• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Star Fox Wii U is actually going to be a 4-player side-scroller.
I'm hoping for Online 4 player, now that will be great. especially if it was something like Assault's multiplayer. I'm sure that if Retro is developing the game, that we will get online.

D

Deleted member

Falco can't fly, idiots. Except in an Arwing. But, what if Retro is making a Star Fox game? I'm still waiting for the announcement of Mario Kart Wii U. I'm sure they'll be one, maybe a Double Dash sequel. Also, I'm waiting for Hammer Bro and King K. Rool for MK. Also, Baby Waluigi. He's the only person we don't have a baby for.
Was that really necessary?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
After Baby Daisy and Honey Queen, I honestly don't think I can be surprised by anyone making it in a Mario Kart roster

@Wizzy- I actually really liked Assault's multiplayer, it would be cool to see it have online play

D

Deleted member

Wasn't it comfirmed that it was non-cannon?
It was? I was assuming that if a new game was made, they would go with the first ending (not the one with Krystal and Fox having Marcus and all that stuff). But I don't think it's going to be a reboot of the story so much as it is a reboot of the game play.

One thing I want to see Star Fox get is a game play that is adaptable to a great story and long hour of playing while still remaining entertaining. Star Fox needs to change in order to survive in today's gaming world (like Mega Man) and an open-world dog fighting atmosphere works perfectly. That's why Retro is my choice for a Star Fox revival.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
After Baby Daisy and Honey Queen, I honestly don't think I can be surprised by anyone making it in a Mario Kart roster
Lol, I was pretty surprised when I saw Honey Queen in there. And kind of funny to see how much smaller they made her compared to the actual Mario Galaxy game.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
There will be a time when half of the MK roster will be baby versions and in smash too
The only baby character that I can ever see be playblable in Smash Bros. is Baby Bowser as he is the only baby to have shown us fighting abilities in the yoshi series, is a partner in yoshi island DS and the final Boss in a lot of the yoshi games. Sadly for him Bowser Jr exist. And that's only if Sakurai want to add a new character for the yoshi series at the last minute and Bowser Jr isn't playable he have nearly no chance at all.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Open world dog fighting atmosphere? Hell yeah

Star Fox Wii U doesn't need an overly elaborate story, though, just keep it simple (and keep the dialogue-driven story, too)

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Open world dog fighting atmosphere? Hell yeah

Star Fox Wii U doesn't need an overly elaborate story, though, just keep it simple (and keep the dialogue-driven story, too)
I agree, all range mode would be great. It just needs to be handled well, because I remember that a person can automatically win if they get hyper lazers or something. Retro could handle it well though, and I think they should add an Assault style battle as well for more variety.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Maybe you can jump out of your Arwing onto the planet. Unless you're in space...
Fox: (burns into a Fox nugget)NNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Falco: And that's why I prefer the air.
Slippy: Help me, Fox!
Me: (throws remote at TV)GAH!!!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think I played Assault multiplayer once. I trolled everyone there by destroying them all as Slippy. :laugh:

Slippy: "WHO NEEDS HELP NOW, *****?"

So in short, I'd love to see that.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Maybe you can jump out of your Arwing onto the planet. Unless you're in space...
Fox: (burns into a Fox nugget)NNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Falco: And that's why I prefer the air.
Slippy: Help me, Fox!
Me: (throws remote at TV)GAH!!!
What about Peppy?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I always find it funny how some people think StarFox's best shot at selling well again is a simple "reboot", cancelling out everything post 64. As if that will actually fix any of the series' problems.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Peppy: Do a barrel roll!
Krystal:...
Soon, McDonalds trademarked Fox Nuggets, and called them "McNuggets." This was 1984.:awesome:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I always find it funny how some people think StarFox's best shot at selling well again is a simple "reboot", cancelling out everything post 64. As if that will actually fix any of the series' problems.
The thing that will fix any of the series' problems is Retro.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Oasis-
True, but a handful of my favorite characters died in the process :(

@disfunk- Speaking of that, have you seen the new Amazing Spider Man trailer yet?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lol, I was pretty surprised when I saw Honey Queen in there. And kind of funny to see how much smaller they made her compared to the actual Mario Galaxy game.
To me, Honey ***** was the worst addition in Mario Kart 7. She barely did anything helpful or memorable in the Super Mario Galaxy games. Ugliest Mario character alive to be given the Petey/King Boo treatment in Mario spinoffs. That's why I won't be getting Mario Kart 7 unlike the last few.

:phone:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
To me, Honey ***** was the worst addition in Mario Kart 7. She barely did anything helpful or memorable in the Super Mario Galaxy games. Ugliest Mario character alive to be given the Petey/King Boo treatment in Mario spinoffs. That's why I won't be getting Mario Kart 7 unlike the last few.

Yea, I was a bit disappointed they got rid of Boo, he was my favorite character.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Yep metal and I'm pretty hyped. The only thing is I saw lizard and venom and I'm hoping they don't overstuff this movie.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lol at Psycho

@disfunk- I was skeptical at first, but it seems like they're really making Spider-Man more of a wise guy which is awesome

"Ohhhhh, you found my only weakness- small knives!"

Hahaha

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Yea XD. I loved that about this incarnation. Him and iron man are my favorite "movie heroes" right now because of that.

You guys aren't seriously discussing coitus with a robot... I need new internet friends.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Oasis- Hopefully, if/when Tremor makes it into MK10, Jarek won't come with him, lol
Technically, tremor probably died in Armaggedon. I have a feeling we're gonna be seeing NEW characters in MK10, not just old ones revived... which is a good thing. Im sick of the MK cast. Too bad Sonya, and Jonny are still alive. Stupid *****es.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
My R.O.B. is currently staring at me with those big, innocent eyes while holding Gabara on one hand and a stringfish on the other. Next to him is Akainu.

D

Deleted member

I'm not going to take SSB Crusade seriously
Edit: Not because it's bad.

It's because it has friggin' GOKU in it
Yes, ignore the fact that it showed that Ridley works or that Duck Hunt Dog can fight.
Just because it has Goku as a character (when he's the only anime character in the game anyway) dispels anything else.

EDIT: You know what I realized? If Brawl's roster was finished in 2005 sans Sonic...Sakurai must have known about Mother 3 ahead of time, as it was released in Japan in 2006.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yea XD. I loved that about this incarnation. Him and iron man are my favorite "movie heroes" right now because of that.

You guys aren't seriously discussing coitus with a robot... I need new internet friends.

Tell that to Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom