• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The poor reviews for Mario Tennis Open makes me further suspect that Camelot lost a lot of its talent. Keep in mind that Camelot was basically absent from making games for much of this last generation due to them shedding a lot of their staff.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
^
Seen the reviews, and yeah I'm really surprised. Still wanna try it out though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While Mario Tennis Open may not be too impressive with the roster inputs, at least it shows that Bowser Jr. and Waluigi are still very well recognized in the spin-off titles.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
While Mario Tennis Open may not be too impressive with the roster inputs, at least it shows that Bowser Jr. and Waluigi are still very well recognized in the spin-off titles.
Not really, neither were present in Mario Kart 7. It's called Camelot making their own roster choices.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Horsetail, your memory is awful. Even worse than my goldfish brain.

And someone here buy that Mario Tennis game and tell me that it is actually good... I really hope it isn't another "Mario Kart 7". Such crap.. Come on Nintendo. -_-

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Waluigi's first appearance ever was Mario Tennis. It's only logical he'd make it. :rolleyes:

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Horsetail, your memory is awful. Even worse than my goldfish brain.

And someone here buy that Mario Tennis game and tell me that it is actually good... I really hope it isn't another "Mario Kart 7". Such crap.. Come on Nintendo. -_-
Mind if you ring this memory here then before INSULTING, 'kay? (-=´=-); /And you are a goldfish brain, eh?/

I dunno if I want to buy MTO... I'd invest my money on Rhythm Thief instead wholeheartedly.

By the way, isn't Waluigi like Camelot-character? Even in Mario Tennis - Power Tour, he says the name of the company in the intro. XDD

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oasis, MK7 is like MP9 with racing. It is fun but not at all addicting, and very random, so anyone with competitive intentions is turned off by it. Just doesn't get my blood racing man, not my kind of game.

I am totally chill, why do I have like a Falcon reputation 'round these parts nowadays? D< I AM ALWAYS CHILL WITH YOU GUYS, WHY DON'T YOU SEE THIS

Not sure about Rhythm Thief, hasn't caught my attention enough to look it up at all, but I shall now at your mention.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yo Holder, ya should really check out Rhythm Thief, there's a demo in EShop, (At least in Europe, dunno about USA)
I dunno if it catches you but if you like rhythm games and/or Professor Layton or Kaito Kid, this might interest you up. The music is damn awesome too.

I just want to say that Sega finally made an IP that really interested me up from the start, hum.

And about that chill-thing... maybe it's because ya throw insults around... makes you look like fiery-tempered... I don't wanna provoke those feelings usually, but seems like I trigger it too easily in your case. (-T_l-)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It does feel depressing when a Mario Kart title is turned down, even though it does implement some new game elements; no other Mario Kart gives you the power to customize your kart.

Still, a Mario Kart 7 reference for Smash 4 wouldn't hurt.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've never really tried rhythm games before, I'm not sure. Found it in the eShop but there is no demo for me to play so I'm guessing the US doesn't get to take part.

And when do I throw insults around idiot? I love you guys, don't be a moron.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It does feel depressing when a Mario Kart title is turned down, even though it does implement some new game elements; no other Mario Kart gives you the power to customize your kart.

I'm guessing that future MK titles will allow for Kart customization, even if it isn't as detailed as it is in MK7 (which wasn't super detailed in the first place).

And if MK7 does get implemented in SSB4, I hope that if we receive a stage, it's something interesting that would make a good stage like Shy Guy Bazaar, Neo Bowser City, or Wario Galleon. It'll probably be a simple MK7'd Mario Circuit though.

Although it might also be Rainbow Road, and if the MK7 version was used as the basis, the stage could potentially be very cool.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Mk7 isn't Mp9 with racing, that's a bit of an insult. Mp9 was a shadow of mp's former self shedding much of what was familiar and appreciated and replaced it with wii party's gimmick. Another reason I miss Hudson T_T.

Mk7 just loss snaking, which was arguably OP, some characters which admittedly was a big loss and a single player vs mode which is tolerable since most people prefer to play online anyway.

I have tried a version of Rhythm Heaven and its whacky, fun, and frustrating. Although, I think it was a fairly recent localization.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

I'm thinking we will probably see a Rainbow Road track styled after Mario Kart 7.

I have tried a version of Rhythm Heaven and its whacky, fun, and frustrating. Although, I think it was a fairly recent localization.
Rhythm Heaven Fever?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oasis, MK7 is like MP9 with racing. It is fun but not at all addicting, and very random, so anyone with competitive intentions is turned off by it. Just doesn't get my blood racing man, not my kind of game.
Well there's your problem.

Also I never thought of you as another Falcon. Like. Not even. You're so harmless. Maybe I should call you Kitten Heels instead. I can call you that now, btw. Started working on icons last night.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Big deal. Camelot is second party, not first party. Of course it is to be expected that they would put Waluigi in this game. At least Nintendo themselves made Mario Kart 7 so Toad is more likely than Bowser Jr. who is more likely than Paper Mario who is more likely than Waluigi who is more likely than Geno.

D

Deleted member

No one is more likely than the other. Everyone has an equal leg to stand on. Except Geno, since he's not even owned by Nintendo.

Though the chances of NOT getting a Mario Newcomer are stronger than getting one.

Unless your definition of a Mario character matches Sakurai's. In which case, you will get at least one. But it won't be one with a Mushroom icon. They'll have a DK icon or possibly a W icon.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well there's your problem.
Well hey, I remember Double Dash had a little more skill involved, I could win consistently in that, whereas I can get first and then last every other games in MK7.

Also I never thought of you as another Falcon. Like. Not even. You're so harmless.

I am dangerous Oasis. I could put Keyboard Warriors to shame with my might.

Maybe I should call you Kitten Heels instead. I can call you that now, btw.
No you can't.

Started working on icons last night.
FINALLY. I think I can faintly remember being born and requesting some icons and I am now finally getting them.

Mk7 isn't Mp9 with racing, that's a bit of an insult. Mp9 was a shadow of mp's former self shedding much of what was familiar and appreciated and replaced it with wii party's gimmick. Another reason I miss Hudson T_T.

Mk7 just loss snaking, which was arguably OP, some characters which admittedly was a big loss and a single player vs mode which is tolerable since most people prefer to play online anyway.

It is an insult, they are both ruled by the Gods of Random Bull****. They are fun, but not something I can see myself playing very much. Even if MK7 has my sweet Honey Queen.

D

Deleted member

Of course he's not Kitten Heels. He's Bunneh Heels, as compared to me, he's just a sweet, cuddleh BUNNEH.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Though the chances of NOT getting a Mario Newcomer are stronger than getting one.

Unless your definition of a Mario character matches Sakurai's. In which case, you will get at least one. But it won't be one with a Mushroom icon. They'll have a DK icon or possibly a W icon.
Bowser Jr. is a Mario character with big chances to get in.

D

Deleted member

He has equal footing to Toad, Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, and Waluigi. They all have "big chances" for one reason or another.

But the odds of not getting one are far greater, unless you count the subseries like Sakurai does.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am not sure if people realize that Mario Kart games sell better than Smash Bros. games. The only other Mario games that sell better than Smash Bros. games are Mario platformers (particularly 2-D platformers).

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
He has equal footing to Toad, Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, and Waluigi. They all have "big chances" for one reason or another.

But the odds of not getting one are far greater, unless you count the subseries like Sakurai does.

Nah.........

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Of course he's not Kitten Heels. He's Bunneh Heels, as compared to me, he's just a sweet, cuddleh BUNNEH.
Lol, now this made me think of Big Buck Bunny-videos. XDDD

I'm gonna change my signatures a bit, Demille, Meowth, Prince Sable and Mac's gotta go the new characters I've been supporting up.

D

Deleted member

@GoldenYuiitusin: I don't think it would be fair to say that Waluigi is as likely as Toad, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario. There's nothing really going for him that the other three don't have.

@ChronoBound: I'm not sure why anyone would expect K. Rool or Dixie Kong to even show up anyway in those games, even with the choices they made for it (which shows that Mario spin-off games pick characters off a hat).

D

Deleted member

@GoldenYuiitusin: I don't think it would be fair to say that Waluigi is as likely as Toad, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario. There's nothing really going for him that the other three don't have.
Assist Trophy status; Sakurai's liking of him, showing in both Melee and Brawl.
If anything, putting Paper Mario on that list is not fair. Why people think he's so damn likely is beyond me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Golden's argument just made me remember something from a while back:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even though MK sells better than Smash, it still doesn't sell better than the regular Super Mario series (for the most part), if only due to more games in the SM series than the MK series. That's where Sakurai looks for Mario inspiration first and foremost, and then focuses on the Mario series spin-offs, like the sport, racing, and rpg games.

It's also why I would personally expect Toad and Bowser Jr. above Paper Mario and Waluigi.
edit: Keeping in mind Toad and Bowser Jr also appear in most sport and racing games as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom