• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Even though, I love donuts, I strangely haven't had one in a couple years...
I know right? I know exactly how you feel. I haven't had a cinnamon doughnut (my favorite) for at least a year.

But that has changed. I am a changed man.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
My favorite donut is either Boston creme/coconut/jelly or lemon filled.

Your wrong, there have been 3 rumors all from multiple sources. Thats at least saying something, There is no evidence for a new IP. Zelda could definitely be a possibility though.

Even if all the Starfox rumors are false, it's at least showing that a lot of people are interested in seeing them work on a Starfox. And retro said themselves, "a project everyone wants us to do"
Lol there are rumors for a new IP too. What makes unproven Starfox rumors > unproven New IP rumors? The 2nd point doesn't mean much either because a lot if people also want to see a new Fzero so retro could potentially take that route.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Do you poke a hole in the lemon and form the doughnut around it, or do you make a circle out of lemons and then form the doughnut...?

Lemon-filled doughnuts sound really dumb.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
My favorite donut is either Boston creme/coconut/jelly or lemon filled.

Lol there are rumors for a new IP too. What makes unproven Starfox rumors > unproven New IP rumors? The 2nd point doesn't mean much either because a lot if people also want to see a new Fzero so retro could potentially take that route.

I haven't really found any rumors for a new IP, I have just seen people speculate and say that it could happen because it would make sense for them to do so. I'm just seeing a little bit more support for Starfox rather than a new IP.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
To keep this on-topic, is there a way for Pacman to work that is translatable and doesn't feel like a mix of Yoshi and Wario. Snake and Sonic managed to feel very different from any other character in the Brawl cast, and I'd like to see that for third-party characters.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You seriously never heard of lemon filled? What a loser.

I'm pretty sure I read an article about miyamoto revealing a new IP soon on ign/adirasang/go nintendo. I dunno google it.

I know i'm late to the party but I just saw the new tier list-- the olimars are on steroids.

I could be wrong but wouldn't pacman be in a similar boat as slime, with the whole no/few limbs thing. If unique, effective movesets can be made for the latter I'm confident pacman could be made to fit in the smashverse.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
lol Brawl balance

@dis
Pacman has limbs though. At least Slime can have things stick to him.

And if I had to pick a SE character, I'd pick a team of Chocobo/Moogle.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
You seriously never heard of lemon filled? What a loser.

I'm pretty sure I read an article about miyamoto revealing a new IP soon on ign/adirasang/go nintendo. I dunno google it.

I know i'm late to the party but I just saw the new tier list-- the olimars are on steroids.

I could be wrong but wouldn't pacman be in a similar boat as slime, with the whole no/few limbs thing. If unique, effective movesets can be made for the latter I'm confident pacman could be made to fit in the smashverse.
I know that Miyamoto is going to reveal a new IP, but nothing says that Retro specifically is the one who is going to work on the game the IP's in. While it is a possibility and likely that Retro could be working on a new IP, I just feel that Starfox is a little bit more likely due to rumors specifically saying Retro is working on SF and showing that people are interested in Retro working on a new starfox the most.

D

Deleted member

Still not seeing why you don't think Starfox has a good chance.

There is no evidence for a New IP, it's just speculation and you wanting it.

Also, is there a link to the picture that Retro showed off that looked like a fantasy game?
Because as Starphoenix said, there's nothing to indicate that Star Fox is going to be made. He even brought up stuff that would go against them making Star Fox. Didn't you admit that the art team wasn't exactly the one Star Fox would have and that it would be fantasy-like? That points towards a new IP (or even Zelda if a Retro reveal is going to be kept back until E3 2013).

I'm also keeping expectations low for a new Star Fox game this time around. It's not a matter of me wanting a new IP (I wouldn't particularly care for one, unless it was awesome enough to grab my attention), but a matter of me trying to be realistic.

D

Deleted member

Edit: No, Fossil Fighters is 2nd party. Which is why I hype him for Sm4sh.
But Nintendo SPD is a 1st Party company to Nintendo, so wouldn't be a 1st Party franchise?

EDIT: I know I'm not a big StarFox fan, but if the image was that of a fantasy game, wouldn't it be possible to be a sequel to Adventures?

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Because as Starphoenix said, there's nothing to indicate that Star Fox is going to be made. He even brought up stuff that would go against them making Star Fox. Didn't you admit that the art team wasn't exactly the one Star Fox would have and that it would be fantasy-like? That points towards a new IP (or even Zelda if a Retro reveal is going to be kept back until E3 2013).

I'm also keeping expectations low for a new Star Fox game this time around. It's not a matter of me wanting a new IP (I wouldn't particularly care for one, unless it was awesome enough to grab my attention), but a matter of me trying to be realistic.
I still haven't even seen that picture. And that's only one thing, there is still a lot of support for Retro making Starfox, there is still no specific evidence for an IP. And I did say that Zelda is likely you know.

I still don't really understand how this art team would stop them from making a Starfox. Or where in the world he would of heard of anything like that

AND CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A LINK TO THIS FANTASY PICTURE.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Okay, didn't Miyamoto say he was going to make a new IP because he wanted to work on something ON HIS OWN or something like that? Which means no help from Retro? :\

D

Deleted member

@Oasis: I know, it's wierd. Nintendo working with three 3rd Party companies to make a game (or two).

But from what I see in the interviews, Red Entertainment proposed the idea, Artdink developed it, and M2 did programming.
So what did Nintendo SPD do to be able to label it a Nintendo franchise?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Kuma what I meant was that he's more famous in his original limbless form and I assume that more of his character than not would reflect the classic incarnation. I could be way of though.

Wizzkelly all I'm saying is that you seem to be putting a lot of stock in a virtually weightless rumor. Your intense desire for a new starfox is over exaggerating the reliablility of the "evidence". Trust me I know I still believe we may get another bomberman game since he was never announced as a canceled series. While Retro could be doing another starfox try to look at this objectively and realize its not as likely as you think. For the record I'm not against it.

I'm bored now. Byeeee

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis: I know, it's wierd. Nintendo working with three 3rd Party companies to make a game (or two).

But from what I see in the interviews, Red Entertainment proposed the idea, Artdink developed it, and M2 did programming.
So what did Nintendo SPD do to be able to label it a Nintendo franchise?
Maybe they lent artists? Or just supervision.

I'm watching a walkthrough. Toba Titanosaur is one of the more fashionable types.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think Oasis works for Wario. Cuz I found one of WarioWare, Inc.'s games, Praise or Haze. It said, "(Insert name here) is..." It told me Haze, and the correct answer was Weak. No joke. :awesome:

"(Insert name here) is weak."

Completely unrelated, sure, but I found it funny, regardless. :laugh:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Wizzkelly all I'm saying is that you seem to be putting a lot of stock in a virtually weightless rumor. Your intense desire for a new starfox is over exaggerating the reliablility of the "evidence". Trust me I know I still believe we may get another bomberman game since he was never announced as a canceled series. While Retro could be doing another starfox try to look at this objectively and realize its not as likely as you think. For the record I'm not against it.

I'm bored now. Byeeee

I can at least say that Starfox has a much better chance than any other series. Also, Retro does have a knack for reviving inactive nintendo series. (Metroid and DK for example)

D

Deleted member

Maybe they lent artists? Or just supervision.

I'm watching a walkthrough. Toba Titanosaur is one of the more fashionable types.
lolthecreaturewiththepinkpoopswirl

Somehow I knew you'd like that one. ;)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Haze isn't weak to anything since it's a non-damaging ice-type attack.
Very true. :awesome:
Speaking of which, why isn't there a Pokémon move that ONLY freezes, similar to Poisonpowder, Toxic, Confuse Ray, Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave, etc.? It's always a secondary effect like flinching.

D

Deleted member

I think it's because being to automatically freeze a Pokemon would be broken.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
The effect freeze can become like Lucas´ Pk freeze,the character becomes freezed for a little time.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think it's because being to automatically freeze a Pokemon would be broken.
I think Dark Void threw that argument out the window.

Sleep is guaranteed for at least 2 turns, whereas freeze can disappear the moment it's inflicted.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Maybe for some stickers. :troll:

How come you're surrounded by technology that harnesses the power of GODS, yet you're still banging on rocks with a hammer and hoping for the best.

FFFF now I can't wait to start digging up fossils in the next Animal Crossingffff... I want a Coprolite in my room.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Know what would be funny? If Prince Fluff was playable and had moves based off of Kirby's Epic Yarn. That way, when Kirby inhales him, he turns into Yarn Kirby.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Do we really need another Kirby character? We have the consistent ones....everything else doesn't need to be there
Never said he should make it or that we need him. Just throwing out an idea that would be funny if Fluff was in. It would be pretty cool to inhale him and then turn into Yarn Kirby IMO.

D

Deleted member

According to typical fools that feel Sakurai is biased because of Meta Knight and Dedede in Brawl, we shall be getting Waddle Dee and Galacta Knight.

Oh, and Palutena, Medusa, Magnus, and Hades to even out Kirby and Kid Icarus.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
*Wild Holder of the Heel appears*

I'd actually like that. ._. (What Yuii sarcastically said)

Edit: Though only as an excuse for adding a ton of Icarus characters. XD Galacta really should be a pallette swap though, he is way cooler than Meta, honestly.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
According to typical fools that feel Sakurai is biased because of Meta Knight and Dedede in Brawl, we shall be getting Waddle Dee and Galacta Knight.

Make Galacta Knight a Meta Knight pallette swap. Then add Waddle Dee as playable.

Add Palutena. Make Medusa/Hades a boss, leave the other as trophy or AT. Make Magnus an AT.

All better.

Linkshot

Smash Hero

Eh, I wouldn't want Hades. Viridi, Pittoo, or Pyrrhon.
Phosphora is pushing too much
Don't get me wrong, I love Hades. Favourite villain of all-time, but Medusa is enough villain.

D

Deleted member

Plot twist, Medusa is playable, but it's Hades as Medusa.
He DID say he didn't have a body...so why not bring Medusa back and take over her body?
:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom