• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's where I read John's claim in the first place, lol.

Don't worry, I'm working my way through it, there's alot to read. Even when I realized I've read something in it before, I read it again. :laugh:
When I checked those pages I just used ctrl F and typed Toad's japanese name in the search box.

I think his name only came up a few times, and from what I can remember it was mostly fans saying that they thought he was hilarious and somewhat fitting as Peach's Neutral Special.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
When I checked those pages I just used ctrl F and typed Toad's japanese name in the search box.

I think his name only came up a few times, and from what I can remember it was mostly fans saying that they thought he was hilarious and somewhat fitting as Peach's Neutral Special.
Yeah that's what I did too. I think I went through it twice, :laugh:. At least some of the other stuff (that I could understand) was interesting. Also interesting to see some of the changes from the finished product in some of the screenshots. Plus reading through the questionnaire really enforces how many people wanted Sukapon. He did pretty decently in the Melee poll, I wonder what happened to his popularity. Could it really have disappeared because of Sakurai's discouraging statements about him? I thought people were more stubborn than that. :awesome:

Well I think he'd still be cool.

*Huff* *Huff*

I couldn't find Toad anywhere in the melee questionnaire (x_x) or maybe I'm not searching hard enough....

Fun fact about the levels in RtDL

C-ookie Country
R-aisin Ruins
O-nion Ocean
W-hite Wafers
N-utty Noon
E-gg Engines
D-angerous Dinner

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thank you, Horsetail. I hate it when people take it out of context.

Anyway, what we do know is that at this time, he finds him better as Peach's move. This doesn't mean he can't be playable. As for him fighting, well... unless the new Paper Mario has a Toad for a partner, I kind of agree that he's not a guy who would usually fight. Key term being usually.

But I'd say he fights enough, so he could totally get in. Could is the notable part.

Anyway, what we do know is that at this time, he finds him better as Peach's move. This doesn't mean he can't be playable. As for him fighting, well... unless the new Paper Mario has a Toad for a partner, I kind of agree that he's not a guy who would usually fight. Key term being usually.

But I'd say he fights enough, so he could totally get in. Could is the notable part.
Just in time, Hyer. There's a green Toad for Mario's partner in PM 3DS

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

The new Paper Mario 3DS game seems to have a green Toad for a partner. Video

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just in time, Hyper. There's a green Toad for Mario's partner in PM 3DS
...I wish it was the main Toad. Well, another generic Toad, but it makes sense, technically. I hope he/she has a NAME. Like Toadeeny.

I think, depending on what s/he does... would certainly help. I just wish Main Toad had more fighting roles. He's somewhat lacking.(although Peach is too, I think she fought more overall, though... Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Princess Peach, all three Paper Marios, was that it? All Main Toad has is strictly Super Mario Bros. 2 and Wario's Woods)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, mine was worse. Toadeeny = Toad + Greeny.

Also, we need more Toad colors. We have Red, Blue, Yellow, Red Hat + Blue Vest(Main Toad), Pink(Toadette), what about the rest? We just got Green, maybe Black? Orange? Pink(outside of Toadette, I think...)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
...I wish it was the main Toad. Well, another generic Toad, but it makes sense, technically. I hope he/she has a NAME. Like Toadeeny.

I think, depending on what s/he does... would certainly help. I just wish Main Toad had more fighting roles. He's somewhat lacking.(although Peach is too, I think she fought more overall, though... Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Princess Peach, all three Paper Marios, was that it? All Main Toad has is strictly Super Mario Bros. 2 and Wario's Woods)
That doesn't matter. Peach only had Super Mario Bros. 2 (vegetables, floating) and Super Mario RPG (slaps, frying pan, parasol) under her belt when she was added in Melee. Peach didn't really do any fighting in the first Paper Mario, though. All she did was bake a cake and disguise herself as an generic enemy. Super Paper Mario was the first time she actually did some fighting in a Paper Mario game.

And people generally don't care if it is a generic Toad or the Toad. They just want Toad. Period. They just want the red-capped Mushroom Retainer in a blue vest. They all look the same anyway. Haven't you seen Mario games where there are many Toads who have the same colors? And the palette swaps will likely have the other generic Toad colors like Red Toad (Toad Brigade Captain), Yellow Toad (NSMBWii), Blue Toad (NSMBWii), Green Toad (Paper Mario 3DS), Purple Toad (Mailtoad), Pink Toad (Toadette), and Brown Toad (Toadsworth). So, really... it doesn't really matter if the playable Toad in Smash is a generic Toad or the Toad himself in the long run. They are not asking for Toadette or Toadsworth. They are asking for Toad. Just Toad.

I'm pretty darn sure that every life form in the universe assumes that Toad has appeared in every Mario game. Lol.

Question.... Now with Wario added in Brawl, the neutral B controversy being cleared, non-fighter material being false and games that present Toad's capabilities (Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario 3D), the only wall that stands in Toad's way is Sakurai. It doesn't seem like Sakurai has payed attention to Toad that much. He also has rabid popularity and fanbase and his design is so unique that no character in Smash has somewhat the same design.

Despite the slight iffy doubts, you think Toad has a pretty decent or good shot at getting in? Not chance. Shot :|

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh no I failed at quoting let me ruin the bottom of my post with a terrible edit bar.

Aha! Now your above post is obsolete!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Toad is also the only recurring Mario character who is not based on any existing Mario character in Smash.

Dr. Mario and Paper Mario are based off Mario.
Waluigi is based off Luigi and Wario.
Daisy and Rosalina are based off Peach.
Bowser Jr. is based off Bowser.

That makes Toad the most unique-looking potential Mario newcomer. That might be a good thing for Toad. Sakurai wants unique characters. I mean, yes, we have clones but it's only because they are last minute additions to buff the roster due to time constraints.

Toad's unique and all yeah but I'm still feeling like this guy in the collapse tag:

So what's with the "Had"? :dizzy:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If anything, the only thing holding Toad back is Sakurai's reluctance to overload the Smash roster with Mario characters. But I find this reason to be dubious. If he was fine with adding Dr. Mario in Brawl, why would he be hesistant to replace Dr. Mario with Toad? I mean, since he is fine with cutting Dr. Mario after all... so why not just replace Dr. Mario with Toad? Since he did put Dr. Mario in Melee as a clone instead of Wario as a clone.... maybe Sakurai doesn't want Toad to be a clone either or something. I dunno but whatever the reason, at least Toad would have been unique than Dr. Mario, aesthetically and moveset-wise.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty darn sure that every life form in the universe assumes that Toad has appeared in every Mario game. Lol.
True. Although not every game that Mario is in.(Smash 64)

Question.... Now with Wario added in Brawl, the neutral B controversy being cleared, non-fighter material being false and games that present Toad's capabilities (Luigi's Mansion 2 and Paper Mario 3D), the only wall that stands in Toad's way is Sakurai. It doesn't seem like Sakurai has payed attention to Toad that much. He also has rabid popularity and fanbase and his design is so unique that no character in Smash has somewhat the same design.
Well, other than Toad being a move... it would be easy to change that design to Toadsworth(best choice, due to him being a literal Guard of Peach) and have Main Toad playable.(with costumes via the other versions)

Despite the slight iffy doubts, you think Toad has a pretty decent or good shot at getting in? Not chance. Shot :|
I'd say he's viable now, but not terribly likely. I'd say in Forbidden 7 territory(new characters), IMO.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
OK, I've decided...
I will try to come up with some cool movesets for following characters and hopefully get some more people to like them:

Metagross
General Guy
Krusha

If I can't find a working moveset for a specific character, I will not post the moveset at all.
Btw, if I got some extra time, then a moveset for Paper Mario would be fun, even though he's already popular here...

Btw, do following Pokemon have potential to be in SSB?

Gengar (hopefully different than Mewtwo)
Golurk (possible boss like Rayquaza or Master Hand?)
Scrafty (or Scraggy)

I won't bother with movesets for these 3. I want to hear opinions first...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Krusha needs his orange grenade gun for his B move.

Impa >>> Toon Sheik though.

Isn't it you know, much more likely to have an actual appearing character in the series appear as a clone of Sheik instead of something made up? The very fact a Toon Sheik was considered, there being no Toon Sheik around, and Impa's re-appearance in Toon style in Skyward Sword should definitly NOT rule her out.

Not that she'd be a clone, but if the project of having a Toon Zelda being made playable, why not opt for Skyward Sword Zelda? Why not try to make her more unique with having Impa, who as said before, has plenty of potential being unique. At the least unique like Lucas is (except, specials would be more unique with Impa, not regular moves where she might share a few moves with Sheik).

Then again, with Impa's increasing role in the series and Sheik's enourmously declining role, I still say a replacement idea isn't a bad idea at all. Split up Zelda and Sheik and have Impa instead of Sheik. It's also an idea that has possibilities of happening, and it cannot be denied.

I'll say it again, I personally think Impa is one of the most likely Zelda characters who would be made playable in Smash. Toon Sheik holds no competition. :smirk:

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Metagross in Smash: I really doubt that would happen, although, like Lucario, Metagross is being advertised. Like with Zoroark vs. Lucario, B/W2 seems to be pulling a Haxorus vs. Metagross deal. So the idea isn't completely out there, but still kind of awkward.
I remember when I first caught Metagross with a Pokeball

Boy, was I happy

Happy Birthday Shortie! (didn't notice)

@GoldenYuiitusin: I used to be like you as well in regards to Pichu, then I recognized that I used to play with Pichu a lot (even more than Pikachu) and would definitely enjoy playing as him if he returned.
Same here

Kinda off topic but, TOONAMISBACK*****ES. :cool:
Who the **** cares if it's off topic

TOM is back on TV once more, so that's all that matters :shades:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Metagross should've used Meteor Mash in Brawl as an attack. He was kinda underwhelming. Felt like a Venusaur replacement at best.

I'd say he's viable now, but not terribly likely. I'd say in Forbidden 7 territory(new characters), IMO.
If there was a meter like this vvvv

Slightly likely ---------- Very likely

He'd be smacked in the middle imo. Not very or slightly likely.

@impa: I honestly don't really care if Impa replaces Sheik or not. I'm thinking that the removal of Sheik might cause a huge racket.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Toon Shiek? Wouldn't that be Tetra at best? I see an interesting moveset with her, but in the Zelda department, they should just split Zelda/Shiek and add a LoZ character. coughyounglinkcough

On the matter of Metagross being playable... I, for one, liked Metagross because he's a good shield on Multi-Man Brawl. I had a huge issue with 15 Min. Brawl, but Metagross saved my ***... Until I died because my batteries failed :/ Btw, tip for 15 Min.: When it has just one Alloy out, just avoid him for the rest of the battle. I got the achievement with ease.

Haxorus being playable VS Hydreigon being playable. Hydreigon's been my favorite Dragon-type of B&W, and besides Dragonite, is my favorite.

Oh, and Diablo III is out! Too bad I don't have a computer that supports that information ;_; Such a shame...

Also, I got a question, and it's a little off topic, but in SSBB, when you beat All-Star mode with Lucario, it'll have that mini-video of Lucario's Victory video. Before it says "Congratulations!", it has a picture of just Lucario on The Halberd with a close-up mugshot. Can anyone link me that picture, please?

D

Deleted member

Yay, Toonami is back. Now I will finally watch TV again.

@Warheart_666: Sadly, none of them really have a chance, but it'd be awesome to see Scrafty in Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tetra is old news now, why base Toon Zelda on Wind Waker, when there's also Skyward Sword, which doesn't have a character yet? And you know, adding Toon Zelda / Tetra and THEN Impa / Queerahim AND revamp Ganondorf would be too much. I prefer adding only Impa, splitting Zelda, no Sheik and huge buffs for Brawl's Hyrule tier (with some new moves for Link and Zelda to) along with an almost complete unique Ganondorf (keep the F Air, Murder Choke, F Tilt, U Tilt and U Air). Also, make Toon Link more Luigified or make Link a mix between both Brawl / Melee / 64 Link and Brawl Toon Link.

Also, my girlfriend calls me a monkey. :diddy:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't care what they do with Impa or Shiek. All I want is Lucario, Young Link, Dillon, Quote, or Victini to come over. Really.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Young Link and Skyward Sword Link (Link + Toon Link combo) would work well enough, but I'd want Young Link to be Majoras Mask inspired. Masks or no masks. Just no Kokiri Sword and Deku Shield. Would be a nice touch especially if Sheik is gone.

I ain't such a bad guy after all. :reverse:

In fact, I even support the idea now. Young Link 4 Smash! :younglinkmelee:

Hopefully Majoras Mask gets a 3DS announcement though. Otherwise, I'm not expecting it to happen.

Also, wasn't the next 3DS Zelda announced to be a Toon Link game? Then, I don't expect much from Young Link, unless they CALL Toon Link after Young Link, because Skyward Sword might also be Toon-styled, so calling the child Link Toon wouldn't make much sense. :toonlink:

D

Deleted member

The stupidity of people irks me...
I frigging hate it when people don't understand why Toon Link is called TOON Link.

It's NOT, I repeat, NOT because of the frigging cel-shaded art style! You know why? BECAUSE BRAWL DOES NOT USE THAT ART STYLE FOR HIM. SS Link, if he was in the next Smash, would not have the same texture as he does in SS, obviously, so how would be be "Toon" in any way either?!?

You want to know why Toon Link is called TOON Link? Because of his carTOONish proportions. I.e. Big head, tiny legs, big cat eyes, etc. Jesus, people, it's not that effing difficult to comprehend!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The celshaded art style does have some to do with it. Could you imagine Toon Link with those body porportions with realistic graphic style, say like Twilight Princess? No, I couldn't either. :smirk:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The stupidity of people irks me...
I frigging hate it when people don't understand why Toon Link is called TOON Link.

It's NOT, I repeat, NOT because of the frigging cel-shaded art style! You know why? BECAUSE BRAWL DOES NOT USE THAT ART STYLE FOR HIM. SS Link, if he was in the next Smash, would not have the same texture as he does in SS, obviously, so how would be be "Toon" in any way either?!?

You want to know why Toon Link is called TOON Link? Because of his carTOONish proportions. I.e. Big head, tiny legs, big cat eyes, etc. Jesus, people, it's not that effing difficult to comprehend!
You right! Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, and Minish Cap are still considered Toon Legend of Zelda games regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom