• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It would be so awesome if we got Pac-Man, classic Mega Man, Tails, Bomberman, and Simon Belmont in Smash (along with everyone already in smash). Those are the 3rd party characters I want. Getting any of them would be off the charts AWESOME! :bee:

It's not that hard, and it actually adds a little bit more to Melee than you think. It requires the player to time properly of when to push the button, especially against characters like the Ice Climbers and various attacks that can throw off the timing of L-cancelling.
It's not so much the difficulty as it is the fact that it contributes nothing strategical to the game. There is never a reason to NOT L-Cancel.

L-cancelling should be renamed Γ-cancelling because it's dumb like Waluigi.
I agree with this.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
No funky time, I mean Samus is a heavy character, but I wouldn't consider her a true "heavyweight." Whenever I think of a heavy character in a fighting game, I think of really big characters. Really the only "true" heavyweight characters in Smash IMO are Ganondorf and Bowser (plus Mewtwo if his weight was accurate to his appearance in Pokémon).

@ Horsetail
Well somebody's gotta spill the beans... :smirk:
That's pretty funny considering ganondorf is only one unit heavier than samus and there are 5 characters heavier than ganondorf but lighter than bowser that you don't consider heavyweights. :laugh:

@horsetail
Samus is floaty, the 3rd floatiest actually. Only behind jiggs and peach.

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@ Kuma
I agree L-cancelling should be automatic. I'm just merely stating that in certain situations, there is some amount of skill involved with L-cancelling.
The situations you provided are more analogous to high-low mixups really. That's the kind of thing you'd want people thrown off of since high level play is not just execution but mind games too.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Disfunk: Alrighty then. I guess I'm right.

Anyway, I really wish Peach would acguire some new specials. Take (even if super-easy) Super Princess Peach as an inspiration for the new specials.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's pretty funny considering ganondorf is only one unit heavier than samus and there are 5 characters heavier than ganondorf but lighter than bowser that you don't consider heavyweights. :laugh:
Well quite frankly, I think only Bowser should be heavier than Ganondorf. Ganondorf in Brawl was way too light.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
He weighed the same in melee XD. Bowser got 3 units heavier, DK got 2 units heavier, samus (who was heavier than ganondorf in melee) lost 2 units, and everyone else heavier than Ganon is new.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He weighed the same in melee XD. Bowser got 3 units heavier, DK got 2 units heavier, samus (who was heavier than ganondorf in melee) lost 2 units, and everyone else heavier than Ganon is new.
Oh, I forgot DK! XD Of course Donkey Kong should be heavier than Ganondorf. However, I think Samus should be at least a tad lighter than Ganondorf.

I imagine the other heavier characters are Charizard (I think he should lose some weight and gain a lot of speed), Snake (his weight needs to be nerfed to a little above Link's, and his range for melee attacks needs to not be ridiculous), and maybe King Dedede.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Yep, you got it dude =P. The weight list is
Bowser----120
DK---------116
Snake-----113
D3---------112
Charizard--110
Ganondorf-109
Samus-----108

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Xhampi:as we are both french,we probably can say lots of things any one around here won't understand...
[COLLAPSE="Psss,Xhampi"]

On l'fait?[/COLLAPSE]

As of weight,i never really cared,not that it won't disturb me if puff was heavy...

grizby2

Smash Lord
Disfunk: Alrighty then. I guess I'm right.

Anyway, I really wish Peach would acguire some new specials. Take (even if super-easy) Super Princess Peach as an inspiration for the new specials.

taking out neutral B would make room for toad.:awesome:
thats the biggest problem i have with toad being in smash. (i know that sounds dumb.)

Xhampi

Smash Lord
The only ones that I can see beat Bowser to this in SSB4 are K.Rool and Ridley.
Bowser is the Meta Knight of the Weight list: "Obesity is my destiny" :awesome:

@Mypantisgone : Et de quoi tu veut parler exactement ^^ ?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yep, you got it dude =P. The weight list is
Bowser----120
DK---------116
Snake-----113
D3---------112
Charizard--110
Ganondorf-109
Samus-----108
Bowser should be like... 150, Snake should be way lower (at least 15 lower), De3 should be like 30 lower (and much faster), and Charizard should be like 30 lower. Ganondorf should go up like 5, and Samus can stay as is.

Really, this weight list is silly. Snake is ridiculously broken. Why should a character be above average in weight, recovery, range, damage, knockback, combos, defense, projectiles, movement speed, etc=??? Seriously, Snake is above average to near top tier at everything that impacts a match.

This is yet another reminder that Sakurai allowed Snake (and Meta Knight and King Dedede) to be broken from the get go in Brawl.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
John doesn't know what he's talking about.

Talking about weights as though they're supposed to make sense. What a noob.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Indeed.

If D3 lose 30 units he'd be tied with olimar for weight XD. The lowest is 68 units (jiggs). If bowser gained 30 units he'd be ridiculously hard to knock off. It's hard to gauge how weights should change without knowing what the difference between 1 unit and 2 units is =\

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Ben,par example,tu peux dire des truc completement stupid,mais,faut pas aller trop loin,il y a une régle du forum contre les refference qui vont trop loin dans un sujet tabou!si tu vois de quoi je parle!

Oasis,you are the one who proclaimed himself Oasis_sakurai and now you critic,saying it's ilogic.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Shut up metal, grown ups are talking. You'll understand when you finally become an adult.

@mypants
google traducteur travaille à la fois bro façons.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Indeed.

If D3 lose 30 units he'd be tied with olimar for weight XD. The lowest is 68 units (jiggs). If bowser gained 30 units he'd be ridiculously hard to knock off. It's hard to gauge how weights should change without knowing what the difference between 1 unit and 2 units is =\
Well is the weight in kilograms=??? That's what I figured... >.>

As for Bowser, that's the point. Keep his recovery as crap, but make him hard to kill. Maybe give him some added strength, and you're good. :cool: That or give him more super armor, a better recovery, more viable quick moves, more viable early KO potential and a at least slightly better recovery.

Also, I would love to see Jigglypuff be ridiculously light by have ridiculous combos and recovery. Like Wall of Pain combo everything, but it can get KO'd by a single Falcon Punch, DK Super Punch, Ganondorf's up tilt, all of Bowser's smash attacks fully charged, etc.

Still, De3 should be a few units below Link's weight IMO.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I only disagree with Snake.
He must be something below Yoshi,but above Wario.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, I would love to see Jigglypuff be ridiculously light by have ridiculous combos and recovery. Like Wall of Pain combo everything, but it can get KO'd by a single Falcon Punch, DK Super Punch, Ganondorf's up tilt, all of Bowser's smash attacks fully charged, etc.
If she has full meter. She turns into Dark Jigglypuff.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ben, for example, you can say something completely stupid, but must not go too far, there is a forum rule against the refference that go too far in taboo! If you see what I mean!

Oasis,you are the one who proclaimed himself Oasis_sakurai and now you critic,saying it's ilogic.
But if I said John doesn't know what he's talking about, then of course I, Oasis_Sakurai, knows why is he wrong and what he should be saying instead.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I only disagree with Snake.
He must be something below Yoshi,but above Wario.
It's going to be hard since they have the same weight (107).

Mypantisgone: Je risque pas de trop en parler de toute maniére, la seul fille que j'ai jamais eu dans mon lit c'est mon chien TnT

@JohnKnight : I still wonder if Capcom will really accept Megaman in smash bros when you see how they act with him in their own fighting games.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Yoshi and wario have equal weights (107).

@john
I understand but 150 seems like overkill. Personally I'm for more super armor like the brawl - version.

@metal
You brought that upon yourself by criticizing the posting techniques. Sorry bro

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@john
I understand but 150 seems like overkill. Personally I'm for more super armor like the brawl - version.
Well then 120-125 sounds like a good range. Really Bowser should be much heavier than the rest of the cast, as well as more powerful than everyone else. The fact that he's barely heavier than anyone else, not that much stronger, lacks super armor, and really has no real true "strengths" despite tons of weaknesses is why Bowser is so weak! :facepalm:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Honestly, if any third party is going to get in, it's going to be a Square character. It makes FAR more sense than Megaman, and Snake. The relationship between the two companies is pretty tight lately.

Slime/Black Mage
Megaman
Layton

Take your pick.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, if any third party is going to get in, it's going to be a Square character. It makes FAR more sense than Megaman, and Snake. The relationship between the two companies is pretty tight lately.
Nah, Mega Man is the way to go. Plus Square Enix lacks characters with real personality that are constantly appearing like Mega Man, Snake, and Sonic. Also, Mega Man was the 1st real "star" 3rd party character for Nintendo. Even to this today people think of Mega Man as a Nintendo character (although not literally), myself included.

Edit: Plus Snake is a much cooler character than any Square Enix character. Seriously, next to all of Square Enix's characters post-Super Nintendo suck balls!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Have you played brawl -? Bowser does fine without being much heavier because he has tons of super armor. Like MK's Fair don't phase him (i grammered the sentence like that on purpose)

Would it make you feel better metal of I told you I said it with love?
Riley: No homo.

Shortie I pick bomberman. *Gasp* I know shocker, right?

Battery dieing so I'm leaving. Bye peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom