• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Dry Bowser as Bowser alt alongside his Striker costume. Because that thing looks cool.
Also, what's the body supposed to be, FPB?
The body is a Poppy Bro, I just colored it like that for no reason. :laugh:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Fox: Landmaster!
Wolf: Landmaaaster!
Falco: Laaaannndddmaaster!
Why I love Falco. Also, I hate Mario, Lucas, Yoshi, and Pikachu. I just hate 'em in any Smash game.

But I still have a secret thing for Lucas, just baggy shorts are rally cool.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Maybe these Brawl mods remove the "Masterpiece" games (which are literally the full games, but without the ability to save), though, which take up a lot of memory.
No, we just put all the character files on the SD card for transforming characters and remove duplicate animations files from the common#.pacs. The game doesn't try to load them at startup and reads everything off the SD Card during Zelda/Sheik/Samus/ZSS/PT/Giga/Wario transformations (remember kiddies, cartridge is faster than disc!)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of Master Hand, I hope Crazy Hand makes it in as an Adventure Mode boss this time
Or atleast shows up somewhat. That way, even if he isn't fightable like Master Hand was, we atleast know he exists.

Because he shouldn't have been under the SSE trophy list due to this. In addition, why couldn't he have had a cameo? Maybe he became Tabuu? So many theories...

Time for work!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Or atleast shows up somewhat. That way, even if he isn't fightable like Master Hand was, we atleast know he exists.

Because he shouldn't have been under the SSE trophy list due to this. In addition, why couldn't he have had a cameo? Maybe he became Tabuu? So many theories...

Time for work!
See, the way I see it is, Tabuu was DESTROYING the Smash World with Subspace, so I'm pretty sure Crazy Hand had SOME role to play.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Johnknight: Take a look at Serebii. Looks like all of them, but only the Kanto ones have been shown off so far.

Looks like the anime is getting an upgrade as well. Looks like Dawn may return and join the group again. Cynthia will return and get a redesign. Also looks like both Lucario and Riolu will make major appearances as well (maybe Ash finally catches one?).
Well, there goes any chance of me watching the Pokemon anime ever again

**** Dawn, seriously
At least it's her and not Paul. I never really liked Paul's arrogance.

Anyway, it looks like Lucario may make a comeback; I'm hoping that it'll stick around for Smash 4 after all.

All I want is better balance, more technical skill, and gameplay that favors offense over defense.
Noooooo

Make the game physics work towards the offense while making the game mechanics work towards the defense. Oh and, no to brawl air dodging. I think it was good but to make it balanced, I think it should cause the character to quickly fall and become helpless (You can minus the helpless part).
Meta Knight in Brawl are dominant if you spam their best moves.
So I heard Meta Knight has only 3 moves in his moveset :bee:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I remember B-K being a top notch character, but it was tough for them to land hits on Pichu because of its size

:phone:
Also...
Pichu can overpass kirby on the Melee Tier List because of this MU?

Also...
Pichu can overpass kirby on the Melee Tier List because of this MU?
*Prepare to hit myself on the head since I cannot tell whether they're just playing around*

Even if Banjo was actually playable and Pichu has the advantage, he'll remain to be the worst or bottom tier because 99% of his match ups are far from slightly disadvantaged (From what I remember). At least Kirby has some even match ups and an advantaged one against Pichu.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Assuming that he is not made better, which it would be if Pichu would appear again.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
*Prepare to hit myself on the head since I cannot tell whether they're just playing around*

Even if Banjo was actually playable and Pichu has the advantage, he'll remain to be the worst or bottom tier because 99% of his match ups are far from slightly disadvantaged (From what I remember). At least Kirby has some even match ups and an advantaged one against Pichu.
I don´t know anything about Melee,so you can give your opinion without fear of me

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Probably off topic but will Ike leave? Will Marth get a redesign? Will Roy never see a smash game again? Will Krom take Ike's place?

And for me i think the game physics should include melee air dodge, l-cancelling, jump canceling, dash attack cancelling and hitstun equal to Melee's.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Probably off topic but will Ike leave? Will Marth get a redesign? Will Roy never see a smash game again? Will Krom take Ike's place?

And for me i think the game physics should include melee air dodge, l-cancelling, jump canceling, dash attack cancelling and hitstun equal to Melee's.
Sakurai told that he want to do a totally new smash game,also he will not copy any 64,melee or brawl game modes.

is that what everyone think

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sakurai told that he want to do a totally new smash game,also he will not copy any 64,melee or brawl game modes.

is that what everyone think
That doesn't mean he won't be looking back at the old games either to decide what he's going to do. IMO, I think starting with Brawl and making these changes in Brawl would be a great base for the development team before they start getting to business:
[COLLAPSE="Changes"]1. Increase running speed.
2. Remove random tripping.
3. Make it impossible to air dodge out of hitstun before a certain point (see BlazBlue).
4. Implement auto L-Canceling.
5. Make ledge grabbing possible only if you're facing it.
6. Remove automatic sweet spots for tether recoveries.
7. Reduce the ledge grabbing range.
8. Make throws only grab opponents on the ground.[/COLLAPSE]

@victini
Physics has to do more with things like knockback and the gravity. Mechanics like the various cancelings are a different subject.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Why remove auto sweet spots for tether recoveries? That really puts the screws to Olimar, Ivysaur, and Zero Suit Samus.

Personally, I think it should be easier to fight for edge grabs, especially with characters that completely rely on tethers. Then again, I think edgehogging is one of the cheapest things ever, and the hallmark of a true *sshole.

I always thought a system where teammates could grab each other's feet to aid in recovery would be fun, too. Like, if your teammate was just out of range of the stage, you could grab the edge, then they could grab your feet (tethers, too).

That seems like it could be complicated, but I think it would be neat.

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Edgehogging is a genuine tactic. That's like saying that it's a bad thing if your opponent gets you in the corner in Street Fighter or gets a Ring Out on you in Soul Calibur.

Learn how to aim. That, or make it where auto-ledge grabbing is move specific. Like, get rid of it for Link and Samus.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just heard of Sakurai going to Platinum studios. Platinum has only worked/working on 5 SEGA games and 1 Konami game (and the fact Platinum wants Nintendo to tell them to make a Star Fox game) so if it's anything Sm4sh related he's maybe working on getting some SEGA and Konami stuff again. But who knows.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One thing I'd like to see in this game, and all Wii U games in fact, is the ability to upload and use MP3 files to customize the game's soundtrack.
There's a reason why we can't use MP3 files in any video games; they can't loop. This is why a lot of Wii titles use the .brstm file format for their music files; it's one of the few file formats that support audio looping.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
That doesn't mean he won't be looking back at the old games either to decide what he's going to do. IMO, I think starting with Brawl and making these changes in Brawl would be a great base for the development team before they start getting to business:
[COLLAPSE="Changes"]1. Increase running speed.
2. Remove random tripping.
3. Make it impossible to air dodge out of hitstun before a certain point (see BlazBlue).
4. Implement auto L-Canceling.
5. Make ledge grabbing possible only if you're facing it.
6. Remove automatic sweet spots for tether recoveries.
7. Reduce the ledge grabbing range.
8. Make throws only grab opponents on the ground.[/COLLAPSE]

@victini
Physics has to do more with things like knockback and the gravity. Mechanics like the various cancelings are a different subject.
add jump cancelling and dash cancelling and this is a beast idea. he should also speed up gameplay and air speed

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
add jump cancelling and dash cancelling and this is a beast idea. he should also speed up gameplay and air speed
I deliberately left out on hit cancelings out of that list. I was suggesting changes that be made to Brawl's basic engine (kind of like Balanced Brawl) before a bunch of crazy stuff gets added.

You've probably seen all the crazy suggestions I've made around here and it would be odd if I unintentionally left them out.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why remove auto sweet spots for tether recoveries? That really puts the screws to Olimar, Ivysaur, and Zero Suit Samus.

Personally, I think it should be easier to fight for edge grabs, especially with characters that completely rely on tethers. Then again, I think edgehogging is one of the cheapest things ever, and the hallmark of a true *sshole.

I always thought a system where teammates could grab each other's feet to aid in recovery would be fun, too. Like, if your teammate was just out of range of the stage, you could grab the edge, then they could grab your feet (tethers, too).

That seems like it could be complicated, but I think it would be neat.
I looove that idea. Good thinking. It just MAKES SENSE too, you know? That's the good thing about Brawl. Lots of things just made sense. It's so weird going back to Melee, where you can't grab a ledge if you're not facing it. How many times did I say "IT'S RIGHT THERE, WHY CAN'T YOU GRAB IT...?!" And having to like, carefully stop for items. So dumb.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I looove that idea. Good thinking. It just MAKES SENSE too, you know? That's the good thing about Brawl. Lots of things just made sense. It's so weird going back to Melee, where you can't grab a ledge if you're not facing it. How many times did I say "IT'S RIGHT THERE, WHY CAN'T YOU GRAB IT...?!" And having to like, carefully stop for items. So dumb.
We wouldn't have that problem if we could turn in mid-air, you know.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Brawl sucks, real men play Melee.

Also, I agree with Kuma so much, I'd love to be able to turn in mid-air, dedicate a whole damn button to it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
See, the way I see it is, Tabuu was DESTROYING the Smash World with Subspace, so I'm pretty sure Crazy Hand had SOME role to play.
Unless he is Crazy Hand(transformed)... I see it as a possibility. But not actually anything more than a theory. Also, why would Crazy Hand let his brother be controlled? Unless he got beat up and sent away?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Brawl sucks, real men play Melee.

Also, I agree with Kuma so much, I'd love to be able to turn in mid-air, dedicate a whole damn button to it.
Not even that. Just do a half circle towards the intended direction. No need to have a valuable button used up just so you can turn around in mid-air.

Unless he is Crazy Hand(transformed)... I see it as a possibility. But not actually anything more than a theory. Also, why would Crazy Hand let his brother be controlled? Unless he got beat up and sent away?
I always saw Crazy Hand and Master Hand as two sides of the same coin. Essentially, they're Yin and Yang and they can't exist without each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom