• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
btw I did some very quick research about history of Nintendo to find someone (or something) that could be a playable in SSB.
here's my result... so far

Diskun (now when I see this fellah, is it a trophy in Melee?)
That would be cool except for one unfortunate fact: he has no arms. He cannot fight without arms. He cannot pick up items without arms. He is a logo, not a character. He does not have the necessary character design to function as a fighter like Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. have. Why not just put in the Gamecube's cube-shaped G in Smash 4 while you are at it? :glare:

EDIT: I always wondered why some people call Impa a tree branch. Why is Impa a tree branch? Am I missing something? Unless the joke is
a certain monkey swinging around on a certain tree branch?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Look what I recently found :p
FUS RO DAH!!!!!!!!

btw I did some very quick research about history of Nintendo to find someone (or something) that could be a playable in SSB.
here's my result... so far

Diskun (now when I see this fellah, is it a trophy in Melee?)
Sheriff is better.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
That would be cool except for one unfortunate fact: he has no arms. He cannot fight without arms. He cannot pick up items without arms. He is a logo, not a character. He does not have the necessary character design to function as a fighter like Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. have. Why not just put in the Gamecube's cube-shaped G in Smash 4 while you are at it? :glare:
He could allways.... extend his arms
or use über powers like Mewtwo
that's why I love video games

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You realize Pikachu doesn't need arms to use items, right? Actually, the best he does is used to it grab... a person? Otherwise, he uses his mouth or hind legs. Nope, not seeing the problem.

Slime? Well, for starters, versions of him can clearly fight without them, including using tentacles and spells.

There's a very obvious version of Pac-Man to use, from the Pacman 2 and Pacman World games. Easy to fight. It's simply a matter of them finding way. It doesn't take much.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Speaking of Pac Man, if Pac Man were to get into Smash, would it be weird for him to have a Ms. Pac Man alt?

Ms Pac Man > Pac Man, anyway (the game, I mean)

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord

EDIT: I always wondered why some people call Impa a tree branch. Why is Impa a tree branch? Am I missing something? Unless the joke is
a certain monkey swinging around on a certain tree branch?
Impa's like,the thinnest character,and she's around black,so we call her the tree branch.
But the monkey thing works too :rotfl:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Metal
I could see Ms. Pac-Man as an AT or something if Pac-Man got in.

Although if she was just an alt costume (which might be a little weird :embarrass:) I could also see Blinky as an AT.

Blinky's da best. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Interestingly, Ms. Pacman was NOT made by Namco

It was a cracked/ hacked version of pacman that got popular - laws were a lot different back then.

Namco eventually adopted it because of how popular it got

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Weird how Namco could just take control of the Ms. Pac-Man character. Although the overt and abundant similarities to regular Pac-Man wouldn't really make for a good defense for the Ms. Pac-Man makers. I guess the only options were shut down Ms. Pac-Man or embrace the success and take control of the character.

Real hard decision. :p

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Good God. Can I have this in English and it looks like I might play Pokemon again.

Speaking of Pac Man, if Pac Man were to get into Smash, would it be weird for him to have a Ms. Pac Man alt?

Ms Pac Man > Pac Man, anyway (the game, I mean)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgJ4yg9xEEc (somewhat nsfw)
Weird how Namco could just take control of the Ms. Pac-Man character. Although the overt and abundant similarities to regular Pac-Man wouldn't really make for a good defense for the Ms. Pac-Man makers. I guess the only options were shut down Ms. Pac-Man or embrace the success and take control of the character.

Real hard decision. :p
A copyright holder holds the rights to any derivative work. Therefore, the legal system does all the work really for Namco.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh my god what is this and where do I stick my penis.

inb4modinfraction

Wait, no mod would dare step in this land. :awesome: We are above the law! :cool:
Sometimes you can get away with censor dodging.

Though Shorts has bad luck and gets in trouble for flaming or something. Poor guy. Oh, it IS his birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHORTS~

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
He does get on the sassy side at times. Is it really his birthday? *checks* HE IS 19 YEARS OLD?! Da hell I thought he was like 14.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what people here feel about Pichu returning. I personally think Pichu should be brought back, and is the best representative for Pokemon's second generation.

Here is a good right up about Pichu's recent return to prominence.
I used to hate the idea of Pichu returning, and then I started to play as Pichu in Melee as a way to troll.
So while I wouldn't bet on Pichu returning, and would rather have Dr. Mario back IN HIS OWN SLOT than Pichu, if Pichu were to return, I wouldn't really mind. Just more ways to troll people since face it; Jiggz sucks too much in Brawl to really troll with.

@Metagross in Smash: I really doubt that would happen, although, like Lucario, Metagross is being advertised. Like with Zoroark vs. Lucario, B/W2 seems to be pulling a Haxorus vs. Metagross deal. So the idea isn't completely out there, but still kind of awkward.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I much rather have Pichu back than Zoroark too.

I am also curious whether Meloetta's popularity is going to rise when it becomes a regular character in the Pokemon anime. It could end up becoming the most popular legendary for 5th-generation just for that.
I hope so. Meloetta out of the 5th Gen Event Trio looks and seem interesting due to its design and abilities. Guess I'll stop supporting the Armored Cannon Beetle. Meloetta 4 Smash! :cool:

:phone:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
off topic for a bit,apparently Superbot(dudes making PSA) hired freaking Clockw0rk.

it may be a worthy rival to Smash after all.

Happy birthday Shorts!

Off topic: That awkward moment when you have a super ability and you get killed with it *facepalm*
off topic for a bit,apparently Superbot(dudes making PSA) hired freaking Clockw0rk.

it may be a worthy rival to Smash after all.
SON OF A----

*Pulls out money*

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Superbot probably hired Clockw0rk to look for bugs, glitches, infinites and other fun stuff we have in brawl. Character balancing is probably on the agenda too.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Superbot probably hired Clockw0rk to look for bugs, glitches, infinites and other fun stuff we have in brawl. Character balancing is probably on the agenda too.
Ridley will steal MK´s abilities and will be the first on the tier list.
:awesome:

D

Deleted member

Happy Birthday Shortie! (didn't notice)

@GoldenYuiitusin: I used to be like you as well in regards to Pichu, then I recognized that I used to play with Pichu a lot (even more than Pikachu) and would definitely enjoy playing as him if he returned.

D

Deleted member

@SSBF: Pichu was just so fun to troll with.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Shortie.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He was one of my favorite characters to play. Best part is that he kicks Giga Bowser's ***. :awesome:

Although I think a human Giga Bowser could do better. I mean, I used him against a Link(in Melee) and barely won. Not bad at all. For a boss.

@NEONKID: For the 5th time exactly in this thread, Sakurai never said anything about Toad being a non-fighter. There could have been other reasons as to why Toad was Peach's neutral B. SHEESH. IMO, Peach didn't have that.... UGHGH... I NEVER SAY THING FOR OTHER CHARACTERS but.... much abilities.....

Okay, she can fly and pluck (During the Melee era). She had somewhat limited feats thus Sakurai was forced to make... Invented attacks such as her F-special and EVEN, derive her f-smash from a mario game that's not even mainstream. This is just a possibility but the reason why Toad was set to become her neutral B is because she didn't have much... moves/feats/abilities.

We can't say that Sakurai think of Toad as a meat shield. Like what he said, he only decided to put 2 newcomers from Mario and that's it. Did he post several reasons why Toad did not get in? Nope. He didn't. As for Brawl, Sakurai targeted NOT to put any newcomer from Mario. I don't think he'll do the same for Smash 4 knowing that there isn't much to add anyway other than the missing and wanted characters.

@Classifications and such: I'm only gonna post the popular characters since.... I can't tell about the WTF and unique category.

Popular:
- Toad
- King K. Rool
- Ridley
- Krystal
- Mewtwo
- Roy
- Isaac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom