• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I remember buying Sonic and the Seven Rings or whatever. What the **** were they thinking?

Wait no, what the **** was I thinking?

And I'd show my hand for not getting any more Sonic characters, please.
I'd like Tails or Eggman still.

Anyway, Rings was rather mediocre. Music rocked, though.

There's been worse. Rings was just an excuse to use the Wii Remote.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Oh please I hope that Sonic will be the only character from SEGA, I had enough of their terrible games and Sonic's terrible friends. Mega Drive/Genesis FTW

Plus I want that the new character roster will be equal or slightly bigger than Brawls, I think Project Sora should mostly focus on testing the characters, make them unique (no clones) and make them work properly. They should only add characters that are both fun but mostly necessary for the game.

in my opinion, Eggman aka Robotnik could be a boss, not a playable character. make place for other 3rd party game characters!

BTW, no feedback from my earlier post? :(

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
well... come on... it was Metagross... you really think i can take that seriously? i'd rather not notice it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh please I hope that Sonic will be the only character from SEGA, I had enough of their terrible games and Sonic's terrible friends. Mega Drive/Genesis FTW
No wai! NiGHTS would be awesome! Too bad he/she/it/what? will never have a chance. :urg:

But yeah, if we can't have NiGHTS, I agree that there should be no more Sega characters.

[/superbias]

Plus I want that the new character roster will be equal or slightly bigger than Brawls, I think Project Sora should mostly focus on testing the characters, make them unique (no clones) and make them work properly. They should only add characters that are both fun but mostly necessary for the game.
This probably would help fix the balance of the game, however it's not gonna happen. People would either rage at the lack of new characters or the massive cuts. I do think that the number of newcomers per Smash will gradually decrease though.

And "necessary" is pretty subjective. To sort of "complete" the series we already have, I would think only Ridley and K. Rool are "necessary".

Also kinda ironic how you want characters that are "necessary" but also want Krusha, Metagross, etc.

BTW, no feedback from my earlier post? :(
I didn't read the whole thing, but it seems alright. Truthfully I usually only read movesets for characters that have a shot, so I can help visualize them. My imagination is broken. ;):p

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
They do say an undisclosed role at Nintendo. That was probably kept secret at his request to save himself from embarrassment.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He's probably the guy that has to respond to the angry letters over the bad Sonic games from people who think he's a Nintendo character. :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Would make sense. Eario creates Sonic to compete with and take down Mario after years of having to clean up his messes. :laugh:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1222327p1.html
^

[collapse=Woow. After all these years. Who would expect this?]

Woahoo. This must be pretty ironic to be true.

But from the bright side, Nintendo at least will get SEGA flavor to their games in some form now...

You know, after hearing that up, I'd be very looking forward for a new IP, actually. I bet it won't be so casual-kiddy as Mario-series are!!!

And keep Brawl In The Family out of this guys.

[/collapse]

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i didn't know you can cuss via pictures... also, someone made an Eario Luigi texture swap, lol

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LMAO. This news about one of the creators going to Nintendo is old news. Like, older than the news of Roy's redesign. :awesome:
well... come on... it was Metagross... you really think i can take that seriously? i'd rather not notice it.
Metagross is a Pokéball Pokémon. :cool:

Edit: @ Horestail
Change the "wording" on your .gif. You know. That word. Bleep it out or something. :p

Edit 2: I can't believe anything ever referenced Eario. :rolleyes:
At least he is more original than Waluigi/
:rotfl:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
no one put it off as breaking news, dude. if anyone didn't know... now they do.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I still think Smash's story/adventure mode requires some epic Sonic-Mario teaming. If done right, that alone will be worth the price of purchase.

Edit: Happy day late birthday shorts!

People with May birthdays are the best.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i wish smash didn't have a story mode... i don't need a reason to smash!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I wish that story mode was less about smash, and more about the characters, their universes, and enemies colliding/teaming/doing all kinds of crap.

Seriously, I would buy such a story/adventure mode on it's own.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
No wai! NiGHTS would be awesome! Too bad he/she/it/what? will never have a chance. :urg:

But yeah, if we can't have NiGHTS, I agree that there should be no more Sega characters.

[/superbias]
Well I'll take it back what I said about SEGA games...
I heard from a friend that Yakuza games are good

This probably would help fix the balance of the game, however it's not gonna happen. People would either rage at the lack of new characters or the massive cuts. I do think that the number of newcomers per Smash will gradually decrease though.
You're right, people would be pretty upset, but there will be a point where there are no Nintendo characters left, well at least new ones.

And I also think that Sakurai has said that adding only new characters won't cut it this time, I wonder what he really means about this (focus on something else or in general).

And "necessary" is pretty subjective. To sort of "complete" the series we already have, I would think only Ridley and K. Rool are "necessary".

Also kinda ironic how you want characters that are "necessary" but also want Krusha, Metagross, etc.
Damn I sometimes hate myself when choosing words. (OK how should I explain this...)
What I meant was what (oh god my english looks terrible here) Sakurai and Project Sora thinks about the current roster and what we all fans want. It's what they think, not only what 'I' think...

And yes, those are after all my suggestions and people may choose if they are good or bad. It doesn't really matter for anyone, including me, if I take my suggestions seriously. I think the main point with suggestions are to bring something new to the table and hopefully get response from that. Why should I support characters that are already popular? Then my vote wouldn't really mean anything, because then I'll be exactly the same as anyone else here...
That's the reason why I won't do any Paper Mario or Mega Man movesets

I didn't read the whole thing, but it seems alright. Truthfully I usually only read movesets for characters that have a shot, so I can help visualize them. My imagination is broken. ;):p
Understandable.... but you made me sad... :(
but I knew that from the beginning that I'm gonna get positive or negative comments (almost the same thing at Naughty Dog forums, except that the developers were also listening), so I shouldn't whine. I'm gonna keep supporting my ideas and read more about what other people has to say...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I remember John bringing up Sakurai's opinion on Toad and saying it was stated in the Melee Dojo. Maybe I'll ask him if he has a link or something. I know it's pretty much beating a dead horse at this time, but now I'm curious, does anybody actually have any proof towards this?
Again, Omega had a link or something to it. At least, I think it was Omega. I just merely ran with what Omega (or whoever posted it said).

Next week (when I'm finally done with skool) I'll dig through the Melee Dojo and my other sources heavily and try to find whether or not it's there.

Also, we need to re-find the Smash 64 Dojo link(s). Seriously, the Smash 64 Dojo had some interesting stuff.

Z-cancelling (Smash 64's L-cancelling) was an "official" advanced technique on it! :laugh: The site even taught you how to do it! :chuckle:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can't find the WayBack Machine man. I must have lost it in my invisible car. :ohwell: :shades: :cool:

@ N3
Yeah, that's the Japanese Smash 64 Dojo. (good find bro; is that in the BRoom links list=???)

However, the (American) English Smash 64 Dojo is the one I am referring to.

Regardless, the Japanese version of said site might have a part on Z-cancelling.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
They've raced go-karts. They've thrown a party. Now, Nintendo's cast of characters are taking their competitive spirit some place it's never been before.
Wait... so you're telling that Kirby, Link, Samus, Fox and other Non-Mario characters have been in Mario Kart and Mario Party before? (-l_l-);

And competitive spirit... yeah...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Kirby Air Ride. Kirby 64 had a Party Mode.

James McCloud technically was in F-Zero.

I could go on.

Also, he's referring to Nintendo characters in general.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well I'll take it back what I said about SEGA games...
I heard from a friend that Yakuza games are good
Don't change your opinion on Sega representation on my account. NiGHTS is really just a pipe dream of mine. And yeah, Sega does have other decent games, but Sonic is far and away their most promoted character to the point where the others gain little popularity outside small groups.

You're right, people would be pretty upset, but there will be a point where there are no Nintendo characters left, well at least new ones.
There will always be Nintendo characters at Sakurai's disposal, but I agree they will start becoming less and less notable, and won't help bring in sales very much. Especially since Nintendo really doesn't add that many new notable characters to help balance out the older ones. But I agree, which is why I think there will start being fewer character per Smash. However this one will probably receive at least around 12 new characters. At least.

And I also think that Sakurai has said that adding only new characters won't cut it this time, I wonder what he really means about this (focus on something else or in general).
He says something to this extent every time. It just means that he also wants to add new features (like Wii U/3DS connectivity) instead of just adding more characters/stages/etc.

Damn I sometimes hate myself when choosing words. (OK how should I explain this...)
What I meant was what (oh god my english looks terrible here) Sakurai and Project Sora thinks about the current roster and what we all fans want. It's what they think, not only what 'I' think...

And yes, those are after all my suggestions and people may choose if they are good or bad. It doesn't really matter for anyone, including me, if I take my suggestions seriously. I think the main point with suggestions are to bring something new to the table and hopefully get response from that. Why should I support characters that are already popular? Then my vote wouldn't really mean anything, because then I'll be exactly the same as anyone else here...
That's the reason why I won't do any Paper Mario or Mega Man movesets
Don't worry, the times where what I have typed down is what I actually meant to say come very rarely, and often surprise me. :laugh:

And I agree, Sakurai looks at what the majority wants instead of a few individuals. It's pretty much the standard for gauging popularity.

I think the best way to get positive reception about your ideas is to upfront say how unlikely they are, but state points why although they probably won't get in, they would be cool if they did. That way people know you're being realistic and sensible and are more likely to hear your points.

And also remember to show your support for Megaman and Paper Mario, so people don't think you only support unlikely candidates. Somehow it helps validate your credibility. :laugh:

I'm gonna keep supporting my ideas and read more about what other people has to say...
Good! I don't think you should drop your support for those characters if you really like them, but maybe also balance it out with support for more likely candidates.

Hopefully next post I don't come off this preachy. :awesome:

Johnknight1 said:
Yeah, that's the Japanese Smash 64 Dojo. (good find bro; is that in the BRoom links list=???)

However, the (American) English Smash 64 Dojo is the one I am referring to.
Oh, my bad, sorry. :embarrass: That was the only one I had a link to.

I got to it from a link on the Melee Dojo, which I found in the BRoom. I'm sure that link is in the BRoom somewhere though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Kirby Air Ride. Kirby 64 had a Party Mode.

James McCloud technically was in F-Zero.

I could go on.

Also, he's referring to Nintendo characters in general.
But... c'mon, both came out AFTER SMASH 64.

Kirby 64 - 2000

Kirby Air Ride - 2003-2004?

Smash 64 - 1998

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@64 Dojo: Yep there's a link in the BR to the Japanese one at least.

Am I prepared or what. :shades:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Are you guys really arguing about a promotional blurb from 13 years ago?

Technically as he didn't refer to any characters specifically, Mario, DK, Yoshi, and Luigi had done those things before, so it's not wrong. And as Hyper said, it's just referring to Nintendo characters in general.

Plus if promotional slogans mattered we would've been done with the "Brawl to end them all". :laugh:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
@N3ONK1D:

This sign with these Pikachus representing The Avengers is really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom