• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Have you played brawl -? Bowser does fine without being much heavier because he has tons of super armor. Like MK's Fair don't phase him (i grammered the sentence like that on purpose)
Man my use of grammar is becoming a mini-meme status here all of a sudden after me posting like that for almost a decade... :awesome:

Also, Bowser is still weak. He lacks strengths. He's either got to have diverse strengths or some strengths that are off the charts powerful and intimidating.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Oasis,okay,it just felt ironic
since you are sakurai,when someone is wrong,it seems right to you,and that's how you know it's wrong

Lol,metal,my poor friend is confused.

C'est pas grave Xhampi,moi non-plus ;-; je suis sûr que la,il y en a quelques un sur un traducteur,ou qui font rien et ne comprenne pas lol

chuck norris understood before reading^
Megaman,because i want to disagree with you lol,or we could always have different guests on 3ds and wii u.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm not confused lol

I'm just flabbergasted at the notion of basically gettin played by another black brotha

And no disfunk that doesn't make me feel better :mad:

lol jk peace out my man

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Johnyboy:You should then see Project M's Bowser, it really is a total badass.

I've been playing Project M to bits lately (even if I'm not very competitive), and I just about everything about it... expect the stages.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nah, Mega Man is the way to go. Plus Square Enix lacks characters with real personality that are constantly appearing like Mega Man, Snake, and Sonic. Also, Mega Man was the 1st real "star" 3rd party character for Nintendo. Even to this today people think of Mega Man as a Nintendo character (although not literally), myself included.

Edit: Plus Snake is a much cooler character than any Square Enix character. Seriously, next to all of Square Enix's characters post-Super Nintendo suck balls!
You're reasoning was all based on your opinion or Megaman and SE characters... I'm just pointing out how close Nintendo and SE have been with DQ and all the crossovers lately...

Really, it wouldn't suprise me in the least to see Slime show up. Even Layton has better connections to Sakurai than Megaman does. (Layton's creator is buddy buddy with Sakurai)

Megaman has fan demand... sure... but, that's about it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I've seen it Horsetail. It's pretty close to what I want Bowser to be in smash.

@ Shorts
If Square Enix had a solidified #1 character who was constantly important to a major series' plot (as in Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy), then I would agree with you that it would be very likely. You go through the checklist, and none of the characters fit that. Even though characters like Slime, the Black Mage, and Chocobo are constant characters, they never really have a role in the series. And when they do, it's usually a specific one with a name (like that Black Mage from Final Fantasy IX).

Again, Mega Man has history with Nintendo unlike any other candidates, he's popular, and he fits in better than anyone else with Nintendo characters. Plus Capcom has come out and practically begged Sakurai to put him in.

yani

Smash Lord
Honestly, if any third party is going to get in, it's going to be a Square character. It makes FAR more sense than Megaman, and Snake. The relationship between the two companies is pretty tight lately.

Slime/Black Mage
Megaman
Layton

Take your pick.
I believe Layton is LEVEL-5 right?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Megaman would be now like the "Sonic" of SSB4. Not close with Sakurai, but a fan wish no.1 .

I bet he'd easily win the poll for a new 3rd Party.

There will never be another Sonic. Sonic was BY FAR the most asked for character. Megaman is tied with many other characters and there are a few Nintendo characters that are just as popular as him.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Begged is a strong word lol
You know, you just know that Capcom is begging for Mega Man to be in Smash behind the scenes. They practically already have viva last Street Fighter X Tekken and various interviews with various Capcom employees and executives.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Megaman is Capcom, too... You screwed up big time. Square Chars:
Slime
Black Mage
Chocobo
Sora
Chrono
That's all I can think of. I would pick Slime, as I've said before. Also, Cloud would never be in Smash. He's 4th party. Also, who's for Death being the new 3rd party? My friend casually brought it up, and it kinda makes sense because Darksiders 2 is a really highly anticipated game for the Wii U. Maybe he could be exclusive to the U. Makes me wanna buy a Wii U now... Then, though, we could have Carter from AC3 as playable, just tone down the violence. Also, when's that Drawn to Life gonna come out for 3DS? Also, did DtL2 come out for Wii, too? 'Cause I called it. If not, balls to me. Drawn to Life was always a really good supporter of Nintendo and other companies, like Spongebob. Oh, and I'm not done ranting yet. We should have an option for which gender we get for Poke. Trainer. Now I'm done.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Megaman would be now like the "Sonic" of SSB4. Not close with Sakurai, but a fan wish no.1 .

I bet he'd easily win the poll for a new 3rd Party.
Mega Man, while not as overwhelmingly hype-worthy as Sonic, he would be the most hyped newcomer in Smash Wii U and 3DS.

@ Cobalsh
Sora has barely appeared on any Nintendo console games, he isn't very popular with smash fans, and you spelled Crono wrong. :p

I think the top Square Enix candidates would have to be Slime, Crono (he'd be a real BAMF in smash), and Geno.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
K well then maybe tim allen.
Nope, he's 75th party. However, Buzz Lightyear is only 37th party, so at least he has a trillionth of a trillionth of a chance! :awesome:
The only Sora I know is Project Sora

I refuse to recognize that other Sora
Sora for Smash! ;) :bee: :awesome: :smirk: :shades: :reverse: :cool: :grin:

As in Sakurai's company named Sora!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If you want a transvestite character, Ghirahim is the way to go! :awesome:

But for realZ, he in maybe 1 Nintendo console game. Plus, he isn't the main character. That's a big no-no for 3rd party characters.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Disney doesn't own Sora, KoH just asked to use those rights for an interesting video game about time traveling and warrior mice. Sounds like Redwall. Also, I'm against Sora. He does have at least a 5% chance of being in. Those odds are too high. But Dream Drop Distance does look delightfully distinguished.:awesome: But, even Leon S. Kennedy has better chances. Thank God.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Again, Mega Man has history with Nintendo unlike any other candidates, he's popular, and he fits in better than anyone else with Nintendo characters. Plus Capcom has come out and practically begged Sakurai to put him in.
That's nice, and incredibly innacurate, but it doesn't change anything I've said...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Anything that isn't Final Fantasy in KH is owned by Disney, including original creations (Sora, Riku, Kairi etc).
Which is why they should show up in ****ing Disneyland.

And no. Jill Valentine is my RE pick. No Leon, no Chris, no Wesker.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's nice, and incredibly innacurate, but it doesn't change anything I've said...
If it's inaccurate, then prove it. Merely saying it's inaccurate doesn't do anything for the discussion.

Regardless, no Square Enix character is getting noticeable demand for Smash 4, maybe aside from Geno. Geno's support pales in comparison to Mega Man's. And if it came down to Geno or Mega Man, Sakurai is easily picking Mega Man. And if he doesn't Nintendo will force him to, because Mega Man = mad cash. Geno doesn't.

Again, Mega Man has a ton of fan support (dating back to pre-Brawl), he's really popular, he's been on Nintendo consoles on a constant basis, Mega Man in some form or another has been on every Nintendo console (save for the Virtual Boy), and he looks like he fits in. Plus his move set makes itself, and there's all kinds of things you can do with Mega Man.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So, you want a RE conversation that'll get ya going? Here's one: When is RE gonna have a Wii U appearance? When will it take place? And will someone important die? Maybe a big bombshell like, Chris is really one of those things, and the real Chris is hidden in the facility where they started their adventure. You can still play as Zombie Chris, just he'll be more furious, like ripping someone's arm off. That'd be pretty darn cool.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Cobalsh
Sora does not have at least a 5% chance. He probably has more like a 0.0001% chance.
Leon Kennedy? Still waiting for this thread to have a good RE discussion (which doesn't involve you, RE5)
Nah, Resident Evil doesn't fit Smash like Mega Man does. It's a lot harder to "tone down" Resident Evil than Metal Gear (and especially Mega Man).

Still, I would have to go with Leon, Chris, and Jill as a team. Also, Resident Evil post-Resident Evil 4 (which was a ridiculously amazing game) is a huge letdown. That is all! :shades:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@ Shorts
If Square Enix had a solidified #1 character who was constantly important to a major series' plot (as in Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy), then I would agree with you that it would be very likely.
Fail to see why this matters when DQ already has Slime as it's mascot. Sakurai has been seen playing, and DEFENDING the series. On top of this, hello? DQ and Nintendo are like buddy buddy for the past few years and the relationship is only getting stronger.

You go through the checklist, and none of the characters fit that. Even though characters like Slime, the Black Mage, and Chocobo are constant characters, they never really have a role in the series. And when they do, it's usually a specific one with a name (like that Black Mage from Final Fantasy IX)
I don't see how that matters. Kind of just saying bull**** to try and arbitrarily minimalize three extremely well known characters.

Again, Mega Man has history with Nintendo unlike any other candidates, he's popular, and he fits in better than anyone else with Nintendo characters.
Yeah, I'm sure his history is so special. More special than Layton's Bomberman's Sonic's Final Fantasy's Pac-Man's, Dragon Quest's, and alll the other series that have strong ties to Nintendo.

Plus Capcom has come out and practically begged Sakurai to put him in.
lolol.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@John- Resident Evil characters? Hard to tone down? MvC2 and MvC3. 'Nuff said

Anyways, Jill is the most likely choice if we ever got an RE character (which is unlikely, but ehh)

@Cobalsh- I'm still hoping for an RE2 remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom