• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It is good, but three of the moves sound like something Yoshi or Wario has.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
@Shortiecanbrawl: There's a rumor that a Star Fox game is coming at E3 2012. I wouldn't expect it, but just something to throw out there.
I'm expecting it and wanting it very bad. Their was also a rumor last year right before E3 that said it was possibly in early development to the point that they didn't have anything to show at E3. If this rumor was true than they should of had a year to work on the game.

Also, back when they hinted the game months ago, I think Retro hinted Starfox very well. "While some suggest this new project is likely to be a return to the Metroid franchise, we’d love to see another Nintendo hero get the retro stamp of excellence. After all, having rolled out the barrels for Donkey Kong, perhaps it’s time Retro pulled off a barrel roll of a different kind.”

What other series would that be?!

(also considering that this is like the 3rd Retro starfox Wii U rumor, that supports this being true.)

D

Deleted member

If Retro really is making another StarFox, let's hope they make Krystal an actual decent character that's worthy of inclusion in Smash.

Give people reason to support her other than the fact she had a magic stick and has a *****.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
If Retro really is making another StarFox, let's hope they make Krystal an actual decent character that's worthy of inclusion in Smash.

Give people reason to support her other than the fact she had a magic stick and has a *****.
Nintendo said that Starfox 64 3d was suppose to be kind of a reboot for the series. I'm not sure if it is a true reboot, but if it is then i wouldn't expect to see Krystal. Although, I'm guessing its not a true reboot and that she will likely appear.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortiecanbrawl: There's a rumor that a Star Fox game is coming at E3 2012. I wouldn't expect it, but just something to throw out there.
It's reveal will probably have no affect on Smash, unless maybe Krystal isn't in it, which probably won't happen. Although I guess it could hold a new level?

I hope they keep the Fox, Falco, Slippy Krystal team, and don't actually keep Amanda, or go with the whole "Children of StarFox" thing they had at some endings of Command.

Because I don't want Marcus4Smash. No no no.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Nice moveset for Pac-Man, Xhampi!

And Wizzy, I don't think that Krystal will be entirely erased from the series just because SF64 3D rebooted the series. I don't think you can just get rid of a character like Krystal so easily. Maybe by that, they just mean that there won't be another Command-esque game

D

Deleted member

Word of God says that Command is non-canon to the storyline, and any future title (other than 643D) will take place after Assault instead.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
It's reveal will probably have no affect on Smash, unless maybe Krystal isn't in it, which probably won't happen. Although I guess it could hold a new level?

I hope they keep the Fox, Falco, Slippy Krystal team, and don't actually keep Amanda, or go with the whole "Children of StarFox" thing they had at some endings of Command.

Because I don't want Marcus4Smash. No no no.

What Golden said. And it actually will probably have some affect on Sm4sh you know. think about it new stages, new character models to use, and new ideas.

And @Metal: yea, your probably right about Krystal, especially considering all her fans.

D

Deleted member

If Command does end up being non-canon, it would actually raise the chances of me, dare I say, liking Krystal, seeing as she had her worst moments in Command.
With Assault, I didn't really hate her. She was just...there. A new title that takes place after Assault could actually change her bland character from Assault for the better (not for the worse like Command did), and actually give me reason to not hate her.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What Golden said. And it actually will probably have some affect on Sm4sh you know. think about it new stages, new character models to use, and new ideas.

And @Metal: yea, your probably right about Krystal, especially considering all her fans.
I would love to have SF3D models be used, and they just adapt Krystal and Wolf to those models. So nice looking.

D

Deleted member

I would love to have SF3D models be used, and they just adapt Krystal and Wolf to those models. So nice looking.
I seriously hope they keep the Assault/Command/Brawl design for Wolf. He looked like such a badass.

Whereas in 64, from what we could see, he was essentially a grey Fox with an eyepatch.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion

Fox with Wii U graphics.
Wow, Snes has pretty amazing graphics doesn't it.
If Command does end up being non-canon, it would actually raise the chances of me, dare I say, liking Krystal, seeing as she had her worst moments in Command.
With Assault, I didn't really hate her. She was just...there. A new title that takes place after Assault could actually change her bland character from Assault for the better (not for the worse like Command did), and actually give me reason to not hate her.
Wasn't it comfirmed that it was non-cannon?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's too bad they can't go with the Star Fox 2 Wolf. Had a big ol' SCAR over his eye. Why would any badass want to go hiding manliness with an eyepatch.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
The two other are fine but this,THIS THING,my eyes are bleeding.He isn't even worth as an alt.
And is that normal falco?he didn't have a child?
No, he didn't have kids in any of the endings. He didn't have any because he is suppose to be all SOLO and cool.

and @METAL: I enjoyed Falco very much in Brawl

D

Deleted member

He was probably the only bird in the galaxy. :troll:

I'm most likely wrong, though. But it's a joke, so who cares?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I seriously hope they keep the Assault/Command/Brawl design for Wolf. He looked like such a badass.

Whereas in 64, from what we could see, he was essentially a grey Fox with an eyepatch.
Well Smash always mixes up the SF style, so I'm sure Wolf will have a good mix of whatever games they choose to bring his look from. IF this Wii U game is actually in production, and isn't a drastic change to the Storyline, you can expect the SF cast to be modeled after this game.

@SF characters, if they would just change up their B-Moves, they would be perfect.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
[glow]It will be interesting to see how the SF cast models look in the Wii U game. I can just imagine flying through space in HD...[/glow]

D

Deleted member

Falco: *Starts to glide* Poisonally, I prehfuh da AIR!
Fox: *Stares* What the ****, Falco....?

D

Deleted member

Falco's "wings" are more or less hands. I doubt he could use them for flight any more than Mordecai from Regular Show could.

Although....I could be wrong about Mordecai...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Falco can't fly, idiots. Except in an Arwing. But, what if Retro is making a Star Fox game? I'm still waiting for the announcement of Mario Kart Wii U. I'm sure they'll be one, maybe a Double Dash sequel. Also, I'm waiting for Hammer Bro and King K. Rool for MK. Also, Baby Waluigi. He's the only person we don't have a baby for.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Falco can't fly, idiots. Except in an Arwing. But, what if Retro is making a Star Fox game? I'm still waiting for the announcement of Mario Kart Wii U. I'm sure they'll be one, maybe a Double Dash sequel. Also, I'm waiting for Hammer Bro and King K. Rool for MK. Also, Baby Waluigi. He's the only person we don't have a baby for.
Lol, OBVIOUSLY they are going to make a MK Wii U at some point. Much more interesting to see them announce a game like Starfox for Wii U. And I've been hearing a lot of people hoping for a double dash sequel for some reason.

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: I think we'll see a stage and some musics out of the new game assuming it does happen. As for characters selection being affected, I think it depends on what happens.

If no Star Fox game is announced at E3 2012, Krystal's chances remain the same. I still feel as she would have good odds of being in, although I don't think she can either go up or down at this point.

Now if a game does get announce, it depends if Krystal shows up or not. If she doesn't show up, that it itself won't necessarily hurt her so much as her fan base will take a big hit, which in return will hurt Krystal a lot. Now if she does make it in the Star Fox game, I expect her fan base to gain a considerable amount of supporters, especially if the game is critically acclaimed and Krystal is liked, which in return I feel will make her one of the most likely newcomers for SSB4 (it'll show when Sakurai looks at the result of the SSB4 poll).

@Metal Overlord: I liked playing as Falco in Brawl as well, Maybe even more than Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom