• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Masked Link and a fight with Skullkid in an adventure mode would be cool, but it would itch too much that he's not playable... I've always had a thing for Skullkid, he has moveset potential, has a powerful and awesome appearance, and he's crazy! But yeah he doesn't have alot of chance unless Majora's Mask 3DS is released... and Toon Link is in more games so maybe he won't be replaced by Masked Link... which leaves a little bit more chance for Skullkid.. what will Sakurai doooo?!
I doubt both Masked Link or Skullkid will get in to be honest. Even if a 3ds remake will happen.I think that the newer games will have a much better chance. I am expecting maybe Demise or Ghirahim, but other than those 2 I have no idea what other Zelda characters they would be likely to put in.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
lawl I didn't notice Toon Link was gone. He should be there with Toon moves. I hope people realize how cool that would be.

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
Tingle... =P I'd love him personally, I don't think Impa will get in, she was in OoT and SS and she had an appearance in windwaker on stained glass, as one of the sages (not as Zelda's helper)

She might, and I wouldn't mind, but I don't want her in a cartoony artstyle (like in SS), give her a graphical update in that case.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Tingle... =P I'd love him personally, I don't think Impa will get in, she was in OoT and SS and she had an appearance in windwaker on stained glass, as one of the sages (not as Zelda's helper)

She might, and I wouldn't mind, but I don't want her in a cartoony artstyle (like in SS), give her a graphical update in that case.
I support Tingle as well. And for Impa, I think her SS model would be the best because she looks too weird in the other Zelda games lol. In SS she actually looks pretty cool.

vicgur

Smash Ace
@Shorts This made me realize, as much as I fight and campaign for characters, all I truly care about is no cuts. The only reason I wouldn't be happy with that is the cuts. Toon Link upsets me the least, even though I love him, mostly because he's a clone. But the third parties and Red... I can't go on without them.
THIS. This, this, a hundred times this!!
If Sakurai take some of those from the game, it will be a worse sin than not putting guys like Ridley...

:phone:

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
I like how Link in Melee got this cool model (I like it more than the Twilight Princess' one), I'd like for Impa (and all the characters) to have a general noncartoony artstyle, but I like the way she looks in SS, but just not the shaderstyle and too simple textures etc. I'd like it if they had all the characters in 1 harmonious artstyle, maybe even changing some characters a bit (making them look cooler/slightly less cartoony), Link in Brawl was just a copy from Twilight Princess, I don't want that to happen.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hope you realize that it came down to Pika, Jiggs, PT, Lucario, and Mewtwo during Brawl's development. You know who they cut. And if it came down to adding Mewtwo or Zoroark, history will repeat itself. Same goes for Ike and Roy situation, which is now Krom vs Roy.

I think Zoro, Mewtwo, Roy, and Krom will all be PLANNED for SSB4, but if time contraints come up... you know which two are getting cut.

I don't care if Toon Link, gets cut, like, at all. Probably the ONLY character I would not give a **** if he got cut. Well, him, and Sonic and Snake.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I like how Link in Melee got this cool model (I like it more than the Twilight Princess' one), I'd like for Impa (and all the characters) to have a general noncartoony artstyle, but I like the way she looks in SS, but just not the shaderstyle and too simple textures etc. I'd like it if they had all the characters in 1 harmonious artstyle, maybe even changing some characters a bit (making them look cooler/slightly less cartoony), Link in Brawl was just a copy from Twilight Princess, I don't want that to happen.
I see, kind of like Toon Link in Brawl where he wasn't as cartoony looking as he was in WW or other TL games.

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
I see, kind of like Toon Link in Brawl where he wasn't as cartoony looking as he was in WW or other TL games.
Yeah like that, but also how characters like Fox, Falco, Ganondorf, Link from their N64 games got a graphical and special update for Melee, I hope now with the Wii U's new graphical abilities they will have changes like this, a real upgrade, damn I wanna see a trailer at E3!

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
Yeah like that, but also how characters like Fox, Falco, Ganondorf, Link from their N64 games got a graphical and special update for Melee, I hope now with the Wii U's new graphical abilities they will have changes like this, a real upgrade, damn I wanna see a trailer at E3!

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
YEa, I Can't wait to see Sm4sh in HD. But I wouldn't get your hopes to high for a good E3 trailer, if one at all. If we do happen to get one all we will get is probably a teaser and the Title of the game maybe. It's way to early in the games development to be able to show off any of the in-game footage yet.

D

Deleted member

I....can't believe it....

Metal Sonic support is starting to rise. I've been lurking around forums for a bit on terms of Smash newcomers, and Metal Sonic is beginning to be a popular choice...
All because of Episode Metal.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I....can't believe it....

Metal Sonic support is starting to rise. I've been lurking around forums for a bit on terms of Smash newcomers, and Metal Sonic is beginning to be a popular choice...
All because of Episode Metal.
Yesssss, hoping for Metal Sonic as well. or anyone besides Tails lol.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
History won't necessarily repeat itself just cus. If there is more of a demand for Mewtwo than he will get in over Zoroark. People liked Mewtwo but he also wasn't too popular because some people found that he needed a good dose of buffs. Now people are friggin Mewtwo crazy, he is probably the most desired.

Super Smash Bros Fan or whatever the name is made that Character voting system and among us Mewtwo I think surpassed everyone by far. Zoroark was either low or not even in the top 20.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well the physical doesn't really mean much.

There is more reason to expect Zoroark over Mewtwo, if the two came down to the wire.

A. Pokemon Company dips their hands into smash a bit and says, "You should use this". I'm willing to bet one of their "suggestions" will be Zorotinisect, and their old suggestion was Lucario.

B. History shows that Sakurai picked Lucario, Jiggs, PT, Pika, all over Mewtwo in the past. Probably has something to do with Pokemon Co and their push, however strong or weak it is we know it's there.

C. The dirty truth is, Sakurai doesn't take fan suggestion as much as most people like to believe. Sure, he does take it into consideration, but at the end of the day, it's his PERSONAL ideas that make the cut. So, the demand for Mewtwo could very likely be noticed, but it doesn't mean squat when Sakurai has HIS VISION, POKEMON CO'S VISION, annnnnnnnnnnnd time constraints to work with.

That being said, Mewtwo and Zoroark could very well be added in together.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I feel VERY confident that Mewtwo has better chances than Zoroark. Zoroark does not even has the Generation 5 spot locked down (it could very well go to Victini, Genesect, or possibly some new poster Pokemon that Game Freak rolls out). Mewtwo is the most wanted Pokemon in every region.

D

Deleted member

If there were two characters who I'd be willing to bet my soul if I still had it, they'd be Mewtwo and Ridley.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The first set of Spot Pass characters for FE13 have a FE4 Generation 1 theme.

Ayra
Jamka
Arden
Levin
Alvis
Lachesis
Cuan
Sigurd
Ethlin
Diadora

Alvis so far is the only classic FE villain to make an appearance in some form in FE13.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
he could replace Ike(or get in first)
I hope not. Who would I primary with? But, yeah, Krom should just take his one game and suck it. Ike has been in two, and I can't remember how many Marth has been in. Let's add an antagonist, like Zelgius or Ashnard. Maybe add Krom as an Assist. oh yeah, and an Assist list:
Epona(charges and smashes into stuff)
Hammer Bro(same)
Knuckle Joe(same)
Helrin(*sigh* Same...)
Magnus(slices with his sword, which uses electricity)
Eggplant Wizard(You know what he does...:awesome:)
Waluigi(same)
Micahaia(attacks an enemy with a magic burst)
Devil(same)
Barbara(same)
Mr.Resseti(same annoying crap)
Lakitu(same)
Metroid(same)
Slippy Toad(crashes his Arwing onto the enemy(wow, he actually does something...:chuckle:))
Krom(uses Aether to smash stuff)

Other than that, I'm brain-dead.:urg:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I feel VERY confident that Mewtwo has better chances than Zoroark. Zoroark does not even has the Generation 5 spot locked down (it could very well go to Victini, Genesect, or possibly some new poster Pokemon that Game Freak rolls out). Mewtwo is the most wanted Pokemon in every region.
That's a cute opinion.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Mewtwo was and is in his vision. Whereas Zoroark has not been in a Smash Brothers, Mewtwo has, and was cut from a second appearance due to time constraints. So there is all that, and the fact that people actually want Mewtwo. Obviously he doesn't take a list of the most wanted characters and goes down the list adding them, but a chunk of Brawl came from the most requested characters from the polls. The only way to think Zoroark has more chance than Mewtwo is that if you simply want him in more, and that means nothing. It is Sakurai's vision after all.

D

Deleted member

I would also like to point out that Mewtwo has been in or has planned to be in each of the Smashes so far.
So it's not like Sakurai doesn't find Mewtwo important.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I don't think "important" is the right word, maybe "interesting". If he were important he wouldn't have a W-L 1-2 ratio.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hope not. Who would I primary with? But, yeah, Krom should just take his one game and suck it. Ike has been in two, and I can't remember how many Marth has been in. Let's add an antagonist, like Zelgius or Ashnard. Maybe add Krom as an Assist. oh yeah, and an Assist list:
Epona(charges and smashes into stuff)
Hammer Bro(same)
Knuckle Joe(same)
Helrin(*sigh* Same...)
Magnus(slices with his sword, which uses electricity)
Eggplant Wizard(You know what he does...:awesome:)
Waluigi(same)
Micahaia(attacks an enemy with a magic burst)
Devil(same)
Barbara(same)
Mr.Resseti(same annoying crap)
Lakitu(same)
Metroid(same)
Slippy Toad(crashes his Arwing onto the enemy(wow, he actually does something...:chuckle:))
Krom(uses Aether to smash stuff)

Other than that, I'm brain-dead.:urg:
I'd rather Waluigi was playable over an Assist again. They bumped up his status from a simple Trophy to someone who affects battles. Funny how he gets closer to being playable each game. Same with Tingle.

I'm not saying Ike should get replaced, or that anyone should. If characters may get replaced, he is one of the more likely to be cut, same with the Pokemon newcomers. If we follow how it happened between Melee and Brawl.

I don't take that as fact, just a reasonable prediction. I'd rather Krom was a trophy than being teased as an AT, really. Unless Lyn becomes playable, she can take the spot again, really.

We have other spellcasters anyway. We also really shouldn't have more than two(at best) AT's from any series. You've got a long history of Nintendo, so lets use it.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
I don't think "important" is the right word, maybe "interesting". If he were important he wouldn't have a W-L 1-2 ratio.

Win-Lose ratio has nothing to do with the "importance" of a character for them, I believe neither does the amount of time they worked on said character would interfere in its performance. They are not aware of how the game will be played in the long run, so they don't really have an idea if a character design is good for competitive or not. They design characters with items and FFA or the 2v2 theory in mind.

I don't know what they consider overpower or weak, and the group of people they use to test the game is very exclusive and not big enough for a perfect feedback. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh I forgot he was planned for the first one, oops. He was going to be a veteran. O:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What's your point?

His point is that your point makes no sense.

By your logic characters like Wario, Dedede, Meta Knight, Olimar, and Pit also have a bigger "loss" record than "win" record due to them being playable in only one out of three Smash Bros. games.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mewtwo certainly is unluckiest character in the series.

Turns out that Krom can reclass into the cavalier and archer classes. I'm going to bet that people are going to get hung up on that like so many characters of the past. :smirk:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Show me where all those characters were at least planned to be in all three games. My point is that if mewtwo was viewed as so "important" he would have had higher priority instead of being supposedly being put on the back burner twice. As far as we know olimar was considered once and he out prioritized someone like mewtwo who was allegedly considered thrice. You can't have a loss if you were never in the running.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Show me where all those characters were at least planned to be in all three games. My point is that if mewtwo was viewed as so "important" he would have had higher priority instead of being supposedly being put on the back burner twice. As far as we know olimar was considered once and he out prioritized someone like mewtwo who was allegedly considered thrice. You can't have a loss if you were never in the running.

Olimar was never considered for Melee. Also, Dedede was considered for Smash 64, and supposedly considered for Melee. The same goes for Wolf.

Again your point is very weak and makes no sense.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Where did I say olimar was considered for melee? I said he was considered once and he made it. He was considered for brawl and he made it. My point is that if they were considered more than once and didn't make it then they they weren't viewed as important as other characters who were considered equal or less times and did make it. How does that not make sense?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Where did I say olimar was considered for melee? I said he was considered once and he made it. He was considered for brawl and he made it. My point is that if they were considered more than once and didn't make it then they they weren't viewed as important as other characters who were considered equal or less times and did make it. How does that not make sense?

Your wording made it sound like Olimar was planned for Melee.

An example of your logic:

Both Jigglypuff and Bowser were considered for Smash 64, but only Jigglypuff made it in, therefore, Jigglypuff is a more important character than Bowser.

Its dismal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom