• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually, she has far better chance. Every character planned in data has been made playable already, Diddy.

Impa is not important to Sakurai at all. Toon Sheik, a character Sakurai clearly made himself, is. Same with the regular Sheik.

Also, Impa won't replace Sheik either. It's just never going to happen.

Impa has never had a playable chance. Toon Sheik did. That's the facts.
How many times do you bring up this ****?

Skyward Sword is a 2011 game, Impa's most important role.

Brawl is a 2008 game with a roster decided in 2005.

How can a 2011 character be playable in a 2008 game?

:phone:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@ the red part

Well, there you have it. Let's look at the Brawl newcomers.

Expected/Popular Characters
- Diddy Kong
- Ike
- King Dedede
- Lucario
- Meta Knight
- Sonic
- Toon Link
- Wario

Unexpected/Obscure Characters
- Lucas
- Olimar
- Pit
- Pokemon Trainer :002: :006: :007:
- R.O.B.
- Snake
- Wolf
- Zero Suit Samus

Now that's balance! Sakurai didn't want to add just the overrated choices or make the most conservative boring roster. Here's my SSB4 newcomers:

Expected/Popular Characters
- King K. Rool
- Krom
- Little Mac
- Mega Man
- Mii
- Palutena
- Ridley
- Toad
- Zoroark

Unexpected/Obscure Characters
- Dixie & Kiddy
- Duck Hunt Dog
- King Hippo
- Masked Link (plays as Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link but not as Young Link)
- Medusa
- Shulk (I would rather have Starfy but he's owned by TOSE)
- Takamaru
- Team Rocket :052: :024: team and :052: :110: team
- Tingle
When we mean unique characters, we don't mean "The characters only Arcadenik likes" There is a little more tact in adding these kind of characters.

What's this? Something I've said all along?

Toad smells???
Given, most of these are things a lot of us know, but there would still be people who wouldn't get it/notice it.

And Toad has a pleasant fragrance

Don't forget adaptable. The above reason and that are why I don't expect Pacman.
True, but that's a given. Sakurai did mention that with the 4 criteria at GDC 08. Not sure why anyone thinks Pac-Man will make it.

Since you brought it up, I'll say this: except for maybe Megaman (and that's a big maybe) the third party character(s), if we get one, will be unexpected. People try too hard to pick them out based on some relationship to Nintendo. The notorious ones are Slime and Layton. But the third parties in Brawl have little to do with Nintendo. One was a rival and the other only really pops up on the Playstation (there was only a Gamecube game because Silicon Knights, a Nintendo developer, made it). Really, expect the unexpected.

I doubt it. Although, Melee and Brawl were subject to time constraints (and questionable priorities in Brawl) so it'd be neat to see what would be planned if he's given more time, resources, and better prioritization.
Was kind of joking, but I do think think he has a lot of ideas on the backburner. If he had all the time and resources, he would just make a really big game, like he usually does.

It's still disappointing to see that there were very few references to his Wario Land games.

Leaf was the protagonist of Fire Emblem 2.
Leaf is actually the star of Fire Emblem 5 which is Fire Emblem: Thracia 776.

Chrono will not be happy with you.

Honestly, considering Ganondorf (not Ganon) debuted in OoT, the only thing he had going for him that stood out was (ugh) energy ball tennis and a seismo wave. Everything would've been made up. For such an iconic character, that seems kind of a let down.

Also, I found something that might lead to some insight as to why Ganondorf didn't get the revamp everyone wanted:

Of course, this is talking about a different game, but I think this holds for Brawl since it was time constrained. The effort going into adding moves/replacing them is probably more than we think, especially with 17 newcomers introduced in Brawl.
You did point out why he was done the way he was. He really only had two move that could be used, and nothing else. Since he had only appeared in OoT up until that point, he didn't have much to use. I think the disappointment is that Ganondorf has changed since OoT but his moveset hasn't.

As for the other thing you said, I think that's true in a different context. I think Sakurai wanted to keep him the same to please those who used him. He doesn't want to revamp the character that people have already used and gotten use to. I don't think revamping characters works as in changing their moves. Better to make a new character than to change an old one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How many times do you bring up this ****?

Skyward Sword is a 2011 game, Impa's most important role.
And... that matters? Yes, it means she might get a trophy this time.

Brawl is a 2008 game with a roster decided in 2005.

How can a 2011 character be playable in a 2008 game?

Impa was not on the list for even playable characters. Toon Sheik was. What part of this obvious fact do you not understand? They didn't make it, that's all. Also, the base roster was decided, not everyone. All of them had reasons they didn't make it. One of those is that Sonic got in, so the rest didn't have enough time. ;)

You also forgot the clear fact that every character planned or in the data has appeared later on. Bowser? Got in. Completely. Nothing points to Impa being likely at all. One great role doesn't mean crap.

Also, being a Sheik replacement is a beyond terrible idea anyway. Why replace a fully legit(and main) character for a secondary? It doesn't make sense. Sakurai's smarter than that.

...You do realize there was 3 other versions of a playable Impa, right? In Smash canon, there is one version of every playable character.(Giga Bowser is probably the only exception)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't even have a black mini skirt.
I wouldn't expect you to. You're the socially awkward guy, so why would you be out partying with black mini skirts.

No Sense.

Awwwh yeah. Finally. Time to read One Piece and eat fried chicken that is a few days old.

Yeah. That was good.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Warheart_666's list

Oh boy... I think it's time for me to think of a good and solid list of new characters to the next SSB game. I'm new here and this is my first list, so go easy on me!

OK here we go:
I should note that they aren't in any specific order and that list will be pretty small, but that's how I want to keep it (adding too many characters won't just cut it this time)

Krusha

I have no problems with King K Rool, but I'll be completely honest, he is way too big when it comes to the size. I've only played Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong 64 and I'm just having a hard time to see him and his size in a SSB game. And I think that Bowser, Donkey Kong and DDD are big enough, so I'm very skeptical with King K Rool. However, I love Donkey Kong series (one of my childhood memories) and I just don't wanna abandon those games, especially not the Kremlings, so my suggestion is Krusha instead. Yes, he is not as memorable as his boss, but I was equally scared of Krusha and King K Rool. Krusha fixes the problem with the body size because he is equally or just slightly bigger tahn Donkey Kong and I also think that his moveset could be very solid.

Speaking of his moveset, has anyone played Donkey Kong 64 Multiplayer?
Well, Krusha is a playable character and here's proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVaYtOm2ix4

though the player isn't very good and he mostly uses his orange bazooka. However, I remember his physical attacks had funny animations and they were in general kinda unique compared to the Kong family. I remember him using a slide technique that could be executed in SSB by running and then pressing A. He also has an attack that could be cool as forward smash (I'm new to these forums so I'm not sure what the attack is called). Just play Donkey Kong 64 Multiplayer, unlock Krusha and see what he can do, I beg you!

Krusha a heavyweight muscular powerhouse, he is kinda of a military man (not the with the same finesse like Snake, but that what makes him unique), funny like his boss and a villain. I'll be honest, I have more faith in Krusha than King K Rool, however I would love to see the big fat crocodile as an Assist Trophy, that would make my day!

Paper Mario

I have an issue with clones, so Paper Mario SHOULD play completely different than what Mario does. The moves that sets him apart from his original form is that uses his signature moves: Hammer and Spin Jump. Otherwise I don't really have much to say about him, except that he's made of paper and should somehow use that for his advantages...
And that Paper Mario series (at least the RPG games) are great and memorable to many fans.

General Guy

I haven't put too much thought to him at all. I've just seen people who want Shy Guy to make an appearance, and I got some problems with that. How exactly is he going to play in SSB? His moveset will probably be boring and very difficult to come up with an interesting. So that's why I wanted to mention General Guy from the first Paper Mario game. So what's the difference between him and his minions?

1. He has a personality, he's more interesting character than what Shy Guy is...
2. He has got some interesting moves that he can show you in SSB, most notably his possible Final Smash, the Tank (I don't remember the name of that toy vehicle). He can also use Bombs, which fans of Bomberman would love to see I guess...
Otherwise, I don't know... he could someone use his minions, just like DDD... but I don't know...
3. His hat looks very cool :p

Metagross

OMG there's so many Pokemon to choose from, it's unbelivable...
But for me Metagross was the one that caught my eye. Now you probably wonder why?
Well the MAIN REASON is his body structure, I mean just look at him, does any SSB character look like him? NO... no one does look like a spider (except Porky but he's a boss and too big)

Besides his body, his typing is an interesting one: Steel and Psychic. I think this is just perfect because now he can be "less clumsy" by using levitation just like Mewtwo does. If this looks weird, he can always move similarly to Bowser when he is "running", sliding or whatever he actually does...

His moveset COULD work, but I'm not 100% percent about this. His down smash could be Earthquake (it could be similar to Wario's Down Smash in Project M) plus he does this in Brawl so why not? His up special could be Magnet Rise (does he learn this move?) to recover himself.

Many might think him as character that is too clumsy, too hard to control, but I think with some time and testing, things could work for him... hopefully...

Mega Man

I don't think this one needs an introduction, I think he is an obvious choice from the beginning... nuff said...

Nathan Drake

Riiiiiight...... things got now serious and tense...
Everyone will probably think (WTF is he thinking!?), well you know what, I'm actually being completely serious here.

Yes, I know that he's a Sony exclusive character, but I think that the REAL problem lies somewhere, at least I want to see it like that way. Solid Snake and Sonic have already proved that it's not completely impossible to add characters from different worlds and make it fit in a Nintendo game and make it work... especially Sonic because as me all know, Nintendo and SEGA used to be rivals during the good ol' days. Well, look what happened...

I believe this is what the gamers desperately need. I hate console wars SO MUCH. There's absolutely no point with this and there's absolutely no intellectual discussions about this topic. Why so much hatred? Why can't we just, drop down the weapons, take a break and be friends, just for a second.
Just... imagine what the world would look like if first-party characters from different worlds (consoles) could shake hands and play together, respect each other. There's no such thing as "the ultimate console", only good games and think that people need to realize that and be open-minded.

read more about my opinions on Playstation All-Star Battle Royale here:
http://www.smashboards.com/misc.php?do=news&id=321673#

lol, sorry about that nonsense, but I'm just too disturbed about this topic :p
anyway, moving on!

Nathan Drakes one-liners (Nolan North, the voice actor, is a f*cking genius), his taunts from Uncharted Multiplayer, his personality, the character itself will bring humor and a light so bright that I really hope, from the bottom of my (war)heart, that he will suit well to the world of Smash Bros. Playstation All-Star Battle Royale lacks the charm from SSB, that's why (as a true Uncharted fan). My favorite games atm are Uncharted and Super Smash Bros, and I'm allowed to have dreams and nobody, not even Nintendo or Sony, will take that dream from me. Why can't I see my favorite characters of all time, Mario and Nathan Drake, in the same game that I still love to play?

That's all for the moment, I'll post when I find a character with some potential...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Warheart_666: Um, actually, Sonic and Snake could only be added because they had Nintendo appearances. Or atleast Sonic. Snake might've been an exception.

The best way is to use the collapse tag. [ collapse] and [ /collapse] with one bracket. Also, edit your posts. No need for a doublepost. :) No spaces in the markup.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I wouldn't expect you to. You're the socially awkward guy, so why would you be out partying with black mini skirts.

No Sense./QUOTE]

...True.

But that does mean that isn't my theme. :smirk:

@Star. No, that sounds way too bad ***.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
@Warheart_666: Um, actually, Sonic and Snake could only be added because they had Nintendo appearances. Or atleast Sonic. Snake might've been an exception.

The best way is to use the collapse tag. [ collapse] and [ /collapse] with one bracket. Also, edit your posts. No need for a doublepost. :) No spaces in the markup.
I'm sorry but I think I need more info about the collapse tags... :(
would be handy if you could set the height and the width to the images
a link or something will also do it...

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@hyper v Diddy
Still guys? Also I like how each time y'all argue about her now it's the EXACT same argument. Can't y'all just take a screenshot of it this time and just look at that next time you want to post instead of actually posting the same crap again.

I didn't read everything warheart posted but the fact that you have paper Mario, general guy and reference bomberman makes me happy.

@napos
Suck it up and buy a 3DS it's worth it =]

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Warheart
Nathan Drake is owned by Sony, a 5th party developer. Snake is owned by Konami, and Sonic is owned by SEGA, both of which are 3rd party companies. However, you can book it that Johnknight1 guaranteed you that Nathan Drake will be playable in PlayStation All-Stars.

Also, I doubt General Guy (as cool as he is). Krusha ain't making it. K. Rool is not too big (he's barely bigger than DK) *points at Bowser in Super Mario Sunshine*. Plus, I think Dixie Kong and even Funky Kong and Cranky Kong would get priority over Krusha.

I do, however think Paper Mario is very possible (I'm literally betting on it), I think Mega Man is all but confirmed, and I think Bomberman is a solid sleeper character. :shades:
And Krystal, Tom Nook and to a lesser extent, Impa.
At least you're upfront and honest about it without being annoying. And you like to switch it up. I like to switch up between Mega Man, Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Roy.
Ahhhh those were the good days.... Er I mean, GOD I HATE THOSE NERDS, TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE LOSERS! Heh, yeah. :awesome: :cool:
Those guys were creepy though. I can't begin to explain all the insane things they do/did.

Also Hyper, if you want Diddy's Impa arguments to die, ignore him. Instead, talk about what you want from Smash Wii U/3DS' new stages, returning stages, controls, gameplay, playable character roster, items, Assist Trophy characters, Pokéball Pokémon, NPCs, online, DLC (yeh or neh) standard multiplayer, multiplayer options, event matches, stadium events (bring back Board the Platforms! Also, Race to the Finish needs to be it's own standalone mode), adventure/story mode, classic mode, All-Star Mode, Bosses, NPC enemies, cameos, stickers, trophies, other collectables, Coin Launcher, Stage Builder, etc.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I didn't read everything warheart posted but the fact that you have paper Mario, general guy and reference bomberman makes me happy.

Thank you! Makes me happy :)
But I think you should read EVERYTHING, I haven't spent 1 year of thinking and 2 hours of writing a post, just so that it will be forgotten :p

Btw, I'm gonna do some research about video game history if I can find a character that could be equally interesting as Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Because 4th party would be a 2nd party of a rival game console developer. :cool: Also, because we need more parties. 4 parties ain't enough! :shades:
There's a difference between "dead" and "finished".

And also, he said that the possibility of a Mother 4 isn't completely out. He just won't be the one to make it.
If like say, Miyamoto decided to make a Mother 4, then there would be a Mother 4.

But all of that means nothing, as again, if Sakurai wants to add another Mother character, he will add one. Doubt he really gives a **** about whether a series is dead or not.
As much as I would like Itoi (or even Miyamoto) to bring back MOTHER, it ain't happening. As for Sakurai, he could add other (playable) characters from MOTHER, but he isn't.
If you want to talk dead, talk about F-Zero. :laugh:
Latest game was when, 2004? Japan only?
The difference is that the series has gone on long hiatuses before, and it always comes back. I guarantee you a new F-Zero game will be revealed within the next 18 months.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Kid Icarus alone almost makes the purchase worth it. Then the Zelda and Mario game completes it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
^^^ Because 4th party would be a 2nd party of a rival game console developer. :cool: Also, because we need more parties. 4 parties ain't enough! :shades:
Ridley can't be in because he's a scramble net character.

See, it doesn't help anyone when you make up your own definitions.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oasis_S, you are just Silly!

Sakurai said it himself that a character must appear in a Nintendo console game in order to be playable.

That or Sakurai has to murder the entire company and not get caught in order to get them into the game. :smirk:

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
@ Warheart
Nathan Drake is owned by Sony, a 5th party developer. Snake is owned by Konami, and Sonic is owned by SEGA, both of which are 3rd party companies. However, you can book it that Johnknight1 guaranteed you that Nathan Drake will be playable in PlayStation All-Stars.

Also, I doubt General Guy (as cool as he is). Krusha ain't making it. K. Rool is not too big (he's barely bigger than DK) *points at Bowser in Super Mario Sunshine*. Plus, I think Dixie Kong and even Funky Kong and Cranky Kong would get priority over Krusha.

I do, however think Paper Mario is very possible (I'm literally betting on it), I think Mega Man is all but confirmed, and I think Bomberman is a solid sleeper character. :shades:
I don't like when people state things that I've already mentioned, jk :p
I already knew that Nathan Drake will never make an appearance in SSB, but in Playstation All-Stars, yes. But like mentioned, in another thread, that I'm not impressed with that game (even some friends from Playstation forums aren't impressed), but I'm gonna download a demo and see if I'm wrong. My opinion is still that a great character like Nathan Drake doesn't even deserve to be in a lame game like the one above, so I prefer him to see in SSB instead...

Cranky Kong... I just can't help but laugh...
So... he's gonna be like the Animal Crossing Assist Trophy? LOL, I would love to see him complaining when DK is currently playing :D

Otherwise I understand your opinion about rest of the characters. But what do you think about Metagross? Or is he just too weird for SSB?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Reasonable method:

"Nathan Drake can't get in because he hasn't appeared on Nintendo consoles, which Sakurai said he wouldn't allow."

"Oh, okay."

John method:

"Nathan Drake can't get in because he's a 5th-party character."

"What's that?"

"I made it up. It means he's owned by a third-party developer which is owned by Sony. Because of that he hasn't appeared on any Nintendo consoles. Sakurai said he wouldn't allow characters like that."

"Why didn't you just say that from the beginning?"

"LOL I DUNNO."

@Young: http://youtu.be/ila4TIEbCKk

Today my name is Oasis_Snappy.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
hmm... when it comes to 3rd party characters., how about:

1. Ezio (Assassin's Creed 2)
2. Commander Shepard (Mass Effect series)
3. Eddie Riggs (Brütal Legend) Jack Black FTW!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Reasonable Response to John:

"I know John is going to post nonsensical things to make a joke."

Oasis_S response:

"wut?"

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Why is this thread located here? Why isn't there a new section for the sequel? Or is it because the title (name or whatever) hasn't been announced yet?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder what people here feel about Pichu returning. I personally think Pichu should be brought back, and is the best representative for Pokemon's second generation.

Here is a good right up about Pichu's recent return to prominence.

As mentioned, I really think Pichu should return. It was given a big push from '99-'01, and even though its prominence died off when Plusle and Minun were introduced, it regained its relevance surrounding the release of HeartGold/SoulSilver and the related films and spinoffs.

Arceus and the Jewel of Life (July 2009)

Spiky-eared Pichu debuted in the ninth feature film as one its most heavily marketed Pokémon, appearing on much of the movie's promotional material. In fact, Pikachu-colored Pichu were distributed to Japanese moviegoers who preordered tickets…

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver (September 2009)

…and taking the Pikachu-colored Pichu to Ilex Forest in HeartGold or SoulSilver allowed players to obtain the Spiky-eared Pichu.

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs (March 2010)

Ukulele Pichu was marketed as the main character of this title, developed in-house by Creatures. It also appeared in a special anime short produced in conjunction with the game.

I could actually see Sakurai reusing his tandem Plusle & Minun idea for the Spiky-eared and Pikachu-colored Pichu, but any version of Pichu would suffice.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Thank you! Makes me happy :)
But I think you should read EVERYTHING, I haven't spent 1 year of thinking and 2 hours of writing a post, just so that it will be forgotten :p

Btw, I'm gonna do some research about video game history if I can find a character that could be equally interesting as Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B
Duck Hunt Dog.

Duck Hunt Dog would represent the Light Gun series. The series consists of Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, and Hogan's Alley. He is an anthromorphic cartoony dog who is not like the other anthromorphic animals like Fox, Falco, and Wolf. The Star Fox characters are what we call furries. Duck Hunt Dog is what we call a funny animal. He is a duck hunting dog and his job consists of pointing and fetching ducks.

The pointing aspect lends itself well into moves where the dog points fingers around, directing the duck hunter to shoot at the spot the dog is pointing at from the fourth wall. The reason Duck Hunt Dog breaks the fourth wall to fight in Smash is that he tends to look at the screen when he is laughing at the person who is playing Duck Hunt. The duck hunter is the person who is playing Duck Hunt and he/she uses the NES Zapper to shoot.

Here's my ideas for some moves.

Smash Side/Up/Down+A, the dog points in one direction and the duck hunter shoots at that spot just beyond the dog's finger.

B: Trick Shooting - the dog throws a duck, the duck flies around - you control the duck, not the dog, by holding down the B button while moving the control stick around - the duck hunter shoots the duck when you release the B button

Side B: Clay Shooting - the dog throws a white clay pigeon (it looks like a white frisbee) like you do with Link's Boomerang move... the duck hunter shoots the clay pigeon when you release the B button

Up B: Fly Away - the dog flies away with two ducks... if he has two ducks, he flies faster and farther... if he gets hit, he loses one duck... if he has one duck, he flies slower and shorter... if he gets hit, he loses the remaining duck and he cannot do anything until he lands on solid ground.

Down B: Laugh - this is the reason so many people wants to shoot the dog... so, as a special move, when the dog laughs, the duck hunter shoots the dog and the dog suffers 10% damage and is stunned for a couple seconds... however if he laughs at the right time, the duck hunter will shoot the enemies and the enemies suffers one-hit KO's... this is the laughing equivalent to Jigglypuff's sleeping move.

Final Smash: Open Season - the dog jumps behind the grass, you take control of the duck hunter and shoot at the screen up to three times - just like in the NES game - but the ducks are flying everywhere, making it harder to aim at the opponents. Each shot can result in OHKO if they connect with the opponents.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Holder, ya fit pretty well as Hades. (-l3l-)
I'd normally take that as a compliment Young Grasshopper, but considering the strange little emoticon thing at the end I think you meant it pejoratively.

And to think I didn't post a Kung Fu related song for your theme out of politeness.

Edit: Not like anyone is going to jump at the idea, when character HQ threads are being made, I call making the Hades one as well as the Ghirahim one. And before I forget, has anyone actually made a Palutena set with all of the moves she uses in Uprising? I mean, it would be mentally challenged easy, surprised no one posted (as far as I've seen at least) a general outline of pretty Palutena.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
True, but that's a given. Sakurai did mention that with the 4 criteria at GDC 08. Not sure why anyone thinks Pac-Man will make it.

Since you brought it up, I'll say this: except for maybe Megaman (and that's a big maybe) the third party character(s), if we get one, will be unexpected. People try too hard to pick them out based on some relationship to Nintendo. The notorious ones are Slime and Layton. But the third parties in Brawl have little to do with Nintendo. One was a rival and the other only really pops up on the Playstation (there was only a Gamecube game because Silicon Knights, a Nintendo developer, made it). Really, expect the unexpected.
Personally I like Layton, but we'll leave that topic at that since I know you're not big on third parties.

Leaf is actually the star of Fire Emblem 5 which is Fire Emblem: Thracia 776.

Chrono will not be happy with you.
I got him mixed up with Alm who has green hair and leaves tend to be green.

As for the other thing you said, I think that's true in a different context. I think Sakurai wanted to keep him the same to please those who used him. He doesn't want to revamp the character that people have already used and gotten use to. I don't think revamping characters works as in changing their moves. Better to make a new character than to change an old one.
If that's the case, then his current moveset needs to be transferred over to something else. Obviously, no one will really like the idea of his moveset being transferred to a newcomer. I still think it'd be cool if Ganondorf gets the revamp everyone's been asking for while also including an unlockable "EX Ganondorf" whose appearance is based on OoT.

At least you're upfront and honest about it without being annoying. And you like to switch it up. I like to switch up between Mega Man, Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and Roy.
That, and I like to mix it up in terms of what to discuss. At least I try to make them sound appealing to play as.

Off topic, but I've got two things to say:

1. I've been looking into Virtua Fighter and that series has only three buttons: Punch, Kick, and Guard. Sound familiar to anyone? I even checked Eileen and Akira's movesets. It's a lot of different followups for moves yet there are at least three times as many moves as any Smash Bros. character.

2. What's my theme?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, Warheart I did read your whole post. Interesting ideas, if not completely likely. If you really did spend a year thinking about these characters, I feel I should at least give my opinions, for what they are worth.

Warheart_666 said:
I have no problems with King K Rool, but I'll be completely honest, he is way too big when it comes to the size. I've only played Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong 64 and I'm just having a hard time to see him and his size in a SSB game.
I'd probably agree with you if K. Rool's only size was a large as he was in DK64, but excluding that game, he has decreased in size in each game he has been in, to the point of only being slightly larger than DK. Plus Bowser's size fluctuates all the time between games, so being huge in some game but not others obviously isn't that much of a concern.

I doubt Krusha, while he looks cool, would bring anything other than scorn that it wasn't K. Rool from most players. Adding a character just to satisfy the need for another character doesn't usually end well.

Warheart_666 said:
I have an issue with clones, so Paper Mario SHOULD play completely different than what Mario does. The moves that sets him apart from his original form is that uses his signature moves: Hammer and Spin Jump. Otherwise I don't really have much to say about him, except that he's made of paper and should somehow use that for his advantages...
And that Paper Mario series (at least the RPG games) are great and memorable to many fans.
Agreed.

Warheart_666 said:
I haven't put too much thought to him at all. I've just seen people who want Shy Guy to make an appearance, and I got some problems with that. How exactly is he going to play in SSB? His moveset will probably be boring and very difficult to come up with an interesting. So that's why I wanted to mention General Guy from the first Paper Mario game. So what's the difference between him and his minions?
If a Shy Guy had to be playable in Smash, this would probably be one of the more likely outcomes, but I doubt Shy Guy will get into Smash anytime soon. I think the only reason General Guy would get in over Shy Guy though is if Sakurai didn't want a generic character playable (other than Pokemon and Yoshis :awesome:). Plus if Sakurai was determined to have Shy Guy in Smash, I don't think a lack of moveset would stop him. This is the guy who gave a moveset to an accesory.

Walmart_666 said:
OMG there's so many Pokemon to choose from, it's unbelivable...
But for me Metagross was the one that caught my eye. Now you probably wonder why?
Well the MAIN REASON is his body structure, I mean just look at him, does any SSB character look like him? NO... no one does look like a spider (except Porky but he's a boss and too big)

Many might think him as character that is too clumsy, too hard to control, but I think with some time and testing, things could work for him... hopefully...
If Metagross ever got in Smash, that certainly would be something interesting. And technically I suppose he could work, and your moveset ideas are fine, but honestly, Metagross will never be playable in Smash. Even in his gen (which might never get playable representation) he is out prioritized by Deoxys, Plusle & Minun, and even Pokemon like Blaziken. Any possible uniqueness in moveset and character design doesn't really make up for more important factors like popularity, relevance (which shouldn't be that important, but is for Pokemon), and demands from Game Freak.

Plus everybody is clumsy with goddam tripping.

Warheart_666 said:
Yup.

Warheart_666 said:
Yes, I know that he's a Sony exclusive character, but I think that the REAL problem lies somewhere, at least I want to see it like that way. Solid Snake and Sonic have already proved that it's not completely impossible to add characters from different worlds and make it fit in a Nintendo game and make it work... especially Sonic because as me all know, Nintendo and SEGA used to be rivals during the good ol' days. Well, look what happened...

I believe this is what the gamers desperately need. I hate console wars SO MUCH. There's absolutely no point with this and there's absolutely no intellectual discussions about this topic. Why so much hatred? Why can't we just, drop down the weapons, take a break and be friends, just for a second.
Just... imagine what the world would look like if first-party characters from different worlds (consoles) could shake hands and play together, respect each other. There's no such thing as "the ultimate console", only good games and think that people need to realize that and be open-minded.
Well the real problem does indeed lie with him not just being a Sony-exclusive, but owned by Sony.

Snake and Sonic are owned by third parties (instead of fifth-parties :awesome:
lol John
) have appeared on a Nintendo console (which is necessary for consideration) and aren't owned by Nintendo's direct competition.

No matter how well he would work and no matter how stupid console wars might be, Sony will not allow for their characters on other consoles. And I doubt Nintendo or Sakurai would even try to get Nathan. It's about as likely as Mario showing up in Playstation All-Stars.

(Plus if any direct competition characters should get in, it should obviously be Banjo-Kazooie) [/bias]
Right yani? Oh he's not here.

Warheart_666 said:
hmm... when it comes to 3rd party characters., how about:

1. Ezio (Assassin's Creed 2)
2. Commander Shepard (Mass Effect series)
3. Eddie Riggs (Brütal Legend) Jack Black FTW!
I've got to be honest here: these are some of the least likely and worst fitting third-parties for Smash. And the second two haven't appeared on Nintendo consoles. And Ezio's DS game (the only time he was on a Nintendo console) didn't come out in Japan.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm sorry but I think I need more info about the collapse tags... :(
would be handy if you could set the height and the width to the images
a link or something will also do it...
Okay, you know how to do regular markup? Like the quotes when you quoted me. It's the same thing, except using "collapse"(minus the quotation marks).

@Young Horsetail: Not bad. It works.

@disfunctional: Once Diddy gets a new argument, I can reply with something new.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think it goes without saying that N3ONK1D should officially change his username to N3ONM4N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom