• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How REPLAYABLE are the levels in Uprising? A problem with SSE, I FELT, was that you just didn't really WANT to replay them. They were pretty BROING.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Also am I the only one who thinks Retro is the new Rare?
Except ya know, Rare created the Kremlings and Retro axed them. And to be completely honest, DKCR was good, but it wasn't a Donkey Kong game. It was reskinned Mario. No company will ever come close to the greatness of Rare in its prime decade.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
How REPLAYABLE are the levels in Uprising? A problem with SSE, I FELT, was that you just didn't really WANT to replay them. They were pretty BROING.
It's mostly for the many achivements or getting more hearts and extra weapons. There are a few alternate paths and hidden areas though.

You've probably heard of the challenge gates as well.

Except ya know, Rare created the Kremlings and Retro axed them. And to be completely honest, DKCR was good, but it wasn't a Donkey Kong game. It was reskinned Mario. No company will ever come close to the greatness of Rare in its prime decade.
Maybe. But I guess I'm too young to know the hay day of Rare. That and I'm not a fan of the DKC series either. Prime is where it's at for me.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@retro being the new rare... many rare employees went to retro... apparently, all the good ones.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One more month until we (hopefully) get some questions answered...and this place gets flooded with new people, both good and bad. But hey, we made it this far, right?

I'm hoping for at least a name reveal (and a trailer, even if just cinematic, as unlikely as it may be.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One more month until we (hopefully) get some questions answered...and this place gets flooded with new people, both good and bad. But hey, we made it this far, right?

I'm hoping for at least a name reveal (and a trailer, even if just cinematic, as unlikely as it may be.)
Since smash has been in development for a month maybe, I don't think we're going to get much information about it at E3

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
NOOOOO Way, you obviously have only played SF assault judging by the "eight to ten chapter game". Starfox has a lot of potential and Retro can do an amazing things with Starfox when they add things like online, more levels, more depth etc. Online could work especially greath with the Wii U.
Well, considering I've played the first two Star Fox games and Assault I think the point I'm trying to make is I do not want a Star Fox game that can be beaten in a single day. The games are not known for being very long.

@Starphoenix: Are there any other companies you feel could revive Star Fox better?
Treasure.

Look I played the original DKC trilogy and thought DKCR was excellent. People just like to whine and complain about the stupid kremlings.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It had a poor end boss, and using diddy as a powerup was extremely lame.

Also, the decision to add those barrel rocket parts didn't seem well with me.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@---
How is schwarma a "BIG" reveal =P

In addition to what try said, it's also pretty fun to replay levels just for the dialogue.

Augusto are you trying to bring a guest? =3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wish that I can go to an E3 convention for once instead of having to watch everything on the internet. Curse my low income! :(

Hoots

Can Be Combative

Knowing our luck, E3 will go down like this.

Reggie will give his drawn out and incredibly phony "I'm a bigshot PR guy" spiel about the WiiU and will mention Smash in passing with a pun to huge applause. Then he'll go on to talking about some bull**** WiiU Sports and WiiU Fit, never to mention Smash again. Then a reporter will talk to Sakurai and he'll say something like "I want to make a new experience and not just add more characters. It will be very hard and will take a long time. *laughs* Good bye." Then E3 will end and we'll either kill ourselves or sit around here, our souls crushed by disappointment, having stupid Pokemon arguments while Diddy jerks off to Impa for yet another year.

Realistic expectations, guys.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Smash has been in development for almost 3 months, Psycho
It wasn't really in development.

He focused his entire attention on Kid Icarus, saying he wasn't going to work on smash until it was complete.

It wasn't until a month ago he really got on it

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@---
How is schwarma a "BIG" reveal =P
So have you seen it yet? Just in case, I'll put it in spoilers:

Turns out that the Marvel villian Thanos, who appears at the end is the real big bad guy, and is the one who helped Loki by letting him borrow a small part of his army in return for the cosmic cube (terresect in the movie). At the end he grins when he is told that going after Earth would please Death (look it up). Pretty much confirms the sequel.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
what does it mean when a product goes gold? i never understood what it meant...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It means that production is finished and that the game has been handed over to manufacturers for shipping, IIRC

And how you just gonn use my phrase like that against me, Psycho

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
So have you seen it yet? Just in case, I'll put it in spoilers:

Turns out that the Marvel villian Thanos, who appears at the end is the real big bad guy, and is the one who helped Loki by letting him borrow a small part of his army in return for the cosmic cube (terresect in the movie). At the end he grins when he is told that going after Earth would please Death (look it up). Pretty much confirms the sequel.
Nah I've seen it I was just messing with you because there are 2 after credit scenes. The first one is after the cinematic credits which is the scene you described and the 2nd one is after the boring traditional credit roll where all the heroes are eating schwarma.

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
Well, considering I've played the first two Star Fox games and Assault I think the point I'm trying to make is I do not want a Star Fox game that can be beaten in a single day. The games are not known for being very long.
I think if Retro were to give their take on Star Fox, they would try to flesh the game out as much as possible and not just make a quick arcade game. But I see your point.

I'm not sure what project has been requested the most, but I'm thinking Star Fox was that project. However, I do think they're working on something else because the barrel role comment came from someone in Official Nintendo Magazine, not someone from Retro.

I heard Platinum Games head wanted to make Star Fox too, so that could be good.

@Hoots: You never loss your humor, haven't you?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Platinum Games making Starfox would be sick!
@Kuma What the hell? Did Lucario just activate X-Factor or some ****? He looks broken as hell.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Thank you Sage for sending me the sigs. You are awesome. Also, I argued with my friend about who's a better Namco rep: Kazuya or Pac-Man. I argued Pac-Man, while he argued Kazuya. He said that since K can fight, he's more likely. I told him that Pac-Man is more likely because he's more recognized and and classic. Then my other friend suggested Agumon. We slapped him and buried him in a ditch.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
replies in bold. i'm not thrilled about most of your examples, but you make a good point about original stage concepts.
Yea I prefer the current ones, but instead of just introducing new themes I'd like to see something tad more original gameplaywise.

I meant the magic doors/knockable wires as in basically 2 stages in 1. Lets say a stage suddenly spanws a magic door in the middle for a few seconds (like in SMB2). Players can run at it and go through it, basically going to another (version of the) stage. It could either be a fully fledged stage with different layout or just some tweaks. Sure this wouldn't work well in local multiplayer. Except if it works as a safezone, imagine that the stage floods, giant Billie Bob flies through the stage or something, and the last person at the door will be left behind.

Another option is simply a 2 layered stage (think how in SMB3 there's a secret behind the background when you drop through one of the blocks) so there can be people on the front and in the back of the stage. Both layers have some differences.

Oh and just thought that gravity level could also be a factor. A stage with extra strong gravity, like 2x or 3x which makes jumping and knockback a lot less useful. Or alternatively lower gravity which makes jumping and knockback floatier. Even zero-G Metroid stage could be considered.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Platinum Games making Starfox would be sick!
@Kuma What the hell? Did Lucario just activate X-Factor or some ****? He looks broken as hell.
Complete with Bayonetta style combat for Krystal.:awesome:

You should see the other ones that guy did. Wolf's was crazy. As I said earlier, this doesn't take into account DI and that Falco could've teched a few times there. I wanna say Smash 64 had this potential too which is both a good and a bad sign.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't know anything about Project M, but lately all I hear about it is how particular characters are not balanced well at all. ???

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It means that production is finished and that the game has been handed over to manufacturers for shipping, IIRC

And how you just gonn use my phrase like that against me, Psycho
For some reason I thought you said 3 years

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Looking back at them again. Those combos definitely made the most sense. The big difference though is that Smash 64 only had floor teching.

I must say, though, that if we do get a real combo game going on in Smash 4, it really needs scaling to balance it out. I don't think many people want Smash to become a ToD game.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Like 64. Probably the reason why I don't find it entertaining to watch. At all.
Even though the combos look sick.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
cobalsh: i'll agree that pac-man seems most likely as a namco addition, for the same reasons you brought up. pac-man is a pretty big cultural icon even beyond just video-game fans. (i don't even know who kazuya is.) agumon strikes me as very unlikely, but it would be eleven different kinds of awesome. klonoa would be pretty neat too, but i think agumon might actually be more probable.

ssbowns: the layered stage sounds the most practical, and the most fun. :grin:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
cobalsh: i'll agree that pac-man seems most likely as a namco addition, for the same reasons you brought up. pac-man is a pretty big cultural icon even beyond just video-game fans. (i don't even know who kazuya is.) agumon strikes me as very unlikely, but it would be eleven different kinds of awesome. klonoa would be pretty neat too, but i think agumon might actually be more probable.

ssbowns: the layered stage sounds the most practical, and the most fun. :grin:
Apparently Digimon was the most influencial source for the art for one of my stories, which I find strange because I didn't even look into it for resource.

Everyone says my art looks like digimon

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The thing I've always wondered is how would he fight. I'm rather amazed that the guys at Capcom turned him into a Mokujin-mecha user ala Tron Bonne. It's like they couldn't think of anything else for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom