• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
No, it doesn't have online, plus from what I heard, it doesn't even have all the unlockable content that the original version had

Even so though, I guess it's still up to you which version you want, Arcade

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Whaaat. In the original you could unlock sunglasses for Fox.

Also I want to crush Ove like an egg even though I'm quite certain he's just a goat egg thief.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I come back after 3 days to see a new guy attempting to give a Ridley size argument? Oy vey...

Trust me; size isn't the issue, if any issue.

Anything else happen since May 2nd?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Goddammit, I wanna see The Avengers :cry:

Everyone's saying the movie is dope and plus, it made $80M at the box office yesterday

I GOTTA SUPPORT MAH BOI BRUCE BANNER TOO YA KNOW

Oh, and Opossum, there's a rumor that a new Star Fox game made by Retro will be revealed at E3

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
[glow]Yes, definitely pick up Starfox 64 3d! its very good even if you have the original. Also, if your a total Starfox pro, or want to become one, then get Stafox 64 3d because they have new medals on there in score attack mode that are crazy hard to get. I'm still working on them myself.

And I am dieing for Starfox Wii U e3 Retro goodness![/glow]

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I am sorry guys, but Ridley is too big to be playable. Size him down a bit you say? Well, that doesn't make any sense, since he has already been in a smash game as a boss. I don't think Sakurai will make him a playable when he has been a boss already... Bowser was "small" when he was first introduced to smash, but that is obviously not the case with Ridley. You have to be consistent when you make a series of games.

Nevertheless, Ridley is an awesome character that could be implemented in the game somehow, but not as a playable character...
HAHAHAHA! that's funny. Because clearly Olimar belongs in smash despite being the size of a nickel, Kirby is about 10 inches tall (as is Meta Knight). Oh and Bowser clearly isn't 10 times as big as Mario in Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, and 100 times as big as Mario in Super Mario Sunshine.

Also, Ridley is clearly much smaller in the Melee opening than Bowser is in Melee or Brawl. True facts. On top of that, various characters have gone through size changes. Bowser's size from Melee to Brawl grew about 10%. Sakurai even mentions this on a post or two about Bowser on the Brawl Dojo. Plus, there is always... Giga Bowser! :bee:

Besides, people used this same "argument" against Charizard because he was a Pokéball Pokémon in Smash 64 and Melee. Clearly Charizard has never been playable. Or how people were like "cel-shaded graphics can't exist in Brawl" after various cel-shaded characters were confirmed in Brawl, as well as an Animal Crossing stage with cutesy cutesy graphics! Even after all this, these same people said there was no way Toon Link would be in Brawl. I made sure to rub it in their faces after they were such pricks.

What are y'all gonna tell me next=??? A man can't grow a certain part of his body with drugs=??? :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you already own Starfox 64, you don't need to get the 3D version. It's not a heavy improvement and only has a small bit extra, as noted.

Not that it's a bad purchase by any means.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
If you already own Starfox 64, you don't need to get the 3D version. It's not a heavy improvement and only has a small bit extra, as noted.

Not that it's a bad purchase by any means.
If your a big Starfox fan I think it's worth it. Especially if you loved the original Starfox 64 . And it has a lot more improvements than OOT 3d I can say that

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm going to take this time to endorse the most badass Pokemon ever for Smash 4 once more:

For your consideration

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@john
Your first paragraph is irrelevant because ove said bowser was introduced in smash as small not his character has always been that size. If Ridley was introduced in smash as a size comparable to the other characters it'd be cool but his first into "technically" was as a boss in brawl when he was fairly larger than the playable cast. Not to say that you're wrong but you ignored his point and gave him irrelevant facts.

Your second paragraph isn't solidly based in fact since in the melee opening Ridley is never still at a good angle to accurately measure his height compared to samus and he isn't even in a scene with bowser. It is however safe to say that Ridley is close to the sizes of taller characters.

The third paragraph doesn't seem exactly applicable.

With that being said, Ove, Ridiey can be sized down. There are many pictures floating around with Ridley being an appropriate size and it was never stated that consistency was necessary or even valued.

/I'mkindabored

And yes metal you should see the avengers. It was hamazing!

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ funk
I stated Bowser is about 10% bigger than he was in Brawl, even though most of the characters are about the same size.

Besides that, I don't really care what happened in Brawl's awful story mode. I want to pretend it never existed, and I think the rest of you should do the same. It sucked. To be quite franky, if Ridley can be barely taller than Samus in his 1st appearance, he can be in smash. To argue that a character can't be scaled down just ******* the discussion.
I didn't think about that but yeah, he would be just about the only new heavy weight. Well him and K Rool of course.
And kinda sorta Mewtwo, Roy, and possibly even Krom and Zoroark can be heavyweight characters.
I'll say it again. I Hope Retro IS NOT working on a new Star Fox game. That would be such a waste of their talent. Look I like the Star Fox series, but Retro deserves a better project, and judging by the artists they have been hiring I doubt these Star Fox rumors are even true.

Star Fox and F-Zero need to be handled by companies other than Retro.
Nah, both are worthy of their talents, although I'd say F-Zero is more worthy of their talents, due to the higher standards the series has setup for itself.

Plus to be quite honest, I want Metroid V. And I want it to be 2D and made by the same people who made Fusion (although obviously much longer and with more content).

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I think Retro is too good for Star Fox. I don't want to see them wasting all of their resources to make an eight or ten chapter game that can be blown through in twenty-five minutes.
NOOOOO Way, you obviously have only played SF assault judging by the "eight to ten chapter game". Starfox has a lot of potential and Retro can do an amazing things with Starfox when they add things like online, more levels, more depth etc. Online could work especially greath with the Wii U.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Are there any other companies you feel could revive Star Fox better?

For F-zero, Monster Games would be great. Excitebots: Trick Racing is a great, underrated game that deserves more attention and I think they can do F-zero justice.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
@Starphoenix: Are there any other companies you feel could revive Star Fox better?

For F-zero, Monster Games would be great. Excitebots: Trick Racing is a great, underrated game that deserves more attention and I think they can do F-zero justice.
I wouldn't mind Sega at all working on F-zero Wii U considering the job they did with F-zero gx.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Oasis
I think Roy was at least a mid-heavyweight. Mewtwo was a mid-lightweight I think. :rolleyes:

In my opinion both of those should be changed...

...just like how your shirt should be changed to "piss" Oasis. :p

That way you can be Super Seriously Scary Oasis_S! :shades:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
False.

Marth has the same weights at Roy and Mewtwo (and Young Link) in the PAL version of Melee. :p :cool: :grin:

Seriously though, the current smash weight system (ranking) is garbage. I don't know how Sakurai ranks it, but it's all messed up. :rotfl:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I actually kinda liked brawl's story mode. Yea it was all over the place but that's common for fighting games that try to make a story =\.

VVV You gon take that John? You can't just let that one go

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You're garbage.

That knight's armor you wear around. You made it out of a garbage can.

Your greatest Secret revealed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I actually kinda liked brawl's story mode. Yea it was all over the place but that's common for fighting games that try to make a story =\.
Melee's Adventure Mode was better and shorter. Brawl's was too long, and lost it's "flair" after a while. Seriously, if the levels weren't so repetitive (even without the Great Maze) if it didn't have generic original bosses (minus my boi Tabuu), and if the areas were a little more Nintendo-ish, then maybe it would have more "charm."

But as the SSE is, it is forgettable and too long. The minimal charm it had was washed out with all kinds of generic locations, enemies, and places.

Plus the fact I can't play as a ton of those stages in the multiplayer is crap. Seriously, that stadium at the beginning (that's a perfect stage for smash), the area you fight Tabuu, and a few other locations should be playable in multiplayer. That still annoygs me.
You're garbage.

That knight's armor you wear around. You made it out of a garbage can.

Your greatest Secret revealed.
Correction: It is made of Super Steel from a Sage's Scrotum!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
^^^ lol feeling left out?

John that's all opinion though. The only part I really didn't like was the great maze. The lack of nintendo enemies/sceneries didn't really take away from the game for me but if they were there they definetly would've added to the experience./ What he said ^^^

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Multiplayer?i wasn't sure anyway,i don't remember the trailers well.But you can chatroulette see each others face to recognize who's arwing it is.

That is a scrotum of choice

I wouldn't rank mewtwo because of how heavy he seems,he looks like he can fly n' sh*t like that.Like how samus seems heavy but she has a booster on her back and in the games she goes on light gravity planet.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Again, it was the lack of the Nintendo-feel. It basically was Nintendo's All-Stars and 2 All-Star guests dumped into a random world.

Seriously, if this was any other fighting game series, that is fine. But it's Smash Bros! We got characters that existed before the game, and have their own great series, games, and history outside of smash! We deserve better! All we got was a few Mario enemies. That's it. We got a lot more in Melee (the ice monster things, the polar bears [sadly no seals], the ReDeads, the Octorocks, etc).

There's no reason the next game shouldn't expand upon that. Piranha Plants, Magikoopas, Koopa knights, Kremlings (and other DKC [animal?] enemies), Darknuts, Moblins, Metroids, all kinds of Space Pirates and species from Metroid, loads of cutesy Yoshi enemies, all the basic Kirby enemies (Sakurai knows how to use those) various Star Fox ships, maybe a few species of Pokémon, F-Zero racers(?) (a boss fight against a F-Zero racing machine FTW!), New Age Retro Hippies, various basic enemies from MOTHER 1-3, seals, various Game and Watch characters, the basic enemies from Fire Emblem, enemies from Kid Icarus, various Wario Land enemies (Wario Ware enemies?), giant (or actually microscopic) plant species from Pikmin, evil R.O.B.s (returning), various Metal Gear enemies (Metal Gears, soldiers, ninjas, ninja soldiers, various robots etc), and anything from Sonic (Eggman robots, various animal species, etc). Seriously, Sakurai can literally port a few of these enemies from games from the 3DS or Wii U.

Also, I love how now all the people with "sage" or similar words in their name or references to people like that in their name are popping up! :laugh:

Random final side note: We all should agree that the SA-X (as a boss you must initially run away from) should be in the story. END OF DEBATE! AGREE!! :shades:

/end rants

Edit: I'm out. See y'all later.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm not sure I understand complaints of the length of SSE.

It was not meant to be a PICK UP AND PLAY AND FINISH IN 15 MINUTES sort of experience. There are plenty of other shorter modes in Brawl for that purpose. The idea was to have a robust adventure mode to give players with no friends something to do by themselves for a "long" time. I mean, the execution pretty OFF. But the idea itself has merit and should return.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The obvious answer to the proportion issues in smash is NOT to shrink Ridley, but to get rid of Olimar

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Okay everyone, I have heard what you have said regarding Ridley. I admit that Sakurai kan resize Ridley, which would have been just wonderful. I think Ridley really would suit for smash with an interesting moveset! Thank you for listening to what I had to say :)

To me, SSE is just a small Kirby game, but it's with smash characters. The formula is not appropriate, in my opinion, for the smash characters. But that is what we get when Sakurai creates a single-player...

I totally agree with John, there should be various of enemies and environments from different Nintendo games. That would be sweet.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
but Adventure mode was barely an adventure, most of it was regular fights. i only remember two actual adventure levels, and even they were punctuated with fights against yoshi and link. i like both melee's adventure and brawl's SSE, but i think the latter does a better job of being an adventure mode.

i think SSE would've been fine if the levels themselves were the same, but all the enemies were from other nintendo titles.

and my scrotum would make terrible armor. it would be so cold.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if it would be possible to vary up the stages a bit, not just a change how the static platforms are placed or how the stage moves, but more. I loved what 75m, Pictochat etc. bring to the table but there could be more.

Central gravity: I mean that the arena is gravitated one way or another, so you can walk even on the bottom of the stage. Thinking like a random planet of Super Mario Galaxy: Round stage on which you can move 360 degrees around.

Small area with moving platforms: Think of all those annoying Mario stages that have really small blocks to jump on with big caps in between and moving bridge parts (plus springs)

Different dimensions: Once again Mario; SMB2 has those potions that create a door to another dimension. Or how those some castles have the climbable wires that you can knock to go behind or in front of it.

Stages with game hazards: There are some, but most are quite plain. I was thinking like a Bowser castle (yes, more Mario) from SMB1. Lava instead of a simple fall, lava balls jumping up and down as well as those long fire rods rotating around damaging anyone who gets hit. Dodging that stuff, or throwing enemies at them, is almost as important as the fighting itself.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
and my scrotum would make terrible armor. it would be so cold.
I wonder if, say, metal were brought down to a certain temperature, if it would be harder because of it. When metal is too hot, it melts, SO YOU SEE why I'm curious of this possible duality. Though, it's probably less about becoming softer and harder than it is about being flexible and inflexible. So a colder metal would probably just become more brittle, not harder.

I was going to say that SSE needed more variety in its levels, but... really, they were quite varied. Not the scenery, the actual level design. They were pretty CLICHE I guess, but still.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Goddammit, I wanna see The Avengers :cry:

Everyone's saying the movie is dope and plus, it made $80M at the box office yesterday

I GOTTA SUPPORT MAH BOI BRUCE BANNER TOO YA KNOW
Just wait until you see the post credits, BIG reveal right there. Also the Hulk is the funniest character in the movie, and it takes a lot to beat out Downy as Iron Man.

I'll say it again. I Hope Retro IS NOT working on a new Star Fox game. That would be such a waste of their talent. Look I like the Star Fox series, but Retro deserves a better project, and judging by the artists they have been hiring I doubt these Star Fox rumors are even true.

Star Fox and F-Zero need to be handled by companies other than Retro.
I agree and disagree.

Also am I the only one who thinks Retro is the new Rare?

I'm not sure I understand complaints of the length of SSE.

It was not meant to be a PICK UP AND PLAY AND FINISH IN 15 MINUTES sort of experience. There are plenty of other shorter modes in Brawl for that purpose. The idea was to have a robust adventure mode to give players with no friends something to do by themselves for a "long" time. I mean, the execution pretty OFF. But the idea itself has merit and should return.
Pretty much. Take it from a guy who speed run through it the first day Brawl came out.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I wonder if it would be possible to vary up the stages a bit, not just a change how the static platforms are placed or how the stage moves, but more. I loved what 75m, Pictochat etc. bring to the table but there could be more. i'm not crazy about huge stages like 75m. (though i forgive temple because i'm a zelda fan and the stage is awesome-looking.)

Central gravity: I mean that the arena is gravitated one way or another, so you can walk even on the bottom of the stage. Thinking like a random planet of Super Mario Galaxy: Round stage on which you can move 360 degrees around. i'm on board with this one.

Small area with moving platforms: Think of all those annoying Mario stages that have really small blocks to jump on with big caps in between and moving bridge parts (plus springs) noooooooooooo i hate stages like this because i feel like i'm fighting the stage more than i'm fighting my opponent. "annoying" was a good word for it.
Different dimensions: Once again Mario; SMB2 has those potions that create a door to another dimension. Or how those some castles have the climbable wires that you can knock to go behind or in front of it. not sure i understand how you mean this. what would make this a different kind of stage?

Stages with game hazards: There are some, but most are quite plain. I was thinking like a Bowser castle (yes, more Mario) from SMB1. Lava instead of a simple fall, lava balls jumping up and down as well as those long fire rods rotating around damaging anyone who gets hit. Dodging that stuff, or throwing enemies at them, is almost as important as the fighting itself. to an extent, this would be awesome. as long as it doesn't drift into territory like i said about the small stage with floating platforms idea.

replies in bold. i'm not thrilled about most of your examples, but you make a good point about original stage concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom