• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, for those interested you can follow this link and read my Kid Icarus: Uprising stage concept. There are some spoilers, so if you are finicky about that sort of thing just hold off. It is not like my blog is going anywhere. For the rest of you let me know what you think. If some parts are not grammatically synthesized please keep in mind it is late where I am at.

Heavenly Flight

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Star, I really like the stage idea! It's quite unique compared to all other stages so far
(especially the Centurion gimmick),
and it seems just like the kind of thing Sakurai would do to showcase Uprising.

Kinda random question though, would you imagine this as the primary starter stage for KI, or a secondary/supporting one that could be unlocked later on?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Star, I really like the stage idea! It's quite unique compared to all other stages so far
(especially the Centurion gimmick),
and it seems just like the kind of thing Sakurai would do to showcase his other game.

Kinda random question though, would you imagine this as the primary starter stage for KI, or a secondary/supporting one that would be unlocked later on?
I cannot take all of the credit, some of the core concept came from two other users in this thread (Tri, Pie and Holder respectively). What I did was take their ideas and completely twist them into something unique. I managed to incorporate my original idea, theirs and other ideas into one seamless conglomeration. My original idea was to do a pure Underworld stage, but I feel having a "tour" stage is more representative of the heart behind the Kid Icarus game.

I'm thinking (hypothetically) this stage would be the primary one with Skyworld designated as an unlockable.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What? I said that stage idea here as well. D< I just didn't say anything about Centurions.

I don't even think anyone liked my idea either. XD

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, but the Centurion gimmick is pretty much the whole draw of the stage (other than seeing the different Uprising locales in HD), and what would differentiate it from other simple-structure stages.

@Star
I agree that a fast-moving "tour" stage encapsulates the feel of Uprising very well.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm giving you props Holder. Chillax.

Yes the centurion gimmick is something that, as far as I can tell, is unique to this idea. It gives the stage some excitement without being too intrusive. At least the way I envision it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Holder of the Heel said:
...Shut up, I hate you.
I had the sudden urge to put a haters gonna hate gif up here, but I think I'm above that.

[COLLAPSE="Hehe, no I'm not!"]
[/COLLAPSE]:awesome::awesome:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I was just messing. :p For the record, I'm never angry, at least not here.

Edit: Hahahah N3ON, wtf did I just see and how do I unsee it?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There were collapse tags there for your own safety, but I guess I should've mentioned that. :troll:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Who doesn't click on a collapse tag. I don't care if it says Blue Waffle, I'm not going to not open it.

No excuse.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Good point, but now I feel like I need to take another Blue Waffle-induced shower. :sick:

I guess now we're even. :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, for those interested you can follow this link and read my Kid Icarus: Uprising stage concept. There are some spoilers, so if you are finicky about that sort of thing just hold off. It is not like my blog is going anywhere. For the rest of you let me know what you think. If some parts are not grammatically synthesized please keep in mind it is late where I am at.

Heavenly Flight
What? I said that stage idea here as well. D< I just didn't say anything about Centurions.

I don't even think anyone liked my idea either. XD
I remember saying something about that to Star a while back when he said he was taking ideas for Uprising, but whatever it's not a contest. ;)

Gotta finish up my own stage concepts now, just gotta add music, but I'm tired so I'll post something tomorrow. Night.

EDIT: Not tomorrow, derp, later today. It's 2:30 am here. lol

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I remember saying something about that to Star a while back when he said he was taking ideas for Uprising, but whatever it's not a contest. ;)

Gotta finish up my own stage concepts now, just gotta add music, but I'm tired so I'll post something tomorrow. Night.

EDIT: Not tomorrow, derp, later today. It's 2:30 am here. lol
He does give you credit a few posts back:
I cannot take all of the credit, some of the core concept came from two other users in this thread (Tri, Pie and Holder respectively).
Anyway, I'm looking forward to your ideas too! I'm horribly uncreative when it comes to stages, so I enjoy reading other's ideas more than normal, lol. :awesome:

Anyways, I'm out too. ^_^

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I've been playing Mario Party 9 pretty much once or twice every weekend for awhile now with my friends. Heck, it's better than I thought it would be. Anyway, my favorite Mario Party games so far are 2, 3 and 9. :)
My favorite Mario Party games are 1-3, with 3 being my favorite, 1 being my 2nd favorite, and 3 being my 3rd favorite. I also kinda liked 8 for what it's worth. :rolleyes:
IAnd I would love a Mario Party stage for the next Smash game. .__. They have done it with WarioWare Inc so why not a Mario Party stage?
I though Wario Ware was an awful stage! :laugh: If anything, a Mario Party stage should be more of a moving stage like Mute City with elements of mini-games effecting the stage. :cool:
I think stages are fine with variations. I just don't want to see it where hazards are defining aspects. Like, Norfair would be fine (albeit a bit bland) without the the tunnels or the lava. Likewise, Port Town would've been great without the cars being mandatory.
I agree with this. Also, random elements should come out slowly. Seriously, PictoChat's interferences come out super quick, and last forever. Now if the interferences came out slower, did less knock back, and maybe one or two were removed, that stage would be better. And that's not even from a tournament-entering smash bros fans' perspective; that's from my old perspective back before I started playing smash competitively. Like seriously, if Flat Zone didn't have all that crap falling from the sky, it would be a fun stage.
No joke, most of my favorite stages are all hazardous stages. Rainbow Ride, Mute City, Delfino Plaza, Peach's Castle, Hyrule Castle, etc. I love me some diverse stages.
I want Hector playable man :/
He'll probably show up in Fire Emblem 13 if he hasn't already. Plus, he could always be a boss or assist trophy character. :shades:
I want Hector's Axe... so baddddd...
Best. Item. Idea. EVER! Diddy Kong with DAT AXE for THE WINNN!!!! :awesome:
You guys made me go out and get a Wii. >_>
Once you plug in Project M, everything will be happy dappy. Seriously, that game is a drug in video game form, but healthy for you. ;) At least I hope it is... :smirk:
Well, if anyone was on smashboards long before brawl was announced might have information regarding that. I would imagine a forum would be created once there is an actual date of release and more concrete stuff to discuss. Everything so far is still speculation.
Yep, I was a lurker back then. :smirk: But yeah, I figure once a trailer is shown, we'll get at least a general discussion; maybe two (one for general stuff, one for characters).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hector can't be a boss, but an AT could work. Especially since Lyn was one in Brawl.

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wow, from my experience of white I wasn't expecting Cilan of all people to do that. then again, in anime a lot of things go, so I guess it's cool. ^_^

ANYWAY, hi guys. I can't stay on long, but school is being a bit annoying at the moment and piling the work on so I can't be on now as much as I used to. that said, I have a tournament this weekend, and in general I'll see what I can do to jump in a little more.

Peace out guys! *waves*

I also kinda liked 8 for what it's worth. :rolleyes:
Who are you? What have you done with John Knight?
I though Wario Ware was an awful stage! :laugh: If anything, a Mario Party stage should be more of a moving stage like Mute City with elements of mini-games effecting the stage. :cool:
I thought WarioWare was a pretty cool stage with all those mini games.
He'll probably show up in Fire Emblem 13 if he hasn't already. Plus, he could always be a boss or assist trophy character. :shades:
Who's Hector? /FEderp
Once you plug in Project M, everything will be happy dappy. Seriously, that game is a drug in video game form, but healthy for you. ;) At least I hope it is... :smirk:
^^^^^^^^^^^ This

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
*sigh*

Can anyone who played RtDL tell me how to beat Galacta Knight? I'm having a HARD time
I used Spark to fight him. But even with that ability, you want to start out healthy, since Galacta Knight is pretty much the hardest boss (even more so than Magolor EX and Magolor Soul) to beat if you're doing an all Spark ability run.

Anyway, I did input Galacta Knight as an Adventure Mode boss at one point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@berserker :

This is Hector:

Basically, he's a BAMF with a gaint axe (not the one on the picture). Though his chances are very slim, as Ike already is the heavy weight for Fire Emblem characters :/

Though, I'd still take him over Roy any day of the week. Yeah, even over awesomely redesigned 'beast Roy'. Sorry. :embarrass:

@Holder:

Don't worry bra, I ALWAYS click collapse and spoiler tags to. Can't hide nothing from me :smirk:

Impa is still better than Queerahim though :awesome:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It's not a backwards compatible Wii, but I think I could play Project: M with a Classic Controller...

Ah, well. It's a sound investment. There are a ton of games on the system I wanna play right now, either for the first time (the new Kirby games, Xenoblade, Super Mario Galaxy 2) or all over again (Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario). I figure it's a great way to break in the new place, y'know?

Plus, I don't think I ever gave the console a chance to grow on me. I may be a Sony fanboy at heart, but even that's greatly diminished when I have to wait on all my favorite vintage PS1/PS2 games to come out on the PSN or be re-released as a bundle. It sucks that I have to go digging for the old first or second gen models or invest in a PS2 just to play what I want, 'cause be damned if there are any current gen games outside of fighters that I wanna play. Mind you, I've had that PS3 for quite a while now; I've never had a Wii for as long, and I tell you, I actually played all of the games I owned on it for longer than a mayfly's attention span. Despite my inherent disappointment with the Wii overall as a gaming platform, Nintendo has put out some of the most entertaining games for me this generation, and they have a stockpile of vintage games already available on the Virtual Console that I loved (I <3 the SNES).

On the fence about getting rid of the PS3. We'll see what happens, though. I do wanna upgrade my comp one of these days, so I'll probably end up selling it.

Smooth Criminal

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
PS3 only has Call of Duty :troll:

Much like how Nintendo only has Mario Party and Pokemon

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wow, from my experience of white I wasn't expecting Cilan of all people to do that. then again, in anime a lot of things go, so I guess it's cool. ^_^
Lol I think Anime Cilan's when you get to know him better... the game counterpart Cilan's the meek one who acts all same and nice to everyone who he meets, like strangers. ^_(-lul)_^

And I always thought that Hector would have a beard... I dunno but the name sorta made me think so.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lol I think Anime Cilan's when you get to know him better... the game counterpart Cilan's the meek one who acts all same and nice to everyone who he meets, like strangers. ^_(-lul)_^

And I always thought that Hector would have a beard... I dunno but the name sorta made me think so.
He does have a beard in FE6 (Roy's game) where he's older than he is from that other picture I posted (which was from FE7).

Anyhow, he's a BAMF. He might be stronger when he was young, but he grew a beard. Better yet, a blue beard. Doesn't get much more bad *** than that. :cool:

Him getting killed of in FE6 can still make me shed a tear. A DAMN BAD *** MANLY TEAR THOUGH!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Mario Tennis Open's full roster has been revealed. Both K. Rool and Dixie Kong missed yet another chance for another playable appearance at the onset of Smash 4's development. Its also worth noting that Toad did not make a playable appearance either. However, the only two Mario Tennis games in which Toad was a playable character were Mario's Tennis (Virtual Boy) and Mario Tennis (Nintendo 64).

We are about three weeks away from E3. Its very exciting to think we will be seeing Miyamoto's new IP, and maybe even several newcomers for the Smash Bros. series. I am still expecting some sort of new information about Smash 4, even if we don't get a trailer.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
*sigh*

Can anyone who played RtDL tell me how to beat Galacta Knight? I'm having a HARD time
The Spark ability is absolutely overpowered for boss rush. Simply be good at blocking and dodging, and even Galactica Knight should be able to go down relatively easily.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Waddle Dee > Knuckle Joe. Waddle Dee is older, more popular, and more iconic now. Not to mention a spear is a new and original choice of weapon, whereas we got plenty of punchers.

This isn't objective prove that Dee is just plan better, but I see more potential and reasoning for one over the other personally. The only thing Joe has going for him is that he was an AT in Brawl.

At least he is more interesting than Little Mac though.
At least the bandanna separates that Waddle Dee from the generic Waddle Dees.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Mario Tennis Open's full roster has been revealed. Both K. Rool and Dixie Kong missed yet another chance for another playable appearance at the onset of Smash 4's development. Its also worth noting that Toad did not make a playable appearance either. However, the only two Mario Tennis games in which Toad was a playable character were Mario's Tennis (Virtual Boy) and Mario Tennis (Nintendo 64).

We are about three weeks away from E3. Its very exciting to think we will be seeing Miyamoto's new IP, and maybe even several newcomers for the Smash Bros. series. I am still expecting some sort of new information about Smash 4, even if we don't get a trailer.
I've seen the roster, and its very underwhelming. I mean really, Baby Peach & Baby Mario REALLY? You got Luma in there so why not make Rosalina a team partner, ans no to mention Toad & Toadette got screwed out of being in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not expecting much Smash-related from E3, but maybe we get a title or some pics / sketches. Not expecting a trailer as of yet, but we might get surprised. Am just curious about what Wii U big shot titles get announced cause it'll determine if I get the Wii U or not.

And all this Return to Dreamland talk makes me wanna see that one boss battle (I think it was the final boss) with the epic voice over. Oh man did I die from laughter after seeing THAT :laugh:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Indeed that roster was lame in MTO... but like they had come up with any good characters besides some palette swaps.

Also, seen from the reviews it's like what Mario Kart 7's to Mario Tennis-series... fun but still pretty underwhelming game.

[collapse=I'm also secretly wishing for Golden Sun Tennis...]
[/collapse]

- Original page -

(Isaac VS Alex, heehee)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm not sure if I want that to happen or not :laugh:

I think it'd be fitting tribute to Camelot itself and if it included an RPQ Mode like that GBA Mario Tennis... but I dunno would it really work as a like, seriously made game. (Huge budget?) And even if this would be made, people would be wierded out by the characters and the setting being tied to a tennis game... maybe it wouldn't really work unless it's very lighthearted idea at it's best.

It'd be damn awesome though if we even got Shining Force-cast to join in for Mario & Sonic-esque Nintendo Vs Sega-competition.

Now for the characters, I'd main Garet and Ivan- I think Garet would be Defense-type and Ivan would be Speed-type.

/ I hope this isn't off-topic.../

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
@Holder:

Don't worry bra, I ALWAYS click collapse and spoiler tags to. Can't hide nothing from me :smirk:

Impa is still better than Queerahim though :awesome:

Galacta Knight is only hard if you don't understand the concept of spacing and punishing.
Whirlwind. I keep saying it. Whirly winds.

WHAT DID YOU DO TO HOLDER
HE CAN'T HATE SOMETHING LIKE THIS WHEN HE KEEPS A BUTT SHAKING GIHRAHIMcaps

sooo what's up?
The hell are you talking about? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom