• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Neon Kid, this isn't even the worst argument we've had. At one point, this thread was even arguing over whether Toad was really playable in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. So, I'm not surprised by any argument now lol

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah I remember reading through that back when I was lurking. I think I stopped visiting the thread for a while after that. :laugh:

My favourites are ones where people argue if a character is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or... 5th party. Those can descend into ridiculousness very quickly.

@Lukinhasss
Thanks! ^_^
Any excuse to give a rat a giant hammer is one I will take.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I can just imaging the type of arguments people conjure up when the game is revealed...

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
And also remember to show your support for Megaman and Paper Mario, so people don't think you only support unlikely candidates. Somehow it helps validate your credibility. :laugh:
Makes sense. Maybe I should do at least for 1 of them

I think the best way to get positive reception about your ideas is to upfront say how unlikely they are, but state points why although they probably won't get in, they would be cool if they did. That way people know you're being realistic and sensible and are more likely to hear your points.
But... haven't I already done that? Especially in my older posts? But maybe I wasn't clear enough or maybe I had a bad start?

So, if I understood this correctly...
When I suggest an idea, I should be somewhat negative (or not serious?) just to be more realistic? But I can't state those points over and over again, or? I don't want to nag (or worse spam).

Damn, it was a little easier back in Naughty Dog forums when suggesting new guns, maps and character skins for Uncharted 3, because people understood directly (without too much explanation and text) what I wanted to tell (my point) and it was easier for them to decide from the beginning why the stuff was great. But that's maybe because it's very different game and a different fanbase...

Here, I get the feeling that people have already decided what they want to see, or am I completely wrong about this?

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I expect the title of the game and the comfirmation of a new dojo, and maybe if we are lucky some screenshots. It just seem a little too soon to me for a trailer.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I wonder if there is anyone here expecting a trailer for Smash 4 at E3 2012?
TBH, I want more info about Wii U before Smash...
if there's still hope left in humanity, I hope that Wii U will have more online features, something similar to Xbox Live or Playstation Network, so that I can fully enjoy SSB4. I don't want to be completely anonymous when playing this awesome game
and that those friend codes are removed... those are so hard to remember

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am expecting a trailer of some sort. I am also expecting Ridley to be not one of the first, but -the- first newcomer to be revealed.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Smash 64 did come out in 1998, only in Japan though I think

And as far as E3 goes, I'm more concerned about the Wii U itself and what features and games will be revealed for it

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@war
FCs were already confirmed to NOT return.

I'm more hyped for 3DS news than wii u news. I dunno I guess the initial "oooh new console" feeling wore off.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
@war
FCs were already confirmed to NOT return.

I'm more hyped for 3DS news than wii u news. I dunno I guess the initial "oooh new console" feeling wore off.
Ooh it's a gift from above!!

yeah, I just don't seem to understand why can't I be as excited when I was waiting for Wii...
I guess people change over time...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Haven't you asked this already? :laugh:

Anyway, I think the least we will see is the name and confirmation it's in development, and the most we will see is a short CG trailer lacking gameplay. I think it would be in Nintendo's best interest to have as much as they could about the game that would probably bring the most hype to the newest console, even from just a business standpoint, but it still might be too early in development for anything really concrete.

But... haven't I already done that? Especially in my older posts? But maybe I wasn't clear enough or maybe I had a bad start?
I might be interpreting it incorrectly here, but when you put Paper Mario and Megaman in the same list as Krusha and Nathan Drake, it made it seem like you thought they were of equal likelihood, or at least had a chance. I could be very wrong here, and other people might've thought differently, but that's what I took away from it. I understand that's not really what you meant now.

So, if I understood this correctly...
When I suggest an idea, I should be somewhat negative (or not serious?) just to be more realistic? But I can't state those points over and over again, or? I don't want to nag (or worse spam).
When suggesting an idea, it helps if you are realistic about the chances of it actually happening, which in the case of 4/6 of your characters, are really really low to non-existent. Don't be overly negative or positive, just realistic. Some people have skewed realism, but that's another issue.

And you didn't nag. You really only need to state your points again if someone wants clarification or challenges them.
Nobody likes when someone rambles on and on about something barely anyone agrees with or cares about.
*coughimpacough*
But you didn't do that.

Damn, it was a little easier back in Naughty Dog forums when suggesting new guns, maps and character skins for Uncharted 3, because people understood directly (without too much explanation and text) what I wanted to tell (my point) and it was easier for them to decide from the beginning why the stuff was great. But that's maybe because it's very different game and a different fanbase...

Here, I get the feeling that people have already decided what they want to see, or am I completely wrong about this?
Smash is very hard to predict, so from what I can gather, the people in this thread have narrowed it down to the most likely characters, and if it's a good day usually spend most of the time debating the likelihood of their chances, and what they could bring to the Smash table. Granted, I haven't posted here for very long, but I creepily lurked through most of this thread, the old thread, and other sites about SSB4, and that's what's done for the most part. Here I find people are the most level-headed when speculating (for the most part :awesome:).

And I think most people here know what they'd like to see in Smash, or what they expect to see in Smash, but nobody here has the exact same predictions, and Sakurai is a tricky, crafty dude whose bound to defy our expectations again anyway.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
At E3, I only expect a trailer from the 3DS version. Since Sakurai's worked with the 3DS before.

Xhampi

Smash Lord

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think we'll see something. It could very well be a CG trailer showing off the veterans. I'm not expecting much in the gameplay department since development started back in January.

At the very least, we'll get the name.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That make a long time that paper mario 3DS and Luigi's mansion 2 were announced and still we have little to n news about them.
Oh and maybe f-zero fans will finally get a new game i feel sad for them :awesome:
About F-Zero have you seen this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F8UnfQkJfjU
It's fanmade but this is quite good.
We'll probably get some news on Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Animal Crossing.

Yeah, I posted that link a couple days ago, but no one commented. :ohwell:
I'd love an F-Zero for 3DS, but truthfully I'd like one for Wii U more.

But beggars can't be choosers, I'd be happy with any new F-Zero.
If it's as hard as GX was, I'm going to be at it for a while too. :laugh:

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I think we'll see something. It could very well be a CG trailer showing off the veterans. I'm not expecting much in the gameplay department since development started back in January.

At the very least, we'll get the name.

Remember the first trailer about Brawl? (Or I think it was the first trailer...)
When they announced that Solid Snake would make an appearance? I want that kind of a surprise again, I want to see some reactions :p

And about F-Zero
If Sony keeps releasing Wipeout games, then Nintendo should keep with F-Zero
I might buy it if the music is similar to F-Zero in N64, I'm metalhead lol \,,/

And paper mario
I might buy 3DS sooner than I think, since Paper Mario and SSB are on the way

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@xhambi
Hell yea paper Mario ftw. If we can get a slick trailer and a solid release date I'd be happy.

I'm not even 100% confident in a name. Wasn't brawl revolution for a while? Or was that just a working title.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Warheart
I don't think any 3rd party character (that's actually possible) would elicit as much surprise as Snake did.
But then again, I never would've predicted Snake, so who knows.

@disfunk
I think it was only called Revolution from E3 05 to E3 06 when we got the trailer. I forget too though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Trailers for Sakurai games almost always contain something interesting right at the end.

If all we are shown is veterans, I expect at least one newcomer to be shown (or at least hinted at) at the very end of the trailer.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
TBH, I want more info about Wii U before Smash...
if there's still hope left in humanity, I hope that Wii U will have more online features, something similar to Xbox Live or Playstation Network, so that I can fully enjoy SSB4. I don't want to be completely anonymous when playing this awesome game
and that those friend codes are removed... those are so hard to remember
I am positive your wishes will come true, considering all that has been revealed so far. No friend codes are already confirmed with individual user accounts NOT tied to individual consoles. There is already video chat confirmation so i'm betting Nintendo will have a very diverse online and i'm fully expecting Sakurai to take advantage of it all.

So glad the days of running back and forth from the pc to the wii are over. We'll be able to communicate with each other right from the tablet.

I just hope Sakurai changes his mind about leader boards this time around and goes for communities like MK7. I've already forgotten if Uprising had any of that.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You guys and your love for repeating the same topics over and over again. :awesome: It is adorable!

Also, Toad WASN'T playable in New Super Mario Brothers Wii. Silly Metal.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nope, just two generic Toads.

Toad himself, that is, the main Toad, is not playable in every game that "Toad" is playable in. I don't know why people just can't grasp that.

He IS only playable in the appropriate Mario Parties, Karts, Golf, Tennis(not playable in the first Golf, mind you, for the 64), Super Mario Bros. 2, Wario's Woods, and that's about it. He hasn't been playable in a "main game"(if you will) since Wario's Woods(if you count that as a main game). I don't think he was in every single spinoff either, like the Mario Teaches Typing game(s). I can't remember if he was in Mario is Missing(which is a Luigi game, heh).

Mind you, nowhere have I been saying he shouldn't be playable in Smash or that he can't borrow from his brethren for moves. I've only asked, like once, to see a moveset without using NSMBWii, just to see how original people can be. BTW, he's an NPC in that game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@N3ONK1D

since we are talking about characters...
should I support Diskun? :D
Well he would be WTF to almost everybody who never went searching for obscure Nintendo characters (which is probably 99.9% of people who play Smash).

I know I've said that Sakurai can make a moveset out of almost anything, but I think even he might be challenged by a static character who doesn't move and has never shown any potential for anything.
But if you can find a way to make Diskun work, go for it. He would be as obscure (actually more obscure) than either G&W or ROB.

If I had to choose a relatively obscure or super unexpected character, I would go with the Duck Hunt Dog (who is iconic and not obscure -- but unexpected) Sukapon (who seems to have slipped into obscurity even in Japan, and represents Nintendo's previous foray into fighting games) or Sheriff (who is older than G&W, one of the first Nintendo characters, and has more to work with than Diskun, while being almost as obscure).

The thing that would make me go WTF the most would be if Diskun got in and had an actual well-fitting moveset.

Predicting the obscure/unexpected character is usually the hardest out of an already hard roster to predict, but Diskun is a pretty good choice, if you can see him working.

Dear lord, is the Toad talk beginning again...
:nervous:

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I am positive your wishes will come true, considering all that has been revealed so far. No friend codes are already confirmed with individual user accounts NOT tied to individual consoles. There is already video chat confirmation so i'm betting Nintendo will have a very diverse online and i'm fully expecting Sakurai to take advantage of it all.

So glad the days of running back and forth from the pc to the wii are over. We'll be able to communicate with each other right from the tablet.

I just hope Sakurai changes his mind about leader boards this time around and goes for communities like MK7. I've already forgotten if Uprising had any of that.
TBH, leaderboards in general aren't such a great idea for 'some' games
It could work in SSB, but some games like Uncharted (Halo, CoD etc.) it ruins the multiplayer experience. People usually boost their stats by not following a specific objective, which ruins the experience for other gamers, which is bad.
I'm just saying...

@N3ONK1D

From now on, I'm gonna support Diskun, even that I'm not completely sure about this guy lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom