• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sakurai had known about Lucas since Melee...
I didn't say Lucas. I said Mother 3.

Remember that he planned Lucas for Melee when Earthbound 64 was in development and didn't replace Ness with Lucas because it was canceled.

So Sakurai must have known during Brawl's development that Mother 3 was being worked on.

D

Deleted member

I bet Sakurai hoped having Lucas in Brawl would get Mother 3 an international release.
He'd have probably succeeded if he had Flint instead. :troll:

Not really, but still; it's a joke towards the American fanbase.

EDIT: Rackking Frackking Double Post...

EDIT2: Because I had to...

D

Deleted member

I always find it funny how some people think StarFox's best shot at selling well again is a simple "reboot", cancelling out everything post 64. As if that will actually fix any of the series' problems.
Honestly, I agree. If I want the same rail-shooter, I'll go buy Star Fox 64. The franchise needs to evolve and change. I feel a reboot that is mostly suggested due to the nostalgia of the aged game play would not be the best root for the series and in fact, kill sales.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He'd have probably succeeded if he had Flint instead. :troll:

Not really, but still; it's a joke towards the American fanbase.

EDIT: Rackking Frackking Double Post...

EDIT2: Because I had to...
Flint uses a paddle and ties people up with rope.

I'm liking this character

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Honestly, I agree. If I want the same rail-shooter, I'll go buy Star Fox 64. The franchise needs to evolve and change. I feel a reboot that is mostly suggested due to the nostalgia of the aged game play would not be the best root for the series and in fact, kill sales.
They are also trying to introduce the Starfox game to the younger gamers.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I liked Assault and am proud of it.
(Personally I liked it better than 64)

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I liked Assault and am proud of it.
Finally, someone else who likes Assault. I loved the multiplayer especially, I would love to play that type of multiplayer online.

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute...I was watching the old Earthbound 64 trailer....
And it looks more like Flint was going to be the main character. (With Lucas, Claus, and Boney as sidekicks).
And with the rumors (at the time) of Flint being Ness as an adult (to which Itoi didn't confirm nor deny)...it really would've made sense to replace Ness rather than keep him and the "protagonist of Earthbound 64" (Sakurai never did say that Lucas was going to replace him, just the "protagonist of Earthbound 64"). (And possibly add Ness back as one of the clones later)

Oh, and I liked Assault. But mostly its multiplayer.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I haven't played Assault in quite a while (was the first SF game I ever played), my little bro used to rent it all the time. I remember the gameplay was good, and I enjoyed the story, it was certainly darker than the rest of the series for sure.

But if there's one thing I enjoyed the most from the game it was the music. I can't tell you how happy I was to see Star Wolf's Assault theme in Brawl.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
And it looks more like Flint was going to be the main character. (With Lucas, Claus, and Boney as sidekicks).
And with the rumors (at the time) of Flint being Ness as an adult (to which Itoi didn't confirm nor deny)...it really would've made sense to replace Ness rather than keep him and the "protagonist of Earthbound 64" (Sakurai never did say that Lucas was going to replace him, just the "protagonist of Earthbound 64"). (And possibly add Ness back as one of the clones later)

Oh, and I liked Assault. But mostly it's multiplayer.
It was also cool that we got to unlock stuff in the multiplayer as well. I was pretty happy to be able to play the Wolfen

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Oh, and I liked Assault. But mostly its multiplayer.
So NESS is this person that dresses in leather, ties people up, and hits them with paddles.

Giygas DID have an effect on him after all

D

Deleted member

--- said:
ChronoBound: Thou shall not like any post Star Fox 64 games.

But seriously, watch as he rains on the post-Star Fox parade.

Oddly enough, I have yet to play a Star Fox game, which makes me hope for this more.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has a new star fox game even been announced or is this just some kind of speculation

D

Deleted member

So NESS is this person that dresses in leather, ties people up, and hits them with paddles.

Giygas DID have an effect on him after all
Plywood, you mean. He's using a plank of plywood. But other than that, yes.
And he takes his twin children and dog with him to who knows where doing who knows what. :troll:

EDIT: I just looked up information for Earthbound 64. Flint was the main character before it was canceled.

So yeah, Ness was going to be replaced with Flint in Melee, not Lucas.
So Flint for SSB4?

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Has a new star fox game even been announced or is this just some kind of speculation
Theres a rumor that Retro is making a new starfox for Wii U. And that it will be announced at E3, They even said in an interview "While some suggest this new project is likely to be a return to the Metroid franchise, we’d love to see another Nintendo hero get the retro stamp of excellence. After all, having rolled out the barrels for Donkey Kong, perhaps it’s time Retro pulled off a barrel roll of a different kind.”

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm more interesting in what Miyamoto's "new" character might look like. I hope he's someone cool and hardcore and not a rehashed clone (Baby Daisy) or another cute mascot (Mallo).

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'm more interesting in what Miyamoto's "new" character might look like. I hope he's someone cool and hardcore and not a rehashed clone (Baby Daisy) or another cute mascot (Mallo).
I'm interested in seeing the new Nintendo character as well. Been waiting for him to reveal this character for a while now

Also, it looks like Nintendo isn't doing well in sales this year. And that the Iwata regrets not going after the hardcore gamers.

D

Deleted member

@Wizzrobe: Sadly, that quote was from Official Nintendo Power, not from Retro.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Really? Could you or someone else link to said interview?
Nevermind, it looks like your right. But I swear that I saw some websites say that Retro said that themselves. But it is suspicious that they would mention Starfox out of all the other series' out there. Also, considering their have been 3 retro studios Wii U starfox rumors, that helps support the fact that Retro might be working on it. I am mad at myself for just realizing that Retro didn't say this all along :/

I was rather confident in Retro doing this but now that I know that they didn't say that themselves, I really just want E3 to come already so I can know for sure.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I just found out 3DS has a region lock not only for the games, but for the wireless, too.
In other words, I can't play local wireless multiplayer with my European 3DS against my friends, who have American 3DS's.
Seriously, what the ****!? **** move, Nintendo. ****est of all your **** moves. That doesn't even make sense, what the hell are you trying to achieve with this!? It doesn't help you in any way. That pissed me A LOT. *******s.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Okay, now I'm convinced.

Sorry, I don't care much for the Starfox series, can't really join in on this.

@ Yani, immediate right click, save image as. XD How far are you on the new game +?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Whoa, dude... if that is real that dog is probably dead. .___. I am always paranoid when I see dogs hanging out of windows in other peoples' cars that they would jump.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Two different companies have tried that already, and it did not work out. I doubt Retro can introduce anything that has not already been done before.
It has nothing to do with making something different. It's about making something good. Retro is not know for making new things, but making old things fun again. That's Metroid Prime and DKCR in a nut shell.

Nothing wrong with F-Zero, but Retro would work because Retro would make a good game.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
It has nothing to do with making something different. It's about making something good. Retro is not know for making new things, but making old things fun again. That's Metroid Prime and DKCR in a nut shell.

Nothing wrong with F-Zero, but Retro would work because Retro would make a good game.
I would absolutely love for Retro to work on F-zero. The F-zero series could have an amazing comeback if they worked on it.

D

Deleted member

Nevermind, it looks like your right. But I swear that I saw some websites say that Retro said that themselves. But it is suspicious that they would mention Starfox out of all the other series' out there. Also, considering their have been 3 retro studios Wii U starfox rumors, that helps support the fact that Retro might be working on it. I am mad at myself for just realizing that Retro didn't say this all along :/

I was rather confident in Retro doing this but now that I know that they didn't say that themselves, I really just want E3 to come already so I can know for sure.
I'm noticing something really odd here. A few year ago, everyone was for Star Fox or F-zero getting a revival. Now with DKCR and other events, it has split between Star Fox, F-zero, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid and new IP. F-zero can be ruled out since it's obviously not in development and Zelda isn't happening since Retro has been hinting at a project everyone wants them to do since pre-E3 2011. I also doubt Donkey Kong since it's more or less already gotten it's revival and the cries for a sequel is not that high and Metroid, while many like, is nowhere near as wanted as Star Fox or a new IP and I doubt Retro is interested in a fourth Metroid game (the only reason why I would bother tracking Metroid Prime 4 is for the hopes that Dark Samus returns and can gain a strong fan base again).

I think they're working on either Star Fox or a new IP. Right now, I am saying new IP because as Starphoenix said, the art team doesn't look like the one to work on Star Fox.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'm noticing something really odd here. A few year ago, everyone was for Star Fox or F-zero getting a revival. Now with DKCR and other events, it has split between Star Fox, F-zero, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid and new IP. F-zero can be ruled out since it's obviously not in development and Zelda isn't happening since Retro has been hinting at a project everyone wants them to do since pre-E3 2011. I also doubt Donkey Kong since it's more or less already gotten it's revival and the cries for a sequel is not that high and Metroid, while many like, is nowhere near as wanted as Star Fox or a new IP and I doubt Retro is interested in a fourth Metroid game (the only reason why I would bother tracking Metroid Prime 4 is for the hopes that Dark Samus returns and can gain a strong fan base again).

I think they're working on either Star Fox or a new IP. Right now, I am saying new IP because as Starphoenix said, the art team doesn't look like the one to work on Star Fox.
Considering all the Starfox Wii U rumors retros been affiliated with, I'm predicting it will be Starfox. Also, what I am very very very much hoping for.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
ChronoBound: Thou shall not like any post Star Fox 64 games.

But seriously, watch as he rains on the post-Star Fox parade.

Oddly enough, I have yet to play a Star Fox game, which makes me hope for this more.
:laugh:

I don't see the big deal, it's not like we're talking about Krystal or anything. But you should try and get around to playing a game in the series. SF isn't a series that I jump for joy over or care much about, but it's a series that every gamer should play at one point in their career.

Yeah, I like Assualt a lot more than 64 as well.
"High Fives"

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't particularly care for StarFox, I just liked Assualt's multiplayer, and that's where I began to like Krystal.

I REALLY started liking her when I found out Chrono hated her. Not even kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom