• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
How they're going to make a story out this is beyond me. lol

Sorry if I missed a detail or two, it's tough keeping up Serenes Forest right now with all the leaks pouring in. :p
When the detail of DLC for FE13 featuring characters from past FE13 came out, Iwata specifically said that the story for these DLC chapters would be absurd.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
When the detail of DLC for FE13 featuring characters from past FE13 came out, Iwata specifically said that the story for these DLC chapters would be absurd.
It'll be interesting to see if it turns out to be similar to SSE's story. FE has good writers though, so lets hope for something fun. Going to be disapointed if there's no Marth, Roy, and Ike DLC chapter.

When the game offically comes out tommorrow (or is it today in Japan?) we can get some more info on the main story. I'm interested to see how Krom fares as his own character.

D

Deleted member

Ike is DLC? That gives me a little more hope that Krom doesn't replace him.

D

Deleted member

Still good enough. At least he's still around.

Now we wait until Roy is revealed....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here are pictures of Ike and Micaiah in FE13:

NPC Ike (the model looks barely like him):

Enemy Micaiah (looks even worse than Ike):

Really lazy IS.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh my. Those are horrible.

Now you're no longer squealing with Joy over Alvis being included.
Yeah, I was very excited to learn Alvis was a NPC and really wanted to see him make his 3D debut, but now looking at Ike and Micaiah, I am now expecting something disappointing.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Holy crap those are awful. Was it so hard for them to actually get the damn character designs right?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You were probably hoping to rip his model from the 3DS, do a bit of doin', and eventually create a papercraft model out of him.

Then you could have a little Alvis on your shelf.

But alas.

All hopes, are lost.

Dreams, dashed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Micaiah looks ok. It's Ike who just looks horrible. Would've expect more, since Krom uses his battle animations and all. :/ At least the head band and the colors should've been there. As well as the cape. Where they even trying? This just looks like a generic Mercenary unit with blue spikey hair.

Anyway, I guess this is all we see from Ike in this game anyway. Not having higher hopes for Roy either.

If I would make paid DLC chapters, I'd make sure it'd be worth the money. An example I thought of is a whole map inspired on FE9. You fight as Ike, Soren, Titania, Boyd, Oscar, Rhys, Gatrie, Shinon, Rolf and Mist through one big chapter with multiple bosses you have to face one by one as the Four Riders, the Black Knight and last King Ashnard. When completed without losing any character you'd make Ike join your party. Similar thing could be done for Roy, fighting with his knights + Lilinia vs everyone + King Zephiel.

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Either way, I still say two Fire Emblem reps is the most likely route. If there is a third, expect that one to be a last minute clone (Roy) or a last minute add-back (Ike, like how Jigglypuff was in Brawl).

Also, using collapse tags won't kill you. It's annoying to see the same pictures quoted over and over within two pages.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Agreeing with Arc, but leaning more towards Ike than Roy.

It'll be Marth and Krom guys. Been saying this for how long again??

I say Krom is a shoe in. Especially at this point. 99.9998% certain we'll see him in this game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Here are pictures of Ike and Micaiah in FE13:

Really lazy IS.
Dang, those are bad. But I guess IS can be forgiven, I mean it would take a lot of extra programing to give EVERY DLC, spotpass, and MU character their own unique model. Even the 3DS has limits.

I'm still interested to see the Gaiden characters get some reinventing in 3d. Gaiden deserves more love than it gets, not to mention the characters from that game have received the least amount of updates to there models and art in comparison to other FE games.

I'm still not sold on Krom yet until we get some more info on the actual story. FE13 is a mix of previous FE games, the gameplay and DLC is a heavy testimate to that. Why have a character that in the end may not be his own?

vicgur

Smash Ace
I say Krom is a shoe in. Especially at this point. 99.9998% certain we'll see him in this game.
You're being WAY too confident there, man.
Looks like you guys forgot that Ike had 2 games, and one of them [an AWESOME game] even came between Brawl and now... Not to mention Sakurai already started working on the game before Krom's Fire Emblem came out.
I think Ike's chances aren't that bad, just because the guy
knows Aether
and stuff like that...We'll have to wait and see what happens.

I think Krom's best chances [99%] are if they decide to put 3 FE characters in the game. If they don't, I'm not very certain [50%] he will replace Ike...

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I've been thinking. Y'know how there's a wall-jump and wall-cling mechanic in Brawl and/or Melee? What if they add another mechanic in Smash4 that allows you to slide down walls or vertical slopes for a short time? Its basically what many platforming-esque characters like Mario, Megaman and Rayman do in their games, and that would translate pretty well into SSB4. It could last as long as a wall-cling does (a few seconds), but the speed in which you slide down increases as time passes and eventually you automatically let go of the wall/vertical slope you're pressed against. It could be applied to some characters who already have a wall-jump ability, as well as characters who don't, like Luigi (who does this in many games).

I would apply this to characters who can wall-cling as well, but since you can jump at any time while clinging they'd practically have all 3 options, compared to those who'd have 2 while others only have 1.

Imagine the advantages of having a "wall-slide" ability. It would be easy to distinguish but fit perfectly with wall-jumping and wall-clinging. Who would you guys envision with this ability?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I thought about newcomers for the Kirby series, and I've come to the ultimate conclusion:

Mr. Dooter. Think about it; It'd be the ultimate twist. Master Hand and Crazy Hand are actually Mr. Dooter's hands. It'd be- *shot for silence*

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I've been thinking. Y'know how there's a wall-jump and wall-cling mechanic in Brawl and/or Melee? What if they add another mechanic in Smash4 that allows you to slide down walls or vertical slopes for a short time? Its basically what many platforming-esque characters like Mario, Megaman and Rayman do in their games, and that would translate pretty well into SSB4. It could last as long as a wall-cling does (a few seconds), but the speed in which you slide down increases as time passes and eventually you automatically let go of the wall/vertical slope you're pressed against. It could be applied to some characters who already have a wall-jump ability, as well as characters who don't, like Luigi (who does this in many games).

I would apply this to characters who can wall-cling as well, but since you can jump at any time while clinging they'd practically have all 3 options, compared to those who'd have 2 while others only have 1.

Imagine the advantages of having a "wall-slide" ability. It would be easy to distinguish but fit perfectly with wall-jumping and wall-clinging. Who would you guys envision with this ability?
Very good idea. The more movement options leads to a more interactive and flavorful game.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Dang, those are bad. But I guess IS can be forgiven, I mean it would take a lot of extra programing to give EVERY DLC, spotpass, and MU character their own unique model. Even the 3DS has limits.
Not a 3DS issue so much as the product of a last-minute addition. Same reason for all the old art portraits.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Not a 3DS issue so much as the product of a last-minute addition. Same reason for all the old art portraits.
Marth is the only "guest" Fire Emblem character to get new artwork and an unique class (Star Lord), the other lords seem to have a non-lord class as their class. I am surprised that a lot of the lords have already appeared in some form. However, Marth is in a league above all other FE characters, so that is to be expected.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You're being WAY too confident there, man.
Looks like you guys forgot that Ike had 2 games, and one of them [an AWESOME game] even came between Brawl and now... Not to mention Sakurai already started working on the game before Krom's Fire Emblem came out.
I think Ike's chances aren't that bad, just because the guy
knows Aether
and stuff like that...We'll have to wait and see what happens.

I think Krom's best chances [99%] are if they decide to put 3 FE characters in the game. If they don't, I'm not very certain [50%] he will replace Ike...
Prediction means taking chances, and why take chances if you're not confident in your standing? I think its more likely we will see Krom than Ike, but am hoping to see both of coarse.

Marth WILL be in Smash though. That is, our old and trusted Hero King Marth (why hasn't someone called him Hero Queen Martha yet?) as he's OBVIOUSLY still the face of the series and has appeared in ALL Fire Emblem games released after Brawl. Just kinda wished Ike was promoted as largely. :/ He's still my favorite Fire Emblem character after all.

Also, I predict Star Lord is Marth's second (promoted) class. Or at least I hope so. This is his fifth time appearing playable in Fire Emblem and he never got his promotion class. If not, at least make him able to level up to level 40 instead of 30 with higher caps please...

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I thought about newcomers for the Kirby series, and I've come to the ultimate conclusion:

Mr. Dooter. Think about it; It'd be the ultimate twist. Master Hand and Crazy Hand are actually Mr. Dooter's hands. It'd be- *shot for silence*
I laughed to much,seriously. :laugh:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Yeah, GIGA GAGA will be the best final smash of SSB4,no one will survive to it!!!

vicgur

Smash Ace
Prediction means taking chances, and why take chances if you're not confident in your standing? I think its more likely we will see Krom than Ike, but am hoping to see both of coarse.

Marth WILL be in Smash though. That is, our old and trusted Hero King Marth (why hasn't someone called him Hero Queen Martha yet?) as he's OBVIOUSLY still the face of the series and has appeared in ALL Fire Emblem games released after Brawl. Just kinda wished Ike was promoted as largely. :/ He's still my favorite Fire Emblem character after all.
Hmm... Ok. I don't like to "take my chances" like this, because I was like 99% sure Ridley would be playable in Brawl... Yup.

But if you want me to put my money on the table and make a nice prediction, here it is:
Krom's only chance is if Fire Emblem gets another character slot in Sm4sh.
Ike won't be replaced.

Marth and Ike in Sm4sh. I bet FI$50 [Fictional Internet Dollars] for it. :cool:

No Roy. Sorry.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Why don´t you bet these Fictional Internet Dollars on 4 links? :troll:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Don't mention Lady Gaga or Fuji or whatever will come out of nowhere and start posting here. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom