• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The thing I've always wondered is how would he fight. I'm rather amazed that the guys at Capcom turned him into a Mokujin-mecha user ala Tron Bonne. It's like they couldn't think of anything else for him.
Well, in his adventure games he just eats things, rolls, and butt slams

He could be a Yoshi clone

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Pac-Man should have had the ability to place (or suspend) pellets on the stage, maybe four at a time, then he'd have an attack where he would do his famous CHOMPING in a straight line, turning at right angles when reaching the pellet to go to the next (if turning is required).

Or something.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Either that or his recovery can stop him in place for a moment and you can move the analog stick to draw a line of pellets in whatever way you want in a few seconds and at the end you speed through eating them.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Pacman has also eaten so many ghosts he should be able to puke them out, different ghosts moving at different angles.

And he can "teleport", dunno how it could be used, maybe he could intentionally jump outside boundaries from the right side and then appear from the left side (won't work if he's in air because of getting hit). Oh and the newest game had that radial "clear all" move which could also be used. Final Smash could just be ripped off from Sonic and the other "super modes".

I can see him having enough moves.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What's goooooooood?

Final Smash for Pac better be none other than power pellets.

Everyone turns blue, and if they come in contact with Pacman, he chomps them OHKO.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Watching the review of Mortal Kombat Annihilation from NC

One thing that bugs me is his hate of the characters sub zero and scorpion returning.

That is actually the real story of Mortal Kombat

The movie sucks, but you can't use the necessary plot elements from the actually game to justify it's suckiness

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The only thing "good" is that Final Smash. With that and the recovery I made up I guess it could be a pretty decent character.

And yeah that movie was absolutely disappointing, I actually really enjoyed the first movie....

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The only thing "good" is that Final Smash. With that and the recovery I made up I guess it could be a pretty decent character.
Why thanks Holder. (-UvU-) I think I'd want to support Pacman now... he'd be not too out of place for Smash, and like who wouldn't recognise him?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Why thanks Holder. (-UvU-) I think I'd want to support Pacman now... he'd be not too out of place for Smash, and like who wouldn't recognise him?
Except the lame factor. Pacman might be the only character more uninteresting than Ryu. And it doesn't matter that people recognize him, he doesn't have that same level of appreciation that characters like Snake and Sonic have. Everyone KNOWS Pacman, but who plays his game and thinks, "he would ne awesome in Smash. I feel like the only reason people support him is because "ZOMG HE IS CLASSIC AND EVERYBODY KNOWS HIM!" which we know is a terrible reason.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hoots is probably just some young gamer who doesn't appreciate old characters like Pac-man and the duck hunting dog. He only likes those "cool" newfangled characters that use computers and such.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Watching the review of Mortal Kombat Annihilation from NC

One thing that bugs me is his hate of the characters sub zero and scorpion returning.

That is actually the real story of Mortal Kombat

The movie sucks, but you can't use the necessary plot elements from the actually game to justify it's suckiness
That isn't the whole story of Mortal Kombat lol, but yeah, Annihilation was hilariously bad

Especially the part with Sindel and Kitana and the rolling ball part :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Except the lame factor. Pacman might be the only character more uninteresting than Ryu. And it doesn't matter that people recognize him, he doesn't have that same level of appreciation that characters like Snake and Sonic have. Everyone KNOWS Pacman, but who plays his game and thinks, "he would ne awesome in Smash. I feel like the only reason people support him is because "ZOMG HE IS CLASSIC AND EVERYBODY KNOWS HIM!" which we know is a terrible reason.

This. If I had to pick a Namco character, it'd be between, Kazuya, Jin, Siegfried, KOS-MOS, and Lloyd, and Lloyd is, IMO, the best pick since many Nintendo fans loved Symphonia and he's not subject to having his moves being compromised by Smash's gameplay unlike the first three. If anything, he'd transition to Smash almost seamlessly.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ironically, their last names aren't Mishima, but Kazama and Alexandersson.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But I don't know those characters so they can't be in smash bros

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I gotta agree with Hoots and Kuma.

If we want a Nintendo character to fight Pac Man, then lets rally for Falcon on a Wii U version of SFxT. :cool:

vv Kinda like how Snake got in over Simon Belmont. I doubt Namco has interest in Smash anyway.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lol Kuma how is Lloyd or Symphonia significant to Nintendo anyway, it's just one of the games in Tales-series! Why should EVEN Lloyd get in over Pacman?

Pacman's more been with Nintendo, especially when ya consider Pacman Vs in Gamecube and Mario Kart GP.

Just saying....

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It's probably just my dislike of fighting game protagonists in general though. Jin, Liu Kang (except for Zombie Liu Kang. DEM CHAINS), Ryu. I'm not even that crazy about Jago from Killer Instinct. Lars pisses me off even more because I hate it when new characters just suddenly come in late in a series and start running **** (in terms of the story, I mean)

D

Deleted member

I gotta agree with Hoots and Kuma.

If we want a Nintendo character to fight Pac Man, then lets rally for Falcon on a Wii U version of SFxT. :cool:

vv Kinda like how Snake got in over Simon Belmont. I doubt Namco has interest in Smash anyway.
To be fair, Miyamoto's favorite character is Pac-Man, so he may want to see Pac-Man in Smash.

At this rate, it is Pac-Man's only hope, since he's not going to achieve a strong fan base. Once Miyamoto retires, all hopes will be gone.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To be fair, Miyamoto's favorite character is Pac-Man, so he may want to see Pac-Man in Smash.

At this rate, it is Pac-Man's only hope, since he's not going to achieve a strong fan base. Once Miyamoto retires, all hopes will be gone.
I was kinda getting at how Snake, a character who has barely made any appearences on a Nintendo system vs Belmont. But whatever.

That doesn't change much, Miyamoto doesn't even hold the rights to Pac Man.

BTW, we all know Pac Man, but who wants him?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Even with Miyamoto backing up the request, if they couldn't come up with something faithful/in character for him that doesn't require accommodating the game just for him, then he won't happen.

@YH
Lloyd's mostly personal preference. That being said, he starred in arguably the most prolific RPG on the Gamecube, the sequel was a Wii exclusive, he was added into the Wii-exclusive Soul Calibur Legends as well. Save for the all-star games and that PS2 port, he's been showing up mostly on Nintendo platforms since his debut.

Besides, I get the feeling that if you toss out "deservingness", most people would pick Lloyd over Pacman.

And I personally don't care for most FG protagonists, but Skullgirls' Filia is an exception and I do like Ragna even if I don't like playing as him.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Pac-Man has very little chance of actually getting in, and this is coming from someone who wants him in a lot

Not even just because "HE'S AN ICON GUISE", I've played the first two Pac-Man World games before and enjoyed them so my desires are based on those mostly

Only third party I'm expecting is Mega Man. I just hope we keep Sonic and Snake

D

Deleted member

BTW, we all know Pac Man, but who wants him?
That's precisely Pac-Man's problem; not many people want him. It'd be somewhat like adding Rose and Jack from Titanic because everyone knows them, even thought nobody wants them in (although Pac-Man has a few supporters and is eligible).

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Lol Kuma how is Lloyd or Symphonia significant to Nintendo anyway, it's just one of the games in Tales-series! Why should EVEN Lloyd get in over Pacman?

Pacman's more been with Nintendo, especially when ya consider Pacman Vs in Gamecube and Mario Kart GP.

Just saying....
That logic is flawed. PACMAN HAS BEEN IN CROSSOVERS SO HE SHOULD BE IN SMASH! Mmhmm, and I guess White Mage should as well? How about Vector the Crocodile? People need to realize how monumental Smash is. It isn't some hokey gimmick of a crossover. This is serious business where the real big guns are drawn. Sakurai himself said that the character has to do something special. Every Pacman supporter is not motivated by that. They simply say, "oh he's famous so let's make up a moveset for him" Instead of, "oh he's cool and unique and his moveset would reflect that so he would be a worthy addition."

Xhampi

Smash Lord
That's precisely Pac-Man's problem; not many people want him. It'd be somewhat like adding Rose and Jack from Titanic because everyone knows them, even thought nobody wants them in (although Pac-Man has a few supporters and is eligible).
Rose & Jack would be at least semi-clones of the Ice Climbers anyway :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Every Pacman supporter is not motivated by that. They simply say, "oh he's famous so let's make up a moveset for him" Instead of, "oh he's cool and unique and his moveset would reflect that so he would be a worthy addition."
Metal Overlord said:
Not even just because "HE'S AN ICON GUISE", I've played the first two Pac-Man World games before and enjoyed them so my desires are based on those mostly
Love ya Hoots, but just saiyan

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Let's stop pretending like Pac-Man supporters really exist.

People were arguing about Ridley again?
BORING. Let's talk about Pac-Man some more.

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: There's a rumor that a Star Fox game is coming at E3 2012. I wouldn't expect it, but just something to throw out there.

D

Deleted member

On the Pac-Man issue over a moveset, is it really that difficult? I mean, Sonic's moveset had to have been the most half-***** moveset I've seen.

Not including the clones.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
On the Pac-Man issue over a moveset, is it really that difficult? I mean, Sonic's moveset had to have been the most half-***** moveset I've seen.
I agree with this, it's like because he was put in so late they were lazy and just threw him together.

D

Deleted member

And for a Nintendo example, there's Donkey Kong. His moveset is bland beyond belief and random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom