newcomer is pretty much a guarantee, I would at least classify Zoroark as a maybe.

(not counting Mewtwo, he is justifiably more wanted)

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Having visually deceiving hitboxes is something that can and will go horribly wrong in the long run. Honestly, I can't think of how the Illusion thing could work except for one possibility, and you guys aren't gonna like it. There's an Eldritch Abomination named Double in Skullgirls. She takes the form of a nun outside of battle, but turns into this when in battle:

Every attack of hers consists of animations from other characters that went unused and even includes three characters that haven't been made playable for one of her Blockbusters. This is the only way I can think of that could utilize Illusion.
Good point, I agree with you now. Those hitboxes would be a ***** to program, let alone use properly in-game. But I don't think Sakurai would have Zoroark as Double or Shao Khan either.

Probably just me, but if there's one thing that Zoroark has against it the most, it's it's moveset. Conversely, Zoroark could not use illusion other than a taunt, but I don't think Sakurai would go with that either.

Here's Smashbot's Zoroark moveset BTW. I doubt Sakurai would be that creative though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@automatic
I would be extremely surprised if we got more than one Pokemon newcomer (not counting Mewtwo).

If Gen 6 is out by then, I doubt we would see a Gen 5 rep ever. Same as Gen 3.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Good point, I agree with you now. Those hitboxes would be a ***** to program, let alone use properly in-game. But I don't think Sakurai would have Zoroark as Double or Shao Khan either.

Probably just me, but if there's one thing that Zoroark has against it the most, it's it's moveset. Conversely, Zoroark could not use illusion other than a taunt, but I don't think Sakurai would go with that either.

Here's Smashbot's Zoroark moveset BTW. I doubt Sakurai would be that creative though.
To me though, if you aren't going to make Zoroark a Double/Shao Kahn, then why bother including her? It's the one thing about her that sticks out and if that won't seem appropriate, then it's best to move on to another character. Still, I'd like to see Zoroark using animations that other characters don't even use. Like have her using Ness' yoyos like Bridget, Peach's parasol as a sword, etc.

MP8 is one of the worst if not THE worst. I was so depressed by having wasted my money on that crap.. I do agree with you that 9 is pretty decent if you just want to have a good time with some friends.
MP8 sucks. The mini games had awkward controls and waggling all day is boring. I also thought the game was kinda sloppy and tedious.
Holder and HF said:
Toad did not appear in........
The reason is complicated but it's 100% assured and sensible. Even the pro-speculators know

But I don't want to explain it because Toad discussions usually lead to rabid bites, explosions, diarrhea and traumatic experiences.
Best Super Hero movie EVER.

Still can't wait for the new Batman movie.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
@automatic
I would be extremely surprised if we got more than one Pokemon newcomer (not counting Mewtwo).
Yeah, Mewtwo isn't really a newcomer, dude would be a returning veteran.

While I'm posting about Mewtwo; I don't expect him but I would be pleasantly surprised if he was included. Btw, I never really felt that Lucario took Mewtwo's place. Mewtwo's moveset has attacks which are very similar to Lucas' aerials and smashes. Some tweaks to Mewtwo's overall moveset can give us a character which would stand apart from the two aforementioned characters.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To me though, if you aren't going to make Zoroark a Double/Shao Kahn, then why bother including her? It's the one thing about her that sticks out and if that won't seem appropriate, then it's best to move on to another character. Still, I'd like to see Zoroark using animations that other characters don't even use. Like have her using Ness' yoyos like Bridget, Peach's parasol as a sword, etc.
Zoroark isn't Ditto though. And that's it's problem.

Illusion is pretty much why Zoroark is notable, kinda like Sonic and his speed. I have confidence in Sakurai to pull a Lucario Aura, but what I don't have confidence in is deadlines and priority.

I have had a thought about Illusion making Zoroark invisble for a short time, would that work at all or would it be broken?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Bet you can't see my third generation bias or my legendary bias.

Not accurate, definitely. Why the hell is Kyogre there and not Groudon? Groudon is way better than that fish ****, everybody knows it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Illusion is pretty much why Zoroark is notable, kinda like Sonic and his speed. I have confidence in Sakurai to pull a Lucario Aura, but what I don't have confidence in is deadlines and priority.

I have had a thought about Illusion making Zoroark invisble for a short time, would that work at all or would it be broken?
I think if Sakurai ran into trouble getting the Illusion to work how he wanted, and time was an issue, Zoroark would still get in but without any Illusion gimmick (maybe just in a taunt or something). He would have Zoroark partially programmed anyway.

Invisibility not being broken would probably depend on how often you could do it and how long it would last. If it was a special that you could spam, it wouldn't work at all, but if it needed to be charged (like the fart) and only lasted a little while, it could probably work.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

That reminds me. I want Aura gone as it is.

And for the invisibility thing, that seems more like an "gimmick" than a defining aspect and would probably only be applicable to supers without being broken.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^Dear lord, I thought it was John. :laugh:

Yes it will be. In some form. Possibly just a name or confirmation it's in development. Maaaybe a trailer. Don't expect much.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Invisibility was just something I had going on in the back of my mind. But it's another checkpoint of what Illusion won't do. lol

There's a difference between Soviet and Bro Knight's icon

Soviet : Normal Ridley
Bro Knight : Still celebrating Christmas until now

Prepare for an extremely interesting, green blue colored wall of text people!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
yh do u think the site will go up after e3, the updates really make the wait fun.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@soviet
I very much doubt it.

The game won't be ready for daily updates, the Brawl Dojo didn't start really updating until over a year after the first trailer.

Plus then it would have to show some sort of gameplay, which I doubt we will even see at this E3.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I forgot that it was Christmas in Johnknight land.
No, Ridley is celebrating Space Pirate Hanukkah, which lasts several months of the year. Also, babies are sacrificed then. ;)
http://web.archive.org/web/200012020812/http://smashbros.com/enter.html

A lot of links don't work, like the "Break Fall" technique on Advanced Moves, which I'm sure is the Z-Cancel.
All I remember is that it wasn't called L-cancelling or Z-cancelling. But judging by what I saw on there, that's probably it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Invisibility was just something I had going on in the back of my mind. But it's another checkpoint of what Illusion won't do. lol
That's another problem. Illusion really doesn't allow for a lot of things beyond a **** load of feints which are something any character is capable of.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Clearly you didn't see the "Fan-Made" in the description.

Can I get a WHOOPS?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW4JMgl8KFE
Nope. I'm always in a nipple suit. :shades:
You just need to imagine it harder.
:rotfl:
But the old Smash Cards work. :D
Smash Cards=??? That stuff is whack bro! Look what it did to Yugi! Now he's the star of a major series that has had a trillion awful spin-off series. :awesome: :grin: :glare:

Also, the poll on the Smash 64 Dojo is awesome. It asked what new Nintendo character should be in the next smash bros game. The Brawl Dojo needs that. The first character that popped into my head: K. Rool. That is weird, considering I want Ridley quite a bit more than I do K. Rool (although I really want both).

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The first character that popped into my head: K. Rool. That is weird, considering I want Ridley quite a bit more than I do K. Rool (although I really want both).
Your obsession with over-sized reptiles...

Edit: berserker01 that seriously made me lawl. XD

This is what shall happen in E3

Expect tripping in the game gaiz! And also air tripping and a stamina system where in characters get tired as they move too much. AND, random choking

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ berserker
Needs spontaneous combustion, bathroom breaks (even in the middle of a fight characters have to go tinkle!), and women having their periods.

Oh, and more choking and tripping. :rotfl:

And watch Smash become too realistic for it's own good.
Your obsession with over-sized reptiles...[COLLAPSE="Click here to be disturbed:"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Your obsession with fish reptile humanoid creatures with a generic personality... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom