• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got bored of return to dreamland.

I guess, if I had a bunch of wii friends it COULD have been fun.

But as a single player kirby experience, it's severely lacking. Especially compared to some of the handheld titles

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
*likes stages with hazards, and find them the most fun, actually* Mostly because stages are key to the gameplay, not just characters. There's really no need for any "plain" stages. Just more "non-overbearing" ones, like Delfino.

Anyway, as for Sonic stages, I'm thinking Oil Ocean Zone. It would have swimming, but you'd sink too. Not many hazards, mind you, but it's be a nice neutral stage.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I like stage discussion. Even if they're not conducive to playing competitively or whatever, I really enjoy reading about them and thinking, "That'd be fun to play on!" Some of them are really creative and cool.

(Starphoenix has some amazing stage ideas.)

Smooth Criminal

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'll have to do that sometime my friend.
Eventually I'll be doing a Kid Icarus: Uprising stage concept. Have the concept in my mind, just need to type.

I got bored of return to dreamland.

I guess, if I had a bunch of wii friends it COULD have been fun.

But as a single player kirby experience, it's severely lacking. Especially compared to some of the handheld titles
:O As someone who has played Kirby games for so long KRTD was on par with Super Star for me, which is not a light thing for me to say.

I like stage discussion. Even if they're not conducive to playing competitively or whatever, I really enjoy reading about them and thinking, "That'd be fun to play on!" Some of them are really creative and cool.

(Starphoenix has some amazing stage ideas.)

Smooth Criminal

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I looked at "The Stage" and "Sunset Shore" and now demand that those be in. Although honestly, I feel like that if such stages were in, they would have to have more normal stages in addition, like a traditional Paper Mario 3D stage featuring paper stuff and DKCR fun without being forced to use silhouettes (G&W loves that stage, by the way.)

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I personally haven't even tried that Arena before, though I really need to. Surely he isn't as hard as the story mode final boss, and with the whirlwind he was for the most part EZ.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I looked at "The Stage" and "Sunset Shore" and now demand that those be in. Although honestly, I feel like that if such stages were in, they would have to have more normal stages in addition, like a traditional Paper Mario 3D stage featuring paper stuff and DKCR fun without being forced to use silhouettes (G&W loves that stage, by the way.)
The key is having balanced variety. Not every stage has to include an overwhelming gimmick, or try to allocate some of that creativity to having dynamic backgrounds. In the case of Sunset Shores it is one of those artistic opportunities that is just too good to pass up. Maybe what Sakurai could do is instead of making every character's palette monochrome just give them heavy shading.

*sigh*

Can anyone who played RtDL tell me how to beat Galacta Knight? I'm having a HARD time
Good luck, because I have not been able to accomplish that either. Than again I only fought him once.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
P@Iblis: Yo, you know SEGA just put up a bunch of Sonic soundtracks on Itunes, right?
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177174
I'm surprised you guys haven't noticed that before, I've mentioned them in the BR and they've been out for months. lol

I already have the Sonic CD and Adventure tracks on my Ipod. I can't wait for Episode 4 I & II. :cool:

Gotta finish up my latest stage concept and revise Dragon's Altar. Been busy all weekend so I'll work on them real soon.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Tri: You, me and Chrono are all sporting Fire Emblem avatars right now. lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Tri: You, me and Chrono are all sporting Fire Emblem avatars right now. lol
I have good memories of Gaiden what can I say (left my NES on for a week because my copy had a broken battery save, was worried it would catch on fire lol). :cool:

Just looked on Youtube, seems the FE13 songs have finally been given names, that'll make things much easier. :D

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I have good memories of Gaiden what can I say (left my NES on for a week because my copy had a broken battery save, was worried it would catch on fire lol). :cool:

Just looked on Youtube, seems the FE13 songs have finally been given names, that'll make things much easier. :D
Yeah I did, still kind of scrambled though.

what's Iblis' icon from?
More specifically FE13 DLC artwork.

D

Deleted member

I know we're not on this kind of discussion, but I have got to thinking, why do people dismiss Knuckle Joe as a potential candidate for a Kirby Newcomer?

I always hear that it's because "he's a common enemy", but so is Waddle Dee, and people feel he should be in. And like Waddle Dee, there is the Knuckle Joe; the blue one who is the Helper. And he's the AT Knuckle Joe.
Sakurai even refers to Joe as "he" and "him", rather than "it".

Moveset also wouldn't be an issue, as he pretty much has a moveset in Super Star, even if it's the same as Fighter Kirby.

And Sakurai made Knuckle Joe. While Sakurai did make Waddle Dees and even the Bandana Waddle Dee (Megaton Punch), he was not the one to give him a spear.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Waddle Dee > Knuckle Joe. Waddle Dee is older, more popular, and more iconic now. Not to mention a spear is a new and original choice of weapon, whereas we got plenty of punchers.

This isn't objective prove that Dee is just plan better, but I see more potential and reasoning for one over the other personally. The only thing Joe has going for him is that he was an AT in Brawl.

At least he is more interesting than Little Mac though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Waddle Dee has been playable, so that already helps.

Knuckle Joe, well... people want Little Mac, and they're quite similar.

He's cool and all, but unless he's a clone of Little Mac(and somebody'll hack it later anyway).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know we're not on this kind of discussion, but I have got to thinking, why do people dismiss Knuckle Joe as a potential candidate for a Kirby Newcomer?
The ONLY reason anyone ever given Knuckle Joe a serious thought about being a potential Smash candidate is because he was an Assist Trophy. If he wasn't one, no one would give a crap about him.

Just give Little Mac Knuckle Joe's moves on top of his own moves and we are good to go.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The ONLY reason anyone ever given Knuckle Joe a serious thought about being a potential Smash candidate is because he was an Assist Trophy. If he wasn't one, no one would give a crap about him.

Just give Little Mac Knuckle Joe's moves on top of his own moves and we are good to go.
Mac should TOTALLY throw Hadoukens

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Question, is anyone going to throw a fit if I post potential spoilers for Kid Icarus: Uprising?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I will. But I don't check previous pages since this thread gets kinda crazy with activity at times so... whatever.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I will. But I don't check previous pages since this thread gets kinda crazy with activity at times so... whatever.
Wait just one more week. It'll get even worse once schools let out. Then a few more weeks for E3. This is gonna be one lulzy summer.

Automatic, wasn't your avatar facing towards the viewer not too long ago? Anyway, back on topic, I'd love to see Hector playable from fire emblem. But, not sure if he would be a slow sluggish character.

Too many characters never feel right for a fighter.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Remembering all the trolls, new members, and such reminds me, how much information on SSB4 will we have to get before this thread is closed and replaced with it's own sub-forum or forum? I'm guessing when we get a full trailer, although I can't remember how it worked on here for Brawl. Anybody who was around back then care to enlighten me?

@Star: Too late I saw it. ;)

Well, if anyone was on smashboards long before brawl was announced might have information regarding that. I would imagine a forum would be created once there is an actual date of release and more concrete stuff to discuss. Everything so far is still speculation.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, it makes perfect sense to only expand when there's actual information, I was just wondering how much info constitutes as worthy enough to expand. Something like just a name or a tiny teaser trailer, I would understand the reasoning behind waiting until there was more info, but once an actual trailer comes out (with gameplay and possibly new features), I don't think this thread could handle it, lol.

I think if we waited until there was actually a release date to allow more threads, this one would explode. :laugh:

@Star
Don't worry I've already forgotten. :psycho:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom