• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Another random thought: It would be interesting if Kirby could get either Banjo's or Kazooie's move if he inhaled them (provided they're in the game of course). The two have a symbiotic relationship and cover for each other in the games, so they'd be 2 in one slot in a way that is different from the Ice Climbers. It would be interesting if there was a chance for Kirby to inhale them and get a move of Banjo's but not Kazooie's or vice-versa. Like, he inhales them and only gets Banjo's Pack Whack attack (Banjo-Tooie) or he inhales both and only gets Kazooie's egg shootiing ability.

How would this be possible? Simply by chance, like Luigi's misfire or DeDeDe pulling out an item instead of a Waddle Dee.

What differences? All I see is their similarities besides their movesets.
What about personality? Charles Martinet even said that Walui has a cheat to win mentality and feels as though life is smooth for everyone but him. Won't that affect his playstyle?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Wario luigi mario waluigi, they all look alike very much. Overalls, mustache, the Hat, the one letter symbol on their hat, even their names. etc. Sure, with Wario and Waluigi, ones fat and ones skinny, but they still wear basically the same clothes and have very similiar features. Wario has a biker outfit but that's it.

And the only uniqueness they have apart from each other is their movesets which I mentioned earlier.
I'm saying that you say the bolded part as if unique movesets aren't significant. Who cares if they all look a little similar if they're all different from each other in pretty much everything else? That's just being nitpicky

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Another random thought: It would be interesting if Kirby could get either Banjo's or Kazooie's move if he inhaled them (provided they're in the game of course). The two have a symbiotic relationship and cover for each other in the games, so they'd be 2 in one slot in a way that is different from the Ice Climbers. It would be interesting if there was a chance for Kirby to inhale them and get a move of Banjo's but not Kazooie's or vice-versa. Like, he inhales them and only gets Banjo's Pack Whack attack (Banjo-Tooie) or he inhales both and only gets Kazooie's egg shootiing ability.

How would this be possible? Simply by chance, like Luigi's misfire or DeDeDe pulling out an item instead of a Waddle Dee.

What about personality? Charles Martinet even said that Walui has a cheat to win mentality and feels as though life is smooth for everyone but him. Won't that affect his playstyle?
They're both rather evil. Even if at times they are different they are both evil.
I'm saying that you say the bolded part as if unique movesets aren't significant. Who cares if they all look a little similar if they're all different from each other in pretty much everything else? That's just being nitpicky
I still think they are all too similiar, I know that movesets are significant but I don't see why we need Waluigi when we have already similiar characters like Wario

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
We don't need Toon Link and Luigi then. Or MK, Dixie, any male blue-haired FE swordsmen...

Back to the Kirby ideas. I think that in addition to their hats, Kirby should also get Mario's/Luigi's/Wario's/Waluigi's (if he's in) moustaches.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Having all the Marioveralls together would kind of be like having Ryu, Ken, Akuma, and Dan in. But Smash is waaay better than Street Fighter, so we don't need all those similar characters.

D

Deleted member

Wario luigi mario waluigi, they all look alike very much. Overalls, mustache, the Hat, the one letter symbol on their hat, even their names. etc. Sure, with Wario and Waluigi, ones fat and ones skinny, but they still wear basically the same clothes and have very similiar features. Wario has a biker outfit but that's it.

And the only uniqueness they have apart from each other is their movesets which I mentioned earlier.
OH MY GOD! A COUPLE CHARACTERS HAVE A SIMILAR HAT!!!
AND THEY HAVE MUSTACHES!!!
AND THEY ALSO WEAR OVERALLS!!
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!

You know what else? Mario and Luigi have big noses, and that's two big noses too many.
So we shouldn't have Wario, Yoshi (who also wears shoes like they do), Olimar (his name is even similar to Mario's), Mr. Game & Watch, etc.

And guess what? Kirby and Jigglypuff are round puffballs with short appendages and multiple jumps. We don't need Meta Knight.

Charizard is a draconic being with claws, wings, tail, and long neck, so why should Ridley be playable? He'd probably be the exact same anyway, just bigger.

Link and Zelda have pointed ears, so Wario shouldn't have been in the game at all with his stark similarities to Mario, Luigi, Link, and Zelda.

And you know what else? Link, Toon Link, Marth, Ike, Meta Knight, and arguably Pit use swords. We don't need anymore people with swords.
Bowser, Charizard, and Wolf use claws, so no to characters like Ridley again.

Peach and Zelda are similar. They wear dresses and have long hair. They also use magic. So someone like Palutena is too much.

No more FE characters unless they don't have swords, don't wear armor, and don't have a PINGAS. Which leaves Micaiah, but guess what? She has long hair and uses magic. Only thing she needs is a dress.

No more people with guns. We have Fox, Falco, Wolf, Zero Suit Samus, and arguably Samus and Snake. Also, Captain Falcon has a gun, but he doesn't use it.

I'd make more ludicrous examples, but I think I've made my point.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I still think they are all too similiar, I know that movesets are significant but I don't see why we need Waluigi when we have already similiar characters like Wario
What they have of similar is the face,only that.

Mario and Luigi have similar faces too,and they are a lot more similar than Wario is for Waluigi,and this was not a reason for Luigi getting out in smash 64,he is.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
We don't need Toon Link and Luigi then. Or MK, Dixie, any male blue-haired FE swordsmen...

Back to the Kirby ideas. I think that in addition to their hats, Kirby should also get Mario's/Luigi's/Wario's/Waluigi's (if he's in) moustaches.
I didn't say two similiar characters were a problem. But when there's 4 then that's a problem.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion

will this give you guys hope
It would if it were true
What they have of similar is the face,only that.

Mario and Luigi have similar faces too,and they are a lot more similar than Wario is for Waluigi,and this was not a reason for Luigi getting out in smash 64,he is.
Not only their faces, but their clothes too, and their names.
For me no,I do not use the GCN control.
:troll:
lol what do you use then?
Tell that to Star Fox
I admit that is a problem but at least when we get our 4th Starfox character, that character probably won't be a clone. especially if it's Krystal.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
What if Nintendo makes a successor to the original Classic Controller for the Wii U?

Since GCN games are going to be VC titles this time for the Wii U, maybe they could design that controller to be like an upgraded GameCube controller (by upgrades, I mean stuff like a Home Button), especially since there are some GCN games that are designed around the GCN controller, anyway

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
But you're a stupid casual that doesn't care about wireless interference at big important tournaments. Don't worry your little brain about it.
If I was a casual then why would I even care about tournaments and was calling me stupid really necessary even if your trolling?
What if Nintendo makes a successor to the original Classic Controller for the Wii U?

Since GCN games are going to be VC titles this time for the Wii U, maybe they could design that controller to be like an upgraded GameCube controller (by upgrades, I mean stuff like a Home Button), especially since there are some GCN games that are designed around the GCN controller, anyway
I don't really care about classic controller unless its for Snes VC games.

Adding a home button to a new version of the GCN controller could be interesting though.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Green Knight, as the honoray best knight on Smash Boards, I have the honor of bestowing the title of "Super Awesome Knight" upon you for this service to humanity.

Thank you. You have done me us a service that can never be undone.
DAMN IT RETRO!!!! WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON!!! it's Metroid, it's Zelda, it's Starfox... damn rumours!!
I hope the answer is Metroid, Star Fox, and F-Zero! :bee:

Personally, I would love to see Retro Studios make multiplayer games (with online), which the Wii lacked and unless the Wii U gets a ton of 3rd party support, it will lack it as well. Star Fox and F-Zero should have great online gameplay, and Metroid could have great online gameplay as well.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want a new controller like the Gamecube controller with a home button, two Z buttons (that are bigger), a bigger B button, a select button, a better control pad, and a home button. But really, having the Gamecube controller on the Wii U is enough to satisfy me! :cool:
@retro being the new rare... many rare employees went to retro... apparently, all the good ones.
They also went to the Activision-owned company Infinity Ward and made the basic concept of Call of Duty and most of the games (up to Modern Warfare 2)...
...before they were all fired or quit and went to Respawn like the other Infinity Ward employees who were fired or quit their job (with 2 exceptions).
That's precisely Pac-Man's problem; not many people want him.
Not many people wanted or expected Solid Snake in Brawl, but a lot of those same people loved (playing and having) him in Brawl.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Don't be dumb.
[glow]What happen to your Donut[/glow]
Green Knight, as the honoray best knight on Smash Boards, I have the honor of bestowing the title of "Super Awesome Knight" upon you for this service to humanity.

Personally, I would love to see Retro Studios make multiplayer games (with online), which the Wii lacked and unless the Wii U gets a ton of 3rd party support, it will lack it as well. Star Fox and F-Zero should have great online gameplay, and Metroid could have great online gameplay as well.
Same here, imagine F-zero with 30 racers online at 1000 mph... Or SF Assault type multiplayer online on the Wii U...

Nintendo said that the Wii U will have a lot of 3rd party support

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Fighting games have a story? :troll:
Smooth Criminal
Fighting games=??? I agree.
The ultimate Nintendo crossover fighting game having a story=??? Yes.
Seriously, the story just needs to be you "you fight with him, him, and him, and kill every enemy you see!!!" Then, we shall have fangasms! :awesome:
Same here, imagine F-zero with 30 racers online at 1000 mph... Or SF Assault type multiplayer online on the Wii U...
F-Zero X or G/X online would kick some serious bootie. Whether 4 racers, 40, or 400, it would be kick butt! Assault... meah. Its' multiplayer is crap. I was referring to Star Fox 64's really fun multiplayer. Except like... up to like 16-32 players online. That would rock, even if fighting on the ground (which is "meah") is in it.
Nintendo said that the Wii U will have a lot of 3rd party support
I won't believe it until I see it.

Green Knight

Smash Rookie

Well Thanks

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I think the bigger concern was the lack of wired controllers. No hope.
as a minor side note, does ANY major developer use wired controllers anymore?(besides fight sticks,anyway)

.......yeah.

this was ineviteble. just adapt,and stop whining.

D

Deleted member

@John: To be fair, Snake got in because of his creator. As much as I would rather see Pac-Man than Mega Man (sorry, Mega Man fans), he's not getting in unless Miyamoto demands it or Pac-Man's creator or company show interest.

@Oasis: YOU FOOL! YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO WATCH A GODZILLA MOVIE WHILE HUNGRY!!! It will give you a a Tokyo-sized appetite.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Johnny Bravo- Didn't like half of Infinity Ward leave after Bobby fired the creative directors of Infinity Ward? I guess that's why they needed 3 different developers to work on MW3 (and that still sucked donkey balls LOLOLOLOLOLO)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ lordvatti
No, not really. It's called a mouse. Also, the Xbox 360 controller and PS3 controller have wires that connect to the console to charge the controller's batteries.

Also, Nintendo's wireless network is garbage. Connections for tournaments would easily get mixed up if Brawl was only playable on the Wiimote. The 360 and PS3 controllers don't have that issues. That is the biggest concern. Also, the Wiimote is garbage for Smash. Don't bull crap me about it. The Classic Controller is okay, but the control sticks (for using as a C-stick) suck for Smash. Also, the button placement isn't as good as the N64 controller or Gamecube controller for Smash on the Classic Controller.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
F-Zero X or G/X online would kick some serious bootie. Whether 4 racers, 40, or 400, it would be kick butt! Assault... meah. Its' multiplayer is crap. I was referring to Star Fox 64's really fun multiplayer. Except like... up to like 16-32 players online. That would rock, even if fighting on the ground (which is "meah") is in it.

I won't believe it until I see it.
How is 64's better, Assault had a better landmaster and way better on foot. Way more maps, tons of guns for on foot and more unlockables.

Also, some of the Wii U's 3rd party games are Tekken, Assassins Creed, Ghost Recon, Ninja Gaiden, Metro, Batman Arkham City, black ops 2 maybe, and more.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
as a minor side note, does ANY major developer use wired controllers anymore?(besides fight sticks,anyway)

.......yeah.

this was ineviteble. just adapt,and stop whining.
Yes. The PS3 and 360 regular controllers have wired.

The Kinect and Move are secondary controllers, mind you. They're not for most/all games like the Wii, which almost every game either can use the Wii controller or must use it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If they want to keep it wireless, lordvaati, then they can make an upgraded WIRELESS Gamecube controller. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom