• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still looks way more like Wind Waker Link than Twilight Princess Link. Perhaps that's a lucky coincide though?

Cecile looks cool though. Hopefully Sigurd will be DLC to, which I expect, since even Micaiah and Elincia made it. Can't wait to see Hector and Ike though, as they're my favorites.

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Fire Emblem characters aren't mostly too unique looking anyway. The series rock badly though.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I really don't like Celice's new look. They've been pretty good, but this just sucks. The peacock thing doesn't help.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Peacocks are ****ing manly the hell y'all complaining about?

Need to play FE4 though. Admitted, I never got to the part where you actually play as Cecille.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He's basically a more feminine Marth, but I think new Cecile looks more manly than new Marth. He's the son of Sigurd, so of coarse he should be more manly.

@R.O.B: Thing is, if it wasn't for the graphic style, Toon Link wouldn't be made with such a giant head and cat eyes. It's a worthless debate anyway, nothing to get as mad over as GoldenY did.

Impa 4 Smash!

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just saw Celice, definitely the worse redesign after Micaiah. :p

It's awesome that you also get the Paragon skill from his mission though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If you didn't know better, you'd think Marth was a girly man and Celice was a tomboy.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
OK, here's my first moveset for Metagross

Metagross (v.0.1)

Neutral A: Bullet Punch 1
Pretty similar to Solid Snake's Neutral A, two stomps and then a finishing blow...

Forward A: Bullet Punch 2 (or Thrust would probably be a better name)
If you wanna do very quick and rangy attack, well, this is the one...
It's pretty similar to DDD's Forward A, but instead of using a hammer, he uses his front legs to thrust or push the opponent away from him and do small damage.

Up A: Headbutt
A quick headbutt to send the opponent upwards... nothing remarkable...

Down A: -

Forward Smash: Hammer Arm
Metagross will lift his front legs up in the air, building his power and then he smashes them to the ground with brute force. Simple...

I'm just questioning the range of this attack. Should it have the same range like Donkey Kong's forward smash, or should it be more like DDD's instead?

Up Smash: -

Down Smash: Earthquake
He will start levitating and then put all or his four big legs up in the air (correct grammar?), and then slam them to the ground to deal some damage.

Unlike in Brawl, this move should not be used to bury the opponent to the ground, the earthquake should launch the opponents up in the air, so that Metagross can do some cool air combos (or just a powerful air attack).

It should look and function more like Wario's down smash in Project M:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fAcxTRR6mg

Neutral A (Air): Rapid Spin (or just Spin because he doesn't learn Rapid Spin)
Pretty obvious I guess, spins for a while and does average amount of damage (multiple hits).

Down A (Air): Meteor smash (not Meteor Mash lol)
Also a pretty obvious choice, he will use his weight and all of his four legs to make this attack as powerful as possible.
Just imagine the power in this attack from this giant beast and what it can cause... poor Jigglypuff...

Up A (Air): -

Front A (Air): -

Back A (Air): -

Neutral Special: Meteor Mash
I'm actually not 100% sure how Metagross should execute this...
Right now I've got 2 options:

1. You can power this move up the same way like Donkey Kong's Giant Punch (is the name correct?) and after that, unleash hell on the opponent.
2. Functions the same way as Ganondorf's punch, first charge and then immediately punch the opponent to send them to the moon.

Forward Special: I got 2 options and I just couldn't decide which one is better...
1. Zen Headbutt
I'm not completely sure how this move should work at all...
It could be the complete opposite to Fox's forward special (Illusion?). It takes like 0,5 seconds before he attacks and then he charges like a crazy bull and does an average amount of damage (not too weak, but not too powerful either). This move is not necessarily meant to KO opponents, it should rather send them forward, so that they hopefully end up in front of Metagross and then he can easily grab the opponent or use Meteor Mash to KO them.

2. Flash Cannon
I probably don't need to write too much about this one...
He'll power up some kind of small energy ball and then sends it forward and hopefully hits a target. The range shouldn't be too long, but still not too short either...

If you ask me, I'll go for Zen Headbutt, because it could suit more for a big fellow like Metagross, and I think that he can accomplish more with this move (when it comes to both combos and sending opponents off-screen), or?
If you want to send them forward, use Zen Headbutt...
If you want to send them in the air... read more about his next special move...

Up Special: Magnet Rise
Personally, I think this is one of his more interesting moves compared with other characters...
When you use this move, he will start levitating for a short time and hopefully recover himself. But that's not the interesting part...

If he uses this move on the ground and if some opponents are standing close enough to Metagross, he will send them up in the air without taking damage (or approx. 6%) so that he can easily deal some damage to opponents in the air. Though the opponent should definitely not be helpless for too long...

Btw, should Metagross be able to power this move up before he unloads it? Makes things even more interesting?

Down Special: Iron Defense
This was also a very tricky one, but this is the best that I can come up with...

Since Metagross is a Steel type Pokemon, he can use typing to his advantage by using the move Iron Defense.
It works exactly the same way as Kirby's Stone move. He can use it to protect himself from lethal damage or to send them flying...

If anyone has a better option, please post it!

Movement on ground
Pretty slow when walking, but quite fast when running... or levitating...

Movement in air
When he jumps forwards, it should be sligthly faster when he jumps upwards, almost like Wario.
This is pretty important to Metagross because it suits perfectly with the special move Zen Headbutt.

Crawling (when you press Down and then moving forward)
Since he looks like a spider, I think he should be able to do this with no sweat...
I think he should also get some armor properties by using this technique to help him gain a upper hand. It also makes sense because of his typing (Steel) and most importantly in SSB, his size.
Here's a video about demonstration of Bowser in Project M:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx49ot85IT4

It should work exactly the same, it should only work for weaker attacks, otherwise it would be OP.

This moveset is not written in stone (v.0.1), the reason is simply because you can post opinions and feedback, so that I can improve Metagross as much as possible.

Thanks for reading and sorry about my grammar :)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
question... is the same artist drawing all these redesigns? i dont feel like it is when looking at Micaiah's and comparing it with Roy's

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
question... is the same artist drawing all these redesigns? i dont feel like it is when looking at Micaiah's and comparing it with Roy's
No, they're all different. IIRC, Roy's was done by The Last Story's character designer.

D

Deleted member

Nope, different artists.

Also, Diddy, the point is that Toon Link does not use cel-shading in Brawl. If you seriously think he does, you don't know what cel-shading is.

Compare this with the Brawl picture.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Replies to stuff said whilst I wasn't here.

If anything, the only thing holding Toad back is Sakurai's reluctance to overload the Smash roster with Mario characters. But I find this reason to be dubious. If he was fine with adding Dr. Mario in Brawl, why would he be hesistant to replace Dr. Mario with Toad? I mean, since he is fine with cutting Dr. Mario after all... so why not just replace Dr. Mario with Toad? Since he did put Dr. Mario in Melee as a clone instead of Wario as a clone.... maybe Sakurai doesn't want Toad to be a clone either or something. I dunno but whatever the reason, at least Toad would have been unique than Dr. Mario, aesthetically and moveset-wise.
I agree. I really don't think Sakurai has a reluctance to put Mario characters in, he just thought the characters added in Brawl had more priority than adding a Mario character. There have been two games now where the plan was to have five Mario characters like you said, so adding one more in SSB4 wouldn't be unlikely, even if it isn't the Doc. Although if Sakurai considers DK characters part of Mario, the chances might be a little more unlikely because of the competition, though still plausible.

OK, I've decided...
I will try to come up with some cool movesets for following characters and hopefully get some more people to like them:

Metagross
General Guy
Krusha

If I can't find a working moveset for a specific character, I will not post the moveset at all.
Btw, if I got some extra time, then a moveset for Paper Mario would be fun, even though he's already popular here...
Good luck, but if you're the only one pioneering these characters (who don't get me wrong, could work), it means they have pretty much no demand to be playable, even if they would be cool. They can be a pipe dream for you, sure, but don't expect any of them to be playable in Smash. Ever. If you switched Krusha for K. Rool and General Guy for... Shy Guy, you would get some support. At least Metagross will probably return as a Pokeball Pokemon.

Btw, do following Pokemon have potential to be in SSB?

Gengar (hopefully different than Mewtwo)
Golurk (possible boss like Rayquaza or Master Hand?)
Scrafty (or Scraggy)

I won't bother with movesets for these 3. I want to hear opinions first...
Gengar is awesome, and the other two are alright, but the most any of them will get are pokeball status. If you want to support Pokemon that actually have a shot (even a very small one), you'll probably have to choose from these:

Mewtwo, Meowth, Pichu, Plusle & Minun, Deoxys, Lucario, Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect.

Meloetta might also make that list soon. Also not counting a second trainer, which isn't likely, but isn't impossible.

Also, the next Fire Emblem DLC has been revealed. It's Celice. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/afej/dlc/dlc_0524.html#dlc0524b
If he didn't look like a woman before, he DEFINITELY looks like a woman now. :smirk:
He face looks strange but his outfit looks.. decent. I don't mind the peacock-ness.

I'm guessing the next lord will be from FE7. That's the only one without representation yet, right?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
If anything, the only thing holding Toad back is Sakurai's reluctance to overload the Smash roster with Mario characters. But I find this reason to be dubious. If he was fine with adding Dr. Mario in Brawl, why would he be hesistant to replace Dr. Mario with Toad? I mean, since he is fine with cutting Dr. Mario after all... so why not just replace Dr. Mario with Toad? Since he did put Dr. Mario in Melee as a clone instead of Wario as a clone.... maybe Sakurai doesn't want Toad to be a clone either or something. I dunno but whatever the reason, at least Toad would have been unique than Dr. Mario, aesthetically and moveset-wise.
Well first off Dr. Mario was a clone idea to buff up the roster that he liked and he was fond of the music. Therefore, there is no need to replace him. He is in, and now he is out, and he wasn't even considered to be added in nor replaced in Brawl. There is absolutely no need, again. Even more so now than ever.

The new Paper Mario 3DS game seems to have a green Toad for a partner. Video
Ah! I didn't notice that, thank you Arcadenik.

It may not be a partner however, it could be a character that is simply following him, that has happened before I think. That Toad looks awfully generic to be a partner, Paper Mario's partners generally have something to set them apart aesthetically, and I doubt being green would be it.

I remember when I first caught Metagross with a Pokeball

Boy, was I happy
Metagross is one of the most badass pokemon of all time.

Just that he has no chance of being a character Warheart.

Krusha needs his orange grenade gun for his B move.

Impa >>> Toon Sheik though.

Isn't it you know, much more likely to have an actual appearing character in the series appear as a clone of Sheik instead of something made up? The very fact a Toon Sheik was considered, there being no Toon Sheik around, and Impa's re-appearance in Toon style in Skyward Sword should definitly NOT rule her out.

Not that she'd be a clone, but if the project of having a Toon Zelda being made playable, why not opt for Skyward Sword Zelda? Why not try to make her more unique with having Impa, who as said before, has plenty of potential being unique. At the least unique like Lucas is (except, specials would be more unique with Impa, not regular moves where she might share a few moves with Sheik).

Then again, with Impa's increasing role in the series and Sheik's enourmously declining role, I still say a replacement idea isn't a bad idea at all. Split up Zelda and Sheik and have Impa instead of Sheik. It's also an idea that has possibilities of happening, and it cannot be denied.

I'll say it again, I personally think Impa is one of the most likely Zelda characters who would be made playable in Smash. Toon Sheik holds no competition. :smirk:
Stop trying to spout having a tag-team. It is quite literally the worst idea ever and I bet money that it won't happen ever.

Tetra is old news now, why base Toon Zelda on Wind Waker, when there's also Skyward Sword, which doesn't have a character yet? And you know, adding Toon Zelda / Tetra and THEN Impa / Queerahim AND revamp Ganondorf would be too much. I prefer adding only Impa, splitting Zelda, no Sheik and huge buffs for Brawl's Hyrule tier (with some new moves for Link and Zelda to) along with an almost complete unique Ganondorf (keep the F Air, Murder Choke, F Tilt, U Tilt and U Air). Also, make Toon Link more Luigified or make Link a mix between both Brawl / Melee / 64 Link and Brawl Toon Link.
Your preferences aren't really what is best just because you prefer it. We aren't guaranteed getting a revamped Ganondorf, and we can plainly see that if we are to get another slot on the roster, Toon Zelda/Tetra or Ghirahim would be more likely to get it. There are too many more reasons for them as opposed to Impa.

D

Deleted member

Well first off Dr. Mario was a clone idea to buff up the roster that he liked and he was fond of the music. Therefore, there is no need to replace him. He is in, and now he is out, and he wasn't even considered to be added in nor replaced in Brawl. There is absolutely no need, again. Even more so now than ever.

Dude, what are you talking about? Dr. Mario is within Brawl's data.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the idea is that is shows Sakurai is open to having the Mario series have five characters, which some people didn't agree with. I would agree that there are better characters than the Doc to give the fifth slot, but he was supposed to be added twice, which means Sakurai is probably still open to more potential Mario reps.

Plus what Golden said.

D

Deleted member

I'm guessing the next lord will be from FE7. That's the only one without representation yet, right?

Let's see, we got Marth for 1, 3, 11, and 12.
Alm for 2.
Celice for 4.
Leaf for 5.
Roy for 6.
Ephraim for 8.
Elincia for 9 and 10.
Micaiah for 10.

So yeah, 7 still needs a rep, be it Hector, Lyn, or Eliwood.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh, my apologies, I forgot he was in there. Was thinking both Pichu and Doc weren't in. XD

Also, N3ON, dat sig...

D

Deleted member

I don't care what anyone says, Eggman should totally be in the next Smash. Yes, even before Tails.

And he should be in the Egg Walker, since that's what he was in in his first (and currently only) legitimate, non-spinoff playable appearance.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Toon Shiek? Wouldn't that be Tetra at best? I see an interesting moveset with her, but in the Zelda department, they should just split Zelda/Shiek and add a LoZ character. coughyounglinkcough
Tetra was not in the data. Only Toon Sheik was. Yes, a made-up clone was considered(again).

It was another clone idea to buff the roster, obviously. Plus, an excuse to get Toon Zelda as playable.

Mind you, I prefer Tetra, but we're talking about what was planned, not what should happen.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That was probably the only 3D Sonic game I played start to finish. Why did they stop making games like that one?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
GoldenYuiitusin said:
Personally I hope it's Lyn, but Hector would be cool too. We could always use more axes. :awesome:

@Holder
IKR! it's all kinds of awesome. :pikachumelee:

D

Deleted member

That was probably the only 3D Sonic game I played start to finish. Why did they stop making games like that one?
Sonic '06 bombed. So naturally, they distanced themselves away from that style forevermore.

EDIT: Lemme get a show of hands; who'd rather see Sonic and Eggman (or Robotnik, for those purists that refuse to call him Eggman) in Smash than Sonic and Tails?

If so, JOIN THE EGGMAN EMPIRE (original name, lol :p), a support group that Ima start (unless it has already started) for Eggman in Smash.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Whoa I had no idea. D: Wow, Sonic fans are bull****. Can't even support the good ones. Oh how the hedgehog has fallen..

I mean, that one was probably bad, never played it, but Battle Adventures was a step in the right direction.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Let's see, we got Marth for 1, 3, 11, and 12.
Alm for 2.
Celice for 4.
Leaf for 5.
Roy for 6.
Ephraim for 8.
Elincia for 9 and 10.
Micaiah for 10.

Pretty sure it'll be Hector or Eliwood as they both have unlockable weapons named after them. Although there are weapons named after past non-lords and Elincia didn't get her own weapon either, so there's still a chance for Lyn I guess. :/

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I remember buying Sonic and the Seven Rings or whatever. What the **** were they thinking?

Wait no, what the **** was I thinking?

And I'd show my hand for not getting any more Sonic characters, please.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
EDIT: Lemme get a show of hands; who'd rather see Sonic and Eggman (or Robotnik, for those purists that refuse to call him Eggman) in Smash than Sonic and Tails?
I'd really like to see Robotnik as a boss. I think that would be awesome.

If Sonic had to get another playable character though... I'd take Robotnik over Shadow, does that count? :laugh:

I unconsciously typed Robotnik instead of Eggman. I guess imma purist. :awesome:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
yep, one of the creators of Sonic is now working for Nintendo.

Eggman? Never!! i don't want any outsiders in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom